Allocate/Purchase - Taking Sign Ups!!!

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Allocate/Purchase - Taking Sign Ups!!!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:41 pm

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Welcome survivors from far and wide, do you think you have what it takes to Outwit, Outplay, Outlast and Outbid the competition?

So this here is gonna be my first proper game to moderate and within the LSG community, it's based around A/E in the sense that you keep voting every round til someone is eliminated and the second highest votes wins immunity. However you only get one vote per round and each round has a bidding based mechanic where you can try to bid for items to use during that round, see below for the full rules of the game

Spoiler: General Rules
|01| This is a game. The main objective is to have fun; so no excessive flaming, spamming, or submission of anything else prohibited within the MS forums.
|02| This is a game. The secondary objective is to win. Regardless of how amusing you think it may be, do not join merely to troll the other players.
|03| My modding is not infallible, so if I make a mistake, please point it out and I will try and correct it before anyone else notices, before acting like it never happened.
|03b| This is my first proper social game that I’m modding...please be patient with me, but also feel free to give me advice/feedback where needed
|04| Private communication with any players in the game is allowed and encouraged.
|04b| You may not take screenshots of in-game conversations (except to send to me)
|05| Exercise common sense. If you are unsure as to whether an action conflicts with the rules, ask.

Spoiler: Voting Rules
|06| This game will play out entirely through private voting. Every round, the player who receives the most votes (and isn't protected) will be eliminated from the game.
|07| 48 hours will be given for each period of voting. If you miss a deadline, you will self-vote, If you miss two deadlines, you will be removed from the game.
|08| After the votes are revealed, the player who received the highest number of votes and is still in the game will receive immunity, and cannot be voted for until the next round ends. If there is a tie for the second-highest vote getter, immunity will be held by the same player who held it in the previous round. If immunity has not been given out during the game, and a tie occurs, immunity will not be given out. Immunity will be eligible to be given each round through the round where five players remain.
|09| All votes will be shown anonymously.
|10| In the event of a tie, there will be a revote in which all players other than those involved in the tie will be able to cast a single vote (can't buy new rewards during this stage) for one of the players locked in the tie. If this vote is tied, a random player will be eliminated among the non-tied players.
|11| Once only three players remain, the players that placed from 4th to 11th place will have 72 hours to question the final three, after which they will privately cast votes for the winner. The player with the most votes will be the winner. The finalists will be asked to submit conditional votes for one of their fellow finalists. These conditional votes will only be relied on in the event of a tie.

Spoiler: Auction Rules
|12| At the beginning of the game every player is given 100 coins, but there is no way of gaining more coins during the game.
|13| At the beginning of every round until Final 5 a list of Reward Items will be posted, the items posted will be random from a much larger list, and there will always be X/2 (rounded up) items available each round where X is the number of players left in the game
|14| Any items not bought during the round will stay on the list for the following round, any items that are used are immediately eligible for the following round
|15| Each round you may bid on 1 item, putting in as many coins as you wish, highest bid wins the item for that round and loses any coins put onto that item, if you're unsuccessful in your bid for whatever reason you gain your money back
|16| If there's a tie for the highest bid on an item than all bids fail and the item is put back out for the next round
|17| Unless otherwise stated, all items must be used on the round that they are bought and will effect that current vote, therefore when putting down a bid you must also state what you plan on doing with said item (e.g: Bid: 56 coins on the Immunity Idol to be played on CreativeMod1)
|18| Unless otherwise stated, when an item affects a vote it will reveal who played said item, but not how much was spent on buying said item
|19| Unless otherwise stated, you may play any item on any player (including yourself)
|20| If you wish to remove a bid you must state that it is removed, otherwise even if you change your vote, your last bid will accompany it

Spoiler: Discord Rules
|21| This game will be played via discord, with all announcements and reminders being made there, all vote counts and reward lists will be posted in this thread (but announced on Discord when they're up)
|22| All players must join the Discord server for this game
|23| You must not impersonate another player on Discord

Spoiler: Auction Items
1) Immunity Idol
2) Immunity Idol that must be played for someone else
3) Immunity Idol that must be played next round
4) Immunity for next round
5) Target player loses 10 coins (doesn't affect till end of round)
6) Target player auto-fails their bid
7) Target Item is removed from Auction and any bids made against it this round will fail
8) Block a player from bidding next round
9) Steal a vote
10) Double vote
11) Block a vote
12) Pick an auction item from unused
13) Pick an auction item to be added to the next round
14) Preview next auction list and remove up to 2 items
15) Target player has 1 less vote
16) Vacation next round
17) Remove a Juror
18) Target player gets to vote twice if on the Jury (does not need to be for the same player)
19) Receive an extra Jury vote
20) Target player has 1 less Jury vote
21) Have 2 votes next round
22) Target player takes a vacation next round (can't be yourself)
23) Immunity idol that can be played any round
24) Find out full list of votes made this round
25) Find out how target player voted this round
26) Find out how much money target player has
27) Find out how much money total is left in the game
28) Target player can’t vote next round
29) Legacy Advantage: Safe at F6, if voted out, is willed to another player - anon till used - once bought can't be added back to auction list
30) Legacy Advantage: Safe at F7, if voted out, is willed to another player - anon till used - once bought can't be added back to auction list
31) Broken idol that can be played any round - 2 parts (Top bidders share an idol, they will know each other and may agree to use the idol on any other player together, if all other holders of this idol are eliminated then the last remaining player has it as a full idol, if only 1 player bids then the other parts are still available for the next round but can’t be bid on by the player with the first half)
32) Broken idol that can be played any round - 3 parts

Spoiler: Player List
1) CaptainMeme
2) Chemist1422
3) Iprobablysuck
4) PrivateI

/in in the thread to sign up! Feel free to add more auction items in this thread and I might add them to the game, I'm aiming to get more than 40 by the time the game starts, but the more the merrier

We're going to hold off starting the game until after Survivormeet on the 14/8/2019, this is also when I'll be posting the link to the Discord

All dates and times will be done in UK time/style (GMT)
Last edited by CreativeMod1 on Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
♪ ♫
I am the one thing in life I can control. I am inimitable, I am an original
♫ ♪
Come play: Codenames! | Taskmaster!
GTKAS!
It's easier to message me on Discord: CreativeMod1#3798
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:06 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

In post 0, CreativeMod1 wrote:All dates and times will be done in UK time/style (GMT)[/color]
I'm sold on it
/in

am a little disappointed you're not allowed to fake screenshots though, is there a reason for that?
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:20 am

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Urm, my previous mod experience is based on doing games for my uni group and the rule is based around my rules there, we didn't allow it because it gave an advantage to players who could do really believable fake screenshots
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:36 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

/in
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Iprobablysuck
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:23 am

Post by Iprobablysuck »

In me
Show
Do I REALLY suck? That's up to you to decide.

Retiring from LSG's and Mish Mash, for the most part. If you want to contact me, I suggest going outside and enjoying what the world has to offer, instead.

Definitely DID suck, in the end...Probably.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:48 am

Post by Cephrir »

As someone who isnt going to play this, if you want to disallow fake screenshots I would suggest that you simply disallow screenshots entirely. Provable info in LSGs is bad.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:05 am

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Hmm good point, tbh it's a rule which I'm quite open to discussion and only had it how it is from how my uni players preferred it, if the preference here is to allow fakes then I can get on board with that, I'd still not allow for screenshots of mod conversations
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:19 am

Post by Skelda »

I'm also not playing, but my preference is also towards not allowing screenshots at all.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:23 pm

Post by PrivateI »

I think the general preference will be to not allow screenshots at all. That is my preference as well, and I am /in.
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:24 am

Post by CreativeMod1 »

I've decided to go for the ruling of no screenshots allowed at all as shown in General Rules |04b|
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
brightskies
brightskies
Watcher
brightskies
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:34 am

Post by brightskies »

/in

:D
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:39 am

Post by xofelf »

/maybe
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:06 pm

Post by NotAJumbleOfNumbers »

not planning to /in, but more ideas for items:
  • Triple vote, but lose next round's vote
  • Your vote breaks the next tie that occurs
  • Bid on more than one item next round
  • Negate someone's vote (their vote subtracts from the number of votes)
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:01 am

Post by CreativeMod1 »

I'm putting this game on hold for a little bit in order to gain more players, I'll probably hold off until the Disney game is quite a bit through and pick up players who have been eliminated

Please /Out if this is a problem for you
Please /In /Out /In /Out to do a happy dance if you're excited about playing
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:11 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

/in
/out
/in
/shake it all about
/do the hokey pokey
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:05 pm

Post by PrivateI »

/out for the time being, feel free to let me know closer to time, but I want to be sure I'm still free.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:27 am

Post by Malkon05 »

/in depending on when.