SPITFLY - GAME OVER!

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:05 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Oldie but a goodie. Super applicable here.
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:47 pm

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

Let's do column, gonna be a fun time.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:45 am

Post by Radja »

KittyMo
JunkoChan
Gorkington
tris
CaptainMeme
zoraster
Aronis
McMenno
Cheery Dog
Malkon05
Iprobablysuck
dweller
animorpherv1
Haschel Cedriscon
Save The Dragons
DeasVailN
Chemist1422
chamber
VashtaNeurotic
gameplay506
racefan12
xofelf
Formerfish
Spangled

(expired on 2019-10-29 17:00:02) to vote!

Only 3 people to vote for, this should be exciting!
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:13 am

Post by Radja »

Results!

Let's see who got votes!
Spoiler:
N
DeasVail
KittyMo

ooh everyone got some.

Who's safe?
Spoiler:
Hey guess what, everybody got 2 votes! This means the new rule goes into effect and we'll have an extra round without immunity.
Cool!
KittyMo
JunkoChan
Gorkington
tris
CaptainMeme
zoraster
Aronis
McMenno
Cheery Dog
Malkon05
Iprobablysuck
dweller
animorpherv1
Haschel Cedriscon
Save The Dragons
DeasVailN
Chemist1422
chamber
VashtaNeurotic
gameplay506
racefan12
xofelf
Formerfish
Spangled

(expired on 2019-10-30 17:13:30) to vote!

Spoiler:
don't be lazy and read everything
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:04 pm

Post by Radja »

Results!

Spoiler:
VashtaNeurotic
Spangled
DeasVail
CaptainMeme

all get votes.

Spoiler:
2 players get 1 vote, the other 2 get 2 votes!
That means Malkon will get to decide who gets eliminated. That player then decides who wins immunity.

Who gets eliminated?

Spoiler:
VashtaNeurotic or Spangled both get 1 vote.
Malkon, you get to decide which of these 2 gets eliminated.
(expired on 2019-11-01 01:04:21) to decide.

That person then gets to give immunity to DeasVail or CaptainMeme
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:07 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Well this is not who I was hoping to have to kill. *had his bloodthirsty eye on one sonuvabitch*

But I’ll take it.

So I suppose to determine who I kill, I guess the most important question for me is: who will you make immune if I save you and why?

This is for both of you.
Last edited by Malkon05 on Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:18 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In addition I have a second follow up since I know your time is wonky spang:

I can name specific events where Vash has played an incredible game, but I struggle to see what you have done to specifically deserve to be here other than being a perfect “number” for vash and xof. Despite a few attempts to work with you this game you really just didn’t talk much to me and the one time it seemed like you might I had just been voted out and you hadn’t realized it yet so like... what game awareness do you have and what have you done that isn’t just other people telling you what to do?

Jury perception is gonna be huge and you...well...don’t have a lot of time to change it. Why would me saving you make you an interesting person against 5 other people who I can attribute game moves to and wouldn’t vote them over you because you...were there? I’m just trying to figure out how you plan to win and am trying to help you prep for a phase of the game you really don’t yet seem prepped for...view this as a warm up to what jury might be like and use it as an opportunity if you can :)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:31 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Vash I don’t really have much other than the who you choose to save. I don’t really have any beef with you this game and I think we both mutually understood it was me or you going last round even though we had our “let’s pretend for the 5th time to work together” talk.

If I think of something I’ll ask you.
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:59 pm

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

In post 332, Malkon05 wrote:Vash I don’t really have much other than the who you choose to save. I don’t really have any beef with you this game and I think we both mutually understood it was me or you going last round even though we had our “let’s pretend for the 5th time to work together” talk.

If I think of something I’ll ask you.
I mean honestly, 95% chance I give it to DV, like probably even higher than that. But I'd at least see if there is a pitch from Meme for why he deserves immunity. It would have to be a damn good one but like, he at least deserves that.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:03 pm

Post by KittyMo »

I'm glad you get a last hurrah Malkon. You are missed
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:52 pm

Post by Spangled »

I think my greatest defence is what you have not seen me doing; if you saw someone doing something this game while you were still alive, it doesn’t really deserve to be accoladed because if you know that someone’s doing something while you’re alive, you can counter it; knowledge is power and if you know someone’s exploits while they’re doing them... you have power over them. If you’ve known what Vash was doing while he was doing it — or even somewhat after — I wonder that he’s still alive, in fact.

I might argue that many of Vash and xof’s exploits were not just theirs but mine; myself and xof and FF and Chemist were actually a four-person group behind a 9 person ‘T’ group early in the game, and we organised the deaths of a fair few people. You may not have directly seen my hand in some things; I consider that a plus. At one point people clearly saw ‘our’ hand in something — Haschel’s death, I think — and perceived it as xof’s... and xof is dead. Again — I wonder that Vash is not.

I don’t know what it is that you think Vash has done that is ‘incredible play’, and I can’t think of an incident where I was not involved, through plan-making or vote-gathering. I might argue that if you saw an incredible play this game, it may not have been Vash’s, but the fact that, if it is his, you know it is, might be easily be counted a point against him.

I don’t think that the accusation that my game awareness is bad is... worth considering, really, as valid; everyone alive at this point has had attempts on their ‘life’, as it were. That’s... not really something worth considering. ‘Twas not merely Vash and xof who made the plans.

We’ve talked this game; to say we haven’t ain’t true. Not terribly much, but time zones are weird, weird things, and to be honest I hadn’t really considered you someone I could trust much; me and xof kept talking about you potentially doing somethin’ funky and killing her... and then it happened.

As to immunity, I’d probably give it to DV; really no matter which way he gives it there’s someone properly worth killing in the gamestate and someone also worth saving. I don’t think Meme would give it my way, and that benefit is fairly temporary anyway, whereas DV is someone I’d like in the F4, and, if I were to die, would prefer to reach there. What he’s done so far... has been a lot. A
lot
. Much like myself, you may not have seen him in places, doing things, but he’s been extremely involved this game, let’s just say.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:43 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Alright then spangled: name me a specific move you made independently or that you specifically drove.

Vash: is there validity to what spangled is saying or is it mostly hot air?
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:07 am

Post by Malkon05 »

VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

In post 336, Malkon05 wrote:Alright then spangled: name me a specific move you made independently or that you specifically drove.

Vash: is there validity to what spangled is saying or is it mostly hot air?
I refuse to go into detail on this matter, I do not wish to cut down the game of an ally whether or not my death is on the line. Still I'll humor you with an extremely tepid answer. I do feel that his claims are overblown and I can think of examples why, but that being said, I do feel that a lot of the negatives against spangled's game must be contextualized over well, him being in a different time zone from most of the game among other factors. Also it could very well be that he is working on things that I am unaware of and I certainly am not an expert on a lot of his early game.

Probably a lot better to let his follow up speak for itself.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:57 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Thanks Vash :) I don’t have further questions for you. My mind is mostly made up at this point, but I still want Spangled to answer my bit about a specific move before I announce my decision.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:27 am

Post by Spangled »

My claims were probably a wee bit overblown, to be fair, and were unfair to Vash; I think I started playing scum there for a second — theatrical and with the little white lies ever-present. It’s difficult being allies during the game because I’d
to say we’ve made a few decisions together, or through xof (as it were). It... is true that Vash has done more than me, and probably deserves to live more. I could say that this has been down to timezones, but I think Vash has put more effort in regardless.

I know I’ve done
something
this game, but it’d be cruel to make me trawl through discord logs if you’re just going to give it to Vash :D
And he has done more; it’s true.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:57 am

Post by Malkon05 »

I asked you to provide me with a specific example of something you’ve done because I genuinely want to know. Until I post a name, I haven’t killed anyone yet.

I have 7 hours to post my choice. If you can name me one move you have made, I want to know :)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:58 am

Post by Malkon05 »

If not, that’s fine too.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:59 am

Post by Malkon05 »

And to be more clear, I want you to just tell me one specific person you got out or a vote you cast that altered something about this game independently of anyone else.

I don’t need your whole game, just one decision you made or vote you cast that was outside of your alliances or that someone else didn’t suggest to you before hand.

Does that help?
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:15 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Based on what I have been told it is accurate that he first brought up haschel's name in the elusive 9 chat that round and that was the first in a chain of events leading to haschel's death but whether that makes Haschel dying his move is a more nuanced question
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:17 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 344, KittyMo wrote:Based on what I have been told it is accurate that he first brought up haschel's name in the elusive 9 chat that round and that was the first in a chain of events leading to haschel's death but whether that makes Haschel dying his move is a more nuanced question
As much as I appreciate this KMO, I want Spangled to tell me in his own words what he did. He has a little under 4 hours to do so. I want Spangled to play his own game, not someone else's.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:30 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Oh Vash! I thought of a question for you: Do you know how the votes broke out last round? I have a suspicion, I just want to be sure <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:43 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

There should just be one outstanding question for spangled and one for vash.

If these aren't responded to with 15 minutes left on the current timer, I will post my decision as to not violate the deadline Radja has given me.
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:37 pm

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

I mean I can't be completely sure, but my guess would be

DV and Kitty on Meme
N on Me
Me and Spangled on DV
Meme on Spangled
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:46 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Vash I meant the round I left >.> LAST round, not THIS round.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”