[Standard]Survivor: TRTWIUAA {Final Tribal Council}

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by zoraster »

Regardless of the explanation, and I'd love to hear it, thank you, DK.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Spoiler: Haschel Cedricson
Alright, I want to thank all three of you for a fantastic FTC. You all played great games and any one of you will be a deserving winner of this game. In a way, that makes all of you winners.

In another, more accurate way only one of you can be the winner. And now it's time for me to cast my vote for who I ultimately want it to be. This was a tough decision and I wavered several times, but the more I think about it the more convinced I am it's the right choice.

Let's start off with the runaway category.

Structural:
Zor takes this hands-down, with Scoots taking a very respectable second. Not only did Zor use the structure of this game to his advantage, he also demonstrated an excellent understanding of why it was to his advantage and adjusted his game to it perfectly. From recognizing the importance of winning Kanye Zone and grinding it out, to navigating the swaps and twists, to the way he handled his groupchats, Zor did basically everything I want to see when rewarding a structural game.

Social:
"Social" encompasses a wide range of things and you all made great arguments, but I have to give this one to Bella. Sure, she was well-liked in game. But more than that, she was able to use people liking her to advance her game. She was a threat people talked about needed to eventually cut, but because of her relationships nobody ever did. For what it's worth, to the best of my recollection she's also the only one of the three finalists that didn't have a juror say "There's no way I'm voting for X!" about them. Point Bella.

Strategic: First of all, I want to tell Scoots that I really respect your game. Your game reminds me of myself in #2016 where I focused on playing the best damn reactive game I could. It's a valid strategy, and you pulled it off very well.

The only problem with a reactive strategy is that in order to win with it you have to make sure you aren't sitting next to anybody who played the best damn proactive game they could and pulled it off. And unfortunately that's where we are now. This was the toughest of the three for me to evaluate but eventually I decided to give it to
Zoraster. More so than any other player in the game, Zor showed a remarkable ability to assess situations, identify what future scenarios would be negative for him, and then make sure those scenarios didn't happen. The Utah vote shaped the entire course of the game, and as much as I had planned on claiming that move as my own if I'd made it here the fact is Zor was the guy who pushed it from "Haschel wishes we could do this" to "Zor and Haschel are doing this." The multitude of F3 deals may have hurt him socially, but they were a solid strategy to get to the end. And ultimately when I look at the three finalists I feel he had the most agency this game.

That last category easily could have gone another way, but after sleeping on it I still believe I have to give it to Zor. And with that, I
Vote: Zoraster
to win the game.

Zoraster

That's three votes Zoraster.
het
het
Townie
het
Townie
Townie

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:06 pm

Post by het »

In post 744, Jamelia wrote:DONT READ MY VOTE I NEED TK SEND AN EXPLANATION WHY
Yeah wtf this is unexpected
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Spoiler: Het
I'm thrilled to cast my vote for Zor to win. VOTE: Zoraster

Zoraster

That's four votes Zoraster.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by hiplop »

het wtf is that explanation did i teach u NOTHING
third best scummer of all time
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by zoraster »

Thank you, Haschel. It means a lot.

And thank you, het. You were amazzzzing.
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by Jamelia »

At first angry, then upset, then at peace. My vote is for someone who made this experience worth it - and taught a valuable lesson on the importance of true friendship.

Here you go Zoraster!
het
het
Townie
het
Townie
Townie

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by het »

In post 755, hiplop wrote:het wtf is that explanation did i teach u NOTHING
Ugh I’m such a disappointment
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:09 pm

Post by McMenno »

pls delete that dk
mafiascum is on life support
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:09 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Spoiler: VashtaNeurotic
It's really interesting to be a juror in a game like this, cause tbh, I haven't really. The one time I was in a long form game FTC was pretty easy for me to cast a vote from the start and honestly, not that easy this time. Anyway, what this means is I get to write a long justification for my vote that is presumably well thought out and hopefully entertaining, which is sooooo much fun. So anyway let's get to thoughts on each of y'all.

Scoots, I sort of get the game you played. "As long it's not me" is a valid strategy, but you need to be sitting against the right people for it to work, and between Zor's careful control of the game and Bella's small moves, you don't measure up. Because your game did work well for you, you did make it to the end, but like, at least in my experience, I threw out the idea of you being a "secret buddy" at tribe 2 when you left me out a vote you didn't need to, and made that my first impression of you, so the charm that you naturally have was never met with "trust until it was too late", because you never really gained it for me. You did do a good job for your first showing, like be proud you made it this far, and in a vacuum your game is pretty good, but it barely moves the needle when I compare my reasons to vote for you to those to vote for Zor or Bella.

Zor, I came into this FTC expecting to be underwhelmed by you, if you read jury chat, you'll see that. But honestly, I'm very pleasantly surprised by your performance. You had a pretty strong opening, you took all the questions thrown at you in stride and I don't think you flubbed a single one of them. You explained all your moves quite succinctly and I think I understand each and every one of them pretty well. And I think you are right, you played the best version of the game that you could play, at least, you as you are right now, (I have no doubt that you could perfect an aspect or two in time) and playing with you was pretty fun. It was a strong game, and you should be proud of it, I have no doubt that you'll be seeing at least a few votes coming your way (maybe even enough to win). Yet, there's still just a nagging feeling that it doesn't "right" for me to give my vote to you, and that's weird. After all, you said and resaid that I was a very important ally to you and that me going set you back a lot, and by all means between that and our end game plans shouldn't your victory be mine? And you put a shit ton of effort into this game, I think it's no lie that you tried the hardest to play the best game you could, so shouldn't I at least reward that effort even if there are a few kinks that I don't like? And yet still, the nagging is there. And I think I know what it is, I just don't think I value the type of game you play as much as other people do. Cause you managed the shit out of this game, you had so many allies and made yourself soooo fucking safe and while there were moves that were hard at time to do, you did it. But you "managed" the game, and I think there's always been a twinge of that, not a lot, but just a twinge of it in our conversations, that you were managing me. I was given the information that I needed to know as it helped our alliance, but not more, not stuff that would be just good for me to know. Like back on tribe 2, it wasn't you that made me want to work with you and DV, it was DV, cause he often told me things you wouldn't, and one of the most important pieces of info that might have been able to help me in the round I went home (that Radja really wanted me gone) was kept from me because it would have changed the plan you wanted. The play I admire is someone who is willing to share that information, even if it may be to their detriment and if I truly was your endgame plan at the time then, it wasn't that kind of play. And tbh despite this, with a slightly different FTC matchup, or an F2, I'd probably be voting you, cause you played a hell of a game, and it's only right for me to acknowledge it.

But I have to cast my vote for
Bella
for a few reasons. The first is that to me, she was exactly the type of ally to share important information, hell most of the reasons I was informed as I was about other tribes and dynamics was because Bella had told me stuff without prompting, (she even commented that she entered "share everything with vash mode" from time to time) and it was a blast to talk about how "I" went to the park each day. She was the type of player who I felt I could trust with just about everything, and I did for a lot of the early and mid game. And I think she's right, you have to work smarter, not harder (hell I think I used that word before in one of my FTC answers) and she often worked her into positions where despite a large target on her back that inhibited her play, she kept being trusted and kept surviving. While times weren't always great for her and she didn't have all the information, by mostly just being kind and honest, she was able to have a good position and wasn't the primary target. And whether other people agree or not, I think it says a lot that she likely wouldn't be here at all if she didn't come in with a clutch win at the end. And in the end, she still couldn't vote for me, and as she stated, she doesn't think she was in her end game plans, it wasn't tactical and could have hurt her in future rounds, but she did it. She played the type of game I wish I could play, and while she didn't vote for me, I sure can vote for her.

Bellaphant

That's four votes Zoraster, one vote Bellaphant
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:09 pm

Post by Jamelia »

pls delete your attitude :(
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:10 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

the real winner was the friends we made along the way

or something like that idk
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:10 pm

Post by zoraster »

I really appreciate you giving me the chance to make my case even if you didn't vote for me in the end, Vash.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

zor you can stop the jury management the game is over
To be clear: quack
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Spoiler: McMenno
okay let me start off with a little preamble of why I will not be voting for ampaul (scootsbaboo)

first a little selfish personal part. I was always a little wary of ampaul, the friendly newbie who was nice to everyone and all that. then merge rolls around, he was like "wow we were both blindsided let's work together". at that point... I was pretty strapped for allies, so I said yes. then he screwed me over twice in a row by voting dk and then myself. so that's when he lost my vote basically forever and I hoped he would get humiliated at ftc.

here's the non-personal part. he took a very risky route going into ftc. for that kind of game... you have to be very careful about how you frame it, and very careful about who you take to ftc. i think it can only work on like, 2 occasions. 1: the jury is extremely spiteful towards the other finalists and you are the inoffensive choice. 2: you are next to someone who played a similar game, and is perceived as more goatish than you. I think the biggest mistake from him was not going after zoraster at F4. he said if the game didn't go towards the F3 he wanted he would've pushed some. but he never elaborated on who he didn't want at the end. I also think he underestimated how much of a mastermind he was about keeping people in the dark about his allegiances and came across as arrogant in the FTC. I think he was seen as a goat, zoraster's goat, and unfortunately for him... in lsgs, perception is reality.

ironically going to be spending much less time on the other two candidated... but im going to say that this was probably the most difficult jury vote i have had to made thus far. initially i never conceived of voting zoraster, determined to vote bella going in (and she was right, I probably would have voted dv if he had stayed in). but I was actually thinking about a zoraster vote.

Vote Bellaphant

in the end, while I think he
did
crush ftc... I don't think I can bring myself to vote for him. good luck to the other finalists, and may the best survivor player survive.

Bellaphant

That's four votes Zoraster, two votes Bellaphant.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Spoiler: DeasVail
VOTE: Zoraster

Zoraster

By a vote of 5-2 (We did not receive Radja's vote in time), Zoraster is the winner of Survivor: The Real Theme Was Inside Us All Along!

There are still items to get to, however. Spectators have been voting all game for their favourite players, in a series of six ballots. Over the course of each ballot, spectators could cast votes for dead or living players equal to half the remaining players in the game. It's time to find out who won.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by zoraster »

Thank you everyone! I love you all.
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

oh god I never voted in the spec awards lol
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:14 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Spoiler: Top Six
Out of the ballots cast, SIX people appeared on more than half the ballots cast. In alphabetical order, here they are.

DeasVail
Entreri
Het
Jamelia
ScootsBaboo
Zoraster

One of these people was the Sia Fan Favourite Award winner.

Who do you think won?
Aurathebirb
Aurathebirb
Townie
Aurathebirb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:14 pm

Post by Aurathebirb »

Looks like the Zoraster has become the Zor master
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by PrivateI »

First, let me note that half of the people there have played ZERO games with us. Het, Jamelia, Scoots, know you are so loved here. Two people have just not played that many games with us. Entreri, Zoraster, very well done. And, of course, everyone is always benefited by getting to watch DeasVail play a game. However, let's get down to it. One person was on EVERY SINGLE BALLOT save one, from the beginning of the game onward.

Spoiler:
One person was hilarious in confessionals, controlled their fate in the game from beginning to end, and made one of the most compelling Final Tribal Council performances I've ever seen.

The winner of the Sia Fan Favourite Award.

Zoraster
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Clearly the bigger achievement of the two
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:18 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Finally, let me thank everyone. Holy crap, all of you were amazing. From beginning to end, this game was simply delightful to run, and that's for a few reasons. First, the players made it so easy on me! Secondly, I had some incredible comoderators in Cheery Dog and D3f that literally did so much more than y'all will ever know. Third, Xofelf was there, and she continues to be the best listmod this side of the Mississippi. Finally, the spectators were...freaking incredible. There's detailed edgic, a lot of good discussion about the game, and the party never stopped.

I have so much more to tell you, but we all know how longwinded I can be.

Love you all. Thanks for playing, thanks for watching, thanks for being great.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:19 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Congrats, Zor! You deserve it.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:19 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

(Reck lives on xof's side of the Mississippi)
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”