[Standard]Survivor: TRTWIUAA {Final Tribal Council}

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

[Standard]Survivor: TRTWIUAA {Final Tribal Council}

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:31 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Hello, one and all! WELCOME to

Survivor: The Real Theme Was Inside Us All Along.

You're probably wondering, does this game have a logo? The answer is "of course".

Wow, look at that beauty.

If you don't already know me, I'm PrivateI, or Monty, and my beautiful cohosts are Cheery Dog and D3f3nd3r. They're very lovely, definitely go check out their Soundclouds or whatever they're plugging. The listmod for this game is Xofelf, she is absolutely delightful, but if things go wrong, don't blame her--just tell her! She is here to be a conduit for any complaints you might have with our moderation of the game, or concerns with the game in general that you might not feel comfortable sharing with us. While I encourage you to approach the modteam with any concerns you might have, Xofelf is a very sweet person to talk to, so I totes understand you going to her.

Moderator Contact Information

Since this game is a bit unconventional, I'm going to throw our Discord information right here in the opening post. Feel free to contact us via pm on the site like you normally would, but you can also reach any of us at the Discord addresses below.

PrivateI
Discord: MontyWhittaker#6697

D3f3nd3r
Discord: Doublution#6481

Cheery Dog
Discord: Cheery Dog#5841

LISTMOD

Xofelf
Discord: xofelf#1697

Background Information

There are a few things you should know about this game going in.

{01} This is a
NONANONYMOUS
game. Once the game begins, the full cast will be listed here, and in general, open communication about whether you intend to sign up is allowed. That begins now, so if you want to get your best friend to join you in signing up for this game, feel free! With that in mind, however, "pregaming", or forming alliances before the game begins, is explicitly not allowed.

{02} This is a game with
TRIBES
. Once the game begins, players will be divided into tribes. You will
ONLY
be allowed to communicate about the game with people from your tribe.

{03} When you are allowed to communicate with people from your tribe, you may talk to them using
ANY PLATFORM
you both deem acceptable--this forum, Facebook, Discord, texts, cute postcards from around the world with fun stamps, memes transported in the mouths of baby goats, the options really are limitless! With that said, the only requirement to play in this game is a Mafiascum account.

{04} This game is
NOT
designed to be
OVERWHELMING
. While tribe counts and numbers can vary significantly, you will never be asked to keep track of conversations with more than ten people at one time, either during the tribe phase of the game or during the merge phase of the game. In addition,
CHALLENGES
have been designed to induce very little stress. In general, there will be no live or semi-live challenges, even during the tribal phase. Depending on the size of the game, it is possible that live or semi-live challenges could be incorporated toward the end of the game.

{05} This game has many
VARIABLES
and is not fully designed yet (kind of). While challenges are broadly in place, and the mod team has a general understanding of which twists will be included, the game has one huge factor which has not been set yet--the number of players! That is because we will accept, broadly,
EVERY PLAYER
who signs up.

{06} While our intent is to accept everyone who signs up, circumstances such as players not wanting to play together or other factors, including moderator discretion, may prevent everyone who applies from being able to play.

Rules

{01} This is a game. The main objective is to have fun; so no excessive flaming, spamming, or otherwise being a jerk.

{02} This is a game. The secondary objective is to win.

{03} We are not infallible, so if we make a moderating mistake, please point it out and we will correct it if needed.

{04} We have worked extensively to produce a game that is enjoyed by all involved. As such, we promise to offer each player respect but invite you to show us the same in return.

{05} Exercise common sense. If you are unsure as to whether an action conflicts with the rules, ask. Yes, this is a competition, but do not attempt to undermine challenges or game mechanics for your own gain. This violates the spirit of the game and will make me sad, and while my name is blue, I don't like to feel blue.

{06} Private communication with players outside of your tribe or eliminated players is strictly prohibited. Any player found in violation of this rule will be penalized however the mods see fit, up to and including their elimination from the game.

{07} The posting of messages between players (whether via text (paraphrasing is fine) or via image) in a public forum is explicitly disallowed. You are also prohibited from taking a screenshot of private messages and showing them to other players. Forwarding is not allowed. Basically, just don't share images of messages, and don't straight copy/paste whole message logs. Once again, if you have any questions about whether something conflicts with the rules, just hit one of the moderators up.

{08} You ARE allowed to create group chats among the players you're allowed to talk to. Go nuts. Have fun.

{09} The moderators may discipline any player that breaks the rules however we see fit, depending on the specific situation. We also reserve the right to implement new rules if needed.

{10} Failure to submit entirely in a challenge (when a player is supposed to participate) will earn a player a strike. Failure to submit a vote during a Tribal Council a player is attending will earn a player a strike (and a public self-vote, as detailed below). Getting two strikes in a row may result in a player being modkilled. Getting three strikes during the game may result in a player being modkilled. A player getting modkilled during Tribal Council will nullify the results of that Tribal Council, at the moderators' discretion.

{11} While it is important to remember that this is an extended commitment that you are signing up for, if worse comes to worst and you simply have to quit the game, contact a moderator posthaste so we can discuss the options available. In the event that no satisfactory solution can be identified, you can quit the game and be removed. The moderators will make the decision on how to handle this unexpected event.

Immunity Challenges:

{01} Every round will possess an Immunity Challenge. Winners of the Immunity Challenge will be safe from elimination that round and cannot be voted out at the Tribal Council. The number of Immunity Challenge winners can vary.

{01a} Immunity necklaces MAY be transferred to someone else during Tribal Council. To do so, necklace holders need simply to notify the mods or post publicly in this thread. In either case, players will ALWAYS have a minimum of 24 hours after a necklace is passed to continue to deliberate on their Tribal Council vote. The mods will err on the side of granting more time rather than less where possible. Each immunity necklace can only be passed to someone on the same tribe, and it cannot be refused by the recipient. Immunity necklaces may each only be passed once per round, and if a necklace is passed when more than one tribe is at Tribal Council, only the tribe where a necklace was passed will have the Tribal Council deadline potentially extended.

{02} The outcomes of all Challenges are final. That said, however, be sure to keep Rule 03 of General Rules in mind.

{03} We appreciate the fact that prospective contestants will enter this game with a range of skills. With this in mind, understand that we as mods can't cater to all players' needs, strengths, and time constraints in challenges.

Tribal Council:

{01} Tribal Council is where players are eliminated. Before the merge, generally, only the losing tribe or tribes will visit TC, and will vote one player off. After the merge, all remaining players will go to TC, including immunity challenge winners.

{02} Tribal Councils will last 48 hours from the scheduled end of the challenge. If a player fails to submit a vote within the given time frame, they will receive a selfvote. This vote will be publicly revealed, and the player who failed to submit will receive a strike. In the event that a player knows he or she will be unable to vote by deadline, that player may notify the moderators and cast a conditional vote to avoid penalization. All votes will be submitted in a Private Topic hosted here on Mafiascum.

{03} The results of Tribal Councils may be posted before deadline if and only if all persons involved have submitted a vote. With that in mind, every Tribal Council will last, at a minimum, 24 hours.

{04} The modification of votes after they have been submitted is allowed. Players are able to change their votes as many times as they want until the Tribal Council is posted. However, keep in mind that the Tribal Council may be posted early if all players have voted. Players have the option of submitting conditional votes DURING Tribal Council. These votes must be clearly designated, but are votes that would only take effect once deadline is reached. For example, if, at the beginning of a Tribal Council, I cast a conditional vote for Xofelf, my vote would only be counted as a vote once Tribal Council ends, freeing me up to change my vote if necessary.

{05} The outcomes of Tribal Councils are final.

{06} Questions concerning ties in the Tribal Council may be found below:

Breaking Ties:

I. In the event of an initial tie, a revote shall take place. Contestants may only vote for one of the tied players, and all tied individuals may not vote. Reward items may not be used in this revote, but any reward items that have already been played will remain in play.

II. If a majority (or unique plurality) is not met in the revote, all tied players and immune players become instantly immune and the remaining players will draw rocks for elimination. In a Final 4 Tribal Council, rocks will not be drawn, and the tied players will participate in a tiebreaker challenge.

Twists:

{01} Twists will be implemented without warning or provocation throughout the game. IMPORTANT: The time and setting of each twist has NOT already been fully determined, due to the variable nature of the game. Once the game IS fully designed, however, twists will not be designed so as to give an unfair advantage or disadvantage to any player or group of players.

Application:

ALL RIGHT! You made it to the bottom of this massive post, you're ready to apply!

You can find the application , just make sure that you are familiar with the rules, since you'll be asked to affirm that you read them when you get to the bottom of the application. (/inning in this thread will NOT get you into the game, you MUST fill out the application!)

Dates:

Sign-ups will run starting RIGHT NOW until next Wednesday, at 8pm EST. After this, the moderators will take three days to finish creating the game, before tribes are announced, the cast is released, and the game begins at 8pm EST. Forty-eight hours will be given for the first immunity challenge, to give you time to get to know your tribe and get into the swing of things.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
Last edited by Cheery Dog on Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:04 pm, edited 7 times in total.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:31 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Current Tribes/Cast

The Real Merge Tribe Was Inside Us All Along

Spoiler:
Bellaphant
ScootsBaboo
DeasVail
Zoraster

Dead--
het--5th Place
Radja--6th Place
Entreri--7th Place
VashtaNeurotic--8th Place
Haschel Cedricson--9th Place
McMenno--10th Place
Jamelia--11th Place
Brom--12th Place
Panzerjager--12th Place
Panthaleon--14th Place
Hiplop--15th Place
BROseidon--16th Place
Lady LambdaDelta--17th Place
0verki11--18th Place
Utahstate4lyfe--19th Place
Iprobablysuck--20th Place
Klick--21st Place
Anskyfan20--21st Place
Elsa Jay--23rd Place
Chemist1422--23rd Place
CreativeMod1--25th Place
Acfan--25th Place
Racefan12--25th Place
Piggygal15--28th Place
Formerfish--28th Place
Dweller--28th Place
Kaiserjosh--31st Place
NotAJumbleOfNumbers--31st Place
Last edited by Cheery Dog on Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:35 pm

Post by xofelf »

This has been categorized as a Standard Game. While the amount of players will affect game design, it will never be more complex than a standard game.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:58 pm

Post by PrivateI »

To answer some questions I've gotten a few different times, yes, this game will accept as many players as apply, no matter how large that game gets. Additionally, the whole game (Tribal Councils and challenges, mainly) will take place right here in this thread.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:32 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

This is just an ego for now fyi
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:32 am

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Sounds interesting

Just to clarify, in terms of not talking and stuff, I take it this is purely game related conversations
Like for example having conversations with my other Mods that I'm planning games with is fine? Or talking about general life stuff is okay?
♪ ♫
I am the one thing in life I can control. I am inimitable, I am an original
♫ ♪
Come play: Codenames! | Taskmaster!
GTKAS!
It's easier to message me on Discord: CreativeMod1#3798
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:42 am

Post by PrivateI »

Talking to any other person, for any purpose, using any communication method, is quite strictly prohibited.

Yeah, just don't like make alliances with folks.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:35 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

:lol:
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:21 am

Post by PrivateI »

Gotta sign up before Wednesday...that means four days remain!! Join XX of your closest friends (or new friends) to play a very fun game wow.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:38 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

My calendar has ticked over to Wednesday, this means there is now less than 36 hours to apply!
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:05 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

This is your last chance - just eight hours left to sign up!
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:22 pm

Post by NotAJumbleOfNumbers »

this be happenin soon
unofficial reminder to sign up
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:27 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

/ego
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:38 pm

Post by PrivateI »

I have an announcement.

First of all, unless you've been explicitly told otherwise, you are PLAYING if you applied. Wow!

Secondly, this is going to be one of the biggest games of an LSG in recent memory, and I think you will LOVE this cast.

How big is this cast, you may wonder? This game will start...with THIRTY-TWO players.

The full cast will be announced on Saturday, and you'll be divided into your opening tribes! Until then, no pregaming, but be kind.
Iprobablysuck
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:42 pm

Post by Iprobablysuck »

Hooraaaaaay
Show
Do I REALLY suck? That's up to you to decide.

Retiring from LSG's and Mish Mash, for the most part. If you want to contact me, I suggest going outside and enjoying what the world has to offer, instead.

Definitely DID suck, in the end...Probably.
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:02 pm

Post by racefan12 »

The real pregaming was inside us all along
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

You have questions about me? I try to give you answers!
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:44 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

32 is indeed a number
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:03 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

The real number of players was inside us all along
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:13 pm

Post by Awoo »

Have battle royale games gone too far?
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:21 pm

Post by Drench »

officially ego'ing this, perhaps such that i might make provision for witty commentary in due course
join your union
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:46 pm

Post by pablito »

Cool
Sup, later.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:22 am

Post by NotAJumbleOfNumbers »

can we get a countdown going
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:57 am

Post by Radja »

"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:11 am

Post by PrivateI »

The game will start in (expired on 2019-11-16 19:00:00).

In preparation for the game, you've each been given a Confessional/Voting Thread in the Private Topics forum. I'd encourage you to bookmark both this thread and your confessional to ensure you have ready access to them throughout the game. If you have any issues accessing your private thread, please let me know.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”