[Mini-Vivor] ROCKSvivor (Rocks fall, somebody wins)

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:03 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

Malkon, you already touched upon how our relationship fell apart at the start and how neither of us ever recovered it. If I made the end I would not have expected to receive your jury vote, do you expect to win mine? If not, how do you think you can earn it?

Kdowns, you were a part of team tryhard, which actively forced this game to go to not go to rocks several times in a game where the entire point was going to rocks. Should I reward play that is antithetical to the spirit of this game? Secondarily, you hinted that you knew I wasn't getting mist's vote the round I went, but refused to explain why. Why would you bother to hint at team tryhard rather than just tell me, or tell me nothing about it at all when I was due to go that round?
George Bailey
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:05 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

I'd love to do juryrocks, but I made a promise at F3 that has now locked in my jury vote. o7
In post 150, VashtaNeurotic wrote:Kdowns, you were a part of team tryhard, which actively forced this game to go to not go to rocks several times in a game where the entire point was going to rocks. Should I reward play that is antithetical to the spirit of this game?
FTR, kdowns, this is why I told you you had to take me if you wanted a shot. Jurors will protest vote against people who play to win in nonanons :P
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:16 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 151, CaptainMeme wrote:Jurors will protest vote against people who play to win in nonanons
Okay no, that's bullshit. When the game is meant to be silly and RNG for a lot of it, that IS part of the game. So playing *against* that and making the game into just another Survivor-esque thing is the protest voting, not that you were playing to win. Play to win the actual game at hand, not whatever fucking game you've decided is the game we're playing. That's the whole problem.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:25 am

Post by kdowns »

In post 150, VashtaNeurotic wrote:Kdowns, you were a part of team tryhard, which actively forced this game to go to not go to rocks several times in a game where the entire point was going to rocks. Should I reward play that is antithetical to the spirit of this game? Secondarily, you hinted that you knew I wasn't getting mist's vote the round I went, but refused to explain why. Why would you bother to hint at team tryhard rather than just tell me, or tell me nothing about it at all when I was due to go that round?
I mean I don't know why I had hinted at it, mainly I felt guilty? There were a bunch of times I felt pretty bad for playing the game that I was playing, because I was tryharding to hard in a game that didn't need to be try harded, I stupidly was playing to win and not have fun for some reason?
In post 152, xofelf wrote:
In post 151, CaptainMeme wrote:Jurors will protest vote against people who play to win in nonanons
Okay no, that's bullshit. When the game is meant to be silly and RNG for a lot of it, that IS part of the game. So playing *against* that and making the game into just another Survivor-esque thing is the protest voting, not that you were playing to win. Play to win the actual game at hand, not whatever fucking game you've decided is the game we're playing. That's the whole problem.
I actually agree with Xof's stance, which is why I decided to not take a fellow try hard to the end either, because maybe we were playing with the wrong mentality? Everyone else was playing to have fun while our group was playing to win? With a game like this fundamentally we were in the wrong.
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:26 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

In post 150, VashtaNeurotic wrote:Kdowns, you were a part of team tryhard, which actively forced this game to go to not go to rocks several times in a game where the entire point was going to rocks. Should I reward play that is antithetical to the spirit of this game?
FTR, kdowns, this is why I told you you had to take me if you wanted a shot. Jurors will protest vote against people who play to win in nonanons :P
Excuse me sir, who said that:
1. I wouldn't vote for you who actually ya know saved me in a round over kdowns, who didn't.
2. I'm not going to vote for kdowns here over Malkon.

Also like I'm pretty sure everyone is pretty down for jury rocks, me included.

Ftr, kdowns ninja'd me on this but I haven't read his post.
George Bailey
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:28 am

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 150, VashtaNeurotic wrote:Malkon, you already touched upon how our relationship fell apart at the start and how neither of us ever recovered it. If I made the end I would not have expected to receive your jury vote, do you expect to win mine? If not, how do you think you can earn it?
Obviously my RNG challenge presence alone should net me your vote :P

Okay fine, I'll be a little serious.

So the first thing is that if I was ever on jury, I would have RNGed my vote because this is rocksvivor. I never really saw this game as a super serious. This is Rocksvivor, not Survivor. So assuming you don't have a jury vote is always dangerous territory :P

Second, I was not part of the tryhard alliance, so if you are actively expecting me to "earn your vote" then that goes against the spirit of the lighthearted nature of this game imo. The only thing I can say is that despite not being part of the tryhards, I managed to make social bonds that saved me in a situation I should have never survived. Yes, it's true that Kdowns and Meme were always going to tryhard the tryhards and I happened to be the convenient number at 5 to do it, but I don't believe that was on accident. By establishing a close bond with kdowns with the f2 earlier, and then later on Meme who told me he needed me, I was essentially given the keys to make a deep run in this game and given I come into every non-anon with "threat status" tattooed on my freaking forehead I generally take whatever option I'm given and go with it as people tend to shut me out due to the way I play this game and my "reputation".

I took the exact path I needed to in order to survive and get to this point where I even have a shot at getting votes. Aside from my bad social game with you specifically, I don't think I closed any doors unnecessarily and did my best to try to figure out where things were falling. In addition, working with kdowns is something I've never specifically done before. Trying to work with Meme and Mist as a trio was something I've never done before. And even though it was all pulling me along because they had this meta PD alliance that I don't know how I would have reasonably figured out on my own with the information I had this game, I tried new things this game. I branched out. I stayed on top of my social game and it gave me opportunities I wouldn't have otherwise had.

If you are looking for a scrappy underdog who survived a crazy f5-f3 journey despite not being in the majority alliance based on establishing deep social connections that paid off at the endgame, I believe I am valid and worthy of being considered.

I also loved sending Meme to rocks with his own vote based on giving him Prisoner's Dilemma/Ambidex games levels of psychology at f4 :D

Really I just had a lot of fun this game, as evidenced by my jury speech I believe. This game was always meant to be a lighthearted silly haha game and I hope it was seen that way.

I do owe you an apology for being less than...receptive the one time we talked this game and that's on me so I understand if that's irreparable, but I still feel like an apology is needed nonetheless.

At the end of the day, if you still are undecided on who to vote for, I did try to hint that everyone should RNG their vote. This is rocksvivor after all :P RNGesus has yet to fail me this game, and I did always like a bit of a gamble. Feel free to do that <3

If you have actual questions to ask me about, let me know so I can specifically answer them, but I believe in the lighthearted fun game this was supposed to be.

ROCKSROCKSROCKS!
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:39 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

Thank you to both of you for answering my serious question to each of you. In the spirit of the game, here are some less serious questions about rocks:
1. What is your favorite Rock fact?
2. What is your favorite Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson movie and why?
3. If instead of being mythical, Rocs were real, would this improve, worsen or not change the state of the world?
George Bailey
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:47 am

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 156, VashtaNeurotic wrote:Thank you to both of you for answering my serious question to each of you. In the spirit of the game, here are some less serious questions about rocks:
1. What is your favorite Rock fact?
2. What is your favorite Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson movie and why?
3. If instead of being mythical, Rocs were real, would this improve, worsen or not change the state of the world?
1. No one knows who carved the Easter Island heads.
2. Moana because who doesn't want to be singing asshole demi-god?
3. I mean having a master race of giant birds never seems like a bad thing. Pretty sure President Big Bird would approve this message.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:00 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

In post 152, xofelf wrote:
This probably isn't meant to be about the jurors replying to jurors, so I'll keep it short!
But that's exactly what I was saying. The RNG absolutely was part of the game, but strategy was too, because the best way to progress in the game was strategising (it's no surprise that 4/5 players at F5 were Tryhards :P ). And you couldn't win without getting to the end in the first place.
But if you strategise too hard, you
have to
ensure that the people at the end with you also strategised that hard. Because otherwise jurors will protest vote against you for 'making the game into just another Survivor-esque thing'.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:30 am

Post by Pine »

What's the best Rocky movie?
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:36 am

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 159, Pine wrote:What's the best Rocky movie?
I’m really bad with numbers, but the one where he yells adrian really dramatically lol.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:41 am

Post by Malkon05 »

That being said an argument could be made for the rocky and bullwinkle movie I suppose.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:42 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Also the rocky horror picture show!!

Gosh just so many good rocky movies...
Silverclaw
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:16 am

Post by Silverclaw »

How many rocks can you hold in two hands?
Formerly animorpherv1.
rgqxi is your answer

Silverclaw
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:18 am

Post by Silverclaw »

On the note of tryharding:

I specifically believe in "spirit of the game". And given that the game was for-fun shits and giggles fest, playing as if it was a legit game is antithetical to the game itself and actually kind of rude to the people who just are doing this for fun or literally have never played one of these before.
Formerly animorpherv1.
rgqxi is your answer

Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:28 am

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 163, Silverclaw wrote:How many rocks can you hold in two hands?
I will find out on my break!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:06 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

On a more serious note this and one other similarly shaped rock were the only rocks i found on a perimeter walk around my work place. I find the lack of rocks disturbing and it will be my new platform of complaint at work as an aspiring Karen! I will not rest with the unjustice of a lack of rocks present at my work place damnit!!!
Silverclaw
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by Silverclaw »

That's a big rock.
Formerly animorpherv1.
rgqxi is your answer

xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:27 pm

Post by xofelf »

Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

George Bailey
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

And that's the end of the questioning phase. Finalists, feel free to keep working on answering questions.

Jurors, please use the same voting form you used this game to cast your vote for the winner of ROCKSvivor! The live reveal will be at 7pm tomorrow, in (expired on 2020-11-10 19:00:00). (Let me know if you want me to link you to the voting form again.)
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:20 pm

Post by xofelf »

....Would you? I took it out of my bookmarks bar and I'm lazy.
Iprobablysuck
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:49 pm

Post by Iprobablysuck »

The pioneers used to ride these babies for miles!
Show
Do I REALLY suck? That's up to you to decide.

Retiring from LSG's and Mish Mash, for the most part. If you want to contact me, I suggest going outside and enjoying what the world has to offer, instead.

Definitely DID suck, in the end...Probably.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by tris »

rocks?