LSG Character Poll 2021

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:14 am

Post by xofelf »

Look how mediocre I am! :D
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:38 am

Post by Shadoweh »

why did they do my gay metrosexual boyfriend so dirty
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Wait Bilious managed the top half of Pantleon?

My being hungover act is better than I thought.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Iprobablysuck
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:08 pm

Post by Iprobablysuck »

holy shit i missed this

ranger and his 1000 pets will NOT stand for this slander
Show
Do I REALLY suck? That's up to you to decide.

Retiring from LSG's and Mish Mash, for the most part. If you want to contact me, I suggest going outside and enjoying what the world has to offer, instead.

Definitely DID suck, in the end...Probably.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:28 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Can we have a list of who is actually excluded from these polls? I'm trying to work out who is left

Which I have then hit upon problems while doing so, as Francis Whitemore (ie 112th in this years poll) replaced out of the game, so I can only assume this means somebody is missing from the Wes Anderson poll.

Yet I cannot recall any of the other 4 replacements that happened within the last years games get eliminated yet.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:14 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Mod Edit: I had the list mostly compiled to show who is left according to my records and then Cheery posted. Rather than redo my entire post and have this confusing mess, I'll just post who remains from what I'm seeing:

Spoiler: Barely Survivor
Avocado

Bard

...Bees?

Bonobo

C-3PO & R2-D2

Dave Thomas, Founder of Wendy's

Grogu

Maggie Smith

Snow Leopard

The Tortoise & The Hare

Spoiler: Survivor of the Fittest
Cat
Dog
Eagle
Frog
Kestrel
Lion
Moth

Spoiler: Pantheon
Athena

Bilious

Cerberus

Hades

Jesus

Ma'at & Hathor

Papatuanuku

Persephone

Phobos & Deimos

Spoiler: Wes Anderson
Foxy Fox
Madame D.
Margot Tenenbaum
Oracle
Richie Tenenbaum
Sam Shakusky

Spoiler: Three Houses
Dimitri
Dorothea
Edelgard
Lorenz
Petra
Raphael
Shamir
Last edited by Malkon05 on Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:46 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

The above edit came from me to clean this up so it wasn't as confusing. It also is not reflective of final placement, just by order of game hosted and within each game alphabetized.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:56 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

So to answer my question, and potentially anybody else asking the same thing, that's Eloritu and Max Fischer who are not on the poll.

and I think the other important detail I learned from writing it up: prejury players left include 1 Barely Survivor, 2 Fittest, 1 Panthelon, 2 Wes Anderson and none from three houses.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:50 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Chapter 7: Obligatory Boat Chapter

CaptainMeme: Welcome back everyone, and welcome to the worst Let’s Play of all time. In today’s chapter, apparently fights can happen anywhere in fire emblem including on top of boats. I guess that’s a little Pirates of the Caribbean, but I’m trying to imagine taking horses across wooden planks and fighting on top of them and I’m having a hard time seeing it.

Malkon: Yeah but it creates for interesting strategy, especially if the boat changes position at any time on the map.

CaptainMeme: That just sounds annoying, what happens if it does move and the bridges go away?

Malkon: …well the units, unless they can fly or cross water, get stuck in the place until either they are rescued or another bridge appears near them.

CaptainMeme: So you are telling me that a unit on a horse would sit in water drowning and yet somehow not actually drown and be able to hit things from their spot until they are rescued?

Malkon: That is how the mechanics of this game work.

CaptainMeme: That’s incredibly stupid. Next you’ll tell me that you can recruit a pirate.

Malkon: I mean…

CaptainMeme: Wait seriously? *talks to the pirate that has a name and not just “pirate” as the sprite* Uhhh wow why can you do this? Why would any self respecting pirate leave their pirate ship and join a random crew of shipgoers?

Malkon: Probably because they are looking for a bigger booty?

CaptainMeme: Okay I’m trying to be serious but I have to be honest that is making me chuckle.

Malkon: Anyways, so yeah the units that have the best mobility on these chapters are the winged characters because they can fly above the water. Pirates usually do okay also because they can traverse the waters.

CaptainMeme: I see. That is kind of interesting. But I’m also noticing that there’s a bit of a bottleneck situation happening on these boards for the rest of my units. Which I guess makes sense since I wouldn’t expect someone to be able to crawl over each other to attack the enemy. But it is making my life incredibly difficult because I normally like to spread my units around.

Malkon: That’s part of the appeal of these kinds of chapters is that it introduces a new strategy that you have to maneuver around. It also-

CaptainMeme: There. I’m on the other ship. It wasn’t too bad when I just made my strong units plow through them.

Malkon: Huh, who knew that you would actually do well at this. You’ve had a lot of evidence to the contrary.

CaptainMeme: *grumbles* I’ll show you contrary.

*continues to go through the chapter*

Malkon: Okay so now you are getting close to the end of the chapter. You are going to want to be careful because the bosses on these particular chapters usually end up being more powerful than you’d expect.

CaptainMeme: I don’t need help from a weeb like you!

*three units die barely doing damage*

CaptainMeme: What the heckin heck?

Malkon: I toooooooooooooold you.

CaptainMeme: This is bullshit! These are some of my strongest units. What did I have to do nothing but focus on two units the whole game so that they are swole af?

Malkon: I mean you don’t HAVE to do anything *rolls eyes* Anyways you’ll find that that your magic users might be more effective. While the bosses are tough they usually succumb to low magic resistance.

CaptainMeme: Harry Potter to the rescue! *Sends all magical units in until the boss dies* That was a little harder than the last few chapters.

Malkon: *flips ahead* just wait for the next one.

CaptainMeme: What does that mean?

Malkon: You’ll see *smirks* in the meantime enjoy this wonderful in-between chapters music.

Spoiler: #39-#31

Sometimes when I'm thinking of a track to submit, I think to myself "okay I could submit X, but I know a lot of people won't care for it, there's no point in wasting their time and mine". Glad to see [CaptainMeme] isn't burdened by such thoughts.

-Het
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:11 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Chapter 8: Always Choose Dessert Over Desert

CaptainMeme: *shows up with a plate of pie*

Malkon: Oh okay I’ll bite, what’s going on?

CaptainMeme: I was told there was a dessert chapter coming up so I’m trying to get in character for it. Plus who doesn’t love pie, it’s delightful!

Malkon: So I think there’s been a bit of a mix up. The chapter that is coming up is actually a desert chapter, not a dessert chapter.

CaptainMeme: Well whatever I’m still eating this *takes a bite*

Malkon: Sure, I don’t care, I just don’t want to get anyone upset when it turns out there’s no actual chapter about desserts.

CaptainMeme: I’ll give you your just desserts for this horrible misunderstanding.

Malkon: Just make sure they are pie.

Captainmeme: Anyways, so now that we are clear on what kind of chapter we are doing today. Let’s get started. *boots up game* okay so we have to go to this desert place to find “The Fire Emblem” *gags* to defeat the demon king. Like if it was this easy to find this thing, why wouldn’t the demon king have already gone in and smashed it?

Malkon: Maybe there’s some anti-demon force field or something? All I know is that you’ll probably get some sub-standard explanation for everything at some point.

CaptainMeme: Okay so we are here at this desert that takes up the majority of the map. There appears to be…bandits. How original. *groans* it’s always the fucking bandits with these chapters. Apparently they are trying to kill me for reasons. Why are there even bandits on this desert island?

Malkon: You know, that’s a great question. I guess they’re just protective of their territory?

CaptainMeme: I mean I probably would not want to live in a desert, but these bandits I guess have other prerogatives.

Malkon: No one rules this territory, so it’s likely they enjoy the freedom that comes from being here.

CaptainMeme: I guess that makes some sense *grumpily eats pie* but whatever okay so now I’m getting tutorials about how to move in sand? For the love of god, this game loves to hold your hand while you go through it, doesn’t it?

Malkon: Well when your strategy is to try to capture demonic pokemon, I’m pretty sure you are the target audience for this specific tutorial hell.

CaptainMeme: …shut up. *eats more pie*

Malkon: So yes, you move very slow and sometimes there are hidden items. That’s the big new thing. But only horse and armored units are slow, pretty much everything else is mostly able to travel fine. Thieves and mages are the best units to move along.

CaptainMeme: I get it, heavy units sink. That makes logical sense for the first time since this anime nightmare began. I still would rather have the dessert instead of the desert. It’s tastier.

Malkon: Can’t argue with your logic there.

CaptainMeme: Damn right. *gets through and the thief picks up an item* Ummm what is this?

Malkon: Oh that? *looks and sees Member Card* That’s a nifty little item that allows you to access secret shops! They have items you wouldn’t normally get in any of the standard shops.

Captainmeme: So it’s sort of the Black Market of Fire Emblem?

Malkon: That’s not a horrible way to look at it? It could be more seen as like “because you are premium member you get special perks”.

CaptainMeme: And why can’t you get this from just shopping at the store? Is that mean Anna holding out on me?!

Malkon: No I- *sees CaptainMeme’s face* Yes. That meanie Anna is holding out on you. But now you have the keys to her secret stash.

CaptainMeme: I knew it!

Malkon: A regular detective *suppresses a snort*

CaptainMeme: I’m going to show her the next time I see her!

Malkon: You do that.

*CaptainMeme goes through the rest of the chapter and after being angry at sand for a bit, he finally manages to mop up the rest of the map*

Malkon: Good job you did it.

CaptainMeme: I’m going to to finish my dessert now. Fuck deserts. Enjoy some music while I go eat.

Spoiler: #30-#21

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:48 am

Post by Noraa »

ego
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by Skelda »

Avocado was a top five character of the year for me. Easy 10/10. He deserves better.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:47 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

All the hydrae have gone?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:49 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 61, Skelda wrote:Avocado was a top five character of the year for me. Easy 10/10. He deserves better.
BONBON WAS ROBBED
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:50 pm

Post by Noraa »

Absolutely ROBBED
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:22 pm

Post by Awoo »

In post 61, Skelda wrote:Avocado was a top five character of the year for me. Easy 10/10. He deserves better.
Agreed, I don't know what happened there.
Silverclaw
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:22 pm

Post by Silverclaw »

I'm pretty sure there we five better characters in that game.
Formerly animorpherv1.
rgqxi is your answer

CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:36 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Chapter 9: Leveling Up Is Weird

Malkon: Welcome back everyone. It looks like we are getting closer to the end! Want to talk about it CaptainMeme?

CaptainMeme: *looks grumbly*

Malkon: *tries not to laugh* Okay well CaptainMeme just got to the big plot twist where he got the Fire Emblem (™) and then it got stolen and one of his characters permanently died. He’s not exactly the most happy about it.

CaptainMeme: Well what’s the bloody point of this entire game if we are just supposed to lose a unit that we’ve put so much work into?!

Malkon: Well you see…

*cutscene plays where powers transfer to the unit’s sibling*

CaptainMeme: This…is dumb. Like none of this would really happen this way. All of a sudden a person is just the exact same as their sibling? This is ridiculous.

Malkon: Yes, because so many things in video games make sense.

CaptainMeme: *sigh* Okay fine you have a point. But still this is silly. I liked that character. Plus now I have to go retrieve the Fire Emblem (™) again. I’m just kind of over this whole game. This chapter looks impossible too.

Malkon: Ah I see they are introducing ballistae in this chapter. Perhaps a certain someone could help you answer your questions about how they work. *winks*

CaptainMeme: nononono I already can’t afford the damage they did last ti-

*Loud crashing noise as GoddessSupreme48 comes into the room*

CaptainMeme: *sigh* Okay fine. Welcome back GoddessSupreme48.

Xofelf: IT IS I, GODDESSSUPREME48, THE SAVIOR OF-

Malkon: Yes yes let’s plays, we get it you are all knowing. Just teach n00bslayer about ballistae and call it a day.

Xofelf: …SO LET’S JUST GET THIS STRAIGHT. YOU WANT ME TO ANSWER HOW BALLISTAE WORKS? BEFORE I RESPOND YOU SHOULD KNOW I’M SORT OF LIKE A GEENIE YOU ONLY GET THREE TOTAL QUESTIONS AND YOU’VE ALREADY ASKED 2.

CaptainMeme: Yes just answer the question so I can get a final quote from my insurance.

Xofelf: FINE! SO BALLISTAE IS A TERM THAT HAS PRESENTED ITSELF IN SEVERAL WAYS OVER THE COURSE OF THIS SERIES. SOMETIMES IT’S A MOVABLE UNIT. SOMETIMES IT REPRESENTS A SPECIFIC PLACE ON A MAP. IN THIS CASE, IT IS AN EMPTY SPACE WITH A LONG RAGE BOW THAT AN ARCHER CAN OCCUPY. THIS WILL GIVE YOU LONGER RANGE AND ALLOW YOU TO TAKE OUT ENEMIES SAFELY FROM A DISTANCE.

CaptainMeme: Neat.

Xofelf: WELL I GUESS MY WORK HERE IS DONE GOOD LUCK WITH THE REST OF YOUR LET’S PLAY! I HOPE IT GOES WELL!!!! GODDESSSUPREME48 OUT!!!!!!!!

*flies through the ceiling*

Malkon: Well, that’s that. Let’s get on with the chapter now that you know that.

CaptainMeme: Yes let’s. I’ll just move here and then *unit dies* What the bloody hell?!

Malkon: Looks like you aren’t the only unit who can use a ballistae. *smirks*

CaptainMeme: I’m going to fuck some shit up.

*goes through a few more units before finally taking out the ballistae*

Malkon: Nice work, oh look! There’s a recruitable unit!

CaptainMeme: Oooh nice spot! *goes to recruit them and then squints* What the hell there’s only like 6 chapters left in this game and this unit is only like level 5?!

Malkon: *grins* This is what we call an “Est Archetype” which means a low level unit you recruit towards the end of the game. These units tend to be pretty great, but the amount of work to make them great isn’t often worth it.

CaptainMeme: Pretty sure I don’t need this unit *moves them to the back*

Malkon: We shall see if that is a good choice I guess.

*CaptainMeme moves the units to the castle portion of the map and as they enter the Lord classes up*

CaptainMeme: I was trying to figure out how the fuck to get him classed up, however once again why did this wait until we only had 6 chapters left in this game?!

Malkon: This is actually pretty common in the series and the lords usually don’t class up until late in the game.

CaptainMeme: This game is weird. Like I’ve been at level 20 with him for like 15 chapters. I think it’s weird how they have to wait until they can level up…or wait until 6 chapters before the end to appear in my party. Leveling up is weird in this game.

Malkon: I can see how that might be the thought. It looks like you are pretty much home free though so rather than bore the viewers with more gameplay, here’s some more music.

Spoiler: #20-#11

Sometimes when I'm thinking of a track to submit, I think to myself "okay I could submit X, but I know a lot of people won't care for it, there's no point in wasting their time and mine". Glad to see [CaptainMeme] isn't burdened by such thoughts.

-Het
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:28 am

Post by Aronis »

did yall literally just whitewash my jesus???????
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:45 am

Post by ambic »

Pixelated Dimitri! Have a mango my friend.
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:26 am

Post by Awoo »

Jesus can be depicted as any race, it's church teaching.
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:23 am

Post by Korina »

I am so relieved I don’t have to write a speech, but also so happy with that placement and st. dev
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:26 am

Post by xofelf »

Can't always have culturally accurate Jesus, Aronis. Sometimes you gotta remind people of all that Renaissance art.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:02 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 71, Korina wrote:I am so relieved I don’t have to write a speech, but also so happy with that placement and st. dev
mandatory round placement score speech
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (4/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:47 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Did somebody say we are washing Jesus?

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”