LSG Character Poll 2021

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split
Pronoun: He/Him

LSG Character Poll 2021

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:47 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

Welcome to the 2021 Character Poll!

Here, you will rank characters from this year's games on a scale of 1 to 10 in terms of
character arc
memorability
, and
overall entertainment factor
. You are encouraged to leave any characters blank if you are unfamiliar with them, or you played in the game but never interacted with them.

I repeat, since a lot of people missed this on the last one and thought you had to leave a rating for every character on the questionaire:

You can leave any question on any form blank and you will still be able to submit!

A 1 on the scale means an actively terrible character or one that lacks any presence at all, while a 10 represents a classic, unforgettable character. If you give out 1s and 10s to over half the available characters, your submission will be thrown out since it's pretty unreasonable that there's no middle ground of characters. Additionally,
a person's ranking for their own character will not be counted
(I'd love it if you'd leave your own characters blank, since it saves me a bit of effort, but it will still be manually removed if you do put a number in there).

This one will be periodically updated throughout the year as games conclude. New posts will be made whenever a game's poll is ready, and all of the currently available polls will be listed in this first post throughout the year.

Important change from last year - if you would prefer your character not to be included in the LSG Character Poll, you can message me about it and they will be removed from the questionnaire and the results.

Results will be released at the end of 2021. You can discuss your ratings but please don't kill any of the mystery :)
Last edited by CaptainMeme on Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sometimes when I'm thinking of a track to submit, I think to myself "okay I could submit X, but I know a lot of people won't care for it, there's no point in wasting their time and mine". Glad to see [CaptainMeme] isn't burdened by such thoughts.

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:48 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

And to open our poll this year:

Sometimes when I'm thinking of a track to submit, I think to myself "okay I could submit X, but I know a lot of people won't care for it, there's no point in wasting their time and mine". Glad to see [CaptainMeme] isn't burdened by such thoughts.

-Het
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:06 pm

Post by xofelf »

Somehow after the year that was 2020, starting 2021 with our first game being BS just feels appropriate.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Silverclaw
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:46 am

Post by Silverclaw »

There's thematic appropriateness, and then there's
life appropriateness.
The two are very different.
Formerly animorpherv1.
rgqxi is your answer

CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:50 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Survivor of the Fittest is now open for voting!

-Het
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:26 am

Post by Skelda »

Could we send messages with a link to this poll to everyone who played/spectated games when this is released? I keep on forgetting if I've already filmed the form out or not. I don't know if others have this issue or if I'm a crazy person.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:10 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

well given I tend not to have a master list of that information from each and every host, not sure how feasible that would be. Might be easy to drop if one of us is spectating/playing the game, but who goes back and re-reads old games 2+ weeks after the fact?
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:30 am

Post by Aronis »

You could turn on response receipts for the form? If the goal is for people to tell whether they have filled it out that'd probably solve the problem
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:23 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Survivor: Pantheon is now open for voting!

(this poll is missing one player who requested not to be included - it's not a mistake)

Re: response receipts, I could do so but I would need to enable collection of emails for that. This doesn't really feel like the kind of thing we need to verify emails for, so I'd prefer to leave it open to people who don't have/want a Google account to use.

-Het
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:38 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Survivor: Wes Anderson is now open for voting!

Just a reminder if you haven't voted in a prior poll yet, you might want to consider doing so! The more votes we get the more accurate the results are at the end <3
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:20 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

Survivor: Three Houses is now open for voting!

This poll will only be open for a week, as we're looking to wrap this up and get going on results, so please cast your votes ASAP. All previous polls will also be closing soon so if you haven't voted in them yet and want to, now would be the time to do so!

-Het
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Hey All! Just a reminder that Character of the Year Polls close by the end of tomorrow. If you haven't voted yet, do so or forever hold your peace...until next year :D

If you aren't sure if you've voted yet or not, feel free to reach out to myself or CaptainMeme and we would be happy to tell you :) It's been a fabulous year for characters, so please be sure to let your voice be heard with your vote :)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:23 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Less than 7 hours remain to get your votes in! Speak now or forever hold the character's current positions!!!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:00 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Polls are now closed! Thanks everyone for voting :) We will announce in the near future when results will be revealed. We have some...finishing touches to put on everything and we hope you enjoy the final result!!!!!!
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:20 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Coming very soon to a thread near you...

Flavour by Malkon05, Infographics by CaptainMeme, much-needed direction and encouragement by Xofelf

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:28 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Chapter 1: What The Fuck Even Is A Bandit?

*Music begins to play as the intro screen comes up*

CaptainMeme: Hello I'm xX_n00bs1ay3r_Xx and today the minecraft servers are down so I'm playing some weird weeb game instead!

Malkon: Ayyyyy it’s your boy, The_Marvelous_Mr_Malkon here to watch this trainwreck of a playthrough. Fun story, I actually forced n00bster over here to do this because he was complaining to me that he had absolutely nothing to this time of year.

CaptainMeme: Yeah it’s not like I’ve been recently running games or playing them or anything.

Malkon: Nope, you’re a lazy no good couch potato do nothing sonofa-

CaptainMeme: Yes I think we get the picture you arse. Reminder this is a family show.

Malkon: In what universe has this ever been a family show?! *snorts*

CaptainMeme: …er yes, good point. Anyways let’s get started shall we?

*cutscene boots up*

CaptainMeme: What fresh anime hell is this?!

Malkon: You always did say you wanted to be a little more cultured.

CaptainMeme: Dear god. This is not what I meant!

Malkon: Well, too bad because that’s what you get!

CaptainMeme: Why do you hate me?

Malkon: Because you stole 50 cents.

CaptainMeme: Anyways. Okay so there’s this land with some stupid D&D name that sounds like some amateur fantasy novelist wrote to sound “elvish”.

Malkon: *snorts* It’s almost like you have a problem with elves. That’s racist.

CaptainMeme: I’ll have you know I support elves4britian.com every year with a box of crumpets.

Malkon: How charitable of you.

CaptainMeme: I know I’m practically a saint.

*both laugh a bit*

CaptainMeme: Okay so what there’s some war that is happening and big bad country is evil because they all have that look on their face like they’re about to break into that one kid’s house in the christmas movie to steal…err stuff. You know I’ve never actually known what their goal is in that movie.

Malkon: It’s clearly because they enjoy slipping on marbles and getting hit in the face with cans of paint.

CaptainMeme: *chuckles* ah yeah what a classic film. *sighs* Where were we? Oh right now we are some like Prince dude, but they just call him “Lord”. I don’t know any Lords in Europe that dress like this. Is this some like weeb trope?

Malkon: It’s actually fashioned after medieval times. It’s why you won’t find any guns or cars or-

CaptainMeme: Wait, no guns or cars?! What’s the actual point of this?!

Malkon: But there’s magic and horses and-

CaptainMeme: Oh yes, so much better. Please give me some more of those days when people didn’t even have televisions or basic healthcare.

Malkon: Well where I’m from in the fucking USA that’s actually quite problematic.

CaptainMeme: What you don’t have televisions?

Malkon: …nevermind just play the damn game.

CaptainMeme: Okay so this prince just has a bunch of scallywag friends who all look like they are probably dealing drugs to suburban moms. And they all seem to have a different set of skills. For example, this one can…heal…

Malkon: In this game that’s actually a lot more useful than you might imagine. You see because-

CaptainMeme: What the hell? How did she not have basic evasion skills?! How slow is this enemy unit swinging the axe that this girl just stands in front of it and goes “I wonder if I should avoid this.”

Malkon: Yeah, you probably shouldn’t let her-

CaptainMeme: And she’s dead.

Malkon: Ooh boy this is going well for you so far. Well it’s not the end of the world because you have a few vulneraries which heal your units so long as you keep an eye on their-

CaptainMeme: And they’re dead.

Malkon: Wow you may have actually set a record for the quickest you’ve lost a game before.

CaptainMeme: I don’t even really understand, how is this highly paid prince and his entourage not sporting some of the best armor money can buy especially if a war has just started between two kingdoms?! You’d think a castle would employ actual knights and like invest in better defenses where bandits don’t just come in whenever they bloody want to! Plus what’s up with the word bandit anyways? It sounds horrible because it's similar to band aid which is supposed to help you, but these very much don’t do that. What even does that word mean?!

Malkon: Well it’s a term used for like a robber or thief where-

CaptainMeme: Then why don’t they just call them robbers or thieves?!

Malkon: Well I can’t speak on robber but there’s actually a class that’s called thief and they are sometimes recruitable to add to your party so you-

CaptainMeme: Wait, a prince has to employ the help of lowly thieves to beat bandits? Isn’t that like that one spiderman meme where spiderman is pointing at spiderman?

Malkon: I guess I really hadn’t thought about it like that.

CaptainMeme: Well whatever I’m just going to call them mean blokes and that works better for me somehow.

Malkon: Gee I wonder why *snorts*

*CaptainMeme starts the game over but picks Casual mode this time*

Malkon: *mutters under breath* filthy casual.

CaptainMeme: What?

Malkon: Nothing, let’s just do this again.

*CaptainMeme seems to be much better this time around and manages to get through most of the map*

Malkon: Wow who knew you were actually good at games on the easiest mode possible?

CaptainMeme: I swear to god I’m going to wage war on your country if you don’t shut up.

Malkon: Tried and failed my dude.

CaptainMeme: All I’d have to do is elect Trump again.

Malkon: …you know what, nevermind keep going. You’re doing great!

CaptainMeme: That’s what I thought. Anyways so now this prince lord guy thing has ended up cornering this lead bandit…like what is he, evil Robin Hood?

*Sees a face picture*

Malkon: It’s…actually kind of uncanny how accurate that is.

CaptainMeme: Like wouldn’t a bandit be like gross and haggard since they live off the land or whatever? This guy looks like he was drawn for some romance novel.

Malkon: Do you mean an otome?

CaptainMeme: A what?

Malkon: *Is about to clarify, but realizes he just got Meme to say “A what” in a British accent like in Harry Potter and just snorts* don’t worry about it.

CaptainMeme: *loses a unit and beats the guy, but the guy comes back since we are now on casual mode* The guy got his entire body chopped up by an axe and is somehow just, alive again? Why does this work?

Malkon: You’re the one who can’t even keep a unit alive on casual mode.

CaptainMeme: You know what, that’s it this Let’s Play is over! I’m going to g-

*lots of pings come up on the web browser*

Malkon: *raises eyebrow* holy shit this is a hit. Uhhhh I guess we have to keep it going.

CaptainMeme: *sighs and picks up the controller* fine. Onto Chapter 2…

Malkon: But first let’s go through all the anime recruits we got in the first chapter! *plays some catchy shop music before cutting to the units*

Spoiler: #112-#97

-Het
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:32 am

Post by Korina »

egoing
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:31 am

Post by Gypyx »

egoing²
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (4/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:55 am

Post by xofelf »

Thank you for choosing Gummy Bear's art to stare directly into my soul like that, I appreciate it :)
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:30 pm

Post by Cephrir »

ego
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:14 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Congratulations to all of Fittest surviving.
I'm actually surprised by that with some of the other names that have dropped.

(Mostly Kitsune, but if I remember correctly, I never voted in Patheleon because I knew I'd be bitter)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:15 am

Post by Cephrir »

I think what were all waiting for is to find out how long King Dog will last
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:31 am

Post by Gypyx »

if the top3 isn't dog / flayn / eagle we riot brw
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (4/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:26 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Chapter 2: Trying to get a Waifu

CaptainMeme: Welcome back to the worst Let’s Play in the entire world. No seriously, it’s pretty bad.

Malkon: Yeah he actually lost all of his units and had to start the game over. *snorts*

CaptainMeme: I swear I will cross this ocean to kick you.

Malkon: Bring it on.

CaptainMeme: You do know I actually know where you live right? You hosted SurvivorMeet 3.

Malkon: *pause* I-I’ve moved.

CaptainMeme: Doubtful.

Malkon: Shut up! I swear I’m house hunting right now so I will move soon to somewhere.

CaptainMeme: Uh huh, sure. Anyways back to this disaster of a Let’s Play. Today we are learning about something called the weapons triangle. It seems kind of silly and with very minor actual repercussions in-

*A unit dies*

CaptainMeme: What the bloody hell? There’s no way something is THAT weak against a lance. It’s a lance for pete’s sake. What did you just not move 2 inches to the left and get skewered?

Malkon: So why this is important kiddos is that weapons with advantages get slight stat boots which increases the likelihood of a critical hit or hits in general. In this case, n00bsl4y3r here just failed to take that into consideration and was taken out with a critical hit.

CaptainMeme: For the love of England. Okay, let’s try this out and-

*criticals against an enemy*

CaptainMeme: Get wrecked losers! *does a little dance*

Malkon: Yes, and on this side of the atlantic ocean, we can see the king of all showboaters floating along.

CaptainMeme: I’ll showboat your mum.

Malkon: What does that even mean?

CaptainMeme: I do not have a clue.

Malkon: Moving on.

CaptainMeme: Okay wait, so these units just moved next to each other and now have something called “Support Conversation” what’s that?

Malkon: It’s where two units spend enough time together that they decide they want to get to know each other a bit more. In fact if the right two characters have enough conversations they could end up wanting to marry each other.

CaptainMeme: Are you telling me I can have a waifu?

Malkon: …Is that all you took away from this conversation?

CaptainMeme: Okay I want the really hot one to be my waifu.

Malkon: Wow. Okay well…you know what to do then I guess. I didn’t even get to talk about the part where affinities with characters can improve-

CaptainMeme: Blah blah blah more waifu!

Malkon: *breathless* oh my god I’ve created a monster.

*The chapter goes well and a support conversation is reached*

CaptainMeme: Yessssss become part of my waifu harem ahahahaha

Malkon: So yeah the chapter is basically done can we move on now?

CaptainMeme: But I want more support with my waifu.

Malkon: I swear to god if you say waifu one more time…but no you can only get one support conversation per chapter. So if you want more you have to-

*Boss dies and next chapter begins*

Malkon: Oh look I didn’t even need to motivate you because-

*next support conversation is reached*

Malkon: …

*chapter ends*

Malkon: …this is the weirdest motivation I’ve ever seen.

*this repeats until final support is reached the female blushes as the characters kiss*

CaptainMeme: Okay I got my waifu, now did I win the game?

Malkon: Well. You’re on your way. I think you only have like 20 more chapters and like 5 side chapters. Oh you can also attempt to get children and-

CaptainMeme: Wait?! I CAN MAKE CHILDREN?!

Malkon: …I mean-

*sidequest: you have a child! Pops up on the screen*

CaptainMeme: *clicks the button rapidly*

Malkon: I think we are going to let Crazy McGee over here get a child and we will return to you next episode. Meanwhile we get to recruit all the characters in this chapter. Enjoy this music.

Spoiler: #96-81
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:33 am

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 22, Gypyx wrote:if the top3 isn't dog / flayn / eagle we riot brw
weird for you to misspell Lorenz, Petra and Papatuanuku this badly
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”