Don't know how to use this forum? Click here!

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Don't know how to use this forum? Click here!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:15 pm

Post by xofelf »

Is this your first time in the ORGs and Large Social Games forum and you're having a hard time figuring out how things work? Or have you been here before but you miss out on stuff a lot because things are a little confusing? Then this thread is for you!

What is an ORG or LSG?

That's a great first question! An LSG is a game with 12 or more players, with social and challenge components. Primarily, these games are forum versions of reality game shows like Survivor, Big Brother, The Mole, The Genius, etc. But games don't have to be based on anything. They do have to have either challenges or player interactions impacting how a player is eliminated from the game, or how one wins in the end. ORG stands for Online Reality Game. It basically means the same thing. ORG is the acronym most places on the internet use, while we came up with "LSG" because it feels like it encompasses ideas that aren't based on reality shows too.

Where do I find games that are in signups?

If you hop over to the Large Social Game Queue Thread, the very first post in the thread keeps a running queue of which games are upcoming, and which are in signups. Additionally when a game enters signups, it gets stickied and will thus appear near the top of the forum, and the thread title will indicate the game is accepting signups. When games aren't running anymore, they get destickied. If you don't see any threads labeled "signups," there likely are no games in signups at that time. We typically have one game going at a time, so it may take a month or two before something new is ready to go.

What do I do if I want to run a game?

There are no barriers to running a game. All you need is to have an idea and one or more co-moderators. The Large Social Game Queue Thread has more details. If you want to gauge interest in a particular theme or need co-mods, head to the Theme Test Market and Co-Mod Recruitment Thread. Every game needs to have at least 2 mods, with 3 recommended. If this is your first time running a game, one of your comods should be someone who has modded an ORG/LSG game before on MS (or elsewhere, if approved on a case by case basis).

What are all these other threads for?

This subforum hosts both game threads and discussion threads related to LSGs/ORGs. Game threads can include both games that run through the Large Social Game Queue Thread and some that don't require the queue because they include social elements but aren't as extensive or long-term as a full LSG. Additionally, after queued games have ended, their threads will remain in the subforum for discussion of the game until they get moved to the Social Game Archives. You can also find the LSG Character Poll for the year where you can rate the characters people played in various games over the past year. There's typically a ceremony to release that data at the start of the new year.

What if I don't want to have to keep track of everything, but I want to know when the next game enters signups?

The listmods keep a list of people we know want to be notified when games enter signups, and we will inform the mods of any LSG that runs through the queue to reach out to that list. If you want to be added to this list, you can either tell us privately or just post in this thread that you'd be interested in that and we'll make sure you get a PM or Discord message when games enter signups.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:31 am

Post by Cephrir »

Also, if you have any questions that are not answered by this thread, feel free to post them here, or send a Private Message to Cephrir, xofelf and/or PrivateI.

(Just make sure not to discuss ongoing games! If you have questions about an ongoing game, check the queue thread to find out who that game's listmod is, and send them a PM!)
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:04 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Hello! I don't see anywhere convenient to post this in this subforum but I was looking to recruit a Large Social Game designer for an anniversary game for Mafiascum! Please DM me on discord or on MS and I will add you to the planning chat, thank you!

(discord is DkKoba#0420)

Last bumped by xofelf on Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:04 pm.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”