Rumble XIII: Ultimate Spaceship Dogfight!

Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Rumble XIII: Ultimate Spaceship Dogfight!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by Zeofar »

As I am a pretty big fan of Rumble, and there are no games of it running right now, I thought I'd moderate one. Here are the Rules for those who are unfamiliar.
For basic rules, you have 100 energy for attack and defense and you shall pm me each round with your actions. Defense attempts to negate the sum of all attacks against you, and you shall lose energy equal to the difference of the attacks over your defense each round.

As the debris and fresh spacedust from that excellent and impressive explosion clears, only a handful of ships remain. In this final battle of galactic empires, only these ships have survived. For those that lose, it will mean the end of their peoples' space flight. For the one that will survive, it means that their race will have a chance to rule the galaxy without enemies. Alarms will ring! Friends have been lost! Sirens will sound! Fight for your people! Rumble!

This will be Spaceship Rumble game. Heroes are Ships, Powers are Systems, Defense is Shields, and Sidekicks are Drones. All other rules are standard, unless they obviously won't be.
Commands for each round have 96 hours to be submitted. If no commands are received, then it will be assumed that the pilot has passed out due to trauma obtained from damage, that an integral part of the ship needs to be repaired, or that the pilot has somehow died and the AI piloting has yet to kick in. In any case, the Ship does nothing, and safety systems divert all power to shields.
Discussion of what is going on here in-thread only, for now.

I'll do some flavor text along with a
mock 2d spacemap
(Until further notice) of what has occurred each round for the benefit of all (If you even care about this, you can pm me along with your commands each round as to what the specific movements of your attacks are or whateversuch and I'll attempt to recreate that in my nonsense.).

I suppose that sums if up for now.
Signups have ended!
Ships

[mrow]Pilot [col]Model[col]Systems[col]Commands?[col]Energy chenhsi[col]Fly[col]Compromised Hull, Really Efficient Generator, Deceptive Illusions[col]Received[col]16 Netlava[col]MASS CARRIERS[col]A.T. Field, The Device[col]Received[col]6 Iron Man[col]Normandy[col]Compromised Hull, Photon Cannons[col]Pending[col]50 bird1111[col]
Hellfire
Class[col]Neutron Bomb 1, Neutron Bomb 2[col]Received[col]50 Gremwell[col]Charger[col]Fighter Launch, Scottish Engineer[col]Received[col]74 Lawrencelot[col]The Flying Dutchman[col]Mining Colony[col]Received[col]141 Karo[col]Comet[col]Bio-Organism Ship, Compromised Hull, Energy Multiplicator, Cloaking Shields[col]Received[col]79 [col]Bio-Drone (Half)[col][col][col]25 Xelada[col]The Xeladanopolis[col]
Magnetic Shield Drone
, Kamikaze[col]Received[col]70 Max[col]S-4[col]Heat Seeking Counter Attack, Terraforming[col]Received[col]71 [col]Bio-Drone (Half)[col][col][col]25 Cybele[col]Sthuurgian
"Epulum"
[col]Hilbert Effect Sonic Cannon[col]Received[col]80 Cavane[col]GBF[col]---[col]Received[col]97 Wizardcat[col]Design 1334, v2[col] Spatial Fluxuator, Adaptive Shielding[col]Pending[col]62 Xdaamno[col]Dreamer[col]---[col]Pending[col]100

Systems

[mrow]System[col]Function[col]Power Strength Heat Seeking Counter Attack [col]The energy you allocate for Shields is halved each round. If you take damage, Heat Seeking Counter Attack attacks each of your opponents equal to twice of the strength of their attack.(If Shglgurur attacked you for 20, you launch a counterattack worth 40 energy.)[col]24 Bio-Organism Ship[col]The lowest unique bidder receives this System but all people pay their bid. The winning bidder selects a player to also become a bio-organism ship. The 2 Ships become a team and, as well as other actions, breed, giving birth to a Drone who starts with 50 energy and each player has control of 25 of it.These 2 Ships then work as a team, only winning when all other players are defeated, and if one dies the other also dies.[col] Magnetic shield Drone[col]This Drone has 20 energy and always allocates all the energy to shields; all attacks directed at the you or one of your drones automatically targets this instead.[col]10 Terraforming[col]For every System the you own (including this one) you start out with 5 more energy. [col]11 Neutron Bomb*(2)[col]Neutron Bomb: Spend 10, no more than once per round: Neutron Bomb deals 50 Damage to all Ships (as if Attacking), next round. [col]20, 20 Self-Destruct Mechanism*(2)[col]Use once per game: Deal 500 damage to all ships that Attacked yours this turn, and to your own ship. [col]0 Torpedo Bays[col]Spend X, where X this System's Power Strength: On your next turn, you may add X to your Attack. Cannot be used two turns in a row. [col]0 Fighter Launch[col]Spend 10: Put a 5-Energy drone craft into play.[col]7 Energy Beam[col]Burn X: Deal X damage to a Ship of your choice. [col]0 Kamikaze[col]If you die, you may choose to destroy another Ship at the same time. [col]10 Compromised Hull[col]FLAW: The player(s) who bid least on this system receive this System. It cannot be discarded. In order to maintain the integrity of your hull, you must burn 5 energy each turn. [col] Hilbert Effect Sonic Cannon[col]When you use Hilbert Effect Sonic Cannon, you cannot allocate energy to attacks. Spend X: Choose a target. 2X energy is sapped from the target's attacks against you (To a minimum of 0 points). If attack is already 0 during that phase, 2X is subtracted from their Shields instead.[col]20 Really Efficient Generator[col]At the beginning of every round, this system's owner's ship gains 10 Energy.[col]39 Spatial Fluxuator[col]Each round, choose another player. If they should attack you or use any offensive systems against you that round, the attacks will be rerouted back to that player, as if by another player. [col]17 A.T. Field[col]Burn 15: All damage (unless otherwise stated as unavoidable or undefendable) dealt to you this round is reduced to 0. [col]42 Longinus Torpedo[col]Spend 30: One of your attacks this turn is unavoidable. However, you cannot deal more than 20 damage per turn in this way. [col]0 The Device[col]If you are alive at the beginning of the second round you win the game.[col]37 Energy Multiplicator[col]If you are alive at the end of the first round, you gain 1 energy. Double that number for all subsequent rounds. So you gain 2 next round, 4 the following round, then 8, etc. [col]13 Deceptive Illusions[col] Spend X energy. If you are attacked by less than X opponents, you will not be harmed by normal attacks this round.[col]60 Mining Colony[col] Every round, if you use no more than half your energy on attack and shields, and if you don't lose energy for using your own systems, you gain energy equal to 100 minus this System's strength[col]27 Scottish Engineer[col]Energy costs to use your ship's Systems are halved (rounding up).[col]16 Adaptive Shielding[col]Add X to your Shields, each turn. X starts at zero and increases by 5 at the end of any turn in which you sustained damage. [col]17 Cloaking Shields[col]Spend 20 and Burn 5: You may not be Attacked next round. [col]7 Photon Cannons[col]Spend 10: Make a separate strength-20 Attack. You may not use this System if you used it in the previous round, and not more than three times per round.[col]50

(*Two people submitted Neutron Bomb and Self Destruct Mechanism without anything else. In this case, I'm going to have two of each exist.
There are also a few Systems that are a little bit hazy regarding whether or not their damage is unblockable. Since I think you guys want to bid already, and since you can probably infer from the cost of using the system, I've not bothered with them as of yet, but I may change the proper ones.)

Round One, Allocation Phase has begun!

Deadline - Midday Friday, September 12!
Last edited by Zeofar on Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:15 am, edited 50 times in total.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:46 am

Post by Zeofar »

Karo wrote: Does 'doing nothing' due to inactivity mean, those players have full defense?
Good Question. I intended for it to mean that they were open targets, but considering that it's logical for an advanced ship to return all power to shields when idle, I think I will make them do full defense in favor of duck sitting.

On another topic,
Signups will end in 24 hours
, and I'll hopefully start this before saturday.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:58 am

Post by Zeofar »

Either. As long as they aren't gamebreaking (We don't need 99 bids all around), they'll be up for auction.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:53 am

Post by Zeofar »

Iron Man wrote:Do you want us to PM our system choices now, or when the game begins?
Either way is fine, but now would be preferable.
Lawrencelot wrote:Will it be possible to bid more than 100 energy in total?
Err, no. Sorry.
Karo wrote:are there limits like every player can submit a total of, say, two systems?
I'll only accept two Systems from each player, but you can submit as many as you like. I'll just choose the ones I think are best or fancy my interest.

I'll try to add these things in to the rules if I moderate another game.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:08 pm

Post by Zeofar »

Yep.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:09 pm

Post by Zeofar »

Most of the players have sent me their System choices. At this rate, we are right on schedule to start bidding before the weekend.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:07 am

Post by Zeofar »

Okay,
signups are now closed
. Only a few more people to send their Systems before we start bidding.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (isolation #7) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by Zeofar »

I did that for fun. You have to have read the comic that came with a special edition or some sort of Pan's Labyrinth to get the reference. I put the "Pending" status on your commands to try to hint that you could change it if you want, but I thought you'd just ask me to anyways.

As for models having effect on gameplay, no. You can tell me what you want them to look like and I'll try to replicate that. I may not be able to use a picture you send me of the ship, though.

And, on bidding: Yes, it is done by PM. Just send em' on once I put the Systems on here.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (isolation #8) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:05 pm

Post by Zeofar »

Oh oh, unforeseen issues regarding program stubbornness in fields related to shape continuity and filling have forced me to temporarily cease serious attempts at the ships until a good solution can be worked out.
I'll try to at least do a generic "fighter" or two recolored for each person but at the moment anything more complex will take hours of headache inducing labor for each ship. If I can get that at least worked out, there will still be certain special effects for any applicable systems.
Sorry if this disappoints.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #9) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:25 pm

Post by Zeofar »

Of course, of course. I just didn't want to mention something I was trying to do and fail to mention I wasn't going to be able to do it.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (isolation #10) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:40 pm

Post by Zeofar »

4, from two people. It is now up on the player chart. I'll let them operate within the normal four day period before selecting other systems or kicking them out, whichever I do.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (isolation #11) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by Zeofar »

Gremwell: Yes, 13 is alot of ships. I'd considered modified rules and such for group play and such, but I decided that I should just see how it turns out with the normal rules.

Now, on to bidding.
Mana_Ku is apparently very busy, but I think he has had enough time to send in two systems. I'm just going to get two systems from the Rumble Archive in place of what he would have sent, and if he doesn't respond with a bid/play confirmation soon I'm going to remove him from play.
Here are the systems:

[mrow]System[col]Function[col]Power Strength Heat Seeking Counter Attack [col]The energy you allocate for Shields is halved each round. If you take damage, Heat Seeking Counter Attack attacks each of your opponents equal to twice of the strength of their attack.(If Shglgurur attacked you for 20, you launch a counterattack worth 40 energy.)[col] Bio-Organism Ship[col]The lowest unique bidder receives this System but all people pay their bid. The winning bidder selects a player to also become a bio-organism ship. The 2 Ships become a team and, as well as other actions, breed, giving birth to a Drone who starts with 50 energy and each player has control of 25 of it.These 2 Ships then work as a team, only winning when all other players are defeated, and if one dies the other also dies.[col] Magnetic shield Drone[col]This Drone has 20 energy and always allocates all the energy to shields; all attacks directed at the you or one of your drones automatically targets this instead.[col] Terraforming[col]For every System the you own (including this one) you start out with 5 more energy. [col] Neutron Bomb*(2)[col]Neutron Bomb: Spend 10, no more than once per round: Neutron Bomb deals 50 Damage to all Ships (as if Attacking), next round. [col] Self-Destruct Mechanism*(2)[col]Use once per game: Deal 500 damage to all ships that Attacked yours this turn, and to your own ship. [col] Torpedo Bays[col]Spend X, where X this System's Power Strength: On your next turn, you may add X to your Attack. Cannot be used two turns in a row. [col] Fighter Launch[col]Spend 10: Put a 5-Energy drone craft into play.[col] Energy Beam[col]Burn X: Deal X damage to a Ship of your choice. [col] Kamikaze[col]If you die, you may choose to destroy another Ship at the same time. [col] Compromised Hull[col]FLAW: The player(s) who bid least on this system receive this System. It cannot be discarded. In order to maintain the integrity of your hull, you must burn 5 energy each turn. [col] Hilbert Effect Sonic Cannon[col]When you use Hilbert Effect Sonic Cannon, you cannot allocate energy to attacks. Spend X: Choose a target. 2X energy is sapped from the target's attacks against you (To a minimum of 0 points). If attack is already 0 during that phase, 2X is subtracted from their Shields instead.[col] Really Efficient Generator[col]At the beginning of every round, this system's owner's ship gains 10 Energy.[col] Spatial Fluxuator[col]Each round, choose another player. If they should attack you or use any offensive systems against you that round, the attacks will be rerouted back to that player, as if by another player. [col] A.T. Field[col]Burn 15: All damage (unless otherwise stated as unavoidable or undefendable) dealt to you this round is reduced to 0. [col] Longinus Torpedo[col]Spend 30: One of your attacks this turn is unavoidable. However, you cannot deal more than 20 damage per turn in this way. [col] The Device[col]If you are alive at the beginning of the second round you win the game.[col] Energy Multiplicator[col]If you are alive at the end of the first round, you gain 1 energy. Double that number for all subsequent rounds. So you gain 2 next round, 4 the following round, then 8, etc. [col] Deceptive Illusions[col] Spend X energy. If you are attacked by less than X opponents, you will not be harmed by normal attacks this round.[col] Mining Colony[col] Every round, if you use no more than half your energy on attack and shields, and if you don't lose energy for using your own systems, you gain energy equal to 100 minus this System's strength[col] Scottish Engineer[col]Energy costs to use your ship's Systems are halved (rounding up).[col] Adaptive Shielding[col]Add X to your Shields, each turn. X starts at zero and increases by 5 at the end of any turn in which you sustained damage. [col] Cloaking Shields[col]Spend 20 and Burn 5: You may not be Attacked next round. [col] Photon Cannons[col]Spend 10: Make a separate strength-20 Attack. You may not use this System if you used it in the previous round, and not more than three times per round.[col]

*Two people submitted Neutron Bomb and Self Destruct Mechanism without anything else. In this case, I'm going to have two of each exist, so label your bids for either as X(1) or X(2) where X is the name of the System.
There are also a few Systems that are a little bit hazy regarding whether or not their damage is unblockable. Since I think you guys want to bid already, and since you can probably infer from the cost of using the system, I've not bothered with them as of yet, but I may change the proper ones if I can get to them before bids come in.

Okay, send me Personal Message with your bids. When Everyone has bid, I will reveal the results and perhaps make up some profiles for each ship that take into account the won powers.
Get to it!
Last edited by Zeofar on Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:41 pm

Post by Zeofar »

Sorry about the Bio-Organism ship thing. I was just confused by it in general. It has been changed now to reflect what Max said. Feel free to change your vote if you want.
The energy you bid is only spent on Systems you WIN. If you bid 100 energy across the board, and you win none of the systems, you start with 100 energy. If you bid 30 energy any which way and win all the systems to bid on, you start the game with 70 energy.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:52 am

Post by Zeofar »

Ugh. Sorry about putting "spent" instead of burned, I my original post disappeared and I had to rewrite it hastily. Like Max said, it is burned for the powers you win. If it wasn't burned the bidding process would be much shallower.

Anyhow, Since Mana_Ku just quit the game I'm going to let Xdaamno replace him. Justice, perhaps?
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (isolation #14) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:04 am

Post by Zeofar »

You can't add systems because bidding already started before you brought this up. It would be a pretty big hassle for everyone to try to take into account your new systems.
Sorry about missing you in the first place, but I would have noticed if you had sent systems along with everyone else.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (isolation #15) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by Zeofar »

I've got bids from everyone now, and once I take a look at everything I will reveal the results of the bidding phase, and begin the first allocation phase.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (isolation #16) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by Zeofar »

I am dumping each person's bids as well as a list of who won each System in particular. If I've made any mistakes, please correct me.

Chenhsi's

Really Efficient Generator: 39
Deceptive Illusions: 60

Lawrecelot's

Bio-Organism Ship: 5
Magnetic shield Drone: 5
Terraforming: 7
Kamikaze: 2
Compromised Hull: 10
Really Efficient Generator: 12
Spatial Fluxuator: 4
Energy Multiplicator: 12
Mining Colony: 27
Adaptive Shielding: 3

Bird1111's

Bid 10 on Bio-Organic Ship

Bid 20 on Compromised Hull

Bid 20 on Neutron Bomb 1

Bid 20 on Neutron Bomb 2

Max's

Heat Seeking Counter Attack - 24
Bio-Organism Ship - 4
Terraforming - 11
Comprimised Hull - 10
Really Effecient Generator - 30

Xelada's

Bid 10 on these:
Bio-Organism Ship, Magnetic Shield Drone, Terraforming, Kamikaze, Comprised Hull, Really Effective Generator, The Device, Scottish Engineer, Adaptive Shielding and Photon Cannons

Gremwell's

Deceptive Illusions - 8
Scottish Engineer - 16
Hilbert Effect Sonic Cannon - 14
Deploy Fighters - 7
Terra forming - 10
Compromised Hull - 40
Bio Ship - 3

Netlava's

5 - compromised hull
42 - a.t. field
37 - the device

Wizardcat's

Heat Seeking Counter Attack: 0
Bio-Organism Ship: 4
Magnetic shield Drone: 1
Terraforming: 6
Neutron Bomb 1: 0
Neutron Bomb 2: 0
Self-Destruct Mechanism 1: 0
Self-Destruct Mechanism 2: 0
Torpedo Bays: 0
Fighter Launch: 1
Energy Beam: 0
Kamikaze: 0
Compromised Hull: 16
Hilbert Effect Sonic Cannon: 0
Really Efficient Generator: 1
Spatial Fluxuator: 17
A.T. Field: 0
Longinus Torpedo: 0
The Device: 0
Energy Multiplicator: 2
Deceptive Illusions: 22
Mining Colony: 0
Scottish Engineer: 0
Adaptive Shielding: 17
Cloaking Shields: 0
Photon Cannons: 13

Karo's

01 Bio-Organism Ship
11 Spatial Fluxuator
12 A.T. Field
13 Energy Multiplicator
14 Deceptive Illusions
25 Mining Colony
16 Adaptive Shielding
07 Cloaking Shields

Xdaamno's

Compromised Hull:100

Cavane's

Bio-Organism Ship: 3
Compromised Hull: 16
Hilbert Effect Sonic Cannon: 15
Really Efficient Generator: 15
A.T. Field: 10
Deceptive Illusions: 15
Mining Colony: 16

Cybele's

bidding 13 on compromised hull
bidding 20 on H. E. S. C.
bidding 15 on really eficient generator

Iron Man's

I will bid 50 on Photon Cannons.

Heat Seeking Counter Attack - Won by Max at a 24 bid

Bio-Organism Ship - Lawrencelot 5 - Bird1111 10 - Max 4 - Xelada 10 - Gremwell 3 - Wizardcat 4 - Karo 1 - Cavane 3- Karo wins it

Magnetic shield Drone - Xelada at 10

Terraforming - Max at 11

Neutron Bomb 1 - Bird1111 at 20
Neutron Bomb 2 - Bird1111 at 20
Self-Destruct Mechanism 1 - No bids
Self-Destruct Mechanism 2 - No bids
Torpedo Bays - No bids

Fighter Launch - Wizardcat at 1

Energy Beam - No bids

Kamikaze- Xelada at 10

Compromised Hull - Won at 0 by Karo and Iron Man.

Hilbert Effect Sonic Cannon - Cybele at 20

Really Efficient Generator - Chensi at 39

Spatial Fluxuator - Wizardcat at 17

A.T. Field - Netlava at 42

Longinus Torpedo - No bids

The Device - Netlava at 37

Energy Multiplicator - Karo at 13

Deceptive Illusions - Chensi at 60

Mining Colony - Lawrencelot at 27

Scottish Engineer - Gremwell at 16

Adaptive Shielding - Wizardcat at 17

Cloaking Shields - Karo at 7

Photon Cannons - Iron Man at 50
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by Zeofar »

Oh, And the Round One Allocation Phase has begun.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (isolation #18) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by Zeofar »

The energy you have left is in the first post. Chensi, you specifically have only 1 energy.
I actually thought that it would not count for the first round, but according to the wording of Really Efficient Generator, yes, you do get some energy now. Lucky you.

Yes, Kamikaze affects the person with A.T. Shielding. However, averse to the actual concept of Kamikaze, you would have to literally offer yourself up to the rest of your opponents to do what I think you mean.
Anyways, I think things will turn out fine... I've even got a good deal of that storyline worked out and everything.
(I'll now take into account Really Efficient Generator and Terraforming since I forgot to do it earlier.)
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (isolation #19) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:23 pm

Post by Zeofar »

Coincidental that nobody wanted the Systems that dealt unavoidable damage, eh?

Makes me wish I had kept Retiarius Protocol...
Choose one target who has a total energy equal to or less than half of your total energy (rounded down).
Burn energy equal to the target's energy total.
That ship is immediately reduced to 0 energy (destroyed) and you regenerate energy equal to the amount that ship allocated to Shields for that round.
You may also take any Systems belonging to that ship by burning the appropriate Power Strength cost.

Considering it was a pretty cool power too. Then again, nobody would have wanted it anyways :P .
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (isolation #20) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by Zeofar »

Xdaamno wrote:
Zeofar wrote:
Xdaamno's

Compromised Hull:100
Wait, what the hell? These were the PMs I sent you:
Original bids over 100 energy..
And I sent you...
You cannot bid over 100 energy. Send another bid. Also, you only need to include bids on what you are actually bidding on.
As per..
Will it be possible to bid more than 100 energy in total?
Err, no. Sorry.
From..
Looking at all the chosen Powers, each Hero may bid an amount of Energy (from their initial 100) for each.
You then sent me...
I'll send 100 energy for that 999+ one[compromised hull], then.

I included 0-bids as I just made a list and ran down it, deciding on their value.
And thus, the only logical conclusion was that you wanted to bid all your energy on Compromised Hull. Did you think you were clever for bidding endless amounts of energy you don't have to pay for? :roll:

I don't see what the confusion about Magnetic Shield Drone being some sort of uber system that makes the owner unbeatable. Drones act exactly like Ships only they are controlled by another Ship, or however stipulated by the System. Whoever started causing panic by making everyone think Xelada can't be killed shouldn't be so hasty.

Anywho, there is a somewhat complex solution to this. I'd give hints regarding who needs to do something, except that in any case everything will turn out fine, but I will say that some people have already done the wrong thing out of fear. Because I want to see if everyone is clever enough to figure this out, I'm going to take every message I've got to now as official except for Xelada's. Netlava deserves a win if he estimated that people wouldn't be able to work together cohesively. Still, don't complain, everything will in fact turn out all right.
Oh yeah, you guys are okay'd to share your allocations for this round. This is going to be quite interesting...
:twisted:
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #113 (isolation #21) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by Zeofar »

What you did works >.>
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (isolation #22) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by Zeofar »

Xdaamno:
Looking at all the chosen Powers, each Hero may bid an amount of Energy (from their initial 100) for each.
Is from the Rumble website.
From their initial 100.
If the rules of Rumble aren't clear to you, try to ask a few more questions before damning me for not restating them in the original post. Yes, bidding a massive amount of energy IS optimal play, but only if you have the massive amount of energy to bid. If you like it another way, next time submit a global system that allows unlimited bids called "Advanced Civilizations or somesuch. And no, I didn't take it
comleeetely
seriously that you only wanted to bid only on compromised hull, but there was more than enough warning for you, especially considering I already told you what was wrong, and there are some people that would rather play with full energy than some powers anyways.

Spend/Burn Energy:
Energy that has been allocated to spending on a System acts like energy that has been allocated to attack/shields;you get it back the following round. Energy that is burnt is gone like taking damage. Thank you Cavane.

Lawrencelot's solution:
Karo has already sent me his choice for bonding with, Max. The Drone that comes with Bio-organism ship is only as important as anyone else to defeating Netlava. Karo can't use Cloaking Shields to stop his death because it activates in the following round.

Gremwell: I've chosen to let your bid for Fighter Launch to count. If I mod a future game, please name all bids appropriately. So, that means you get it. Enjoy.

Cavane: Nothing has been resolved or changed. Nobody has Longinus Torpedo. I'll get back to that in a second. What Blackberry and I told you guys earlier still stands as the solution, the puzzle for YOU guys is to now figure out how to do that. I will get to THAT in a moment.

Blackberry: Exactly. Exactly. Exactly.

Longinus Torpedo: People assumed that I would respect Xdaamno's bids for the sake of the game. Well, not so.

Netlava's Gambit:
I am not a fan of moderator intervention, especially when nothing needs to be done. This is why I'm not going to let Xdaamno have Longinus Torpedo, remove The Device, or kick Netlava out of the game for being too smart. I already know what will happen in any situation here, so you guys can play as you please. Maybe Xdaamno's Systems will kick back in after the effects of the Sthuurgian hack-bug planted in his Ship wear off if he posts the solution. You guys will choose how this turns out, and you should be able to control it pretty well considering I gave you MORE than enough information to figure this out. I'll rehash-

1)Netlava can only be killed (that I know of) by kamikaze.

2)Xelada can change his commands, but not the rest of the people that sent me before that post I made (There is no actual purpose beneath this - I just wanted to see if you guys could use limited resources and teamwork to be able to coordinate something that works out). The only meaningful part of his was to point out that only Xelada's commands were important to the defeat of Xelada. Since I'm sure there'll be frustration with this anyways, I'd rescind it, but that would just make things tooooo easy. But my point was made.

3)You guys can share your commands in thread as you please. There isn't any information here in itself, but it would help alot.

Err, that is about it. I really would like to see you guys work among yourselves and try to figure out a good way to resolve the problem. If you don't feel like it, I understand that. Rumble isn't seen as a big thinking game. Would make me feel like an idiot for saying that everything is going to turn out okay, though...

End of excessively long post.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (isolation #23) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:41 pm

Post by Zeofar »

Sorry, forgot to fully adress the drone. I'd make the judgment that all attacks in the rounds it is functioning will be directed at the drone and the drone only. In other words, no overflow damage as the attacks are made simultaneously. I know, it makes it overly complex but any other way would make very much sense in the "game world".
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (isolation #24) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:39 am

Post by Zeofar »

Gremwell wrote:so then Xelada has to discard the drone?
No no, not at all. Although, I think that is a possible solution. But if it works, hey.
Max wrote:bah crap my bio-organism has a flaw in the writing, I intended a drone to be born each turn...
Ouh. Erm, I thought that that was a miss-type, because it seemed massively overpowered, so I changed it.
Lawrencelot wrote:So Neutron Bomb takes effect at the beginning of the next round, not the damage phase? Then we just let bird1111 use two bombs on Xelada, and we all take care of the magnetic shield drone. And yes, the way I read it two bombs can be used in the same round.
Well, I never thought of it that way. However, the "as if attacking" seems to indicate the damage is dealt as normally. Or, it could mean that shields block the damage. Personally, I go with the idea that the first round is the charging sort of phase, and at the next allocation phase the energy is loosed. In other words, the damage done would be during the allocation phase, not the beginning of the round. Also, two bombs can be used in the same round, but like bird1111 said, he cannot target anyone in particular.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (isolation #25) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by Zeofar »

Aye. It seems terrible that everyone is just trying to kill him.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (isolation #26) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:25 am

Post by Zeofar »

My computer is now at my new house and the internet is up again, so I'll be able to be around now. I am setting a deadline of around midday tomorrow for everyone to send in or edit their commands due to my prolonged absence. I will be sending prods to anyone who has not sent in commands. Sorry for my slowness with all this.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (isolation #27) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:25 pm

Post by Zeofar »

I'm going to take some liberties here for the flavor, no rewrites pleeeeeeaaaazee. :cry:

Fly

Developed from the tiny nuisance-fighter model
Flea
, it features a strong generator that can quickly regenerate shields and attack power while confusing the enemy with holographic replications of itself. Like its predecessor, it is small, and ship usually fights in huge squadrons in a full scale battle, overwhelming any ship they attack. Also used as patrol ships, they will intercept trespassers and mildly harass them until a larger ship can maintain the situation.

MASS CARRIERS
A mid-sized spherical ship that was newly produced by the mysterious Sel'natha. They are one of the most advanced races in the galaxy, and are purported to be the race that developed space travel. This ship has a special field generator that can completely block any matter and light from passing through.

Normandy
A typical Tarsit destroyer featuring a slightly outdated weapon system as well as an iron hull like many other retrofitted Tarsit vessels. Despite this, it is still an extremely capable ship.

Hellfire
Class
A massive Cruiser with a powerful, albeit dangerous weapon system. The primary function of this Cleaver ship is to completely destroy the enemy at any cost.

Charger
http://www.redwhirlpool.com/images/pew/ ... ip_cg2.jpg
A small 3-man ship (A pilot, a gunner, and an engineer) on the larger side of the fighter class. It is very quick and maneuverable, and has a relatively strong weapon system that allows extremely strong bursts of electricity to be discharged from any part of the ship, although the only benefit of this sort of attack is tactical. They carries hundreds of tiny fighter drones that they often release after a strafe on an enemy vessel; It moves on in a seamless combat pattern while the drones finish off the enemy. The 2nd Human Republic of the Great World considers this to be their premier strike vessel, and a squadron of these are indeed a formidable opponent.

The Flying Dutchman
Before the coming of the Slassians, the tiny planet of Yarba was a timocracy. When the arrival of the Slassians spread terraforming and space travel throughout Yarba, many denizens took to space in attempt to escape the overcrowding. This ship is of a type developed then, a large mining ship designed to consume asteroids and space debris to convert to large amounts of energy. Redesigned to mainly consume destroyed ships and debris thereof, this lone ship has become a pirate vessel that has become notorious for its ruthlessness, and a huge crew that allows it to completely control battles.

Comet
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v711/ ... 1c027b.jpg
A small Gho'gha'ghi vessel designed for planetary strikes. It can often raid planets for months without being noticed thanks to its special energy regeneration pattern and cloaking shields.

The Xeladanopolis
A Heavy Cruiser that is primary vessel of the Xeladanians, a completely vain and self-obsessed race that go to any extent to protect themselves, even developing drones that might take damage for them as to not mar their spectacular shield structure. They are even spiteful enough that if a ship dare try to destroy them or even dream of ruining their brilliantly etched hull (It IS silver plated), they would rather crash into them and destroy them both.

Essfars (S-4)
A mid-sized terraforming ship of the Slassians, an advanced sluglike race. Not being a combat vessel, it is designed to just run from encounters and make strikes back if it takes damage.

Epulum

http://s3images.coroflot.com/user_files ... p88ZLS.jpg
A new ship prototype designed by the Sthuurgians, a technocratic race that is only rivaled in intelligence and ingenuity by the Sel'natha. It is intended to be a support vessel, sapping the enemies' shields or drawing fire.

GBF
A standard and dull fighter designed by the Wanes.

Design 1334, v2
A ship designed by the Werwer, a tiny people that are geniuses is shield and defense design, and not much else. They have spent centuries trying to perfect a ship made for defense, and they are supposedly getting close. They intend to move on to another field after that, perhaps Negative Energy weapons, or pathophysiology. They have a complete and total hatred for the Gho'gha'ghi.

Dreamer
A Command ship of the Human Empire of Terra developed from Hope, a model designed directly after the conclusion of the civil war that racked the empire and lead the split of the human race. It has no special or distinguishing features, but it is amazingly formidable despite this.

Bleh Bleh. Most these are pretty poor, and my storyline and ship descriptions simmered, boiled, stewed, ripened, over ripened, burned, stuck to the bottom, then got thrown out the rear when my internet was out. The results of the first round coming soon. Sorry for my tardiness here.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (isolation #28) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by Zeofar »

For sure.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (isolation #29) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:44 pm

Post by Zeofar »

I'm going to do the flavor stuffs at a later time since I'm too busy for that and calculating this rounds results.

Allocations:
Chensi's:
Compromised Hull forces me to burn 5, then I spend 6 on Deceptive Illusions

Netlava's:
burn 15 for a.t. field

Iron Man's:
Allocate 50 to shields

bird1111's:
Attacking Xelada 30, Neutron Bombing X2

Gremwell's:
I'd like to set my shields to 14
and launch and launch 12 fighters
(Scottish Engineer halves fighter launch's cost)

Lawrencelot's:
Change of plans: I spend 34 on defense

Karo:
(Chose Max as its mate)
I'll team up with Max.
Everything goes into shields.(79)
Drone fully attacks Xelada.(25)

Xelada's:
30 to defence
40 to attack Karo

Max's
All On Shields(71)
(I'll assume this also includes the drone, although he might have missed Xelada teaming up with him in the thread)
Bio-Drone- Allocate 25 to shields

Cybele's:
77 points to shields

Cavane's:
20 attack on Xelada
77 shields.

Wizardcat's:
Allocate 62 to shields

Xdaamno's:
Defend 95, Attack chensi for 5

Results:
Chensi : Chensi has to burn five for compromised hull, while Xdaamno's attack does nothing thanks to deceptive illusions, leaving Chensi with 16 energy.
Netlava: Netlava repulses nothing with his A.T. Field, and is left at 6 energy.
Iron Man: Iron Man was not attacked, so he is left with 50 energy.
bird1111: bird1111 was not attacked, so he is left with 50 energy.
Gremwell: Gremwell was not attacked, so he is left with 74 energy.
Lawrencelot: Lawrencelot was not attacked. Having spent only half of his energy, Mining Colony gives him 73 energy to his 68, leaving him with 141 energy.
Karo: Xelada's 40 attack against Karo does nothing.
Xelada: All the attacks bird1111, Cavane, and the Bio-Drone for a total of 75 attack are redirected to the Magnetic Shield Drone
Max: Max was not attacked, so he is left with 71 energy.
Cybele: Cybele is left with 77 energy.
Cavane: Cavane is left with 97 energy.
Wizardcat: Wizardcat is left with 62 energy.
Xdaamno: Xdaamno is left with 100 energy.
Bio-Drone: The Bio-Drone is left with 50 energy.
Magnetic Shield Drone: The Magnetic Shield Drone's shields are trespassed with 20 of the 75 energy allocated to attack it, and it's energy is depleted to -35 from the difference.

I'll change the table
If I've made any mistakes, please tell me, I didn't spend much time calculating this.
Oh, and since it is too late to send in new commands, I'll tell you how you guys coulda defeated Netlava. The Magnetic Shield Drone had to be destroyed, which was a success, but Xelada had to attack Max for as much energy as possible without any shields (Well, only half his energy with no shields but it would have been more fun the other way), while Max arranged it in any way that would make him take at least 1 damage. This would cause Heat Seeking Counter Attack to launch an attack against him that would destroy the Xeladanopolis, and then Xelada could have Kamikaze target Netlava, destroying him. This works because damage from Heat Seeking Counter Attack must be calculated after the "normal" resolution phase because we have to find out if Max takes damage before any attacks are launched. Clear enough?
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (isolation #30) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:01 pm

Post by Zeofar »

Er, No. Round Two has not yet begun.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (isolation #31) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:18 am

Post by Zeofar »

Don't worry, I already knew what I was going to do when this kerfuffle started. I just don't have quite enough time to do it.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (isolation #32) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:26 pm

Post by Zeofar »

Well, I'm finally getting back to all my secondary stuff after the move, so I'll be able to get this back on track. Sorry that it took this long, but the moving ending up being a huuge pain.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (isolation #33) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:39 pm

Post by Zeofar »

Ugh.. Even up to now I planned to at least do some flavor text but at this point I'm sure whoever still even wants to play this game wants to get this over with. So, I'll forgo the unnecessary 90%.

"Captain, the energy remaining after that explosion is minimal.

"Never mind that! It does not matter!

"Assign all energy to the A.T. fields."

"Captian! That tactic is not sustainable!"

"..... Just do it.."

A large white light is emitted from a small device tethered to MASS CARRIERS.

Most other ships: "Raise shields!"

The light dwindles. Inside MASS CARRIERS communication link is opened to the homeplanet.
"Admiral, the mission was a success."
"Return immediately".

As the ship slowly begins accelerating towards the Sel'Natha origin system, the rest of the combatants seem to hang dully in a frozen state.

40 years later:
[/i]"The final wave of emigration is leaving in only moments."
"Good, set the ring to deactivate when we have left the galaxy."[/i]

Having transcended dealings with this uncivilized galaxy, the Sel'Natha have survived as a race, and won this game.
As they finally exit from the galaxy's outer limits The Device and all its components are destroyed, returning time to a proper flow. Despite the disappearance of MASS CARRIERS and slight nausea in some, the fight is exactly as it was at the moment The Device was activated.

So, there you go. Kind of sucky writing, but that seems to be the trend in here. If I ever run another Rumble game with flavor text, I need to carry a pen and paper at all times to write down my ideas.
And with this, Round Two (Unofficially) begins.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (isolation #34) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by Zeofar »

Iron Man technically won, but I played with the meaning of winning to allow the game to continue. Basically, his peoples froze time, readied their civilization for mass immigration, and then left the galaxy. Wasn't too clear, was it? It does diminish from his win quite a bit, but at least not as much as saying "We're gonna ignore that."
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (isolation #35) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:16 am

Post by Zeofar »

I've updated it now. In that other post, I made an error - Cybele was supposed to have 80 energy, not 77

Return to “Social Game Archive”