The Amazing Race MS Edition (And we are back)

Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

The Amazing Race MS Edition (And we are back)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:58 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Welcome to the Amazing Race Mafiascum!

Each player who applies must submit a team of two players who you will be controlling. Have fun making the teams based on yourself, people you know, or just people that you would like to meet.

You must submit an application with the following information. I am planning on a 12 team race, but may make it more if enough intrest is shown.

This will be partially based on luck, as we all know is a factor in the real race. You can construct your characters to be ideal racers in your mind though.

Application

Team members and relation

Navigation Skills – 150 points allotted for team

Map Reading – Decreases chance of getting lost in populated area
Intuition – Decreases chance of getting lost in rural area
Driving Speed – Decreases amount of time to travel, adds chance for law enforcement tickets (penalties)

Foreign Languages – Choose two for team

Spanish – Decreases chance of getting lost in taxi in Spanish speaking countries, Increases chance of receiving correct directions in Spanish speaking countries
French – Decreases chance of getting lost in taxi in French speaking countries, Increases chance of receiving correct directions in French speaking countries
Italian – Decreases chance of getting lost in taxi in Italian speaking countries, Increases chance of receiving correct directions in Italian speaking countries
Chinese – Decreases chance of getting lost in taxi in Chinese speaking countries, Increases chance of receiving correct directions in Chinese speaking countries
Japanese – Decreases chance of getting lost in taxi in Japanese speaking countries, Increases chance of receiving correct directions in Japanese speaking countries
German – Decreases chance of getting lost in taxi in German speaking countries, Increases chance of receiving correct directions in German speaking countries
Russian – Decreases chance of getting lost in taxi in Russian speaking countries, Increases chance of receiving correct directions in Russian speaking countries

Conquering Fears – 150 Points (for each member)

Heights – Increases speed of completing tasks with heights
Animals – Increases speed of finishing tasks with animals
Stomach – Increases speed of completing tasks with food

Skills – 300 points (for each member)

Strength – Increases Speed of finishing tasks using strength
Speed – Increases speed of finishing tasks using speed
Dexterity – Increases speed of finishing tasks using dexterity
Intelligence – Increases speed of finishing tasks using intelligence
Memory – Increases speed of finishing tasks using memory
Artistic – Increases speed of finishing tasks based on art
Sports – Increases speed of finishing tasks based on sports
Aquatics - Increases speed of finishing tasks in or on the water

Example Application

Joe and Steve - College Roommates/Jocks

Navagation Skills

Map Reading - 75
Intuition - 30
Driving Speed - 45

Languages

German and Russian

Joe
Fears
- Heights 80
- Animals 10
- Stomach 60

Skills
- Strength 95
- Speed 30
- Dexterity 40
- Intelignece 25
- Memory 10
- Artistic 0
- Sports 70
- Aquatics 30

Steve
Fears
- Heights 30
- Animals 100
- Stomach 20

Skills
- Strength 100
- Speed 70
- Dexterity 30
- Inteligence 0
- Memory 0
- Artistic 10
- Sports 70
- Aquatics 20

Other Things

There will be a break starting December 20th that will go untill the start of the new year. If it becomes apparent that it will need to start earlier or end later, I will do so as needed.

Being active is very necessary. There will be small time pentalties that gradually increase for teams that do not submit actions quickly. I reccomend the ability to check your messages at least once per day, two or three should suffice.

I will not reveal who is what team. If you wish to post and say who you are, feel free to in the thread.

Money will not be factored into the race.

Luck will be a part of the race, although building a good team, and choosing the right people to do the right tasks should overcome even the worst luck.

Standings will be revealed at every plane trip, and every pitstop.

Timezones will not be entirely realistic, but there is a 24 hour clock running so some things may be closed at certain times.

Legs are expected to take three real time days to finish, this will vary depending on how active players are.

PM me any questions you have, and I will post any I can answer in the thread.

Signups will be taken untill ~11:59PM EST, December 10th
Last edited by Phil Keoghan on Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:27 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:51 am

Post by Phil Keoghan »

At most there will be sixteen teams in this race.

As of this post, I have recieved seven applications.

As a tiebreaker

In the
highly
unlikely occasion that two teams arrive at the same place at the same time, the tiebreaker will be decided by the following

1) Guess of next location - At the pitstop of each leg of the race, each time will guess where they are going next. The tiebreak order will be who is closest in miles to the correct location

2) Who had the least ammount of time penalties

3) Who was in the lead at the last check in
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

We are up to nine racers. Only seven spots maximum left.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

We now have eleven racers.

Q: Do we need to find a partner?

A: You controll both members of your team. In my example, I would choose when to ask for directions, when to do what detour, and to send which player to which roadblock.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:05 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

As of now there are thirteen teams ready to race (this means I will add in a new twist), and one team is tenative right now. I have submitted an acceptance plus a time tiebreaker to all of the applicants. At this rate the first leg may start around this time tomorrow night.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:53 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Q: What are we required to do each day after we register and how will road blocks work?

A: You will recieve clues (Route Info etc). From there you can choose to ask for directions, and in some cases, what type of transportation to take even to get to your next destination. When you reach another clue, you will be presented with other choices, such as which task is better to take given your team, and who to send of specific tasks. There is going to be a three minute penalty for each hour it takes a team to respond from when I send them a clue. I will attempt to send clues as "around the clock" as I can, so timezones arent a disadvantage.

You will recieve the first part of the roadblock as a question as on the show. Who ______? You will choose which person should complete the task, and given their skills, it will take a certain ammount of time mixed on the numbers for the most part, and at times a small ammount of luck.

An example could be - Roadblock: Who has the Wright stuff? Given that its "Wright" as in the Wright brothers, you would likely want to send whoever performs better at heights.

Given the ammount of intrest that is being shown, I will up the maximum ammount of teams to 18. This will also allow me time to polish up my revisions that having more then 12 teams gave me.

As of now there are 13 teams registered, and two tenative teams.

From this point on, please include a guess for the first foreign city you will visit. The race will start in Seattle, Washington.
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10013]The Amazing Race - Mafiascum Edition[/url] - Meet the Players
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #6 (isolation #6) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:29 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

We have seventeen racers ready to go! I have to say this type of participation I never expected guys. One spot is left.

Also I must say its very funny that with nine first cities guessed there are two duplicate ones. For the first leg, in the case of a duplicate, the tiebreak will be who submitted their guess first.
Last edited by Phil Keoghan on Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10013]The Amazing Race - Mafiascum Edition[/url] - Meet the Players
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #7 (isolation #7) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:37 am

Post by Phil Keoghan »

There is still one place left open. I also still need a city guess from two teams.

The race will begin (very close to depending on my proximity to a computer) 11:59PM EST, December 10th. Once all the teams have submitted all necessary information, I will unlock the thread where people can mingle, form alliances and stratigize.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #8 (isolation #8) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

The Amazing Race - Mafiascum Edition is officially full.

Once I get the last guess for inital city, I will unlock the thread
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #9 (isolation #9) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:46 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

I am standing here at the Space Needle, in Seattle, Washington.

From this location, an unprecidented eighteen teams will embark in a race around the world. They will experiance new places, try new things, and have new lifelong memories. The team are:

Vincent and Will
- Business Partners

Zazie and Chao
- High School Friends

Gibbler and Kyriake Sige
- Made by the Same Hand

Albert and Walter
- Twins, separated at birth

Boris and Vladimir
- Conjoined Twins

Ryan and Kyle
- Brothers

Starr and Dallas
- Cute Couple

Shannon and Shanon
- Married Couple

Matt and Nabil
- Band Members

Cedric and Claudia
- Young Newlyweds

Sara and Edward
- Aspiring Authors

Denise and Eric
- Mother and Son

Dylan and Grace
- Engaged

Jack and Tori
- Dating

Chris and Kevin
- Brothers

George Michael Bluth and Mabye Funke
- Cousins

TK and Rachel
- Dating Modles/Actors

and finally

George and Lennie
- Classmates

Teams may discuss ideas, strategies and just mingle. The race is poised to start at 11:59PM EST on December 10th, just over 48 hours.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #31 (isolation #10) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:51 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Some Racing Music for you to enjoy as you set off on your journey
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #45 (isolation #11) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Rules Edit!

For every hour that elapses after I send you a clue and before I recieve a response is a one minute penalty, added immediately as "deliberation" time. If you do not respond for 24 hours, an additonal 30 minute penalty is added to your time, also added immediately.

If you took 5:39 to respond to a clue, you would be penalized five minutes. If you took 25:01, you would be penalized 25 minutes + 30 minutes for a total of 55 minutes.

This rule was designed to punish flakers and other people delaying what is supposed to be a game that finishes a leg about every three days. Given some peoples timezones, it would put them at too much of a disadvantage.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #50 (isolation #12) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Phil lives in PST so it is 3:55 in the afternoon for him right now.

The mod has recently learned that his alter ego's soccer team made playoffs which is schedueled to start an hour after the race does, so there may not be a lot clues given out past the inital route info one.

Rules Clarification

Route Info

Apon recieving route info, you will know how many miles it is to your next destination, and what type of transportation, or choice of which, is available. When you have made up your mind, you will respond with what type of transportation you are taking if there is a choice, and if you are going to take time to ask for directions. I will always assume you take the first schedueled plane/train/ferry to arrive.

Rules Clarification

My current workload is heavy with classes, so late was the only time I could be mostly assured to be near the computer less you guys really want a 3-5AM EST start time. That is why I bumped it to one minute/hour time delay. I will attempt to send clues around the clock though as the game progresses, to not disadvantage a timezone.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #53 (isolation #13) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

farside22 wrote:clues around the clock seem fair. Also will this game be like the real amazing race where the races have a 24 hour rest period and get the clues in the order they are on the mat?
There of course will be times I am asleep no matter what (usually 5-10AM EST), but I try and spread clues over the clock as much as I can.

After the first leg finishes I will decide how to distribute leg 2 clues. At this point the master plan has me passing them all out at once, but just logging what each teams "wristwatch" says. So while I may pass out all the clues at noon my time, the times of teams A B and C may be 1AM, 3:30AM and 5 AM respectively. This will just make the race go a little faster. If flaws come up I will fix them as needed. Season one always has little glitches.

I have my excel sheet with times/stats/teams all prettied up though so I think giving mass clues at once shouldnt be a problem.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #55 (isolation #14) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:15 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

I will
try
to remember to include a time that each clue is given to a team in the clue. The debate of "who did we see on the plane/boat/roadblock?" has crossed my mind, but would be difficult to manage given that a team may arrive in game earlier then another, while irl they are a few hours later in giving me a reponse.

At all planes will be a
very
temporary pause so I can break down who maganged to buy what ticket/catch what plane and I will post who is on what plane. At yields I will also do a temporary pause, however, the order of rankings will not be published there, only your current position in the pack.

The third place where you can learn your ranking is when you take a charter/departure time. This will also reveal who is on the same plane/boat as you.

All legs will have at least one of these occurances, and most legs will have two.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #57 (isolation #15) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Roadblock sightings will likely not be possible untill the field is cut to about the final eight due to having so many people. Times on the mat and order will all be publicized in "Episode Reacaps" that will reveal the final order of teams, times and maybe have a little bit of flavor if finals arent kicking my ass too much next week.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #60 (isolation #16) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:02 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

animorpherv1 wrote:Half the contestants will be finished before I can even start.
One hour of response delay is one a one minute penalty. As long as you respond in the first 24 hours, there should be no problem staying with the pack.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #62 (isolation #17) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

I am planning on a temporary break from December 20th to sometime in the early New Year. I plan on an activity check on the first to see who is around, will resume on the 7th at the very latest, although I hope to start sooner.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #68 (isolation #18) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

The race will begin in about three hours.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #72 (isolation #19) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

muffinhead wrote:@phil- What will happen if we go on v/la. In late January I will be going on holidays and wont have acces to computer for 5 days if im still in the race by then.
If someone needs to disappear for a few days during the race, you can get someone to cover for you and send in choices in the meantime (I would advise someone you trust to be active, and send them character stats). If the game moves at the rate I hope it does though, late January we should be down to the final five or less. If its very close to the final, I may just pause the game as to not disadvantage anything you are planning.

Race starts in a few minutes
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #73 (isolation #20) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:02 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

From Seattle, Washington, eighteen teams of two are about to embark on a race around the world.

On your marks

Get set

Go
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #75 (isolation #21) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

First clue sent

If for any reason you did not recieve one, please tell me ASAP so I can get one out tonight
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #79 (isolation #22) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:31 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Teams begin to arrive at the airport...

Phil's Notes

I will reply to you with the time you arrive (and if you got lost), but I can not confirm what flight you are on untill I have a response from all teams, or it becomes impossible for remaining teams to make a certain event.

In the first 20 minutes I had eight responses though.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #82 (isolation #23) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:38 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

FAQ

Q: Can I buy tickets?

A: Given that teams that have not submitted a response yet could technically arrive before some teams, I will not sell/give out tickets yet.

I also will always assume you buy the best ticket possible. Once every team has reached the airport, or can not physically reach in time to buy tickets for the first flight, the flight will depart.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #84 (isolation #24) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:46 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Given that some teams have not submitted a choice yet I will not given that it may give them an advantage. Normally I include a mileage between destinations so teams have a bit of an idea what they are looking at in driving times. There was supposed to be one in the clue but the copy/paste missed it.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #86 (isolation #25) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:48 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Cybele wrote:I assume we started at 12:00, right?
That is correct
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #88 (isolation #26) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:55 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Did you know that?

The official language of Haiti is French and Creole

Now you know!
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #95 (isolation #27) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:08 am

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Updates coming after todays classes. By that time I should have down who is on what plane.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #97 (isolation #28) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:17 am

Post by Phil Keoghan »

I still am waiting for two responses, in my last class right now, have a few other things to take care of, and updates will come.

When I get back to the room the planes will leave.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #98 (isolation #29) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:45 am

Post by Phil Keoghan »

All actions recieved. Expect an update and new clues in about three hours
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #100 (isolation #30) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:08 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

All teams are now traveling from Seattle, Washington, to Port-au-Prince Haiti.

The first plane, which will arrive at 1:30 AM, carries George Michael Bluth and Mabye Funke, Shannon and Shanon, Zazie and Chao, Boris and Vladimir, Matt and Nabil, Albert and Walter, and Starr and Dallas.

The second plane, which will arrive at 3:20 AM, carries Gibbler and Kyriake Sige, Ryan and Kyle, Chris and Kevin, Cedric and Claudia, Jack and Tori, Dylan and Grace, Vincent and Will, Sara and Edward, George and Lennie, Denise and Eric, and TK and Rachel.

Clues going out
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #101 (isolation #31) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:15 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Clues sent out. If you did not recieve a clue, please tell me ASAP.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #108 (isolation #32) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

overload of responses... bear with me
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #116 (isolation #33) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Cephrir wrote:I don't think I'm going to last too long at the rate everyone else seems to do this O.o
I feel the same way.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #119 (isolation #34) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

I need to give up for a few hours. Will be back later and send out another round of clues.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #134 (isolation #35) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:18 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Making a final run of actions for the night. I must say the activity in this game is quite overwhelming.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #148 (isolation #36) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:09 am

Post by Phil Keoghan »

I log on and have 14 messages... I
hate
love you all

To clarify - Untill there is a point that all teams need to be present for, I will continue to send actions. This prevents one team from slowing up the entire game. In some legs it is entirely possible for a team to reach the pitstop while a second team is at the detour, but the team at the detour still come in ahead of the first timewise.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #151 (isolation #37) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:45 am

Post by Phil Keoghan »

I am not entirely sure when the next leg will start, it will depend on when this one finishes though so I have an accurate idea of how long they will start. If this leg goes fast, then maybe I will try for a second before the holidays. If not it will be in the new year sometime
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #161 (isolation #38) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:11 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Attempting to send out everything right now
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #162 (isolation #39) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

All caught up (I think), if I missed anything please tell me ASAP.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #196 (isolation #40) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

There are still two teams racing.

Given how much more time then I expected this is taking up, the second leg will almost definantly not start untill the new year. I have finals starting monday, then I leave starting the next monday for a week. I doubt that I would be able to devote enough time to get the game going at a good clip untill after then.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #199 (isolation #41) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:20 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

muffinhead wrote::( thats a pity, surly it wouldnt take a week to go through a second leg. But oh well.
Finals are going to be more important then normal for me. I have a 3.1 going into them and depending on how I do that comes out anywhere from 2.5 to 3.4... plus this took more time then anticipated.

I had to process about 80 actions, tweak a few setups given the ammount of teams and I think send over 120 PMs. Its time consuming yo.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #203 (isolation #42) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:47 am

Post by Phil Keoghan »

One team left racing. When they finish I will write up the episode recap and all that jazz. I would expect that monday or tuesday
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #205 (isolation #43) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:49 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

farside22 wrote:
Phil Keoghan wrote:One team left racing. When they finish I will write up the episode recap and all that jazz. I would expect that monday or tuesday
Has the team received a prod or was one needed?
They informed me of a temporary V/LA and had a sub take over a few actions, they only need to send me one more action and this leg will be over.

Depending on when I get that action I may write up a scene as a study break from trying to do line integrals and space curves.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #206 (isolation #44) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:57 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Every team has checked in. I will make up the pitstop secne late tonight, or at latest sometime tomorrow afternoon.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #208 (isolation #45) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:57 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Previously on the Amazing Race

Eighteen teams set out from Seattle, Washington on a race around the world. In a mad dash to the ticket counter, George Michael and Mabye, along with Shannon and Shanon established themselves as the frontrunners, with models TK and Rachel getting themselves quite lost.

Team traveled to Port-au-Prince, Haiti on two separate flights arriving nearly two hours apart from each other. At the detour, Matt and Nabil took a commanding lead with TK and Rachel as well as Jack and Tori falling far behind the rest of the pack.

At the roadblock, a closed national landmark allowed all the teams on the first plane to catch up to each other again. Teams also learned that for the first time in the history of the race, three teams would be eliminated in the first leg. Mabye, Shanon and Dallas got to show off their physical abilities early, leaving weaker racers like Nabil and Zazie in the dust. As the second plane began to show up at the roadblock, TK made up massive ground for the teams early problems, allowing them to finish almost as soon as they started. Meanwhile Eric and George found the task nearly impossible, struggling to get the job done.

Now we join Phil on the mat….

Looking off into the distance, he sees a team running toward him, and together, they jump on the mat.

George Michael and Maybe
… you are team number one!

After a bit of a wait, another team can be seen coming in the distance

Dallas and Starr
… you are team number two.

As Phil is discussing the normal post-leg gibberish that you wont be bored with (unless someone really wants it) another team arrives

Shannon and Shanon
, you are team number three

Another decent sized break goes by before Phil sees two teams coming at nearly the exact same time

Albert and Walter, Boris and Vladimir
, you are teams number four and five.

Not too long after that meanders in yet another team

Zazie and Chao
, you are team number six.

In the distance comes another cluster of teams

Matt and Nabil
, you are team number seven
Vincent and Will, TK and Rachel
, you are team number eight and nine

All the teams finish their post leg discussion and Phil waits around for a few more minutes before the next team shows up

Chris and Kevin,
you are team number ten

A few minutes later rolls in

Sara and Edward
, you are team number eleven

A long time passes, Phil looks at his watch which has now passed ten in the morning. Finally a trio of teams appears on the horizon as Phil welcomes them to the pitstop

Cedric and Claudia,
you are team number twelve
Ryan and Kyle,
you are team number thirteen
Dylan and Grace,
you are team number fourteen.

There are four teams left racing, and only one more will be able to continue on. Who will it be? *cut to film of George and Lennie, Eric and Denise, Gibbler and Kyriake, Jack and Tori all in taxis*

Finally one of the teams shows up running to the mat.

And

It is

Gibbler and Kyriake Sige
, you are team number fifteen, you are still in the race.

They celebrate, as Phil waits for the last three teams

George and Lennie, Jack and Tori, Denise and Eric.
I am sorry to tell you that you all have been eliminated from the Amazing Race.

****After my final tomorrow I will post the exact time everyone showed up.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #227 (isolation #46) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

1st - George Michael and Mabye - 8:22 AM
2nd - Dallas and Starr - 8:36 AM
3rd - Shannon and Shanon - 8:39 AM
4th - Albert and Walter - 9:10 AM
5th - Boris and Vladimir - 9:11 AM
6th - Zazie and Chao - 9:15 AM
7th - Matt and Nabil - 9:22 AM
8th - Vincent and Will - 9:24 AM
8th - TK and Rachel - 9:24 AM
10th - Chris and Kevin - 9:35 AM
11th - Sara and Edward - 9:37 AM
12th - Cedric and Claudia - 10:06 AM
13th - Ryan and Kyle - 10:07 AM
14th - Dylan and Grace - 10:08 AM
15th - Gibbler and Kyriake Sige - 10:15 AM
---cut off line---
16th - George and Lennie - 10:32 AM
17th - Jack and Tori - 10:44 AM
18th - Eric and Denise - 11:28 AM

***Second leg will start in early January. If everyone could please send me the
earliest
they can start after the New Year. I will resume by the 7th at the very latest regardless though and just have a sub run your team. If everyone is available sooner though I wont delay it.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #232 (isolation #47) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:51 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Fuzzyman wrote:Edit: Also, did TK and Rachel guess the exact same place for the next destination?
The teams arrived at the identical time so I put them tied for eighth place. Vincent and Will had the tiebreak advantage though, and would of been put ahead if it was needed.

***Fast Fact***

Only one team was within 1000 miles of Port-au-Prince in the first leg, while three teams were over 8000 miles away.

It is looking like the tenative start time for leg 2 is January 5th
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #236 (isolation #48) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Resume date will very likely be ~3:00 AM EST January 5th. (8:00 AM GMT I think)
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #238 (isolation #49) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:52 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #243 (isolation #50) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

I have just sent an activity check to make sure everyone wants to continue.

I need one temporary replacement for the second leg, first one to send me a PM gets the spot.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #250 (isolation #51) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:57 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Fuzzyman wrote:Five hours until resumation. I'm personally ready to roll.

Also, PHIL KEOGHAN IS A LLAMAFLUFF ALT!?!?!?!
I thought we all just agreed Llama is a psychic and a sexy one at that.

Anyways

Welcome to the second leg of the amazing race

Fifteen teams are about to leave Port-au-Prince, Haiti to an unknown destination. All they will be able to rely on are their skills as they compete for the top prize, a spot on the wiki page.

I still need one temporary replacement for this leg of the race.

Also I do not know how much I will be able to update tonight, but I will TRY and get any sent in actions responded to before I get some sleep.

Clues going out in about 5-10 minutes.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #251 (isolation #52) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:05 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

To save myself time of inserting fifteen different times for the exact same information, teams will start at the following times

1st - George Michael and Mabye - 8:22 PM
2nd - Dallas and Starr - 8:36 PM
3rd - Shannon and Shanon - 8:39 PM
4th - Albert and Walter - 9:10 PM
5th - Boris and Vladimir - 9:11 PM
6th - Zazie and Chao - 9:15 PM
7th - Matt and Nabil - 9:22 PM
8th - Vincent and Will - 9:24 PM
8th - TK and Rachel - 9:24 PM
10th - Chris and Kevin - 9:35 PM
11th - Sara and Edward - 9:37 PM
12th - Cedric and Claudia - 10:06 PM
13th - Ryan and Kyle - 10:07 PM
14th - Dylan and Grace - 10:08 PM
15th - Gibbler and Kyriake Sige - 10:15 PM
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #252 (isolation #53) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:09 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

The second leg as offically begun, now to leave for a few minutes and hope I dont have a overflowing inbox when I return
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #255 (isolation #54) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:33 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED

There is a spot on this leg of the race where all teams must be present for the race to continue. At least one team has reached this place.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #260 (isolation #55) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:31 am

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Working on distributing clues now, patience is a virtue.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #261 (isolation #56) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

I am still doing clues, and I still need a temporary replacement for one team.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #278 (isolation #57) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Making an attempt to catch up now. Clues that arent route info always take longer given that I have to take more things into account.

Now that ive got done cleaning up dog puke, in my bedroom *shudder*, time to make a run at the rest of my inbox
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #281 (isolation #58) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:29 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Okay... most teams are somewhat close to the point I will need all teams to be at in order to continue. There are eight teams not there yet, and about half of them have recieved the clue refrencing the stop. I would expect Friday at the latest to be handing out the next batch of clues.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #284 (isolation #59) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:47 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

LlamaFluff wrote:
ShadowLurker wrote:a 75 driving speed puts you at 60 mph. so that means over a 220 mile drive (which by the way rarely happens on the race maybe only once a season; the maximum they are driving at one time without doing a task is usually like two hours) is only making up ~45 minutes.
The time difference is never this big, a team that was 0/0/150 compared to 150/0/0 would at very most gain 50 minutes, and have a very high chance (at least 60%) of losing most to all of that lead in getting lost. For example in route info 2 I would expect a 0/0/150 to get the next destination about 15 minutes ahead of 150/0/0

If anyone really really really wants to change stats I will let them. The teams with low sense of direction and high speed more more swingy though to apply it in mafia terms. They can come from behind easier, but also have a much higher chance of busting out on getting lost (which occured in the first leg).

This is the only three bunching spot I have in the race right now through leg 8. Bunch 3 was made to break up bunch 2 a little and give bunch 1 straggles a reprive. No one likes a leg that is over by the first flight.
Hey now, I was supposed to say that
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #292 (isolation #60) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:13 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

ShadowLurker wrote:post in thread when you send out ferry clues plz
Still three teams headed to the bunch point. They will have an effect on the game, so I can not force move them. I am expecting the clues to go out Sunday, but it will really matter on how fast people get the last few messages in.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #293 (isolation #61) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

I need information from one more team before the next bunch of clues can be sent out. If I get that information in the next six hours, the clues should go out at noon PST tomorrow. If I do not the race will start after classes (~3 PM EST) Monday.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #294 (isolation #62) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:59 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

The next batch of clues will go out around 3PM, PST on Monday.

Also if anyone not in the game wants to be a co-mod that I can discuss a few things I am realizing that need tweaking with I would be greatly obliged
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #295 (isolation #63) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:31 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Last time on The Amazing Race: Fifteen teams set out from Port-au-Prince, Haiti, going to Cuzco, Peru. In a mad dash to catch an early flight, George and Maybe, TK and Rachel and Shannon and Shanon appeared to be the only teams who would be on the first flight out of the airport, until right before the flight took off, when Matt and Nabil, and Starr and Dallas showed up and managed to grab tickets. Later on, Dylan and Grace took a wrong turn while headed to the airport, followed by many more wrong turns getting themselves hopelessly lost, eventually falling into dead last as the only team to be on the last flight.

After landing in Peru, teams were to drive to the shore of Lake Titicaca, where they would board a ferry. Shannon and Shanon, as well as Starr and Dallas arrived in plenty of time to board the 8 AM ferry, the earliest any team would catch. Right before the ferry would leave, George and Maybe, and Matt and Nabil managed to grab a seat, leaving TK and Rachel stranded on shore until the next ferry would arrive.

On the island, teams had to either tackle shearing wooly Alpacas, or sell a wooly blankets. While Shannon and Shanon, and Matt and Nabil picked up the razors, George and Maybe, and Starr and Dallas went off to test their salesmen skills. Dallas and Starrs Spanish speaking paid off and were the first to be informed that they would be camping overnight on the island, before leaving in three groups of five the next morning.

After arriving on the island an hour behind the first four teams by themselves, TK and Rachel easily completed their task, and joined the other four teams to wrap up the earliest departure time available.

In a mad dash to the ferries from the second flight, every team managed to catch it. Even with Sara and Edward, as well as Albert and Walter cutting it close. At the detour, Albert and Walter, and Boris and Vladimir made quick work on Alpaca shearing and easily grabbed the first two tickets on the second ferry. Despite quite a bit of squealing from Claudia, and Cedric managing to seemingly cut himself more often then the Alpaca, they managed to grab a ticket on the second ferry, and soon were joined by Sara and Edward, and Chris and Kevin, also both arriving from Shear it.

The Alpacas also led to the meltdown of Will, as Vincent could only look on as teams came and left. At Sell it, Kyriake and Gibbler ran into major language barriers, and watched as Zazie and Chao, and Ryan and Kyle passed them up. Ultimately they all ended up on the final ferry though, accompanied by the straggling Dylan and Grace.

Ferries will carry (this is in arrival order)

Ferry 1
Dallas and Starr
Shannon and Shanon
Matt and Nabil
George and Maybe
TK and Rachel

Ferry 2
Albert and Walter
Boris and Vladimir
Sara and Edward
Cedric and Claudia
Chris and Kevin

Ferry 3
Ryan and Kyle
Zazie and Chao
Kyriake and Gibbler
Vincent and Will
Dylan and Grace

Clues will go out around 3PM EST tomorrow.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #311 (isolation #64) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:07 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Fuzzyman wrote::shock: I got off of the ferry at 10:30.

Also, Phil, the fact that your post 295 was timestamped on Monday led me to believe that when you said clues were going out, "tomorrow", you were referring to Tuesday.
Remember that I live in PST, the post was at 10:30 that night for me. I tend to forget that once it gets to 9 here most of the world is on the next day
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #314 (isolation #65) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Waiting on one more team to wrap up the leg
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #315 (isolation #66) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:39 am

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Updates tonight, first week of classes was a bitch.

Who will stay? Who will go? Are there any twists at the pitstop? Only time will tell.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #316 (isolation #67) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:22 am

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Previously on the Amazing Race; fifteen teams set out from an overnight came on Lake Titicaca Peru, traveling to the city of Ica. The teams were divided into three groups of five, leaving an hour apart from each other.

The first ferry leaving the island carried Dallas and Star, George and Maybe, Shannon and Shanon, TK and Rachel and Matt and Nabil. In the race to Ica, George and Maybe fell behind early, getting slightly lost on the way to their next clue. At the detour, teams had to taste test, and memorize the flavors of several types of Pisco, which is a type of Brandy native to Peru. Quickly Rachel and Shanon started to match up the tastes, while Dallas and Star, and Matt and Nabil fell behind, as George and Maybe started to catch up to the group.

In a close race to the pitstop, it was Shannon and Shanon who took first place, leaving TK and Rachel to pick up second place. In a turn of events, Maybe quickly completed the roadblock, leaving a dumbfounded Starr and Matt looking on as they took third place, despite arriving more then ten minutes later then any other team to the roadblock. Dallas and Starr eventually claimed fourth place, leaving Matt and Nabil in fifth.

The second ferry carried Boris and Vladimir, Albert and Walter, Chris and Kevin, Cedric and Claudia and Sara and Edward. In a tight race to the roadblock, all the teams arrived in a very close times span, which made the roadblock the ultimate decider of rankings. In a race for sixth that quickly turned into Sara and Vladimir, Sara managed to edge out the competition, taking sixth place, while leaving Boris and Vladimir in seventh. They were followed closely by Chris and Kevin. In a tight race for ninth, Albert edged out Grace.

The final ferry had Vincent and Will, Grace and Dylan, Gibbler and Kyriake, Zazie and Chao and Ryan and Kyle. At the pitstop, Vincent and Grace quickly emerged as the front runners, easily taking a respective eleventh and twelfth. Meanwhile Chao stayed at a more constant speed and took thirteenth. The remaining contestants both ran into brick walls. Gibbler could not work out the roadblock, at all, and try after try left Kyriake nothing to do but look on as other teams finished and checked in. Ryan and Kyle however succumbed to a case of narcolepsy. Would this even matter though, as an undisclosed amount of teams were about to be eliminated.

In fifteenth place

Phil walked up to the group
still sleeping

Ryan and Kyle
, you are the last team to arrive, and have been eliminated from the race.

That means that a little bit earlier the following happened.

Gibbler and Kyriake, you are the fourteen team to arrive…..

I am however pleased to tell you that you have not been eliminated from the race. There is a downside though, you have been marked for elimination. If you do not come in first in the next leg, you will incur a 30 minute penalty at the mat. Good luck

Time sheets up a little later today
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #317 (isolation #68) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:50 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Shannon and Shanon - 10:02 AM
TK and Rachel - 10:09 AM
George and Maybe - 10:14 AM
Dallas and Starr - 10:22 AM
Matt and Nabil - 10:29 AM
Sara and Edward - 11:01 AM
Boris and Vladimir - 11:11 AM
Chris and Kevin - 11:17 AM
Albert and Walter - 11:22 AM
Cedric and Claudia - 11:41 AM
Vincent and Will - 12:06 PM
Dylan and Grace - 12:14 PM
Zazie and Chao - 12:19 PM
Gibbler and Kyriake - 1:01 PM - Marked for elimination
Ryan and Kyle - DNF - Eliminated in 15th place
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #321 (isolation #69) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:28 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Doing my best to catch up on clues as much as possible for the next half hour. Life is getting tag teamed by ODE, Material Sci and aquatic chem right now.

**Edit**
I took the cheap way out and just mass PMed the second flight since most people are on that one. If you responded to Clue 3.0 and dont have a Clue 3.1 please let me know ASAP.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #322 (isolation #70) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Updated again, should be able to finish this leg during the weekend if people are active then
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #323 (isolation #71) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:50 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Nearly every team has hit the stopping point where I need people present to continue. These teams have had a PM in their inbox for quite some time now and will dropped to the lowest spots by force if they have not picked up their clues by around this time tomorrow.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #337 (isolation #72) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:49 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Classes are crushing me right now... so flavorless finish. Next leg most likely starts after my midterms friday

Shannon and Shanon 1:49 PM
George and Maybe 1:51 PM
TK and Rachel 2:00 PM
Matt and Nabil 2:03 PM
Starr and Dallas 2:04 PM
Chris and Kevin 4:39 PM
Boris and Vladimir 4:42 PM
Albert and Walter 4:43 PM
Vincent and Will 4:48 PM
Sara and Edward 4:59 PM
Dylan and Grace 5:04 PM
Cedric and Claudia 5:11 PM
Zazie and Chao 5:18 PM

That means elminated is

Gibbler and Kyriake 5:21 PM

At the yield Gibbler and Kyriake attempted to yeild George and Maybe. This failed due to George and Maybe having arrived at the pitstop first
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #349 (isolation #73) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:30 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

And we are back. First clue sent, if you didnt get it tell me and I will get it to you tomorrow, sleep now though.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #352 (isolation #74) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:58 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Last time on the Amazing Race

Eleven teams set out from Indonesia, headed for the African island country of Madacascar.

In a race to catch an early plane, the leading pack of six was broken up, creating three distinctive groups on the flights. The earliest flight held Chris and Kevin, Matt and Nabil, TK and Rachel, and Shannon and Shanon. This ment that Starr and Dallas, and George and Maybe had to settle for their own flight later in the day, but still before the remaining five teams took off.

On the ground, a race to get to a yield first caused Chris and Kevin, and Matt and Nabil to make a dash to a train station to get in prime position. Chris and Kevin managed to not only beat Matt and Nabil to the station, but also catch the earliest train, leaving Matt and Nabil alone at the train station, while the other two teams took a bus allowing them to arrive at the yield second and third.

At the yeild, Matt and Nabil decided to yield Dallas and Starr, before completing the roadblock. In this roadblock, teams had to do a skydive that would test their ability to deal with a fear of heights, which found Shannon and TK making up time.

In the lone battle for fifth and six, the yield allowed George and Maybe to break what had been a neck and neck battle between them and Dallas and Starr to take over fifth place.

In the second pack of racers, all teams arrived within five minutes of eachother, with Albert and Walter and Cedric and Claudia edging out the rest of the teams by taking the bus. This slight lead proved essential with team needed to take off ten minutes apart from eachother and the yield already used, forcing last place Zazie and Chao to wait over half an hour to get thier turn to jump.

Dylan picked up time for his team showing no fear of the jump, while Cedric had his share of problems with leaving the plane. Meanwhile things only got worse for last place Zazie and Chao with Zazie stalling for a long period of time in the air before an eventual jump.

A detour that forced teams to either hunt down items in a crowded market, or chow down on lizard found Matt and Nabil eating up gaining time on the rest of the teams, while Shannon and Shanon after a bad taxi ride continued to have bad luck, falling out of the top three.

In the tight race for the final five spots, Sara and Edward, and Cedirc and Claudia making good use of the locals to make up ground on the pack leader Albert and Walter. Dylan and Grace also found themselves somewhat lost in the market, as did Zazie and Chao.

Thanks to their early luck in catching the first train of the morning, Chris and Kevin came in first for the second leg in a row, arriving at 11:05 AM.

The battle for second though was a very close one. In second place at 11:40 AM was
TK and Rachel
, followed closely by
Matt and Nabil
at 11:48 AM, and
Shannon and Shanon
at 12:04 PM.

A predictable fifth and sixth place was claimed without major event by
George and Maybe
at 1:01 PM and
Dallas and Starr
at 1:43 PM.

The race for the final spots though was accented with seventh and ninth being only seven minutes apart from each other in time. Coming in seventh at 3:23 PM was
Cedric and Claudia
, followed by
Albert and Walter
at 3:29 PM, and
Sara and Edward
just a minute later at 3:30 PM.

In a battle for the final two spots had
Grace and Dylan
arriving in tenth at
3:37 PM
. This means that last place was
Zazie and Chao
who came in at
4:08 PM

Zazie and Chao

I am sorry to tell you, you are the last team to arrive

You have been eliminated from the race. Thank you for playing.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #353 (isolation #75) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:01 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Standings

1 - Chris and Kevin 11:05
2 - TK and Rachel 11:40
3 - Matt and Nabil 11:48
4 - Shannon and Shanon 12:04
5 - George and Maybe 1:01
6 - Dallas and Starr 1:43
7 - Cedric and Claudia 3:23
8 - Albert and Walter 3:29
9 - Sara and Edward 3:30
10 - Dylan and Grace 3:37
11 - Zazie and Chao 4:08 - eliminated
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #354 (isolation #76) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:02 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Not entirely sure when the next leg starts, I have a midterm friday so likely not untill after that.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #356 (isolation #77) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:44 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

Leg six go!
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #359 (isolation #78) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:09 am

Post by Phil Keoghan »

I just had a major computer crash and lost about everything I had for the leg in progress, so for the couple people finishing up, expect some delays.

**I think everything that was lost has been recovered. If anyone is missing a clue that needs one let me know ASAP. Now if you excuse me I need to go fire that one editor.
Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Phil Keoghan
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #360 (isolation #79) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by Phil Keoghan »

After landing in South Africa, teams had to join forces in an intersection. From the first flight, TK and Rachel, and Matt and Nabil, Dallas and Starr, and George and Maybe, and Shannon and Shanon, and Chris and Kevin joined together. From the second flight, Albert and Walter, and Dylan and Grace, and Sara and Edward, and Zazie and Chao hooked up.

At a detour where teams had to chose between studying photographs, or taking a dip with penguins, only Shannon and Shannon, and Chris and Kevin from the first flight went to go swim, as did Zazie and Chao, and Sara and Edward from the second flight. In the water, several near drownings involving Shannon and Edward occurred, setting both teams back quite a ways.

After arriving at the roadblock, teams learned that they were now separated, pitting former rivals against each other as the pitstop drew near. Arriving first to the roadblock, TK and Nabil battled in a task to make a nature reserve more green, by planting native shrubs. In a close contest, one team came away slightly on top.

In what turned in a battle for third place, Starr and George raced neck and neck through the process, as did Shanon and Kevin, duking it out for fifth place. In the second pack, Walter and Grace found themselves nearly on identical paces, trying to claim seventh.

Bringing up the rear was the plant off between Sara and Zazie, who quickly found the gap between the two separating, as the previous allies battled to stay out of last.

1st – TK and Rachel (9:14 AM)
2nd – Matt and Nabil (9:28 AM)
3rd – George and Maybe (9:45 AM)
4th – Dallas and Starr (9:55 AM)
5th – Shannon and Shanon (10:17 AM)
6th – Chris and Kevin (10:23 AM)
7th – Dylan and Grace (11:01 AM)
8th – Albert and Walter (11:07 AM)
9th – Sara and Edward (11:40 AM)
10th – Zazie and Chao (12:06 PM)

Zazie and Chao
I am sorry to tell you, you have been eliminated from the race.

Return to “Social Game Archive”