deterministic Big Brother: Mariyta wins the game!

Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

deterministic Big Brother: Mariyta wins the game!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:31 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Hi. I see there's already a Big Brother game going, but I wonder if there's interest in playing a second one.

I basically want to run one with no twists, and competitions decided by spending Influence Points. That means there will be hardly any randomness.

In HOH competitions you'd spend points to stop people from winning, and in POV competitions you'd spend points to assist someone in winning.

The only rule change I want to make (from Big Brother as currently played) is that all players may play for POV, except for the HOH, who can't play POV until the final
four
five. (Given the mechanics I'm proposing, I believe it would be way too easy for the HOH to win POV.)

Would anyone want to be /in for this? I'll paste the rules I've written in a subsequent post.

I'd shoot for around 12 players.

1. chamber
<- evicted Week 5
2. ChannelDelibird
<- evicted Week 2
3. ZeroSum
<- evicted Week 9
4. Save The Dragons
5. ShadowLurker
<- evicted Week 4
6. lordy
<- evicted Week 1
7. rolandofthewhite
repl. themanhimself
<- evicted Week 6
8. bird1111
<- evicted Week 7
9. Mariyta
10. yellowbounder
<- evicted Week 3
11. klebian
<- evicted Week 8
12. rajrhcpfreak

Week 1:
ZeroSum (2nd: chamber) wins HOH
ZeroSum nominates chamber and ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird (2nd: ShadowLurker) wins POV
ChannelDelibird vetoes his own nomination
ZeroSum nominates lordy
lordy is evicted 9-0

Week 2:
Mariyta (2nd: bird1111) wins HOH
Mariyta nominates ChannelDelibird and klebian
bird1111 (2nd: yellowbounder) wins POV
bird1111 does not use the POV
ChannelDelibird is evicted 5-3

Week 3:
chamber (2nd: bird1111) wins HOH
chamber nominates ZeroSum and Mariyta
klebian (2nd: rajrhcpfreak) wins POV
klebian vetoes ZeroSum
chamber nominates yellowbounder
yellowbounder is evicted 5-2

Week 4:
rajrhcpfreak (2nd: Save The Dragons) wins HOH
rajrhcpfreak nominates ZeroSum and klebian
Mariyta (2nd: ZeroSum) wins POV
Mariyta vetoes ZeroSum
rajrhcpfreak nominates ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker is evicted 5-1

Week 5:
klebian (2nd: ZeroSum) wins HOH
klebian nominates bird1111 and chamber
bird1111 (2nd: Mariyta) wins POV
bird1111 vetoes his own nomination
klebian nominates rolandofthewhite
chamber is evicted 4-1

Week 6:
ZeroSum (2nd: rajrhcpfreak) wins HOH
ZeroSum nominates rolandofthewhite and bird1111
rolandofthewhite modkilled

Week 7:
klebian (2nd: Mariyta) wins HOH
klebian nominates Mariyta and bird1111
rajrhcpfreak (2nd: Mariyta) wins POV
rajrhcpfreak does not use the POV
bird1111 is evicted 3-0

Week 8:
rajrhcpfreak (2nd: Save The Dragons) wins HOH
rajrhcpfreak nominates ZeroSum and klebian
ZeroSum (2nd: klebian) wins POV
ZeroSum vetoes his own nomination
rajrhcpfreak nominates Save The Dragons
klebian is evicted 1-1 plus tiebreaker

Week 9:
Mariyta (2nd: Save The Dragons) wins HOH
Mariyta nominates ZeroSum and Save The Dragons.
Mariyta (2nd: fill in later) wins POV
Mariyta does not use the POV
ZeroSum is evicted 1-0

Week 10:
rajrhcpfreak (2nd: Mariyta) wins HOH
rajrhcpfreak evicts Save The Dragons

Mariyta wins 5-2!
Last edited by Kelly Chen on Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:54 am, edited 63 times in total.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:32 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Rules:

Every game "week" consists of a Head of Household (HOH) competition; the nomination of two houseguests by the HOH; a Power of Veto (POV) competition; a Power of Veto ceremony where the HOH may be forced to replace one of the nominations; and a secret vote to determine which of the two nominees is evicted from the game permanently.

Private communication among players is allowed and encouraged at all times. (Talking in-thread is allowed and encouraged as well, of course.) Competition moves and votes to evict are sent by PM to the mod. Decisions taken by players in the HOH or POV ceremonies are made in-thread and bolded.

This game will have no twists, and very little randomness. If randomness must be used to break a tie in a competition, the resulting winner receives a secret "karma strike" which may preclude them from winning a similar tie in the future.

Every player receives 10,000 Competition Influence Points at the beginning of the game. These CIPs represent your remaining luck, and ability to influence competitions that would otherwise be a complete lottery. You can never get any more points, unless
everyone
runs out. The expenditure of these points is the sole factor determining who wins each competition. It will never be revealed (during the game) how many points anyone has, or how many they spend towards any purpose.

1. HOH Competition
For the HOH competition, every player tells me a) Whether they throw the competition (in case you don't want to win), and b) If not, how many points they want to spend on various players to
hurt
them in this competition. (The previous HOH submits nothing, as you may not win HOH twice in a row until the final HOH competition.) If you throw the competition, you can't win it unless everyone throws it.

The player (not throwing the competition) receiving the
fewest
total points from other players becomes HOH. Only the identities of the winner and the runner-up will be revealed. (A tie for runner-up is broken randomly but without any karma strike, since it affects nothing.)

The strategy is thus to spend points against players you fear would try to evict you or your allies.

2. HOH Ceremony
When the HOH is ready, he publicly nominates two players for eviction. He can nominate anyone but himself.

3. POV Competition
Unlike the show
every player except the HOH
may compete in the POV competition. (The HOH can play when no more than
four
five are alive.) Every player submits a) Whether they throw the competition, and b) If not, how many points they want to spend on various players to
help
them in this competition. You cannot spend points on yourself. If you throw the competition, you can't win it unless everyone throws it.

The player (not throwing the competition) receiving the
most
total points from other players wins the POV. As above, only the identities of the winner and runner-up will be revealed.

Since you can't spend points on yourself, you can't win POV without assistance. Ideally, if nominated, you would give points to an ally who would use the POV to save you. This is because the winner of POV can't be nominated as your replacement.

The reason HOH does not play for POV is to force "pro-status quo" players to coordinate their efforts.

4. POV Ceremony
When the winner of the POV is ready, he publicly announces whether he will use the POV to remove a nominee, or if he will not use the POV. (You
may
use the POV on yourself.) If a nominee is thus vetoed, the HOH will then publicly announce another houseguest to take that nominee's place. He can't nominate the winner of the POV.

5. Voting
Every player, except for the two nominees, PMs to the mod which of the two nominees they vote to evict. The HOH's vote only counts if (for any reason) there is a tie. Only the final count, and whether the HOH's vote was needed, will be revealed.

You may post your vote publicly if you want. But it will be overridden by any vote submitted by PM, even if the PM was sent earlier.

An evicted player is out of the game. If they are one of the final seven evictees, the "jury," they will be asked privately for a ranking of the players indicating to whom they would award the win. This ranking can be changed at any time, and there will be an opportunity to do so at the end of the game as well.

Exceptions:

When four people are left, the HOH can play in the POV competition. If the winner of POV is not the HOH, then at the POV ceremony, the winner of POV publicly chooses to evict one of the two players who is not the HOH. If the winner of POV is the HOH, he may use the power; otherwise the week continues normally.

The winner of HOH with four remaining is eligible to submit a move (and possibly win) in the HOH competition with three remaining.

There is no POV competition or ceremony with three remaining.

When two players remain, the winner is decided by whoever is preferred by a majority of the final seven evictees.

Default moves:

If the game is held up by a player not submitting a move, these default moves will be made for them:

HOH Competition: If the player has posted in the thread since the last eviction, the player does not throw the game, but doesn't spend any points. Otherwise, the player throws the game.

HOH Nominations: If no nomination choices can be received, the runner-up in the HOH competition becomes HOH and takes over.

POV Competition: If the player is not nominated, they throw the competition. Otherwise they don't throw it, but don't spend any points.

POV Ceremony: If the POV holder is nominated, they use the POV on themselves. Otherwise they do not use it.

Eviction Votes: If no vote is submitted, none is counted. If it's the HOH's vote and it's needed to break a tie, then the tie is broken by the earliest vote cast.

Q/A:

I was asked what benefit there is to throwing a competition. There isn't any. It's just a way to avoid winning a competition. For example, suppose you told someone that if you won veto, you'd use it on them. But in reality, you don't want to do that or be put in the position where you're expected to do that. You can just choose to throw that veto competition. You (most likely) won't win and won't show up as the runner-up.

Regarding "karma strikes": These are entirely secret. You don't get to know what you have, and you can't affect them. They are used solely to prevent randomness (due to ties) from favoring one player repeatedly.

I was asked for reassurance regarding what information will be revealed at the end of a competition. The answer is the names of the top two players only. You won't learn who contributed to or detracted from anyone.
Last edited by Kelly Chen on Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:24 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Ok. I will take us to be "full" unless someone else really wants in prior to the first competition.

I think I will mass-mail everyone with the player list and the submission deadline for HOH Competition #1.

This is what you should know:

1. Start PMing each other! Make alliances and figure out who you can trust! Talking in this thread is fine, too.

2. By Thursday (roughly four days from this post) I need you to send me a PM with your action for the first HOH competition. Examples of legal moves:

a.
throw the competition

b.
play, but spend no points

c.
play, spend: Diane -20, Erika -30
[if Diane and Erika were players in this game]

If you want to comment on what's going on, you can put it in this PM, too. I won't reveal any such commentary and it will help me understand what's happening.

Remember that this is an HOH competition, so you are spending points to
stop
other players from winning.

Thanks everybody.
Last edited by Kelly Chen on Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #16 (isolation #3) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:37 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

HOH Competition #1 : Dodge the Balls

Julie
:
Good evening, houseguests. You will now compete to win the most powerful position in the house: Head of Household. The winner will be safe from eviction this week, and bears the grave responsibility of nominating two fellow houseguests for eviction.

Tonight's challenge is called "Dodge the Balls." As you can see, the backyard has been filled with red balls. When time begins, you must hurl them at each other. If you fall over, lose consciousness, or use the bathroom, you are eliminated. The last person standing will be crowned... Head of Household.

Does everyone understand the rules? ... Ok, good luck, houseguests.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #17 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:49 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

I currently have:

11/12 moves

I'll keep this updated
Last edited by Kelly Chen on Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:06 am, edited 7 times in total.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #19 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:13 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Answer: Nope. The only way you can lose CIPs is by spending them yourself. What people gain by spending CIPs against you in an HOH competition, is just a greater chance of keeping you from winning.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #24 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:57 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

HOH Competition 1: Results!

You all throw balls at each other's heads. Many lose consciousness, retreat into the house, or wet themselves. The last two standing are:

Winner:
ZeroSum !
Runner-up: chamber

ZeroSum, you are the first HOH. Please hold your nomination ceremony (i.e. name your two nominees in-thread, along with any rationale you care to give) within
72 hours

I'm sending this in PM form as well. All players should feel free to discuss the options with ZeroSum.

Other news:

themanhimself has quit the game. I can take a replacement (and will start looking). Until he's replaced or voted out of the house, he will make the default moves (throw everything, fail to vote).
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #26 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:50 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Excellent...

rolandofthewhite replaces themanhimself
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #30 (isolation #8) » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:25 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Small rule change:

The HOH can play for POV at the final 5 and final 4. (Previously it was just final 4.)
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #38 (isolation #9) » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:16 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

What are you guys' thoughts about what kind of PM notices I send out?

I alerted everyone by PM to the HOH competition and deadline, but I only informed ZeroSum that it was time for nominations, and for the POV comp I was only planning on alerting the nominees. Then there's what to do about the eviction voting, and every future HOH comp.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #44 (isolation #10) » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:33 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

POV Competition #1 : Burrito Race

ZeroSum (reading)
:
Ok, houseguests, it's time for the first Power of Veto competition. As you may know, one of the mod's favorite foods is a big bean and cheese burrito. Accordingly, each of you has a bucket full of them in front of you. Whoever leaves the fewest burritos uneaten in their bucket wins the Golden Power of Veto. This player may veto one of my nominations, if they so choose, and may not themselves be nominated this week.

If you wish, you may help another player eat their burritos.

As Head of Household, I am not allowed to compete.

So does everyone understand eating burritos? Great. So let's have a burrito race.

So:

It would be most nice if everyone (other than ZeroSum) would PM me your veto comp move within about 72 hours. Remember that you can only spend points to
help
another player, and you can't spend points on yourself, so if you want to win, you'll have to cooperate.

Good luck houseguests!

EDIT: Another thing

If you already know what you would do with POV if you won it, go ahead and submit that along with your POV move. That could speed things up by a few days.
Last edited by Kelly Chen on Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #51 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:06 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Thinking about trying to run the game on a schedule like this, from here on out:

HOH Comp: 48 hours
nominations: 72 hours
POV competition + choice: 72 hours
replace nominee if necessary: 48 hours
voting: 48 hours, or 72 if a replacement nominee was needed

There would be some generosity if the weekend is involved.

This would mean that a game week would take from 10 to 13 days, ignoring weekends.

Any thoughts on this?
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #56 (isolation #12) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:15 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

yellowbounder wrote:10 - 13 day is possbily slightly long.

Possibly cut down the 3 day periods to 2 day periods?
I thought to leave the HOH ceremony deadline at 3 days because this is time where people are probably scrambling to at least not get nominated. I thought to leave the POV competition+ceremony deadline at 3 days because you pretty much
have
to coordinate with others to win POV.

The other steps (HOH comp, nominee replacement, eviction voting) either don't require much coordination/negotiation, or else there has already been time to consider it.

The way I was going to do it originally (72 hours for everything, and a separate step for the veto ceremony) would have been 15-18 days...
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #64 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:25 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

POV Competition 1: Results!

At the end of the burrito challenge, one man has emptied his bucket! Even the bottom has been licked clean of leaked bean paste!

Winner:
ChannelDelibird !
Runner-up: ShadowLurker

Congratulations
ChannelDelibird
! You win the first Power of Veto.

Veto Ceremony:

ChannelDelibird
:
As you know, ZeroSum has nominated myself and chamber for eviction. But I have the power to veto one of the nominations and save one of us from eviction.

At this time, I choose to use the veto on myself.

ZeroSum, since I have vetoed one of your nominations, you must now nominate a replacement.

ZeroSum
: please nominate a replacement nominee in-thread within about 48 hours.

other players including ZeroSum
: as soon as ZeroSum reveals the new nominee, you may begin PMing me your votes to evict.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #67 (isolation #14) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:05 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

So be it.

Everyone (other than the nominees) please vote (preferably by PM, but your call) to evict either chamber or lordy within about 72 hours. ZeroSum's vote will only count in the event of a tie. Other than this, and the final tally, it won't be revealed who voted whom.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #68 (isolation #15) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:18 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Question: If one of the nominees reaches a majority, should I end the voting and announce the result, or should I wait until everyone has voted?

The former option is faster, but the latter is more fair if you suppose that it's not too late for cast votes to be changed.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #70 (isolation #16) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:24 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

It would be 48 except that there was a replacement nominee.

Tell you what, if I have a majority after 48 hours, I'll stop it then, even if some votes have not been cast.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #75 (isolation #17) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:37 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Julie Chen
:
(It's official... lordy has been evicted from the Big Brother house. This is a Big Brother first: No one has ever been the first one evicted in two different seasons. Let's go tell the houseguests.)

Houseguests, the results are in... Just a reminder, the evicted houseguest will have one minute to finish what they're eating and exit through the front door.

By a vote of 9 to 0, chamber... you are safe. lordy, thou art evicted.

HOH Competition 2 coming up.

Also, by the way, it is requested that evicted players NOT attempt to influence the game any further. I'm sure you can imagine that the show would be much different if evicted houseguests didn't have to physically leave the house.
Last edited by Kelly Chen on Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #77 (isolation #18) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:52 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

HOH Competition #2 : Ice Dump

Julie
:
Houseguests, tonight we have a guest participant: Alison from Big Brother 3 will be helping out.

This competition is called "Ice Dump." In the middle of the yard is a giant ice machine. Each of your pants are connected to the machine by a thick rubber tube. When it is your turn, you will choose a player, and Alison will pull a switch sending ice into that person's pants.

The game continues indefinitely. The last person to quit playing will be the new Head of Household.

ZeroSum, as outgoing HOH, you are not eligible to compete.

Does everyone understand the rules? Or the general principle? Good. Good luck, houseguests.

If at all possible, I'd like HOH moves within about 48 hours. (You have somewhat longer for sure, since I don't think 48 hours from now I'll be at the computer.)

The list of players is in the OP; ZeroSum of course can't play or spend points, and it is futile to spend your points against him.

Good luck!
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #83 (isolation #19) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:42 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

HOH Competition 2: Results!

After all the ice has been dropped, one person still has dry pants.

Winner:
Mariyta !
Runner-up: bird1111

Congratulations, Mariyta! You are the second HOH. Please hold your nomination ceremony (i.e. name your two nominees in-thread, along with any rationale you care to give) within
72 hours

All players should feel free to discuss the options with Mariyta.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #93 (isolation #20) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:18 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

POV Competition #2 : Human Ladders

Mariyta (reading)
:
It's time for the Power of Veto competition. The POV medallion is hanging from a hook high up in the sky in the backyard. Gradually the hook will be lowered closer to the ground. Whoever snatches it will win the Golden Power of Veto, and have the ability to veto one of my nominations.

You may let other people sit or stand on your shoulders or climb you like a ladder. But don't climb on people without their permission!

Good luck houseguests!

So:

I would be most pleased if everyone (other than Mariyta) would PM me your veto comp move AND IF AT ALL POSSIBLE what you will do with POV if you win it. Please do this within 72 hours.

Remember that this is a veto competition, so you are spending points to
help
other players win.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #94 (isolation #21) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:21 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

POV Competition 2: Results!

One player is able to climb so high that he learns the awful truth: There is nothing beyond the fence! The Big Brother House exists in an endless void!

Winner:
bird1111 !
Runner-up: yellowbounder

Congratulations
bird1111
! You win the second Power of Veto.

Veto Ceremony:

bird1111
:
As you know, Mariyta has nominated ChannelDelibird and klebian for eviction, but I have the power to veto one of the nominations and save one of them from eviction without getting evicted myself.

At this time, regretfully, I
have
decided to...
not
use the Power of Veto.

This veto ceremony is adjourned.

Everyone but the nominees
: please vote to evict CDB or klebian within about 48 hours.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #105 (isolation #22) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:22 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Julie Chen
:
Alright houseguests, the results are in. Remember, the evicted houseguest will have one minute to understand the implications of what I'm about to say and then exit through the front door.

By a vote of 5 to 3, ChannelDelibird, you have been evicted from the Big Brother house.

Reminder: Evicted houseguests are asked to not try to influence the game further.

HOH #3 is open for business; I'll post something shortly.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #106 (isolation #23) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:40 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

HOH Competition #3 : Snake Dump

Julie
:
Good evening, houseguests. Tonight's competition is called "Snake Dump." This competition is similar to the last HOH competition. You are each seated beneath a chute connected to a master tank of snakes. You each have a panel of buttons, one corresponding to each competing houseguest. When you press a button, snakes will start dropping on the person whose button you're pressing. Unlike "Ice Dump," you don't have to wait your turn. You can just hold a couple of buttons if you like and continuously drop snakes on someone. You can get up and leave, but that eliminates you from the competition. Once again, the last person to quit playing will be the new HOH.

Mariyta, as outgoing HOH, would not be eligible to compete if she were here and not on vacation at the moment.

Good luck with the snakes, houseguests.

If at all possible, I'd like HOH moves within about 48 hours please!

Recall that there are ten players left, but only nine competing.

Good luck!
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #109 (isolation #24) » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:15 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

missing four moves still. I'll have to get on some people's case eh
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #111 (isolation #25) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:20 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

HOH Competition 3: Results!

One man remains perfectly calm in the face of whatever snakes fell on him.

Winner:
chamber !
Runner-up: bird1111

Congratulations, chamber! You are the THIRD HOH. Please hold your nomination ceremony (i.e. name your two nominees in-thread, along with any rationale you care to give) within
72 hours

All players should feel free to discuss the options with chamber.
Last edited by Kelly Chen on Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #123 (isolation #26) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:09 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Alright then.
ZeroSum
and
Mariyta
are nominated.

POV Competition #3 : Fire

chamber (reading)
:
In this competition, you must build a fire out of flint and twigs. If you like, fire represents your life in this game. You can help other players by offering advice, lungpower, or the use of your hands to protect a spark from the tropical wind. The first person to create a fire tall enough to burn through the clothesline will win the Golden Power of Veto.

Good luck houseguests.

So:

I would be most pleased if everyone (other than chamber) would PM me your veto comp move AND IF AT ALL POSSIBLE what you will do with POV if you win it. Please do this within 72 hours.

Remember that this is a veto competition, so you are spending points to
help
other players win.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #125 (isolation #27) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:24 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

POV Competition 3: Results!

Who's that with his hair ablaze? Could it be our winner?

Winner:
klebian !
Runner-up: rajrhcpfreak

Congratulations
klebian
! You win the third Power of Veto.

Veto Ceremony:

klebian
:
As you know, chamber has nominated ZeroSum and Mariyta for eviction, but I have the power to veto one of the nominations.

At this time, I shall use the veto on
ZeroSum

chamber, please nominate a replacement nominee (not klebian) within about 48 hours.
Last edited by Kelly Chen on Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #126 (isolation #28) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:36 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

chamber has informed me that the new nominee is Yellowbounder.

Therefore it is time to vote. With ten remaining there are 7 voters plus the HOH to vote.

Please vote for either yellowbounder or Mariyta within 72 hours.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #127 (isolation #29) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:14 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Julie Chen
:
Houseguests, the results are in. Just a reminder, the evicted houseguest will have one minute to leave and never return never ever. This person will be the last evicted houseguest to not make the JURY. That's right, from here on out evictees will help to decide the winner of deterministic Big Brother!

(stern)
By a vote of 5 to 2. yellowbounder. You are the third person evicted from the Big Brother house.

Reminder: Evicted houseguests are asked to not try to influence the game further.

HOH #4 is open for business; I'll post something soon.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #128 (isolation #30) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:42 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

HOH Competition #4 : Darts

Julie
:
Good evening, houseguests. Tonight's competition is darts, and it's called that. You will each take turns either throwing a dart at the target, or taking someone else's dart off of the target.

As the game goes on, there will be new challenges added [rain, snow, rotation of the backyard; that is where the money went ---producers]. Hitting the target will become worth more points. Whoever has the most points after a predetermined number of rounds will be the new HOH.

chamber, as outgoing HOH, you are not eligible to compete.

Have fun, houseguests.

If possible, I'd like HOH moves within about 48 hours please!

Recall that there are nine players left, but only eight competing.

Good luck!
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #129 (isolation #31) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:20 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

I'm ending the competition this afternoon no matter what...
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #132 (isolation #32) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:58 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

yes I did, do not be alarmed.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #134 (isolation #33) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:32 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

HOH Competition 4: Results!

One guy's darts do not get plucked. They fly through the rain and snow and hit their intended targets.

Winner:
rajrhcpfreak !
Runner-up: Save The Dragons

Congratulations, raj! You are the fourth HOH. Please hold your nomination ceremony (i.e. name your two nominees in-thread, along with any rationale you care to give) within
72 hours

All players should feel free to discuss the options with raj.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #141 (isolation #34) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:49 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

POV Competition #4 : Pointspend

rajrhcpfreak (reading)
:
Pointspend!

So does everyone understand eating burritos? Hmm.

Good luck houseguests!

[coming up with competitions is hard]

POV is open. I'd like moves within
72 hours
of this post (Sunday 10pm central).
Last edited by Kelly Chen on Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #148 (isolation #35) » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:23 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

POV Competition 4: Results!

Pointspend winner is??

Winner:
Mariyta !
Runner-up: ZeroSum

Congratulations
Mariyta
! You win the fourth Power of Veto.

I do not, however, know what Mariyta wanted to do with the POV. So please hold a veto ceremony when you're ready.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #151 (isolation #36) » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:35 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Official Game Stuff

Mariyta used the POV on ZeroSum.
rajrhcpfreak nominated ShadowLurker.
ShadowLurker was evicted 5-1.

I currently want moves for HOH competition #5.

I won't set a deadline just now, although if I remember correctly, all five outstanding moves were past due anyway.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #152 (isolation #37) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:38 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

I'm PMing the four people from whom I don't have moves to see if they are still around.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #154 (isolation #38) » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:57 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

I can't get in touch with roland. Anyone able to contact him, let me him know scum is up etc.?
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #157 (isolation #39) » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:44 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

HOH Competition 5: Results!

Nobody even remembers what was going on or what they were trying to do, but that doesn't stop one man from being the last to be standing.

Winner:
klebian !
Runner-up: ZeroSum

Congratulations, klebian! You are the fifth HOH. Please hold your nomination ceremony (i.e. name your two nominees in-thread, along with any rationale you care to give) as soon as you can, though ideally within 72 hours.

All players should feel free to discuss the options with klebian.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #160 (isolation #40) » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:17 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

POV Competition #5 : Pointspend

klebian (reading)
:
Pointspend!

Good luck houseguests!

POV #5 is open. I'd like moves as soon as they're ready, preferably within
72 hours
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #162 (isolation #41) » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:29 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

I'm going to send a couple of people PMs. If you see roland, give him a tap yeah?
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #163 (isolation #42) » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:46 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

POV Competition 5: Results!

We have a pointspend winner.

Winner:
bird1111 !
Runner-up: Mariyta

Congratulations
bird1111
! You win the fifth Power of Veto.

Veto Ceremony:

bird1111
:
As you know, klebian has nominated chamber and myself for eviction, but I have the power to veto one of the nominations and save one of them from eviction without getting evicted myself.

At this time, I am using the Power of Veto on myself.

klebian
: You must now nominate a replacement nominee for bird1111.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #167 (isolation #43) » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:55 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Very well. Vote to evict
rolandofthewhite
or
chamber
now!
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #168 (isolation #44) » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:05 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Julie Chen
:
Houseguests, the results are in. Just a reminder, the evicted houseguest will have one minute to leave the house and board a plane for the sequester house.

By a vote of 4 to 1, chamber, you are the second member of the jury.

Reminder: Evicted houseguests are asked to not try to further influence the actions of players still in the game.

HOH #6 is open for business.
Last edited by Kelly Chen on Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #169 (isolation #45) » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:14 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

HOH Competition #6 : Fashion Show

Julie
:
Good evening, houseguests. Tonight's competition is each take turns either throwing or taking someone else's.

As the game goes, new challenges added [rain, snow, rotation of the backyard; that is where the money went ---producers]. Hitting the points. Whoever has the most points.

klebian, as outgoing HOH, you are not eligible to compete.

Good luck, houseguests!

Here are the players in this competition:

bird1111, Mariyta, rajrhcpfreak, rolandofthewhite, STD, ZeroSum
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #171 (isolation #46) » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:30 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Sure. I'll edit the reminder...
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #172 (isolation #47) » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:51 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

HOH Competition 6: Results!

Fashion is unsurpassed!

Winner:
ZeroSum !
Runner-up: rajrhcpfreak

Congratulations, ZeroSum! You are the sixth HOH. Please hold your nomination ceremony (i.e. name your two nominees in-thread, along with any rationale you care to give) as soon as you can, though ideally within 72 hours.

All players should feel free to discuss the options with ZeroSum.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #173 (isolation #48) » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:04 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

actually

PAUSE

Nevermind, carry on.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #176 (isolation #49) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:28 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

POV Competition #6 : Pointspend

ZeroSum (reading)
:
Pointspend!

Good luck houseguests!

POV #6 is open. I'd like moves as soon as they're ready, preferably within
72 hours
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #177 (isolation #50) » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:34 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Post in the thread if you see this (and are playing). In a couple days I'll send out PMs to see who we've got.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #185 (isolation #51) » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:02 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Ok. Be sure to send POV moves if you have not, or else rely on my judgment to arbitrarily end the competition.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #186 (isolation #52) » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:53 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

I've decided this game can't continue until rolandofthewhite either is replaced, is modkilled, or submits a move for this competition.

I won't modkill him without a unanimous decision. I actually have already proposed this, but it was shot down before most of you got the memo.

If he is modkilled it will take the place of this week's eviction.

No matter how he leaves, if he doesn't submit a jury vote then he won't have one. If the jury vote is a tie, it will be broken by the final person to join it.

Feel free to let me know what you think about this situation...

EDIT: To be clear, I would like EVERY remaining player to give me an opinion, especially if you oppose a modkill.
Last edited by Kelly Chen on Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #192 (isolation #53) » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:14 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Ok, I've received consent from four players, and no feedback from three. I am declaring roland modkilled.

No points will be spent on veto. You will get back half the points you spent on HOH 6.

Feel free to send HOH 7 moves. I guess I am going to rule that everyone is eligible to play this time.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #193 (isolation #54) » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:33 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

I have three out of six moves. Guess I might have to send some PMs out...
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #194 (isolation #55) » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:33 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

HOH Competition 7: Results!

Pointspend victory!

Winner:
klebian !

Congratulations, klebian! You are the seventh HOH. Please hold your nomination ceremony (i.e. name your two nominees in-thread, along with any rationale you care to give) as soon as you can, though ideally within 72 hours.

All players should feel free to discuss the options with klebian.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #196 (isolation #56) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:21 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

POV Competition #7 : Pointspend

klebian (reading)
:
Pointspend!

Good luck houseguests!

POV #7 is open. I'd like moves as soon as they're ready, preferably within
72 hours
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #197 (isolation #57) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:26 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Four days later and I have one move.

I hope you guys aren't just waiting for the competition to time out. That takes a lot more time and leaves me uncertain whether people are playing.
Last edited by Kelly Chen on Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #199 (isolation #58) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:12 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

POV Competition 7: Results!

We have a pointspend winner.

Winner:
rajrhcpfreak !

Congratulations
rajrhcpfreak
! You win the seventh Power of Veto.

Do with it as you will.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #202 (isolation #59) » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:37 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Great.
Everyone vote to evict Mariyta or bird1111 now!
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #203 (isolation #60) » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:43 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

And by a vote of
3 to 0
bird1111
has been evicted from the Big Brother house.

HOH Competition #8 : Pointspend

As outgoing Head of Household, klebian is not allowed to compete.

As this is the final five, whoever wins HOH this week will be allowed to compete for POV.

Good luck houseguests!

HOH #8 is open. I'd like moves as soon as they're ready, preferably within 72 hours.

People playing in this competition: Mariyta, rajrhcpfreak, Save The Dragons, ZeroSum
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #204 (isolation #61) » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:48 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

HOH Competition 8: Results!

Pointspend!

Winner:
rajrhcpfreak !

Congratulations, rajrhcpfreak! You are the eighth HOH. Please hold your nomination ceremony (i.e. name your two nominees in-thread, along with any rationale you care to give) as soon as you can.

All players should feel free to discuss the options with rajrhcpfreak.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #206 (isolation #62) » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:23 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Thus
ZeroSum
and
klebian
are nominated.

POV Competition #8 : Pointspend

rajrhcpfreak (reading)
:
Pointspend!

As this is the final 5, all players including myself are eligible to play.

Good luck houseguests!

POV #8 is open. I'd like moves as soon as they're ready, preferably within
72 hours
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #207 (isolation #63) » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:24 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

POV Competition 8: Results!

Oh dear! says raj.

Winner:
ZeroSum !
Runner-up: klebian

Congratulations
ZeroSum
! You win the eighth Power of Veto.

Do with it as you will!
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #209 (isolation #64) » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:40 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

ZeroSum vetoes himself.

raj has told me by IM that he wishes to nominate
Save The Dragons
in his stead.

So ZeroSum, Mariyta, and (as tiebreaker) rajrhcpfreak may now vote to evict either STD or klebian.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #210 (isolation #65) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:20 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

With a vote of
1 to 1
, there is a tie.

With rajrhcpfreak's tiebreaking vote:
klebian
joins the jury.

HOH Competition #9 : Pointspend

As outgoing Head of Household, rajrhcpfreak is not allowed to compete.

As this is the final four, whoever wins HOH this week will be allowed to compete for POV,
and
for the final HOH.

Good luck houseguests! Almost there!

HOH #9 is open. I'd like moves as soon as they're ready, preferably within 72 hours.

People playing in this competition: Mariyta, Save The Dragons, ZeroSum
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #213 (isolation #66) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:36 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

I just sent a query to the holdout.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #214 (isolation #67) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:37 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

HOH Competition 9: Results!

Pointspend!

Winner:
Mariyta !

Congratulations, Mariyta! You are the ninth HOH. Please hold your nomination ceremony (i.e. name your two nominees in-thread, along with any rationale you care to give) as soon as you can.

All players should feel free to discuss the options with Mariyta.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #215 (isolation #68) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:42 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Rule reminder:
Exceptions
:
When four people are left, the HOH can play in the POV competition. If the winner of POV is not the HOH, then at the POV ceremony, the winner of POV publicly chooses to evict one of the two players who is not the HOH. If the winner of POV is the HOH, he may use the power; otherwise the week continues normally.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #217 (isolation #69) » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:51 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Thus
ZeroSum
and
Save The Dragons
are nominated.

POV Competition #9 : Pointspend

Mariyta (reading)
:
Pointspend!

As this is the final 4, all players including myself are eligible to play. If I do not win, then whoever does win will immediately oust someone other than me.

Good luck houseguests!

POV #9 is open. I'd like moves as soon as they're ready, preferably within
72 hours
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #219 (isolation #70) » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:17 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Hi there. I have one POV move.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #220 (isolation #71) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:53 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

POV Competition 9: Results!

Pointspend winner found.

Winner:
Mariyta !
Runner-up: (I can't remember, I'll fill this in when I'm at home)

Congratulations
Mariyta
! You win the ninth Power of Veto.

Do with it as you will!
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #223 (isolation #72) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:29 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

ZeroSum has been evicted by a vote of 1-0. He is the second-to-last person to join the jury.

HOH 10

I'll PM you all how many points you have left when I get home.......

Good luck you three finalists, Mariyta, rajrhcpfreak, and STD.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #226 (isolation #73) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:38 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

In the spendiest competition so far...

rajrhcpfreak wins the FINAL HOH

Mariyta was the runner-up.

rajrhcpfreak, you must now evict one of Mariyta and Save The Dragons.

Post in-thread and do not make a mistake!

heheh
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #237 (isolation #74) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:56 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Oh, so that's why raj pmed me. Ok then

Save The Dragons is the last member of the jury!!

I'm going to ask him to send me a vote, and try to scrounge together votes from two people who didn't give me tentative ones, and have some time for people to change their minds. I'll make sure all the jury members know what's up.

Good luck raj and Mariyta!
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #241 (isolation #75) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:14 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

You all are free to talk, post your vote in-thread (if you want), change your mind, etc.

rajrhcpfreak and Mariyta posting arguments in their favor would probably be a good start.

I'm also concerned that organizing questions at this time would be futile as Mariyta is going on VLA very soon if I understand correctly.

I probably won't name a winner then until Mariyta is back...
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #254 (isolation #76) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:14 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

I am happy to report that I have at least a tentative vote from all seven members of the jury!
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #258 (isolation #77) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:40 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

I can wrap this up by the tenth. Maybe Thursday afternoon I'll name the winner. If people want to change their votes they have to tell me by then. (I already have a few PMs out on this subject.)
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #259 (isolation #78) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:53 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Mariyta wins the whole game!

The vote was 5-2, though I consider 1 Mariyta and 1 raj vote still just the tentative vote (asked at the time of eviction). It's not enough to change the result.

I have other information but not time to post it right now.

Congratulations Mariyta!

Thanks for playing everyone!
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #264 (isolation #79) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:02 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Karma strikes: No one ever got more than one. raj, Mariyta, chamber, and I think ZS got strikes. I'll edit and fix this list at home.

From a modding/rules perspective the most astonishing thing was how basically nobody ever spent points on the veto competition with the intent of keeping the nominations the same. Much of the time people didn't even send me moves. So the POV comps were little more than a huge drag on the game.

Actually, another very striking thing is that in this game, it seemed very much to be the case that if a few players put a plan together for the week, they can almost certainly accomplish it. Towards the end of this game the evictions were as predictable as some of the worst Survivor seasons...

Early game, it was striking how several players thought to adopt the strategy of throwing all the competitions, or at least not spending on them. I thought this was a particularly inappropriate strategy for say SL, since he was a very visible player and perceived to be an alliance leader. But the strategy worked fine for STD, who easily had the most points left in the final 3 HOH.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #267 (isolation #80) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:14 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

The problem I see is that early in the game, you're likely to get nominated for no more reason than "I dunno who he is." At the time, I suspected it was really a good thing for you to win that HOH.

Return to “Social Game Archive”