Dante's Game - All votes in - who took top prize?

Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:10 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

OK /in
M4yhem - "IH loves donking his splourney in public places. He likes it most when little old ladies and school children are nearby, because then he also show off his crot."
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:50 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Man... I used to write poems all the time but I don't think I've written one for about five years lol... I got a bit carried away with the word count. I've deleted some verses for the submission but I thought I'd leave them in simply because I'd spent a whole lunchtime on it and didn't want to waste it! If anyone else can complete their submission in rhyming couplets and iambic pentamenter then they deserve to win this damn thing :twisted:

Question:

Bill Gates and Warren Buffet are two of the richest men in America. They are also the two largest charity donors to in history. How can we avoid thinking of them as the epitome (or the antithesis!) of greed?

Story:

The man from California was a cad.
Everything he sought to own, he had.
But not content with his empire enlarging,
He tried to yet increase his winning margin.

His skyscraper in downtown San Jose,
Was rivaled by another round the bay.
One night he thought "My San Francisco friend...
Time's come for you to meet a sticky end..."

He took the lift to visit R&D.
"There's something I need you to do for me."
He sat them down and told them man-to-man
The details of his worse-than-evil plan.

"My God!" they cried, and stood with mouths agape.
His fiendishness began to take a shape.
Shocked they were, for they had never seen
A plan as vile as his "EARTHQUAKE MACHINE".

"You simply cannot have such disregard
For human life and limb. You're not that hard!"
He fixed them with a fearsome icy glare.
He grinned a grin and muttered "Au contraire..."

So those who would do nothing to assist
All found themselves summarily dismissed.
And after weeks of working night and day
The quake machine (Mark I) was on its way.

The man from California rubbed his hands.
He so enjoyed the act of making plans.
He thanked the whole development committee
And ordered his chauffeur to San Fran city.

They parked up in a neighbouring motel,
Set the clock for nine-fifteen and ran like hell!
They caught a cab and ordered it to drive
"To San Jose! And fast, to stay alive!"

Then something stopped him and he turned around.
He felt a distant rumble on the ground.
It swelled and grew and made him start to shout.
"What have I done? Somebody, get me out!"

Richter Seven and the walls began to crack.
Too late he shouted "Stop! I take it back!"
It wasn't till it got to Richter nine
He questioned the mistakes in his design.

And so it was his plans became unfurled.
His tower gone, his riches and his world.
He tried to the be the best in the Bay Area
But ended up disturbing something scarier...

And so we see how greed can cause you trouble.
The man from California turned to rubble.
'Cause any evil genius worth his salt
Wouldn't tamper with the San Andreas fault.
Last edited by Sailor Jerry on Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
M4yhem - "IH loves donking his splourney in public places. He likes it most when little old ladies and school children are nearby, because then he also show off his crot."
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:11 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Edited my entry.

However, I think your opinion is a total crock. I can only imagine it's personal, because it's otherwise ridiculous.
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:46 pm

Post by Sailor Jerry »

1. If I'm entirely honest... I don't think I ever take more than my fair share... unless you count accepting my salary from the government when I spend the majority of my time at the office surfing the web and playing games...

As far as sweets are concerned... if I bought the damn things then people should be grateful they're getting any at all.

2. I'm afraid I chose the high-paying job. I sometimes wonder what I should be doing, but this is London. Money is important here. We spend eight hours a day at work and eight at home. If I can improve the quality of my home life by being able to afford the things I want, then it's worth the sacrifice at work. Some people would look at it the other way, and that's fair. It's just whatever works for them!

3. Why are people more greedy with the same amount of money? I don't know! There are a lot of factors... I think it depends on their needs... but if they're needier, is it really greed? Don't know!
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:41 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

1. Thomas the Tank Engine asked "What is the most lazy thing you have ever done?"

This answer.

2. Percy the Small Engine asked "How willing are you to forgive someone not being able to do a task in a group which was essential to the group, if he has good reason to not have done the task?"

If someone is unable to do a task, it's not their fault. The blame lies on those who appointed the unable person to do the essential task. If someone is unwilling to perform a task, then that's a heinous crime. I don't think I'd look so fondly upon that. Coincidentally, being unwilling to do the task has something to do with sloth... being unable - not so much...

3. Edward the Blue Engine asked "Which types of governments could withstand a lazy leader/parliament for 50 years straight and how?"

I think the States could do with some of that right now. Jimmy Carter - laid back... not much happened... economy grew! Bill Clinton... not much happened... economy grew! George W. Bush... very proactive... attacks everything in sight... economy slumps to BAD levels... Laziness would have been better. At least better than proactive stupidity.

4. Gordon the Big Engine asked "What is the most effective way to get over being lazy?"

Stop smoking cannabis. Start taking cocaine!

[/quote]
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:07 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Larry wrote: Are you just as tolerant of people who are angry at the world because something is going on in their life as you expect (hope) them to be when you are angry at the world? If no, why not?
To an extent... but it's not a desirable trait. I think people should try and control the anger at the world. I do, and I expect others to attempt to do the same...
Curly wrote: Have you ever had anger so bad that it caused you to do something that you regreted? If so, what was it?
I take all my retaliatory actions in cold blood. I don't think I've ever regretted a single one of them.
Moe wrote: "What makes you angry?"
Misplaced apostrophes. Make me inhumanly angry. Much more than you would think of an otherwise well-adjusted human being. It's not very hard to get it right! Why are people so stupid?!?
Shemp wrote: "If a family member of yours was murdered by a serial killer, what type of punishment would you push for?"
You don't know my family. If one of them was killed by a serial killer, they probably deserved it.
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #6) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:07 pm

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Every day, more and more, I believe the world has an ironic sense of humor.

Yesterday, in another game, I'm forced to deliberately annoy bird11111. Today, he holds my fate in another game in his hands.

Joy :)
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #7) » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:33 pm

Post by Sailor Jerry »

MySnorlaxIsMighty wrote:I drink alot of the juice, when I make out,
Yes... Remind me never to make out with you again.
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:00 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

What do you think your opponents smell of?

And who's your favorite power ranger?

And... if God is all-loving and all-powerful, why do bad things happen to good people?
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:12 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Congrats CDB - your answers to my final jury questions were textbook.

Return to “Social Game Archive”