Dante's Game - All votes in - who took top prize?

bethelmark
bethelmark
Goon
bethelmark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:20 am

Post by bethelmark »

/in
bethelmark
bethelmark
Goon
bethelmark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:11 pm

Post by bethelmark »

1. If you found a wallet on the ground, how much money would have to be in it in order for you to keep it for yourself rather than turn it in to the police?

2b. A person could have many things happen to them that would cause them to fall from grace. However, more likely than not, their fall was caused by an internal character flaw. The Greeks established this when writing their tragedies: the main character in a tragedy has some kind of internal flaw that leads to his eventual downfall. This can easily be seen in the play Oedipus Rex. Oedipus loses his position as king because of his own inability to see the truth; that he is his father's murderer and has married his own mother. Even though the truth is laid out in front of him very plainly, he refuses to acknowledge it. A fall from grace could also be caused by a flaw such as greed. In the past year, several congressmen have been indicted for taking bribes and gifts from lobbyists in return for voting a certain way on legislation. These men were in a position of power, but because of their greed, they fell out of power. Even people who seemed to fall from grace because of external forces can trace the root of their fall back to an internal fault. Take the example of Richard Nixon, the U.S. President responsible for the Watergate scandal. While it seems that the people responsible for outing him caused his fall, President Nixon was in fact the one who initiated the Watergate raid. This was because he felt the need to break the rules and spy on the opposing party's political machine. Thus, he was indeed responsible for his own downfall. It is clear that while a variety of things could be responsible for the downfall of a prominent person, it is almost always because of some internal flaw.
bethelmark
bethelmark
Goon
bethelmark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:41 pm

Post by bethelmark »

1. If I do take more than my fair share, it's unintentional. If someone's being kind enough to share something of theirs with me, I don't want to completely deprive them of it.

2. Definitely the moderate-paying job. You don't need a lot of money to live comfortably, and I definitely want to do something I enjoy. Case in point: I may want to become a college professor at some point after high school and college. Definitely not the best-paying job, but I would enjoy it.

3. Greed affects different people in different ways. It could have to do with how people are brought up. A person brought up in luxury will probably feel entitled to luxury when they are grown, so they'll be a bit more greedy than someone whol had a middle-class childhood.
bethelmark
bethelmark
Goon
bethelmark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:01 pm

Post by bethelmark »

1. Thomas the Tank Engine asked "What is the most lazy thing you have ever done?"

Probably waiting to start work on my project for French class the night before it was do, when I had a month beforehand to work on it. (I stayed up until 3:30 AM, if you care)

2. Percy the Small Engine asked "How willing are you to forgive someone not being able to do a task in a group which was essential to the group, if he has good reason to not have done the task?"

Depends on the reason. If it's something that's more important than the task, or if it's an emergency, I'm willing to forgive them. However, if it's just because of laziness or not caring, I'm not too forgiving.

3. Edward the Blue Engine asked "Which types of governments could withstand a lazy leader/parliament for 50 years straight and how?"

I don't think any government we've seen could withstand a lazy leader. Political situations change constantly, and all forms of government virtually require that a leader adapt to new situations. I don't think governments could withstand a lazy leader for 5 years, let alone 50.

4. Gordon the Big Engine asked "What is the most effective way to get over being lazy?"

I think laziness is something people have inside of them, so to get over being lazy, you have to change your character. Incentives could work, but I think that you need to be truly committed to getting over being lazy, then just buckle down and work hard.
bethelmark
bethelmark
Goon
bethelmark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:06 pm

Post by bethelmark »

1. Larry asked "Are you just as tolerant of people who are angry at the world because something is going on in their life as you expect (hope) them to be when you are angry at the world? If no, why not?"

I try to be pretty tolerant of people angry at the world, when it's for reasonable means. However, whenever people are angry because of something really stupid or beyond their control, I tend not to be so tolerant.

2. Curly asked "Have you ever had anger so bad that it caused you to do something that you regreted? If so, what was it?"

I've wanted to do stupid things when I'm angry, but I've never acted on them.

3. Moe asked "What makes you angry?"

I get angry when people are manipulative and two-faced. People that make fun of my friends tend to get me pretty angry as well.

4. Shemp asked "If a family member of yours was murdered by a serial killer, what type of punishment would you push for?"

Nothing short of life imprisonment. Depending on circumstances, the death penalty could be in order, although I don't normally advocate it (it doesn't really solve anything).
bethelmark
bethelmark
Goon
bethelmark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:32 am

Post by bethelmark »

1. Richard Simmons asked "I once drank eight pints of chocolate milk for charity. I was physically sick for much of the evening. Is this worthy of respect or contempt?"

Definitely respect. If you were doing it for the heck of it, then I would frown upon it. But the fact you did it for charity makes it worthy of great respect.

2. Susan Powter asked "Is it better to be bulimic or anorexic? Why?"

I'd say anorexic by a hair, but neither is appetizing. Bulimia is just nasty.

3. Billy Blanks asked "Do you tend to eat more than you probably should, less, or about as much as you should?"

I eat a bit more than I should. I just tend to get hungry an awful lot.

4. Robert Atkins asked "Do you ever find yourself tempted to take more than your share when there are limited supplies?"

Sure. I have little brothers. I deserve it more than they do. Case closed.
bethelmark
bethelmark
Goon
bethelmark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #6) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:41 am

Post by bethelmark »

I feel that I've been very honest with my answers, and that I deserve to stay in Paradise. Plus, see that guy in my avatar? He'll chop off your head if you don't vote to keep me.

A vote to save bethelmark is a vote for your life.
bethelmark
bethelmark
Goon
bethelmark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:36 pm

Post by bethelmark »

Do you think your opponents should be in the final three?

Is there anyone not in the final three that you think should be?
bethelmark
bethelmark
Goon
bethelmark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #8) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:46 pm

Post by bethelmark »

Please describe, in detail, your feelings regarding kittens. Also, please describe what your opponents feel about kittens.

Here's a twist on another question...Why shouldn't you win?

Return to “Social Game Archive”