Charnel
Mafia Scum
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2600 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:15 pm

Post by Charnel »

are you trying to make devo win?
one would hardly have joy without another's suffering, no?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2601 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:46 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Good evening everyone.

This game is my first big time Mish Mash game. I didn't expect to make it to the final 2. So many thanks to Devotress and to all of you for that. I'm excited to have come this far.

I will say that I know that my time difference was a big difficulty to overcome. For those that felt that I was carried at points due to it, you are probably right, but I tried to make it up for that in other challenges that I could participate in. The Survivor Trivia challenge comes to mind here, as well as a few others.

I have no animosity towards anyone on the jury. I tried my best to remain true and loyal to those that I pledged my allegiance. But once I started being told that I was on the chopping block, then I went on the defensive, as I am sure anyone else would have done if they were in my shoes. I think the worst thing a person can ever have in their mind in a Survivor game is that they are safe. The minute that you start thinking that is the minute that you are probably going to be blindsided.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2602 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:50 pm

Post by Devotress »

Charnel wrote:are you trying to make devo win?
I hope so :P
But unfortunatly, I think he isn't.

Just telling everyone that my opening statements are near the bottom of the last page since we got onto the next one, incase they missed it.
Charnel
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2603 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:06 pm

Post by Charnel »

Starbuck wrote:This game is my first big time Mish Mash game. I didn't expect to make it to the final 2. So many thanks to Devotress and to all of you for that. I'm excited to have come this far.
does this mean, that if you were honest, you would say that Devotress should be the winner?
one would hardly have joy without another's suffering, no?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2604 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:54 am

Post by Starbuck »

No, that's not what I'm saying at all.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2605 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:14 am

Post by Crazy »

Cool, I believe both of you were part of my original alliance network, though Devotress was through Sudo, I think.

Hey guys, thanks for the 2-1-1 vote. :D I'm sure you were both in on it, but I assume Devotress was the main one orchestrating that? Unless if Starbuck objects?

Starbuck, you say your time zone was a disadvantage in challenges, but was your strategic game good enough to compensate for that? If Sunkist had lost more challenges, how would you have fared? I'm asking because I noticed chau essentially "kicked" you out of the tribe; that can't be a good sign.

Other than that, I'll just ask both of you what your biggest strategic move was. I don't know most of what went on after I was voted off, so I'm curious. :)
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #2606 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:25 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Jury Questioning is now open!

Needs to ask a question
Cybele
Flava Flave
Charnel
Rally Vincent
chauchaudotcom
Sudo_Nym
mask man
crywolf20084
tubby216
TheLonging

Devotress needs to answer
Crazy

Starbuck needs to answer
Crazy
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #2607 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:32 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I have the same question for both of our final two. What do you think was the most important takeaway from this game, that you'll use for future Survivor games?
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #2608 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

starbuck: you mentioned that my trust in you was important/special to you, why?

devoultress: you helped me once, given a chance would you have helped me again?
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
mask man
mask man
Goon
mask man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2609 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by mask man »

Devo: If you were forced to choose between jerking off a horse or a goat, which would you choose assuming that there was a 0% chance of you being physically injured, which would it be?
Starbuck: Would you consume a half cup of shit for over nine-thousand dollars? No nose plugging.
Show
The monster entered the blacksmith.
The monster became Otto the Blacksmith.
Otto the Blacksmith became the strongest man in the village.
But one day he said,
ÔÇ£Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.ÔÇØ
Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!

The hungry monster ate Otto from the inside out.
Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2610 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Flava Flave »

Both, what was your best and worst moment in the game?

Starbuck, why did you think that I would have honestly voted you out over Devotress? (the Devo vote was me and the vote on you was Cyb)

Both, is there anything you'd change in the way you played the game?

Starbuck will probably get my vote based on Devotress's opening statement.
Town: 3-5
Scum: 1-2
3rd party: 2-0
For the sake of MMM's happiness and my own, my sig has been placed here in a more condensed way. I apologize for the old sig and promise to have changed my ways for the better. <3 MMM
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2611 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:21 pm

Post by chauchaudotcom »

Both:

What do you think was your greatest attribute that carried you throughout the game and got you to where you are now?

Star - Given your opening statement, why do you feel you have earned the right to this victory more so then Devotress?

Devo - Out of all that has happened, what was your biggest regret?
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2612 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:57 pm

Post by Devotress »

Big post, resondind to all the questions so far.
Crazy wrote:Cool, I believe both of you were part of my original alliance network, though Devotress was through Sudo, I think.
Yah I'd have been through sudo.

Hey guys, thanks for the 2-1-1 vote. :D I'm sure you were both in on it, but I assume Devotress was the main one orchestrating that? Unless if Starbuck objects?
I did the actual scheming, Starbuck knew about it obviously, but wasn't involved with tricking cybele at all. That said, the whole thing couldn't have happened if starbuck wasn't willing to trust me enough to not turn around and vote her out instead. It was my move but couldn't have done it without starbuck's support/trust.

Other than that, I'll just ask both of you what your biggest strategic move was. I don't know most of what went on after I was voted off, so I'm curious. :)
honestly, I wasn't in a game where I had to make
moves
alot. The strategy I went into this with worked well enough that I was never in serious danger (remember I didn't even recieve a single vote against me untill the final 4) untill the very late game. My biggest strategic move would be tricking cybele in the 2-1-1 vote.

Sudo_Nym wrote:I have the same question for both of our final two. What do you think was the most important takeaway from this game, that you'll use for future Survivor games?
Be more active as a social player. Active regular communication with more than my alliance mates would have made understanding what was going on in the game clearer. There were a few times that I believed someone was a major threat based on believing they had alliances they didn't have and stuff along those lines.
Maybe I could have made smarter votes to get to a less bumpy late game. (final 5 and 4 were kind of risky situations)

crywolf20084 wrote:devoultress: you helped me once, given a chance would you have helped me again?
I wouldn't have shyed away from a mutually benificial cooperation. We might have had an exchange at one point but that wouldn't have stopped me from helping you if it was smart gameplay for me to do so.

Along those lines: Regardless of the fact you're voting for Starbuck here, I see no reason we won't be able to work together in the Road Rules game we're both signed up for, seeing as it looks like we're on the same team and are both strong challenge performers.
mask man wrote:Devo: If you were forced to choose between jerking off a horse or a goat, which would you choose assuming that there was a 0% chance of you being physically injured, which would it be?
Starbuck: Would you consume a half cup of shit for over nine-thousand dollars? No nose plugging.
Hi creepy internet version of Big Tom Buchanan's jury question.

Flava Flave wrote:Both, what was your best and worst moment in the game?
Best moment was the 2-1-1 that got you booted out. That was the time I was in serious danger, and was pretty fun seeing that tribal council post as I scrolled down the page. Especially as Cybele had kept me in suspense (never said for sure if he'd vote starbuck or not)
Worst moment was an early game Tribal Immunity Challenge I wasn't able to be online for. I really felt like crap after being one of the 2 people that cost Sunkist that immunity(I think it was the second challenge).

Both, is there anything you'd change in the way you played the game?
Pretty much the same answer I gave to Sudo's qusetion about what did I take away from the game. I would have been more active socially, talking to more people than I did.
chauchaudotcom wrote: What do you think was your greatest attribute that carried you throughout the game and got you to where you are now?
Being a survivor nerd. Even though it's just a forum game, the excitement of the idea of playing a pretend survivor game allowed me to push through those big long hours of straight posting challenges. Watching so much of the show also had me entering the game with some preconceived ideas of what I thought were smart play tactics, and I really followed through on those for the most part too.

Devo - Out of all that has happened, what was your biggest regret?
Kind of what I was talking about earlier in this big post. I should have been more active socially, talking to more than just the 4 people I felt like I needed. I feel like I could have had a smoother late game had I taken the time to feel out everyone in the game more.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2613 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:42 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Crazy

On the 2-1-1, that was definitely all orchestrated by Devotress. I just tried to give her the encouragement to do it.
Crazy wrote: Starbuck, you say your time zone was a disadvantage in challenges, but was your strategic game good enough to compensate for that? If Sunkist had lost more challenges, how would you have fared? I'm asking because I noticed chau essentially "kicked" you out of the tribe; that can't be a good sign.

I believe my strategic game was good enough to compensate or I wouldn't be here right now. I'm not sure how I would have fared if Sunkist lost more challenges. That's a definite "what if" scenario.

Also, Chau actually answered the kicking out part here with the following...
chauchaudotcom wrote:
Starbuck wrote:chauchaudotcom - You kicked me out of my own team, forcing me to be the odd man out. We never really talked at all, so I'm not quite sure why this occurred. But it seems that you sealed your own fate.
Nothing personal, really. I had to kick someone out if I wanted a re-merge and I was debating between you and tubby. And this:
cyb wrote:tubby216 - Really sorry to see your go. You were a powerhouse during challenges. Occasionally, you carried the tribe, and could have been dangerous in the endgame.
was the exact reason why I ended up picking tubby. I am sorry for putting you in a rather tough position all game though.
Crazy wrote:Other than that, I'll just ask both of you what your biggest strategic move was. I don't know most of what went on after I was voted off, so I'm curious.

I think my biggest strategic move was trusting Devotress to pull off the 2-1-1.

Sudo
Sudo_Nym wrote:What do you think was the most important takeaway from this game, that you'll use for future Survivor games?

Networking. I didn't really talk to many people.

Cayke
crywolf20084 wrote:starbuck: you mentioned that my trust in you was important/special to you, why?

Because I didn't know it was there. I believe that was right when we split back into two tribes. You and I had been on opposite sides for most of the time. It was nice to find out that I had an ally.

mask man

NO. Ewww...

Flava Flave
Flava Flave wrote:Both, what was your best and worst moment in the game?
I think my best moment was winning immunity in the Survivor Trivia challenge.

I think my worst moments were the challenges that I lost due to not being able to be online.
Flava Flave wrote:Starbuck, why did you think that I would have honestly voted you out over Devotress? (the Devo vote was me and the vote on you was Cyb)
Cybele was the one who incited a lot of the crap during the challenge where we had to beat the hell out of each other. He was sending me and Rally all sorts of PMs. Cybele was also the one that stated that Devotress and I had a little alliance. It almost felt like it was coming from the both of you and not just Cybele.

On our last vote there, Devotress had said she talked to you and you had said you were going to vote with Cybele against me. On top of that, your PMs to me weren't all that reassuring. Since Rally had gotten quite hostile before he left the game towards me (even though I didn't place a vote on him to vote him out), I figured he had probably talked to you and you felt the same way because of your lack of replies.
Flava Flave wrote:Both, is there anything you'd change in the way you played the game?
It would be networking. The same thing that I said to Sudo.

chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom wrote:What do you think was your greatest attribute that carried you throughout the game and got you to where you are now?
I think my greatest attribute was my ability to figure out when I needed to protect myself.
chauchaudotcom wrote:Star - Given your opening statement, why do you feel you have earned the right to this victory more so then Devotress?
What do you mean by "given my opening statement"?

I feel I have earned the right to this victory because despite some challenges, I worked hard to get to where I am.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2614 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:50 pm

Post by Devotress »

Starbuck wrote: On our last vote there, Devotress had said she talked to you and you had said you were going to vote with Cybele against me. On top of that, your PMs to me weren't all that reassuring. Since Rally had gotten quite hostile before he left the game towards me (even though I didn't place a vote on him to vote him out), I figured he had probably talked to you and you felt the same way because of your lack of replies.
I did say that I believed he was lying to me in order to just try and get my vote off of him, to be fair.
I allways thought the reason you went with me on voting out flava was that Flava was trying to get me to vote you, didn't tell you he was doing it, and to save himself just incase. And I was trying to get cybele to vote you but was telling you I was doing it and why :P
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2615 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:17 pm

Post by tubby216 »

same question for both

at what point did you think you had final two wrapped up and why?
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2616 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:25 pm

Post by Devotress »

tubby216 wrote:same question for both

at what point did you think you had final two wrapped up and why?
You're asking at what point we felt certain we would make the final 2 right?
I want to say sometime during the final immunity challenge. I was in my stride and since cybele having allready gone before me, I knew I didn't have to last much longer before I'd beat him.
Last edited by Devotress on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2617 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:29 pm

Post by Starbuck »

@Tubby - I didn't know I had it wrapped up until Devotress posted
Vote: Cybele
. It was a nail biter all the way to the end for me.
Rally Vincent
Rally Vincent
Goon
Rally Vincent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2618 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:34 am

Post by Rally Vincent »

A question for both: Do you think the other one would not have made it to F2 if you would have been voted out earlier? Why (not)?
Starbuck wrote: Cybele was the one who incited a lot of the crap during the challenge where we had to beat the hell out of each other. He was sending me and Rally all sorts of PMs.
Cybele did not PM me. I watched the challenge to see what was going on.
Show
The youths who frequent picture palaces
have no need for psychoanalysis.
And though Dr. Freud
is distinctly annoyed
they cling to their long-standing fallacies.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2619 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:53 am

Post by Devotress »

Rally Vincent wrote:A question for both: Do you think the other one would not have made it to F2 if you would have been voted out earlier? Why (not)?
It's my belief that in a Final 3 of Starbuck/Cybele/Flava, both Cybele and Flava probably would have taken Starbuck with them had they won immunity.
Those two can confirm/deny that if they want.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2620 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:17 am

Post by Starbuck »

Rally Vincent wrote:A question for both: Do you think the other one would not have made it to F2 if you would have been voted out earlier? Why (not)?
Starbuck wrote: Cybele was the one who incited a lot of the crap during the challenge where we had to beat the hell out of each other. He was sending me and Rally all sorts of PMs.
Cybele did not PM me. I watched the challenge to see what was going on.
If Flava had made it to the final 3, I think he would have taken me. Cybele, not so much.

Well, then I was wrong there, I PM'd you to let you know that I was getting mass PMs from Cybele during that challenge. It really felt like he was trying to fuck with me.
Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2621 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:59 am

Post by Flava Flave »

Starbuck, I got a PM from Cyb during that one challenge saying that pulling hair was faster, but that was the only time I talked to Cyb until the F4.

Yes, Rally was my first choice to take to the F2 until he was voted out, but you weren't far behind him. Once he left, the plan was to take you to the Final 2.

Just to clarify that.
Town: 3-5
Scum: 1-2
3rd party: 2-0
For the sake of MMM's happiness and my own, my sig has been placed here in a more condensed way. I apologize for the old sig and promise to have changed my ways for the better. <3 MMM
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2622 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:23 am

Post by Cybele »

To be fair, I was just offering advice in those PMs. Pulling hair was legitimately the fastest way to win the challenge, and the reason you didn't win. my side (no, not
mine
, but the side i was aligned with. heck, i'd say it was more of devotress' side really) wasn't competing in that challenge, because we had already figured a way to ensure our immunity. I had nothing but time on my hands, so I decided to see if I could help those that I'd personally prefer to win. That was you, and Flava over Rally (who I saw as more of a threat, no offense RV :P)

As to my question, this is for the both of you:
If you could bring any of the players back to stand with you on the F3, who would it be? Who do you think is most worthy, other than yourselves, to be standing there with you? If anyone, at all.
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2623 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:24 am

Post by chauchaudotcom »

Star, I was referring to these statements:
star wrote:This game is my first big time Mish Mash game.
I didn't expect to make it to the final 2.
So many thanks to Devotress and to all of you for that. I'm excited to have come this far.

I will say that I know that my time difference was a big difficulty to overcome.
For those that felt that I was carried at points due to it, you are probably right, but I tried to make it up for that in other challenges that I could participate in.
The Survivor Trivia challenge comes to mind here, as well as a few others.
Rally Vincent
Rally Vincent
Goon
Rally Vincent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2624 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:35 am

Post by Rally Vincent »

Cybele wrote:I had nothing but time on my hands, so I decided to see if I could help those that I'd personally prefer to win. That was you, and Flava over Rally (who I saw as more of a threat, no offense RV :P)
None taken. My inability to understand english would have frightened the most couragous man. :)
Show
The youths who frequent picture palaces
have no need for psychoanalysis.
And though Dr. Freud
is distinctly annoyed
they cling to their long-standing fallacies.

Return to “Social Game Archive”