Survivor: Seafoam Islands - And the Winner Is . . .

kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:45 pm

Post by kdowns »

Well no... xD
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:57 pm

Post by T-Bone »

WITCHCRAFT I SAY
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:06 pm

Post by T-Bone »

I still want to do the Marathon Survivor game. (THE TOPIC IS GONE!)

Anyone for this Sunday? I still have everything more or less set up for it.

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:07 pm

Post by Xalxe »

In post 77, T-Bone wrote:I still want to do the Marathon Survivor game. (THE TOPIC IS GONE!)

Anyone for this Sunday? I still have everything more or less set up for it.

That is actually devastating.

And if you're talking tomorrow/today, little short notice much?
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:08 pm

Post by T-Bone »

It's already this Sunday for me. I mean next one. No sense trying to plan a date two months down the road.

Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:17 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

If only I would have went with the grain and got out Kdowns when I had the chance instead of trying to keep him knowing the screwup wasn't his fault
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
Pizzadudes7
Pizzadudes7
Goon
Pizzadudes7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:58 am

Post by Pizzadudes7 »

Marathon Survivor next Sunday may work for me.
Show
I definitely did NOT just lose the game. :)

If someone broke something, blame either gravity or kdowns.

I am simply stating things that may or may not need to be changed through my thorough use of sarcasm, trolling, and all around bitchiness.
TheBadOne
TheBadOne
Townie
TheBadOne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:09 am

Post by TheBadOne »

I think next sunday works for me. What time?
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:13 am

Post by T-Bone »

I would want to start at Noon EST, so both the west coasters and Brits have the opportunity to be around. I don't think I can make it accessible to the Aussies too though.

Pizzadudes7
Pizzadudes7
Goon
Pizzadudes7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:16 am

Post by Pizzadudes7 »

No Drench? Awwww.
Show
I definitely did NOT just lose the game. :)

If someone broke something, blame either gravity or kdowns.

I am simply stating things that may or may not need to be changed through my thorough use of sarcasm, trolling, and all around bitchiness.
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:17 am

Post by Drench »

saturdays EST are the only timezone-friendly days for everyone, since there are weekends available to cushion things

i'm definitely not staying up until 6 when i have to wake up at 6 for school, so yeah, aussies won't be able to make it

Pizzadudes7 wrote:No Drench? Awwww.

i know i know
survivor just isn't survivor without me OTT'ing the fuck out of the public forums and my confessional
join your union
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:21 am

Post by T-Bone »

Saturday could be doable for me, but we'd have to start earlier to ensure we finish by 6pm EST

Let me make a topic for this.

Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:24 pm

Post by Blackberry »

I have decided to move the discussion from the Pirate Master thread into this thread, where it belongs.

First off, I would like to apologize to Drench. I was overly harsh, and most of my accusations of 'shitting on the game' were moreso about the game itself than any particular decisions you made. I do still believe your gameplay was poor in comparison with Xalxe's.

I apologize to Xalxe as well. I didn't say anything directly against you, but I do feel you deserve an apology for my indirect harshness to others.

I do not, however, apologize for my criticism of the game itself and the fact that I believe the host (specifically Animorpherv1) ruined the integrity of the game.

I had let Animorpherv1 know of my criticisms from early on and also mentioned that I would be revealing them at the end of the game. I used the jury thread as an outlet and focused my anger/disappointment in the game towards Drench. I do apologize for that. At the time, however, I couldn't exaclty call out the moderators (specifically Animorpherv1) at that point without fear of being "punished".

My case for why the intergrity of the game was ruined is as follows.

[1]
According to Animorpherv1's ruling: A player who utilizes a Hidden Immunity Idol can still be eliminated at a Tribal Council.
Xalxe, Cybele, Drench, if any one of you played a hidden immunity idol but was still eliminated, there is 100% no doubt in my mind that you would no longer think the game made any sense/that you would complain about the game.

However, Animorpherv1 specifically made the judgment call that anyone who played a HII is no longer immune if a tie occurs. In authentic Survivor games, a HII means you are immune, no matter what the circumstances. This decision had a direct impact on the players and the outcome of the game. All major Survivor enthusiasts (as well as the c-omod Kloud) agree with me on this. This was one of the major rulings that upset me and made me lose faith in the game's integrity.

Furthermore, it is speculated that Animorpherv1 made this decision purely out of bias against Crazy for specifically self-voting. Crazy claims that Animorph said Gengar would be eliminated in the event of a tie but was not happy about Crazy purposely self-voting. Animorph may have been aware of Crazy's intentions. And despite whether Crazy's intentions were ethical or not, Animorph may have made his decision with bias specifically against Crazy (and disregarding the integrity of the game) in order to "punish" Crazy (and also punishing Machamp, who had done nothing). As I said, this is purely speculation. And it can not be proved one one or the other. It is, however, motive for direct disregard of the game based on bias.

Also, I found it incredibly hypocritical of Animorpherv1 to state that I "undermined my entire knowledge of Survivor" when he himself in the one with the lack of understanding of Survivor and being "Immune". I also find it hypocritical of Animorpherv1 to say I do not have a "right to be an ass" to someone who was an ass to me (Drench). Yet Animorpherv1 himself is being an ass to me purely because I was an ass.

With all that said. I do apologive if I ruined anyone's fun in the Survivor: Pokemon game. My fun was ruined the moments Animorpherv1 disregarded several of the Survivor rules and made this and a few other "unfair" rulings that affected the game and made little sense. I do however applaud Kloud and Animorpherv1 for hosting the game and thank you for taking the time to do so.

That is all.

xoxo

Blackberry
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:35 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

I don't even know where to start with that.

In authentic Survivor games, a HII means you are immune, no matter what the circumstances.

Since when do my rules have to follow the exact same pattern as the others? I see no rules anywhere that my game has to be the exact same as every other in existence. Find it for me.

Furthermore, it is speculated that Animorpherv1 made this decision purely out of bias against Crazy for specifically self-voting. Crazy claims that Animorph said Gengar would be eliminated in the event of a tie but was not happy about Crazy purposely self-voting. Animorph may have been aware of Crazy's intentions. And despite whether Crazy's intentions were ethical or not, Animorph may have made his decision with bias specifically against Crazy (and disregarding the integrity of the game) in order to "punish" Crazy (and also punishing Machamp, who had done nothing). As I said, this is purely speculation. And it can not be proved one one or the other. It is, however, motive for direct disregard of the game based on bias.

Lies. I never once punished Crazy for this other than his self vote. Although I should have, I believe.

Also, I found it incredibly hypocritical of Animorpherv1 to state that I "undermined my entire knowledge of Survivor" when he himself in the one with the lack of understanding of Survivor and being "Immune". I also find it hypocritical of Animorpherv1 to say I do not have a "right to be an ass" to someone who was an ass to me (Drench). Yet Animorpherv1 himself is being an ass to me purely because I was an ass.

When was Drench being an ass to you all game? And I don't apologize for being "hypocritical" as I don't believe you deserve the win in Pirate Masters in any way shape or form, because you did next to nothing all game. Xalxe and I were the ones that came up with all the plans.

Keep on whining that you're not getting your way. It gets you places with other whiny babies.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Post by Cybele »

In post 87, Blackberry wrote:
Cybele, if any one of you played a hidden immunity idol but was still eliminated, there is 100% no doubt in my mind that you would no longer think the game made any sense/that you would complain about the game.
I disagree with this assumption. Since it was a decision made prior to the event, as long as it is consistently enforced, and there is a clear line of logic for it, and doesn't clearly advantage some players over others, I don't fucking care. The decision simply was:
In the event of a tie-breaker, all circumstances previously altering the number of votes received will be negated.
This was previously applied to Chansey's modvotes, for example. It is, in the end, the moderator's decision, and not one that I feel really ruins the integrity of the game.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Post by JDGA »

In real Survivor, you don't have to worry about self-votes.
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:51 pm

Post by Blackberry »

First off, stating that I am "whining" and being a "whiny baby" only demeans your character (IMO).

I am apologizing for what I did wrong, and making a statement about my beliefs.

I only ask other players:
If you were playing a game, played a HII, and were eliminated, true or false, you would complain/think poorly of the game.

At Cybele - the decision was not made previously before the game. Kloud disagreed with the decision and believe said person playing a HII should be Immune.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:54 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 91, Blackberry wrote:First off, stating that I am "whining" and being a "whiny baby" only demeans your character (IMO).

THE FUCKS I GIVE.

THEY ARE FALLING OUT OF THE SKY.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:55 pm

Post by Cybele »

I'd like kloud's comment on this before I reply, I guess.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:13 pm

Post by Xalxe »

In post 92, animorpherv1 wrote:
In post 91, Blackberry wrote:First off, stating that I am "whining" and being a "whiny baby" only demeans your character (IMO).

THE FUCKS I GIVE.

THEY ARE FALLING OUT OF THE SKY.

lol

I will read and respond to Blackberry's blustering in a few.
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:45 pm

Post by Xalxe »

I apologize to Xalxe as well. I didn't say anything directly against you, but I do feel you deserve an apology for my indirect harshness to others.

Oh didn't you. Oh really. What happened to "we should all vote for Dragonite lololol?" Because that was fairly well directly against me.

[1]
According to Animorpherv1's ruling: A player who utilizes a Hidden Immunity Idol can still be eliminated at a Tribal Council.
Xalxe, Cybele, Drench, if any one of you played a hidden immunity idol but was still eliminated, there is 100% no doubt in my mind that you would no longer think the game made any sense/that you would complain about the game.

However, Animorpherv1 specifically made the judgment call that anyone who played a HII is no longer immune if a tie occurs. In authentic Survivor games, a HII means you are immune, no matter what the circumstances. This decision had a direct impact on the players and the outcome of the game. All major Survivor enthusiasts (as well as the c-omod Kloud) agree with me on this. This was one of the major rulings that upset me and made me lose faith in the game's integrity.

Okay I'm confused here. Where did anybody play an Idol and then get eliminated precisely? Because yes, that would be wrong. But that
never happened
, so I'm not really sure what the fuck your issue is here.

In addition, I would like to point out most excellent use of the "No True Scotsman" fallacy ("authentic Survivor games"). In addition, you are full of shit. In particular, I point you to Survivor: Pandemonium, where players who sat out of challenges were Immune should their tribe lose. Did you throw a fit about this? No, and I suspect that it is due to the fact that in that game, you
weren't an insufferable prick
made it to the Final 2. Which leads me to my overarching point which I'll discuss at the end.

In post 87, Blackberry wrote:Furthermore, it is speculated that Animorpherv1 made this decision purely out of bias against Crazy for specifically self-voting. Crazy claims that Animorph said Gengar would be eliminated in the event of a tie but was not happy about Crazy purposely self-voting. Animorph may have been aware of Crazy's intentions. And despite whether Crazy's intentions were ethical or not, Animorph may have made his decision with bias specifically against Crazy (and disregarding the integrity of the game) in order to "punish" Crazy (and also punishing Machamp, who had done nothing). As I said, this is purely speculation. And it can not be proved one one or the other. It is, however, motive for direct disregard of the game based on bias.

Logs or it didn't happen.

In post 87, Blackberry wrote:Also, I found it incredibly hypocritical of Animorpherv1 to state that I "undermined my entire knowledge of Survivor" when he himself in the one with the lack of understanding of Survivor and being "Immune". I also find it hypocritical of Animorpherv1 to say I do not have a "right to be an ass" to someone who was an ass to me (Drench). Yet Animorpherv1 himself is being an ass to me purely because I was an ass.

Blackberry. No. You're full of shit. ani is an ass to you because you were an ass in his game. You are an ass to Drench because...wait why? He was mean to you on the Jury? Poor baby. Suck it up and deal. If you notice, I was on the brink of just going to town on you but I didn't because I knew it wouldn't make me friends, but I'm fed up with your shit.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:17 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Xalxe, to be honest, if your intention of your post is to attack me and side with Ani, you're doing a very poor job. If you wish to take part in the discussion, I do ask that you actually READ and consider all sides instead of just flinging mud and hoping it sticks. Because right now, you have very poor responses (in terms of comprehension of everything I stated) and pretty much just told Ani "Yes, I agree with BB that anyone who plays a HII should be immune and you made a mistake in that TC".

A) I am trying to apologize. Who takes an apology and responds with attacking the person apologizing?

B) Read the game and the rules. If you state "Where did anybody play an Idol and then get eliminated precisely? Because yes, that would be wrong." then Gengar should have gotten out the TC that Machamp did. Gengar was saved because Dragonite was "at risk" and thus tied with Gengar. If you genuinely believe that anyone that plays a HII shouldn't be eliminated under any circumstances, then Gengar should have legitimately been eliminated at that TC and Machamp should have stayed in the game.

C) Animorph and Crazy will admit everything I just said. The only question is whether his decision had bias or not. My comment is that it is just speculation. But it does provide motive. I don't think Ani is going to lie and say "none of that ever happened". He already admitted it did.

D) Drench has been brutal to me on the mafiascum forums for absolutely no reason (not in the game of SSI).
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:37 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 96, Blackberry wrote:C) Animorph and Crazy will admit everything I just said. The only question is whether his decision had bias or not. My comment is that it is just speculation. But it does provide motive. I don't think Ani is going to lie and say "none of that ever happened". He already admitted it did.

In post 88, animorpherv1 wrote:

Lies. I never once punished Crazy for this other than his self vote. Although I should have, I believe

Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:40 pm

Post by Blackberry »

What exactly do you deny Animorph?

You just admitted on facebook chat "Yes I told Crazy that Gengar would go but that was a mistake".

You were clearly upset/mad at Crazy for purposely self-voting, as suggested by kloud's post in the thread, you asking Crazy not to self-vote, and your post about not manipulating the rules, as well as AIM Chats between me and you.

So motive was clearly there.
What part do you deny?

Xalxe said "logs or it didn't happen". Everything that was said is already confirmed to have happened by you/me/Crazy.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:47 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

I only gave kloud the self-vote. That's it.

Also, I'm confused as to what you're doing. Crazy and Kage had both self voted that round. Henceforth, the first tiebreaker is auto skipped, no matter what happens.

Return to “Social Game Archive”