Big Brother: Espionage (Game Over, but who won?)

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:26 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 724, Xalxe wrote:Rocks fall, everybody dies.

Wednesday -> Thursday -> Friday -> SATURDAY.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Nicholas1024
Nicholas1024
The Ides of Mash
Nicholas1024
The Ides of Mash
The Ides of Mash

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:44 am

Post by Nicholas1024 »

JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:18 am

Post by JDGA »

Due to QuickTopic turning out to actually be really bad for this challenge, we're going to find a different medium. Sorry about this guys, this challenge could probably have been handled a lot better than it is >_<
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:49 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Hey guys. We'll be using the seafoam boards. for this challenge. If you gforgot your password, I'll reset it for you. Feel free to post it anywhere you like within the boards.

3 more days.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:53 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Actually, if you would do it in your confessionals, that would be nice.

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:54 am

Post by Xalxe »

Surprise Special Guest: Chansey!
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:55 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 730, Xalxe wrote:Surprise Special Guest: Chansey!

:lol:

Chansey is feel free to watch.

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:57 am

Post by Xalxe »

I is feel! Yay for me! I can has to be feel!
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
James Bond
James Bond
Watcher
James Bond
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:39 am

Post by James Bond »

HoH #11 - Results

Alright, so first things off, Nicholas1024 failed about 40 minutes in, and was the first to fail, so I didn't check him. His final time adds up to about about an hour with the 17 minute add.

TheBadOne failed exactly 1 hour in. He threw a yellow, caught it 1 minute early, and failed to catch it again. His time ends up to 1 hour and 14 minutes with the add in.

kloud1516, how did you do?

kloud1516 failed
1 hour and 58 minutes in!
He caught a brown 1 minute too late. With the 14 minute add-in, his time adds up to 2 hours and 4 minutes.

Kloud1516, you are our final HoH!

24 hours.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:49 am

Post by Cybele »

1h58m
+ 14m

2h12m
TheBadOne
TheBadOne
Townie
TheBadOne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:55 am

Post by TheBadOne »

Congrats Kloud!
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:23 pm

Post by kloud1516 »

Last round I stood before three friends and, in a flowery speech, congratulated our access to the Final Four. As Espionage would have it, here I am again, and to say the feeling is bittersweet would be a gross understatement. I'll try to be brief here, as I realize no one really wants to sift through another wall of text from me. So where does this leave me? Where does this leave us, Nick and TBO? I dread beginnings almost as much as I fear endings, but today I start with a sincere thank you.

Personally, this moment is triumphant. I conquered my fear of the juggling challenge and didn't embarrass myself in the process. This moment is surreal, for I managed to progress through this game with unfaltering allies. Hours of chatzy conversations, AIM posts, and private message correspondence have led to this moment, the one that we have anticipated since June. Reflecting on the game is dizzying, maddening, nauseating, and a lot more -ings. Mostly, however, I am overcome with gratitude. We each took a leap of faith and look where we landed: the endgame. But this is as far as the three of us can go together. This is where our paths must diverge for the time being. Before I make my decision, I only ask that you look back on this game fondly and celebrate the journey. Thank you both. Thank you so so much.

With that said, I think it is time to make my decision official. I vote to evict you,
{Nick}

You played a phenomenal game and no one can say otherwise. It was a privilege to play Big Brother: Espionage with you.
James Bond
James Bond
Watcher
James Bond
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:28 pm

Post by James Bond »

Congratulations, kloud1516 and TheBadOne! You each have 3 days to post your Jury Statements.

Immediately after, we will move into Jury questions & voting.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:33 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

And Nicholas1024 does get his goodbye post. Obviously.

Nicholas1024
Nicholas1024
The Ides of Mash
Nicholas1024
The Ides of Mash
The Ides of Mash

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:44 pm

Post by Nicholas1024 »

This was a triumph.
I'm making a note here. Huge success.
It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.
Big Brother: Espionage.
We do what we must, because, we can.
For the good of all of us.
Except the ones who are dead.

But there's no sense crying over every lost game.
You just keep on trying 'till you make it all the way.
And the alliances get done, and you make a nice run
With the people who are still alive.

I'm not even angry.
I'm being so sincere, right now.
Even though you broke my heart, and killed me.
And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
As they burned, it hurt because,
I was so happy for you.

Now these points of data make a beautiful line,
and we're out of beta, we're releasing on time.
So I'm glad I got burned, think of all the things we learned.
For the people who are still alive.

Go ahead and evict me.
I think I don't mind defeat this time.
Maybe you'll find someone else to help you.
Like maybe xRECKONER.
That was a joke. Ha ha. Fat chance.
Anyway, this game was great,
it was quite interesting.

Look at me still talking when there's Survivor to do.
When I look at the jury it makes me glad I'm not you.
I've alliances to run, there's diplomacy to be done,
With the people who are still alive.

And believe me I am still alive!
I'm playing Survivor and I'm still alive!
I feel fantastic and I'm still alive!
While you're modding I'll be still alive!
And when it's all done I'll be still alive!

Still alive!

Still alive.

Alright, in all seriousness, I'm not about to be bitter over this. Both of you were the best allies I could possibly ask for, and overall this was an awesome game to play in. I'd hoped to make my case in front of the jury, but this time around it wasn't meant to be. Best of luck to both of you, and I look forwards to playing with you again!

(Now if you'll excuse me, I believe I owe someone an apology and an explanation.)
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:00 pm

Post by kloud1516 »

I. TORCH WALK |
Before casting my vote to evict, Nicholas asked that I begin my Opening Statement with a Torch Walk. To maintain the spirit of this Survivor-influenced Big Brother game, I gladly accepted, but also realized the feature would make this post extremely dense. To avoid this, I separated the Torch Walk from the bulk of this post with a spoiler. Hopefully that make things a bit easier on the moderator(s), the Jury, and audience. Please burn these messages after reading.

Spoiler: Torch Walk
Mist7676 |
It’s curious how the softest of voices can have the greatest impact on a situation. You won no challenges and cast no votes. By all accounts, your time in this game was short, but in that span of days you managed to establish the tone of Big Brother: Espionage and solidified the group dynamic. This game could have progressed very differently without your involvement, as your efforts to survive allowed me to line up my crosshairs on several other players. Thank you, Mist.

D3f3nd3r |
Though our interaction was brief, I must tip my hat to you as a player. I don’t know too many individuals who would be willing to compromise on early challenge advantages, and to be honest I was pleasantly surprised when you decided to negotiate. You were a promising player, but I think you were dealt a bad hand in this game. You became an early victim of circumstance, so don’t let that discourage you from entering games of this nature in the future.

CryMeARiver |
You were one of two people in this game with whom I never spoke. Like Mist, however, you – and, more specifically, your eviction – had a profound impact on my gameplay. I had a feeling that you would be the one to go that round, but I didn’t anticipate it being by such a wide margin. From that moment forward, I knew that a direct approach would put me and my allies at risk. Your exit forced me to pause and to re-evaluate my position in this game, so in a macabre way I thank you for waking me up.

DeathNote |
You were the first person evicted while I was Head of Household. I saw you playing on borrowed time, and decided to make a calculated risk that paid off to a certain degree. We had minimal contact and I found it difficult to trust you. That said, I apologize for the nature of your eviction. There was a larger plan in motion and that unfortunately sealed your fate.

MattP |
Besides CMAR, you were the only other player in this game with whom I never spoke. I can’t say that I never tried, though. In earlier rounds I regarded you with caution. T-Bone revealed early on that you two had been in contact. On the other hand, TheBadOne also said he was working to maintain a loose relationship with you. As time passed and your presence in the game continued to fade, you became an easy nomination. I think inactivity hurt you most of all in this game, which is unfortunate because I believe you were in a decent position going into Week 05.

T-Bone |
I could write a novel to you and it probably still wouldn’t be enough space to organize all my thoughts about you as a player and our relationship in this game. I respect your blunt nature; you were never afraid to speak your mind or to fight for what you wanted, and in my eyes that made you a lethal competitor. I always walked away from our AIM conversations with a mix of frustration and anxiety. You seemed sincere at times, but your tendency to put space between us made it harder for me to take you at face value. I can’t say I was a saint in this pairing by any stretch of the imagination, but as players like Crazy can attest, you all but alienated possible allies. Even so, you were poised to take a position of power in this game. The prospect of you and Reck teaming up terrified me, especially when your aggressive strategy intensified. I came to fear your relationship with Framm and your budding conversations with kdowns, as both of them seemed too willing to work with you as we approached the Jury phase. I saw this as a threat to my number security. Add this with the information you received from JDGA {more to come on this in my Opening Statement} and I couldn’t risk keeping you in the game. Had I not convinced Crazy to leave nominations the same Round 06 and had I not persuaded TBO, Nick, and kdowns to vote for you I have no doubt that you would have likely been sitting in the Final Two.

James Bond |
Don’t you have a movie to promote, or are you going to let Adele do all the talking? In all seriousness, thank you, Mr. Bond, for hosting this game.

kondi2424 |
There is still a PM sitting in my outbox that explains why I voted to evict you. We didn’t communicate frequently, but when we did I could see that you were a shrewd player. I came to appreciate your thoughts on the game and found your outlook on MishMash in general to be refreshing. At first I found it difficult to connect with you, but after applying my strategies to mafia theory I think we came to understand one another a bit more. Yours was the eviction where things began to get more difficult. Please believe me when I say my vote was not personal--I just couldn’t vote to keep you over Crazy.

Crazy |
Hello, friend. You entered this game with the taint of “Scizor” still on your meta, but managed to overcome it. I think I got too much joy out of watching you fight to become PoV King, and indeed you did pull of some impressive victories. I only wish you had tried to assimilate more, or to further assert yourself into the game’s dialogue. I feel like you decided to fly under the radar but inevitably fell off the map. Had you played a bit differently in the rounds leading up to your eviction, I think you could have made a run for the end. When all of this is over, please please please force me to catch up on the most recent Survivor season, as I think only you have that power.

xRECKONERx |
I can’t help but wonder how things could or would have worked out between us had we communicated a bit earlier in the game. As I’m sure some of the Jury has informed you by now, you were one of my prime targets for a majority of the game. You and T-Bone seemed to be convinced there was a super alliance in play, but I honestly do not believe that was the case. Sure, a dominant voting bloc arose as we drew closer to the jury, but that was because I tried to prevent players from jumping ship. I targeted you pre-Jury because you posed a very real threat to my game; Mist, Crazy, and kondi each approached me with information that you had considered backdooring me Round 01. I cast attention your way because it was easy to do so--you were the only other player in the game that has won a Survivor/Big Brother game. True, Botswana took an extended hiatus, but I hoped that people would only look at the Sole Survivor title next to your name and see you as the greatest threat. They did, which minimized the target on my back and allowed me to clear the way for me and my allies. As we entered the Jury phase and the two of us began to talk a bit, my attitudes toward you changed. You became a threat for new reasons--you were the lone wolf. You had few allies, you sacrificed your votes, and you had been nominated more than any other player in the game. You would have been invincible in front of a Jury. I spent the entirety of this game eliminating your allies so that I could more easily get rid of you, but when the time came to finally evict you I didn’t feel hostility or relief--all I could do was respect you and what you endured over the course of this game.

Framm 18 |
Between your eviction and kdowns’ eviction I am surprised I didn’t undergo some sort of mental rupture. You were nothing but an honest (albeit quiet) ally that I put in a horrible situation. As I’m sure Nick has explained to you by now, we had every intention of telling you about the three-way alliance between me, Nick, and TBO. I stated several times in the game that I wanted all of us to get as far as we could, and I meant that. I wanted nothing but the best for you in this game, but in the end I found myself in a quagmire of loyalties. I could have followed Nick’s wishes and evicted kdowns, thereby upholding my bond to you for another round. I could have also usurped Nick’s HoH with my Golden Power of Veto, pulled you or kdowns off the block, and ensured things panned out how I wanted. Ultimately that wouldn’t have been fair to any of the remaining players, so instead of taking the cowardly way out with the PoV I decided to tell you about the vote. I hope you accept my apologies and can eventually forgive me.

kdowns |
You were the Eric to my Lisa {BB3}, the Sarah to my James {BB6}, the less obnoxious Brendan to my less banshee-like Rachel {BB12/13}. Most importantly, though, you were the Mike Boogie to my Dr. Will. For the second round in a row, I was forced to choose which path the game would take. I could have saved you and allowed you to evict Nick, or I could leave things the same. As we all know, I chose the latter. Whatever my choice, I couldn’t avoid hurting someone. Couldn’t avoid letting someone down. Throughout this game I defended you, and as in the past this frustrated other players to no end. Why do you insist on keeping him, they would ask. How can you trust him? It wasn’t until I recently looked back over SDI that I came to understand why we make such a good team--we understand each other, and we were willing to do anything to keep one another safe. I was there to keep you from making blunders in the social game, and together we won challenges to make our way through the game.

When all was said and done, though, I failed you. Anything I can say at this point would seem insubstantial to you. I have my reasons for making the decision I did, but that’s not to say I didn’t agonize over it. I only hope that you can come to look past that--not as a juror, but as a friend.

Nicholas1024 |
NICK! How’s the weather over there? After the last two messages to Framm and kdowns please understand that I am in need of something goofy and uplifting. I don’t know how many times I can say this, but it was an honor to play this game with you. I admired your tact in Seafoam Islands and valued your sense of transparency. You set a bar for allies with which very few can hope to compete. I speak for TBO and myself when saying our nights on AIM were brightened by your presence. I keep waiting for the moment when you return as Gandalf the White to shepherd us away from this game, but I suppose I’ll have to stay patient. Thank you so much for trusting in me--I know it may have been vexing at times but we got through. Hopefully this Torch Walk session meets your standards, but if it doesn’t let me know and I will do them ALL OVER AGAIN.

II. OPENING STATEMENT |
I applied for
Big Brother: Espionage
not knowing how I'd fare, but remained confident in my ability to navigate this environment of power struggles and social nuance. Through a combination of luck, patience, and calculation, I have achieved the ultimate goal of survival, and did so in the company of phenomenal players, allies, and friends. Since June, I have worked to control my fate in this game, but today that is no longer possible. You as a Jury now hold all power. You must now analyze my gameplay and compare my journey to TheBadOne's. At the end of this process you will deliberate and cast seven coveted votes. Yours is the authority of ultimate judgement, and I hope that, after months of play, you collectively deem me most deserving of the win.

One of the largest assumptions made in this game was that if two people talked they were aligned, but this was not always the case. I crafted my gameplay to suit a social game first and a challenge game second; I always approached players with their interests in mind, explaining how their motives would be advanced through my ideas or how we could collectively prosper from a given action. I acknowledged that challenge wins, though important in Big Brother, would only hinder me down the road. The purpose of the Head of Household position and Power of Veto is to further one's own objectives, but I believe and still believe that, in this game, those two resources were poisonous to me--that they only hurt my chances of success. I fought to win only when I needed to, but also dedicated myself to consistent challenge performance. In the many rounds I didn't win, I pushed my agenda to advance myself and my allies. Throughout the game, I won four challenges to TBO's five, yes, but was almost always nipping at the heels of the victor. I played with a purpose. My victories underscore how closely I followed this game--I won both challenges that required intimate knowledge of game events. As of today, I had to remind TBO of how many challenges he'd won. This admission is not meant to belittle TBO's achievements in any way, but I hope that it speaks to our different levels of involvement throughout this game.

For me complacency was never an option. I knew that, to get to the end, I would have to excel on a strategic level. Unbeknownst to most players while playing the game (I assume this information has since been shared), I was appointed Bounty Hunter and made quick work of evicting my target, DeathNote, in a unanimous vote. Immediately following that round, one of the mods informed the Bounty Hunter Hunter, T-Bone, that the Bounty Hunter had completed his mission--effectively mod confirming that I had a Golden Power of Veto. The issue was rarely pressed to me directly, and so I took the opportunity to subtly suggest that Reck had won the Bounty Hunter position. Why Reck? With his involvement elsewhere on the site he seemed to be a logical candidate. He had the greatest number of contacts, and was therefore in the best position to win. The decision was not a personal attack. It was simply a means by which I could deflect attention from me and onto other high-profiled targets. By perpetuating the house's fear of threats to me and my alliance, I bought myself enough time to tend loose ends and set my sights on the endgame.

There is no map to outline one's way to the Final Two, and while TBO and I worked together to reach this point I believe our paths were worlds apart. Soon as the cast was announced, I began to play this game and never stopped. I knew that overt gameplay would ruin me. I would have to operate under the guise of solitude, quickly and cautiously garnering support whilst I kept an eye on early threats. From past Big Brother experiences, I knew all too well that a conglomerate or "super" alliance would implode, so instead I worked to establish a network of alliances. My social game was founded on a desire to foster relationships with players. I committed myself to developing close, genuine bonds with not only my allies, but the majority of the house. In this way I could more easily verify information coming from one source against that of another, and map out strategies more effectively. By maintaing amicable relationships I hoped to ensure my name, though likely an option, was never at the top of a nomination list. At the end of the day, however, I realize that such extensive communication forced me to make some difficult decisions. I may have hurt some of you, and for that I am deeply sorry. When judging me against my ally, please do not take this game personally. Instead, see me as the competitor with four challenge wins (three consecutively) and the player who, with the exception of CryMeARiver, not only cast a vote for every player on the round they were eliminated, but more often than not lobbied for their eviction. This supports my claim to have had influence over the events of the game and a finger on its pulse throughout.

In conclusion, I leave you all with this: I am the only player in this game to have never been nominated, but I would deeply appreciate your votes now. I meant everything I said in my Torch Walk; it was an honor playing this game with each and every one of you. I intend to answer your questions as honestly as I can. Thank you.
Last edited by kloud1516 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheBadOne
TheBadOne
Townie
TheBadOne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:03 am

Post by TheBadOne »

~ Opening Statement ~

First of all, I want to thank you all for this great game. It’s been going on for almost four months now, and the end is getting near. I have enjoyed every minute of this game, and every player contributed something to the game. This was my first Big Brother game, and this is also the first time I reach the finals in an ORG on this site. I am really looking forward to answering all your questions! That said, I’ll try to keep my opening speech as short as possible.

Immediately when the game started, Nich sent me a message, asking for an alliance with him and Kloud. I had worked together with Nich in seafoam and we had been friends in All Stars, while we couldn’t work together there. I knew he was a very loyal, smart ally and friend. I had played with Kloud in Destiny Islands, where he played a very strong game, and I talked with him a lot during Seafoam. I hadn’t worked together with him before this game, but I liked him and I knew he was a loyal person. Only a couple of hours in the game, I already had a very strong alliance, and my goal was to be in the final 3 with both of them. Off course three players isn’t enough, so we decided to go for some side-alliances. I didn’t know more than half of the people in this game. While I think Kloud had some people willing to work with him due to his good reputation, I had to work with a lot of new people.

My strategy was to start talking to the less known players like Matt and D3f3nd3r. I made an alliance with both of them (I’ll explain my full thoughts about them in my torchwalk) pretty early in the game. A little later I also approached DeathNote and Kondi. While DeathNote acted strange, I made an alliance with Kondi, and a little later with Crazy. The game had just begun, but I had already put myself in a very good position because of my F3 pact with Nich and Kloud and my several side deals.

And here I am now, in the final 2 with Kloud. That’s exactly how I wanted it. My goal was to reach the finals with either Nich or Kloud. They have been the best allies I could’ve asked for, and I absolutely enjoyed working with them. We made every decision together, especially early on, and I felt like I always had a certain control over the game. That is proven by that fact that I have always voted for the person who ended up being evicted, with the exception of CryMeARiver. That is the only time something didn’t go according to my plans. Even though I was nominate twice, I felt like I wouldn’t go home because I had put myself in a good enough position.

This was my opening statement. I hope to get some good questions from you, the jurors, which I will answer in all honesty. I'll post my torch walk now in a spoiler, to give some more detailed thoughts about all of you.

~ Torch Walk ~

Mist7676
You were one of the many people I didn’t know before the game. The first eviction we both were nominated together. I think you deserve better than the last place. You seemed a promising player, even though I have never got the chance to talk to you. There’s not much more I can say about you, you weren’t in the game long enough to leave an impact on me.

D3f3nd3r
Oh, D3f3nd3r. Because I didn’t know you, I started a conversation with you early in the game. You immediately offered me an alliance, which I gladly accepted. I enjoyed talking to you, as you were a bright person. But when you were nominated, things changed. You were mad at me, like it was my fault you were nominated. Your emotions took the upper hand and you started threatening me. I couldn’t accept that and I voted you out. D3f3nd3r, you have the potential of becoming a good player, but you have to control your emotions better. Everyone has setbacks in this game, you have to fight back.

CryMeARiver
Even though we never talked, I didn't want you to be evicted that round. You were up against Reck, who I saw as a huge threat, and I wanted him gone. I thought there would be enough votes on him to make sure he got evicted, but that didn't happen. You got booted 6-3. That eviction opened my eyes. Maybe my allies weren't as loyal to me as they were to others like Reck or T-Bone? Some people lied to me about that vote, and it made me realise I some of my allies couldn't be trusted. So while your exit didn't go as planned, it was still good to open my eyes. I can't tell anything personal about you, because we never talked in this whole game. From the start of this game, I saw you as one of Reck's allies, so I didn't talk to you.

DeathNote
Don't you realise the social aspect is very important in a game like this, or did you just choose not to talk to me? When I sent you a message to start our conversation, you immediately got angry at me. That's not how you make friends. Later you announced I was your enemy. Whatever. I knew you didn't have too much of an impact on the game, so I didn't mind you got voted out.

MattP
Matt. I contacted you very early on about an alliance, and you gladly accepted. I thought you would be loyal to me, but unfortunately you chose not to. You became pretty inactive, and we barely talked anymore. I also heard you were talking with T-Bone, so all of these things made me decide you could not be trusted. When you were evicted you didn't even try to save yourself, you didn't even send me a message. I made the conclusion you didn't want to work with me, or you just didn't care about the game anymore. Whatever it was, I had no reason to keep you around and thus I voted for you to be evicted

T-Bone
When the game started, I decided not to approach you because I expect you would still be mad because of Seafoam. Initially I saw you as Reck's right hand, but you have proven to be much more than that. You were a very strong competitor, and you were definitely playing this game. You had influence over a lot of people, and later on I saw you as a big threat. Kondi vetoed you out of eviction. Crazy also wanted to take you off the block the round you were nominated, and it took me a lot to convince him not to. This shows how well you have played the game, as many people wanted to keep you around. I initially wanted to vote out Reck that round, but Kloud convinced me you were playing the game more and you were much more of a threat. In retrospect, he was right. It was good we evicted you that round, because if we didn't I don't know how far you could've got. So congratulations on your performance, you definitely were a big player in this game

kondi2424
As I said in my opening statement, I made a lot of early alliances. Except for my F3 pact with Nich and Kloud, I saw you as my closest ally early on. I wanted to get you as far as possible in this game. Early on we talked a lot and I put my trust in you. But the round I was HoH all my trust in you got away. First you vetoed T-Bone when I nominated T-Bone and Reck. Yes, you had asked my opinion about it, but it was a first sign to me that you had some other deals going on as well. Secondly, and most important, you voted for CMAR to be evicted over Reck. While I explicitly asked you to vote for Reck, I am fairly sure you voted for CMAR. And even after that you kept claiming you voted for Reck. This made all my trust in you go away, and thus I voted to evict you over Crazy.

Crazy
Ah, Crazy. Because Kondi suggested a 3-player alliance with the three of us, you and I started talking. After a bit about seafoam, we started talking more about the game, and I really enjoyed working with you. We've had some good conversations on AIM, and besides Kloud and Nich you were definitely my best ally. I wanted to take you even further, but at your eviction ceremony Nich and Kloud really wanted to keep kdowns and vote out you, so I couldn't save you there. I loved playing with you though, and you played a more than decent game. I hope we can play together again in future games!

xRECKONERx
Heh, Reck. I remember my surveys in the early rounds. To the question: 'Who do you think is the strongest in my game', I answered you everytime. I knew you had a strong reputation and I knew you'd immediately try to take control of this game. You were, definitely in the beginning of the game, one of the power players in this game, with a lot of players listening to you. I have always tried to get you out, and I am glad I was finally able to at the F6. At the end, there wasn't really anything you could do anymore, as all of your allies were already evicted. It disappoints me you never sent me a message though. You have never tried to convince me not to vote for you. I don't know if you were that committed to this game at the end, but nonetheless you played a great game. When I saw the playerlist, I expected you to go far, and even though you haven't reached the endgame you have definitely played a big role in this game.

Framm18
Your eviction against kdowns was a very difficult decision for me. We haven't talked that much in this game, but we had mutual allies so we were actually working together. The few times I talked to you you always seemed calm and bright, a very valuable gift. When you were up against Kdowns in the Final 5, Kloud was heavily pushing for your eviction, while Nich wanted to keep you safe and evict kdowns. I chose to keep kdowns safe, because I know him a little better, and because of the simple fact that, while I was doubting what to do, he sent me a pm during that eviction ceremony. That said, I think you played a very solid game, and whenever I heard people talk about you, it was always in a positive way.

kdowns
I've played with you a couple of times before, but we have never been allies in a game. We've helped each other a few times this game, but we've never really had a close bond. I wanted to give you a spot in the F4 though, because I think you deserved it. You've played a good game, out of the spotlights, and you definitely deserve your fourth place. Thank you very much for playing, and I am looking forward to your jury questions!

Nicholas1024
Many, many times I've thought you were mad at me, or you didn't trust me anymore. It seemed like I always had to initiate the conversation. I've always had the thought you liked Kloud more than you liked me. That said, I love working with you and everytime you play, you are a power player. You definitely know how to play these games, and you would deserve a spot in the final 2 too. You were a great ally Nich, and I want to thank you for working with me. You're one of the smartest players I've ever played with. Congratulations.
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:08 am

Post by kloud1516 »

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:34 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Jury Phase begins NOW.

The Jury has 3 days to ask questions & send in vote. They may ask as many questions as they like.

kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:18 am

Post by kdowns »

In post 699, kloud1516 wrote:You, kdowns, sit next to Nick out of my whimsical desire to uphold "tradition." When all is said and done, we can laugh about your tenure on the nomination block, continuing a joke that is now several games in the making.

When you had nominated me in the F4 you said this about me. Would you care to elaborate on this tradition?

TBO, I've known that you've like to play an Honest game and I sorta exploited that in F5 eviction ceremony by PMing you to, "Uphold your promise." What drives you to play a honest game?

To Both, I had originally plan to ask this as the F4, but I am asking you to rank from Mist to you Two, who would have the greatest chance to win this game had they made it to the F2?
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:40 am

Post by T-Bone »

Okay guys, congrats. I've played a couple of these games before, but I think this time is the first time I am satisfied with the Final 2 players remaining.

TBO - Two things, one, I don't hold grudges so you should have contacted me. TBH I don't remember who's who from Seafoam and that was my fault anyway for making everyone think I was Chesskid (I'd vote him out any game in a heartbeat too) But here's my question. It looked like to me that you entire social game was played through other players (Kloud and Nick) Tell me or show me why this isn't the case.

Kloud - I disagree with your torch walk assessment, especially early on in the game when deals and alliances were being formed. Explain why you felt was putting space between us because I felt it was always you who was hiding something, and other than Reck, you were the player I talked to and told the most about during the game. Even when I discovered you were the BH, I actually didn't out you until I was in the jury house. While you were in the "mega" alliance and while I talked to people about it I always kept your name out of the conversation and made kdowns and TBO the scapegoats to those of us (kondi, Crazy, etc.) outside the alliance. So, in addition to everything else I talked about tell me about how you worked for your allies, and more importantly how you just plain worked them over.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:48 am

Post by kloud1516 »

In post 744, kdowns wrote:
In post 699, kloud1516 wrote:You, kdowns, sit next to Nick out of my whimsical desire to uphold "tradition." When all is said and done, we can laugh about your tenure on the nomination block, continuing a joke that is now several games in the making.

When you had nominated me in the F4 you said this about me. Would you care to elaborate on this tradition?

Definitely. As I said in that statement, the "tradition" was a running joke shared not only between us, but among a few other members of the Mish Mash community. I was referring to your endearing ability to find yourself in harm's way--even when playing a great game. You were nominated five times total in this game, four of which came before I made that nomination. In Trial by Fire, you were nominated twice prior to LLD closing the game. We both know how you walked a fine line between security and peril in Survivor: Destiny Island, and even when you took steps to avoid that in Seafoam Islands there always seemed to be someone watching your every move. I wrote that explanation from a place of nostalgia, for time and again we have chuckled about the many adventures we have had since joining these games together. To others, you may be forever seen as Alakazam, one of two players modkilled. To me, however, you will always be that fun-loving, purple dragon that stuck to his convictions and battled Altair throughout the Final Tribal Council. This was the tradition to which I referred.

To Both, I had originally plan to ask this as the F4, but I am asking you to rank from Mist to you Two, who would have the greatest chance to win this game had they made it to the F2?

On a scale from 01 to 14, one suggesting the greatest chance to win, here is my list:

{01} kloud1516 (Me) |
I don’t mean to be arrogant or pretentious when naming myself as the greatest threat in a Jury vote, but I truly believe that I am the most deserving and was one of the larger identities throughout Big Brother: Espionage. I wouldn’t be standing before the seven of you and presenting my argument if I didn’t believe that were the case.

Instead, see me as the competitor with four challenge wins (three consecutively) and the player who, with the exception of CryMeARiver, not only cast a vote for every player on the round they were eliminated, but more often than not lobbied for their eviction. This supports my claim to have had influence over the events of the game and a finger on its pulse throughout.

This is a lofty claim to make before an audience of peers, but I have no doubt that I can back this up with facts. I always had a plan, and I always had options on deck in case something went awry. TBO levied similar claims in his Opening Statement, but I can’t say I agree with him when he says the two of us were equally involved in the decision making process or that he managed to retain control of the game. He made early alliances, yes, but beyond Week 01 and outside me and Nick, I can’t say they were a success. Again, I can cite specific examples here, and I believe several members of the jury can vouch that I went above and beyond to do what was best for my allies and for myself.

{02} TheBadOne |
I wouldn’t have brought TheBadOne to the Final Two if I didn’t believe he deserved to be here. He holds the record for most HoH and PoV wins, and even though he had to ask exactly what that record looked like it is an accomplishment nonetheless. As you have mentioned, TheBadOne sought––as he has in past games––to play honestly, and sometimes to a fault. TBO’s virtue is his greatest strength but also his greatest weakness. You personally benefitted from that, kdowns. I believe that I too will leave this game with a newfound respect for TBO.

{03} xRECKONERx |
As I mentioned in both private AIM conversations and openly in my Torch Walk, there is no doubt in my mind that Reck would have swept the jury had he made the Final Two. He came into this game with a target on his head, then proceeded to move through the game in the shadow of a voting bloc dedicated to his eviction. His perceived allies were picked off one-by-one, and following T-Bone’s elimination and his eventual sacrifice of voting power, his only chance was winning Head of Household or Power of Veto. He did. From my vantage point, Reck never stopped fighting; he pushed through a string of nominations, snagged the PoV a few times, and never seemed to lose resolve. He did most of this alone, and thus showed what a bit of dedication can do in a game like Big Brother.

{04} T-Bone |
I don’t know how many times I argued in this game that T-Bone was a threat, but I saw it from the start. He began the game openly dedicated to sparking paranoia, won an early Head of Household, and then bided his time after you, kdowns, were kept over D3f3nd3r. The closer we got to the Jury phase, the more aggressive T-Bone became. He didn’t shy away from messaging competitors, asking for envelopes, and promising safety that he couldn’t necessarily justify. Members of the house believed him anyway. It says a lot about T-Bone’s influence that he could come to you, kdowns, the one person he pushed to evict, and made you truly consider keeping him around for a few more rounds. As a player, his threat to my game was blatant, and as a prospective finalist he would have been a force to reckon with.

{05} Nicholas1024 |
No one can deny that Nicholas as an individual is quite intelligent. He is charismatic, and has a firm grasp on the subtleties of games like Survivor and Big Brother. That is what made him such an appealing ally, and that is why his game was so entertaining to follow. Nicholas won two Head of Households and three Luxury Competitions, so his ability to perform in challenges was/is unquestionable. Adding to that, I believe he played a good social game. I don’t mean to speak for him, but I believe Nick would be the first to admit that he was somewhat distracted by Survivor: Two Worlds in the early rounds, and it shows in his minimal contact outside me, TBO, Framm, and kondi to a certain degree. That isn’t to say his social game didn’t improve later in the game, and when his social game is coupled with an unending dedication to transparency I believe he would have been an ideal finalist.

{06} Framm 18 |
If I could summarize Framm’s play with one adjective, it would be “independent.” There were times when he struggled to please different factions {as most of us did at more than one point in the game} but he never lost himself in the shuffle for authority.

{07} kdowns |
You found yourself in a bind Week 02, but escaped the hot seat. Had you made it to the Final 2 you would have been deserving of the win; you won two Head of Households, and in those two tenures both T-Bone and Reck were evicted. Those would have been decent points to make, yes, but again I think your social performance would have raised some doubts among jurors. You were quite the personality in the game, however, which helped to offset some lingering distaste from your game in All-Stars. Could you have gotten votes? Definitely, but I can divine how the game would have concluded.

{08} kondi2424 |
I think my Torch Walk statement exemplifies why kondi made eight place on this list. He possessed all the drive of a winner, and caused an early buzz when he won Power of Veto in the third round. As the game continued, however, I believe kondi became less of a player and more of an observer. He was content to let T-Bone win Power of Veto Week 05 instead of pursuing it himself, and based on discussions with TBO, Nick, and Crazy, estranged himself from early game alliances. Had he continued to speak with TBO and Nick, I think the Week 07 eviction may have gone differently.

{09} Crazy |
My sentiments for kondi are equally applicable to Crazy’s gameplay. The highs and lows can all be found in my Torch Walk; Crazy sought to establish solid alliances early on, but allowed them to wither as the game entered later rounds. I appreciated his enthusiasm when it came to challenges––I don’t think anyone can discredit his early PoV wins. As I said before, however, Crazy’s strategy appeared to be flying under the radar. It just happened that he evaded the attention for so long that he missed opportunities to keep himself safe.

{10} DeathNote |
Of all the competitors eliminated before the Jury, I think DeathNote took the most active role in shaping his game. For this reason, I didn’t add him to the collection below--he took the initiative to PM players, and while some of those messages did him more harm than good I appreciated the fact that he was willing to take risks.

{11-14} MattP, CryMeARiver, D3f3nd3r, and Mist |
Getting to these players, I think any and all of them would be the least menacing in front of a Jury. For some such as Mist and D3f3nd3r, the game ended before they could promote longevity. Inactivity (or a misguided sense of inactivity) seemed to plague each of these contestants, and perhaps none more than MattP.
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:42 am

Post by kloud1516 »

Kloud - I disagree with your torch walk assessment, especially early on in the game when deals and alliances were being formed. Explain why you felt was putting space between us because I felt it was always you who was hiding something, and other than Reck, you were the player I talked to and told the most about during the game.

As I said in my Torch Walk, I was far from innocent when it came to divulging information to you. The reason I felt disconnected to you was because of our
odd
AIM conversations. I admit, this could have simply been my interpretation of impersonal, electronic discussion, but I always seemed to get the sense that you were hiding things from me. I didn't know whether you had been privy to Reck's supposed plan to backdoor me, but that doubt (and the fact that you never mentioned it) ensured I always stayed alert and held my cards closer than I would have liked. Beyond that, our chats always seemed brief, and always felt like you were handing me down commands. I read into your one-word responses and "Vote Mist," "Win HoH," "Throw this competition to me," natured messages as though you really weren't all that interested in going much farther with me. This impression wasn't shared by me alone, but I apologize if I interpreted this pattern as you being aloof as opposed to you being supportive.

Even when I discovered you were the BH, I actually didn't out you until I was in the jury house.

On the topic of the Bounty Hunter and Bounty Hunter Hunter situation, I must first thank you for not saying anything. You claimed that you wouldn't, but me being the paranoid player that I was (am), I couldn't risk having that weight handing over my head. I could only think back to Survivor 101: If someone is known to have a Hidden Immunity Idol, flush it out. I dreaded the day when someone took the chance to strip me of my added safety, and that worry propelled me to ensure silence fell.

I initially deflected your questions about it for legitimate reasons:

{01} One half of James Bond told me that my success would not be made known. When you first approached me about the topic, I assumed you were just making your rounds again to shake things up, joking, or otherwise trying to get a rise out of me. In my mind, it didn't make sense for the moderating team to let the BHH know after only one round has passed, as it exposed me and my Golden Power of Veto. I didn't want to "fess up" in the event you were joking, nor did I want to give myself away on the off chance you had some ulterior motive. Like I said above, it may not have been fair of me to regard you with such suspicion, but I did all the same.

While you were in the "mega" alliance and while I talked to people about it I always kept your name out of the conversation and made kdowns and TBO the scapegoats to those of us (kondi, Crazy, etc.) outside the alliance.

Again, thank you. That said, Crazy was well aware of my involvement with kdowns, TBO, Nicholas, and possibly even Framm--he and I collaborated extensively throughout the middle rounds of play. I had also been in communication with kondi by the time CryMeARiver was evicted, but our contact was far more irregular than with others. Even so, I appreciate your endeavors.

So, in addition to everything else I talked about tell me about how you worked for your allies, and more importantly how you just plain worked them over.

I think the fact that my closest allies made it to the Final Seven says a lot about my efforts to ensure people were protected. I could have allowed kdowns to get the boot Week 02 but didn't. I could have turned the other way when Framm threw out TBO's name as a replacement nominee (at your behest, I believe), and I could have went along with the group on those occasions when Crazy and his more renowned ego, Scizor, were suggested as a nomination.

There came a time, as it always does, however, when a voting bloc reached its limit--where we could go no farther as a group. I was nothing but open with my allies, but always kept a watchful eye over their activity. If I saw them getting too close to other players I, well,
solved
the situation. MattP's eviction was a result of this and so was yours. I wanted to position myself in the dominant alliance, yes, but I also wasn't content to go through the motions. When I wanted something to happen I argued my case ad nauseam. More often than not, I was able to convince TBO, Nick, kdowns, Framm, and even Crazy to endorse my plan of action.

If you want a specific example, let us take your eviction. Before kdowns had won Head of Household it had been agreed that you and Reck would be nominated. That maximized my/our chances of getting one of two dominant threats out of the game. This all threatened to go south, however, when you implored Crazy to save you with the PoV. He came to me and admitted he was really considering it to get "an in" with you:

Spoiler: Crazy AIM Conversation
Crazy AIM Log 1 wrote:Crazy: (11:53:08 AM)Anyway, I half-wonder if I could use the PoV on T-Bone and RECK could still go.
Crazy: (11:53:25 AM)Just to gain points if T-Bone is HoH.
kloud1516: (11:53:33 AM)Not sure
kloud1516: (11:53:38 AM)I think you'd be safe regardless, really
Crazy: (11:53:53 AM)Probably.
kloud1516: (11:53:59 AM)Or we could just oust T-Bone, and you wouldn't have to worry about him getting HoH lol
kloud1516: (11:54:07 AM)If it concerns you
Crazy: (11:54:19 AM)Would you rather go for RECK or T-Bone, though?
kloud1516: (11:54:31 AM)I think there are benefits to getting out either
kloud1516: (11:54:44 AM)T-Bone is playing far more aggressively than RECK at the moment
kloud1516: (11:54:56 AM)At least based on the past two rounds
Crazy: (11:55:12 AM) That's true.
kloud1516: (11:55:40 AM)RECK is dangerous, yes, but he's being more laid back
kloud1516: (11:55:54 AM)Now that he doesn't have the numbers behind him, I think he is trying to lay low
kloud1516: (11:56:00 AM)That's dangerous too
kloud1516: (11:56:28 AM)I'm slightly more concerned about T-Bone trying to pull in kondi, Framm, and even kdowns

{Omitting Irrelevant Conversation}

I think if I use the veto on T-Bone, then I have an in with him to some degree.
kloud1516: (12:00:57 PM)Well, he can't honor promises to everyone xD
kloud1516: (12:01:13 PM)I know he's offered kdowns, Framm, RECK, and ?? safety
Crazy: (12:01:31 PM)So he'd probably put up you and Nick.

Crazy AIM Log 2 wrote:Crazy: (3:28:19 PM)Would you hate me if I vetoed T-Bone? XD
kloud1516: (3:28:24 PM)Probably lol
Crazy: (3:28:30 PM)TBO promised he'd vote out RECK.
Crazy: (3:28:37 PM)And I know my vote and yours and kdowns.
kloud1516: (3:28:47 PM)kdowns can't vote
Crazy: (3:28:52 PM)If it's a tie.
kloud1516: (3:28:59 PM)Mmm
kloud1516: (3:29:19 PM)I'll support whatever decision you make
kloud1516: (3:29:21 PM)Just be wary
kloud1516: (3:29:26 PM)You may get "in" with T-Bone
kloud1516: (3:29:42 PM)But you may be out with kdowns, TBO, ??
Crazy: (3:29:51 PM)Yeah, I thought of that.
Crazy: (3:29:53 PM)That's the tough part.
kloud1516: (3:30:12 PM)That's one of my biggest concerns
Crazy: (3:31:09 PM)I think I'm not going to use it.
Crazy: (3:31:17 PM)I can tell T-Bone that RECK is the target.
kloud1516: (3:31:22 PM)Right
Crazy: (3:31:25 PM)And I'll vote RECK.
Crazy: (3:31:35 PM)And if other people vote out T-Bone, meh.

I may not have made the announcement for Crazy, but I was also constantly in his ear about the situation. Convincing him not to use the PoV was only part of the battle, though. I still had to muster the votes. At this point, Nick and TBO were both leaning towards a Reck eviction, and kdowns had stated that he would vote Reck were there to be a tie.

Spoiler: TBO AIM Conversation
TBO AIM Log wrote:TheBad One: (3:52:00 PM)Vote for Reck I suppose?
kloud1516: (3:52:21 PM)I'm actually thinking T-Bone is the better option for us

{Omitting Irrelevant Conversation}

kloud1516: (3:53:20 PM)Okay, so explanation:
kloud1516: (3:53:33 PM)Of the two, I think T-Bone has been playing MUCH more aggressively the past two rounds
TheBad One: (3:53:43 PM)True
kloud1516: (3:53:56 PM)Take last round's PoV for example and his promises this round
kloud1516: (3:54:12 PM)(kdowns and Crazy both told me that T-Bone promised them safety this round if they were to use it)
kloud1516: (3:54:50 PM)I wouldn't be surprised if he approached Framm too, as they seem to have become closer the last several rounds
kloud1516: (3:55:03 PM)And on that subject, if we take out T-Bone we don't have to worry as much about Framm jumping ship.
kloud1516: (3:56:45 PM)Framm had someone in his ear last round pushing for you to be nominated, and I wouldn't be surprised if that person was T-Bone
TheBad One: (4:05:36 PM)Back
TheBad One: (4:05:40 PM)Sorry for my absence
kloud1516: (4:05:48 PM)Not a problem sir =)
kloud1516: (4:05:49 PM)Welcome back
kloud1516: (4:05:57 PM)Sorry for bombarding you with messages
TheBad One: (4:06:03 PM)Hmmm
TheBad One: (4:06:06 PM)Not a problem at all
TheBad One: (4:06:09 PM)You might be right
TheBad One: (4:06:16 PM)I still see reck as the puppet master though
kloud1516: (4:06:26 PM)If T-Bone leaves
kloud1516: (4:06:30 PM)He has no more puppets

TheBad One: (4:06:49 PM)What does Nich say,
TheBad One: (4:06:52 PM)?
kloud1516: (4:07:00 PM)I think he's on board with a T-Bone vote as well
kloud1516: (4:07:03 PM)If us three vote together
TheBad One: (4:07:04 PM)Also T-Bone made that offer to kondi too remember
kloud1516: (4:07:12 PM)We can at least force a tie
TheBad One: (4:07:15 PM)Yeah
kloud1516: (4:07:21 PM)Then kdowns decides
kloud1516: (4:08:17 PM)What are your thoughts?
TheBad One: (4:10:51 PM)I don't know..
TheBad One: (4:10:59 PM)But if you want T-Bone, then I'll definitely vote fo rhim

kloud1516: (4:11:26 PM)Well I'd feel bad pressing forward if you or Nick were hesitant to do so
kloud1516: (4:11:46 PM)Maybe we should ask around and see who kondi and Framm plan to vote
kloud1516: (4:11:49 PM)Then go from there?
TheBad One: (4:12:04 PM)Yeah
TheBad One: (4:12:12 PM)But you have good arguments for voting T-Bone
TheBad One: (4:12:17 PM)So I wouldn't mind at all voting for him

kloud1516: (4:12:22 PM)Alright

My argument to Nick was identical. At this point, I knew that Crazy was voting Reck, and that Framm would likely vote Reck over you as well. Kondi was a toss-up, but I assumed since you two had a history of saving one another with the PoV that it would come down to a 3-3 tie.

Spoiler: kdowns AIM Conversation
kdowns AIM Log wrote:kloud1516: (9:37:47 PM)Right now it looks like the vote might come down to 3 vs 3
kloud1516: (9:37:57 PM)T-Bone: kloud, Nick, TBO (?)
kloud1516: (9:38:04 PM)RECK: Crazy, Framm, kondi
kloud1516: (9:38:31 PM)I personally think T-Bone is the better option here, but not only for the reasons we discussed before
kloud1516: (9:38:53 PM)Reck contacted me earlier and told me that the two of us (me//you) would be safe were he to win HoH
kloud1516: (9:38:55 PM)If we kept him
kloud1516: (9:39:28 PM)So I wanted to know what you thought
kloud1516: (9:39:57 PM)(And no, I didn't tell him we were aligned. He just included you because you would be casting the final vote)
kloud1516: (9:42:40 PM)x.x it's a lot to think about
kdowns: (9:43:13 PM)It really is .-.
kloud1516: (9:44:08 PM)What worries do you have
kloud1516: (9:44:16 PM)For either/both choices
kdowns: (9:44:57 PM)Give me about 10 mins and then I'll be able to answer... Kinda got forced into a forced cleaning of my room
kloud1516: (9:45:07 PM)Hah alright
kdowns: (9:57:02 PM)Well, If I keep T-Bone, I can only keep myself sage
kdowns: (9:57:04 PM)safe*
kdowns: (9:57:18 PM)and I would get an eventual Jury Vote.
kdowns: (9:57:38 PM)Reck, I can keep us both safe and lose a Jury vote.
kloud1516: (9:57:51 PM)But possibly gain Reck as a vote
kdowns: (9:57:55 PM)I think keeping you around is better than a Vote.
kdowns: (9:57:58 PM)<3
kloud1516: (9:58:01 PM)Aww
kloud1516: (9:58:12 PM)And there's also the possibility of gaining Reck's vote
kloud1516: (9:58:16 PM)Which cancels out T-Bone's
kdowns: (9:58:46 PM)Vote T-Bone :-D
kloud1516: (9:58:50 PM)<3
kloud1516: (9:59:06 PM)This could be a the spring board we need to jump through a few rounds
kloud1516: (9:59:20 PM)We just can't bring up the negotiations with anyone x.x
kdowns: (9:59:38 PM)Yeah, I know. We need to make sure we keep each other safe first
kloud1516: (9:59:46 PM)-Nod-

In a matter of hours I had convinced Crazy to leave you and Reck on the block, rallied the two votes I needed to force a tie, and also ensured that kdowns would vote to keep Reck. Before approaching kdowns, however, I decided to initiate conversation with Reck. Knowing I had the votes to keep him, I asked him if he'd keep me off the block should I manage to get the votes for him to stay. His agreement was all I needed, and thus I had made myself a shield just in case Reck won Head of Household.

Indeed, I had my individual reasons for eviction you which I have explained already, but I also sought to advance my allies. Without you in the game, TBO, Nick and kdowns were less likely to be nominated in the following rounds, and Framm was more likely to talk with Nick and I exclusively, which helped me but also ensured that players didn't get suspicious of Framm's loyalties. I had covered myself on Reck's end, and Crazy was never left in the dark about my intended vote either. In this case, I assumed showing you how intricately I planned out my moves would be far better than simply telling you. Understandably, this will be hard for you to read, but I hope you see where I was coming from in all this. I spoke honestly when explaining how I saw our relationship in this game. I may have been flawed in my judgement, but I still think some of my suspicions were well founded and that you were a threat moving forward.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:30 am

Post by chesskid3 »

FEAR OF CHESSKID RESULTS IN VOTE OUTS?

MAN IM POPULAR
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
TheBadOne
TheBadOne
Townie
TheBadOne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:49 am

Post by TheBadOne »

In post 744, kdowns wrote:
TBO, I've known that you've like to play an Honest game and I sorta exploited that in F5 eviction ceremony by PMing you to, "Uphold your promise." What drives you to play a honest game?

"Holding my promise" was not exactly the reason why I kept you over Framm. I know Framm was promised a F4 too. The fact that you sent me a pm showed me you were dedicated to this game. That was off course not the only reason, but it was what ultimately convinced me. But that is not your question. I indeed tend to play as honest as possible. I've heard that a couple of times before, and maybe I am too honest. Why? If possible, I want to stay as loyal as possible. Yes, you can also backstab everyone, but what does it give you? A bitter jury who won't give you any votes. I try to be loyal and honest the whole game long (off course, sometimes you just have to lie, but I try to stay as honest as possible), and I hope people appreciate that. If I have the possibility to survive this way, I'd like to do it this way. Putting a knife in someone's back is not my style of play, not only because I find it horrible to do so, but also because I hope the jurors appreciate honesty. I hope this is enough of an answer to your question :)

I will answer your second question tomorrow if you don't mind.

Return to “Social Game Archive”