Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:25 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Hullo.

Are you gonna be around any time from 12:30 to 2:30 AM EDT?
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:44 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Unlikely, but if that's the only time you can do it earlier is better.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:01 pm

Hmm, well I got home right now if you're still around...
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:27 pm

:sadness:
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Challenge 7 Results

Welcome back! Today I tested your memory and ability to recall details of three videos. The top player will be safe, and will safe someone at the Temple of Fate. The bottom player will become the sixth member of the Jury, joining xofelf, TheBadOne, Cybele, Scigatt and D3f3nd3r. Let's begin!

The top player in this challenge...

and the first member of our Final 2...

Drench

24 points

Congratulations! Now, one of the remaining three will be eliminated. Who will it be?

In second place:

Twistedspoon

19 points

And our final safe player:

Ser Arthur Dayne

17 points!

I'm sorry
xtopherusD
, but your score of 15 points just wasn't enough. You may have one post to say your goodbyes, then head down the jungle path.

The final Temple is up next! Stay tuned!
Last edited by Xalxe on Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:29 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Temple of Fate 7

Welcome back. Drench has been saved by his challenge performance. Now, he will save one player. His list will be consulted, and the player highest on his list will be saved. The last player will be eliminated, and will become the seventh and final member of the jury. Let's begin!

Drench has chosen to save:

Ser Arthur Dayne!

I'm sorry
Twistedspoon
, but you have met your fate. You may have one post to say your goodbyes, then please leave the Temple area.

Final Jury procedure coming next!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:32 pm

Post by Xalxe »

The Jury

ImageImage

Congratulations to both our finalists. You must now plead your case in front of our Jury of seven for the win. Here's how this works.

1. You have 24 hours from this post ((expired on 2013-04-08 20:31:51)) to post an opening statement. Please keep it brief and to the point.
  2. Once both openings have been posted, Jurors have 24 hours ((expired on 2013-04-09 20:31:51)) to ask a question of each Juror or make a statement. Please keep it to one question per Juror.
  3. After that, there will be 24 hours for a closing statement ((expired on 2013-04-10 20:31:51)) and then one more period for the jury to send their votes ((expired on 2013-04-11 20:31:51)).

If you have any questions of me, please ask. Non-jurors, please refrain from posting during this time.
xtopherusD
xtopherusD
Goon
xtopherusD
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:32 pm

Post by xtopherusD »

Eleven
?? I could've sworn I only lost four points in the first two rounds...
no.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:33 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Sorry, wrong score. Fixing.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:19 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

Well that's a drag. I was hoping I might make a final at something too since the first time in forever. Ah well. Maybe next time I should've lied to Drench instead of the truth. heh.

In post 381, Xalxe wrote:
  • Once both openings have been posted, Jurors have 24 hours ((expired on 2013-04-09 20:31:51)) to ask a question of each Juror or make a statement. Please keep it to one question per Juror.

• also I assume you mean ask a question of each finalist? One per finalist per juror?
    Last edited by Twistedspoon on Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
    1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
    ~Screwtape
    Drench
    Drench
    he/him
    crucial waukesha voter
    Drench
    he/him
    crucial waukesha voter
    crucial waukesha voter
    Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:58 am

Post by Drench »

Ser Arthur Dayne, Xalxe, Members of the Jury, and Honourary Member of the Jury Beyoncé Knowles,

I don't know what Ser Arthur Dayne has to say, but I'm a man of few words, as the first List was also. I'm happy to be here, but at the same time, I do want to win. Given that, though, this game is really difficult to summarize in terms of strategy, I'm finding! So, a few quick words, and then I'm sure you guys have questions. I'll address two areas briefly: challenges, and the social aspect. I will be making arguments as to why I believe I played better than Ser Arthur, in the hope that you vote me the winner of the List. Thank you, in advance, for humouring me.

Challenge:

Obviously, there's not much strategy in Challenges beyond doing well. But, I do want to draw attention to my record when compared to Ser Arthur Dayne's:

RoundDrenchSAD
    5th
    15th
    7th
    12th
    31st
    2nd
    43rd
    1st
    55th
    2nd
    3rd
    5th
    1st
    3rd

I beat SAD in a majority of challenges, and collected more 1sts than him, while also maintaining a better placing average both overall (of 3.6th compared to 5.7th) and when adjusted for the number of players still in the competition (of the top 37% of the field compared to the top 56%). I believe that I'm able to say that my challenge game was superior to Ser Arthur's.

Social:

My social game was simple in its construction, but I believe I made all the difference in my making it here.

Early in the game, I allied with Scigatt. Scigatt would become one of my closest allies, and we together decided to form a voting coalition, who would keep each other at the top of our lists to ensure that none of us went home. The coalition was expanded to include SoraAdvent and xtopherusD (more on that later). This strategy worked well: the only eliminations that happened (bar the final round) were from challenge last places, which obviously the Lists don't have an effect on.

In the final round, however, my game became a little more complex. I learned that xtopherusD had promised both TS and myself his first on his list. Obviously, that's a bit impossible. I felt like I wasn't able to trust xtopherus any more, which is why he isn't standing next to me here today. I put SAD first as I believed I had a better chance of winning next to him, to put it bluntly. I'm not about to lie and say it was for another reason, though.

Fairly brief, I know, and without a torchwalk, which I apologize for (I'm incredibly tired, and it will come, but I don't think I can do it justice now.) So, with that, and after Ser Arthur's comments, I'll open the floor to you guys. Thank you for your consideration
    join your union
    Ser Arthur Dayne
    Ser Arthur Dayne
    Jack of All Trades
    Ser Arthur Dayne
    Jack of All Trades
    Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:51 am

Er... oh hai thar! If you're reading this, you may hold in your hands the power to make me win or lose this game. Which, tbqh, I'm quiet surprised that I got this far in, after such a horrible first challenge in which I thought I was eliminated for sure, and then subsequent challenges that I can only describe as a roller coaster ride. My play can definitely be described as cadaverous in some challenges, but I did persist on through all the challenges.

My strategy was fairly simple? I do feel that I stayed loyal, honest, and fair throughout the game. I simply ranked the people on my list in the order they contacted me, regardless of whether or not I felt they had honest or malicious motives. The only exception to this was D3f3nd3r, whom I contacted first and proposed that we put each other first on our lists, of which I kept true to till he was eliminated beyond my reach of help (since I was also in the bottom half). Everyone else's order I randomized on my list.

Umm... other than that, I simply tried to do the challenges to the best of my ability like the rest of you? Can I genuinely tell myself that that "ability" was superior to anyone else in this game, and that that is the reason I got this far? Fuck no. But somehow by a combination of luck, help from others, and malicious intent on the part of some people, I somehow managed to get this far. You have the numbers and everything else in front of you if you feel the need to determine "superiority", or if you want to look at that to make a decision on whom to vote.

Anyway, regardless of whether I actually win or not, I do want to say this was a very interesting game, and I am glad I decided to actually participate, and did end up having a blast (which was the main reason I joined). So thanks everyone for that.

PS: It was awesome to talk to and get to know some of you outside of the game <3
    PPS: Let's ignore the fact the half of this post looks like a closing statement.
    Scigatt
    Scigatt
    Goon
    Scigatt
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:24 am

Post by Scigatt »

Drench: If you found out about xtopherusD after F6, what did you do outside of the alliance and challenges to ensure victory?(As I recall, I was the most proactive in organizing the alliance.)
    If not, why didn't you tell me about xtopherusD?

Ser Arthur Dayne: A lot of the entrants must have had similar strategies. Why did you make it and they didn't?
    Twistedspoon
    Twistedspoon
    Jack of All Trades
    Twistedspoon
    Jack of All Trades
    Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:48 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Drench: Had I said I'd put you top of my list at F4 would you have done likewise to me, or did you still view me as too dangerous to have in F2 (and why did you think that the case?)

Ser: Talk to me about your
    In post 386, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:help from others, and malicious intent on the part of some people
    but mainly the latter part. Who exactly has been malicious in this game and how? Also which of the jurors was the most formidable whilst still in the game to yourself.

Thank you both and I hope to play with you all again. It has been a very enjoyable game, very fine playerlist and I'll tip my fedora to the clever challenges and mediums, particularly the F4 one.

Good night!
    Last edited by Twistedspoon on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

~Screwtape
    xtopherusD
    xtopherusD
    Goon
    xtopherusD
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:54 am

Post by xtopherusD »

Drench: What made you believe Twistedspoon over me? I mean, why would you assume that I was lying to an ally, and not just furthering my (and, by logical extension, your) place in the final challenge?

Dayne: I never really talked to you at all in this game, and your opening statement was really really long so, uhh... good luck out there! ;D
    no.
    xofelf
    xofelf
    they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
    Miss Mash
    xofelf
    they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
    Miss Mash
    Miss Mash
    Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:20 am

Post by xofelf »

Well, I guess I don't really have much to say here really. I didn't really have alliances with either of you. And really this was just a fun little thing i decided to jump into.
    I think both of you guys are really great. So I guess only question i have for you guys is Why do you think you should win? and what do you think your competitor did well?
    Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
    MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
    Get to reknow a xofelf here
    Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
    TheBadOne
    TheBadOne
    Townie
    TheBadOne
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:28 am

Post by TheBadOne »

I don't really have a question for any of you. Good luck both.
    Drench
    Drench
    he/him
    crucial waukesha voter
    Drench
    he/him
    crucial waukesha voter
    crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:46 am

Post by Drench »

In post 387, Scigatt wrote:Drench: If you found out about xtopherusD after F6, what did you do outside of the alliance and challenges to ensure victory?(As I recall, I was the most proactive in organizing the alliance.)
    If not, why didn't you tell me about xtopherusD?

I found out about xtopherus during my F4 negotiations. I didn't make moves outside the alliance - as far as I was concerned, the alliance was a solid method of getting to F4, and I wasn't going to set up a situation in which I would have to overbook my List, so to speak. Dealing outside the alliance, for me, wasn't acceptable considering I was a part of it.

In post 388, Twistedspoon wrote:Drench: Had I said I'd put you top of my list at F4 would you have done likewise to me, or did you still view me as too dangerous to have in F2 (and why did you think that the case?)

This question's difficult for me to answer partly because of the countless ways I could have gone because of our conversation, but I'll try. The thought of Listing with an eye towards the Jury instead of an eye towards my allies didn't occur to me until you said xtopherus had promised you his top spot. At that point, I had him first and you second, considering he was my ally and I had talked to you more than Ser Arthur. Had you said I was first on your list, I most likely would have put you first in return: although all four players in the F4 ostensibly played well to get there, xtopherus played an excellent game, and going up against him in F2 is a daunting concept. But, as it were, I had my doubts about xtopherus, which led me to consider a strategic List instead. Hopefully that covers it.

xtopherusD wrote:Drench: What made you believe Twistedspoon over me? I mean, why would you assume that I was lying to an ally, and not just furthering my (and, by logical extension, your) place in the final challenge?

I didn't know who to believe, but, in the end, I decided that it was better to use a strategic List anyway. I didn't want to take the chance that TS was right, especially since if he was, I would be at the top of exactly no Lists - not a good place to be.

xofelf wrote:Why do you think you should win? and what do you think your competitor did well?

Personally, I think I've played a better game than Ser Arthur in the two areas where it counts: getting high Listings and good Challenge placements. I've tried to be as loyal as I could - I, obviously, have a reputation for being stabby at a moment's notice, but I think my play this game was a radical departure from that. Ser Arthur, I think, and especially in the later rounds, really could bring it in challenges - grabbing three straight top two's is no mean feat, and while his early results were lower, I think he really showed improvement across the game.
    join your union
    Ser Arthur Dayne
    Ser Arthur Dayne
    Jack of All Trades
    Ser Arthur Dayne
    Jack of All Trades
    Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:25 am

Er, sorry I'm a bit late, have a physiology test this week.

In post 387, Scigatt wrote:
    Ser Arthur Dayne: A lot of the entrants must have had similar strategies. Why did you make it and they didn't?

Er... well, partly because, simply put,
    someone
    has to make it. Sometimes things just fall in the right places? For example, it was nothing on my doing that xtoph let the chips fall where they may and told drench the truth, which in turn caused him to place me first.
    However
    , I do think I had a certain persistence (ex trying countless times to master the eyeballing game) and a hard-working trait (ex working well into the night on perfecting every little piece of those definitions so they can look perfect and real) that helped immensely in keeping me in the game.

In post 388, Twistedspoon wrote:Ser: Talk to me about your
    In post 386, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:help from others, and malicious intent on the part of some people
    but mainly the latter part. Who exactly has been malicious in this game and how? Also which of the jurors was the most formidable whilst still in the game to yourself.

Hmm, perhaps that was an extreme way of putting it. I more or less meant "cheap play", which, imo, is the dishonest attempt at trying to force certain people to get eliminated because you view them as "dangerous", where as I, personally, would welcome the challenge. The "help from others" was simply me getting saved when I was up for elimination due to not performing well enough to rank in the former half of the tiers. Hmm... as for which of the jurors were most formidable, I believe everyone had their ups and downs. I felt TheBadOne was very impressive in the beginning, and was sad that he got eliminated simply because he couldn't get the challenge in on time. xofelf, Scigatt, D3f3nd3r, xtopherusD, and Cybele also all were very impressive and provided a tough challenge, and at one point or another I felt were performing brilliantly. And lastly (but certainly not least), you yourself was astounding and awe-inspiring in the latter parts of the game for consistently doing really well in the challenges.

In post 390, xofelf wrote:
    I think both of you guys are really great. So I guess only question i have for you guys is Why do you think you should win? and what do you think your competitor did well?

Hmm, I believe I should win simply because of my dedication, perseverance, loyalty, and honesty throughout the game, and having an unbiased and just view towards the others in the game. I didn't try to backstab anyone, and I was truthful with people on where they ranked with my list. From day 1, I decided that if I were to win this game, I would do it without deception or the beguilement of others. Drench, imho, played an excellent game also, and I would definitely have no shame in losing to him. I do believe that his strongest asset was consistently being dominative in challenges, so big props to that.

And thanks everyone for the kind words :]
    Xalxe
    Xalxe
    He/him
    It's pronounced "Xalxe"
    Xalxe
    He/him
    It's pronounced "Xalxe"
    It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:40 am

Post by Xalxe »

PMing Jurors. You have 24 hours to vote or your last list will be consulted. Good luck finalists!
    Xalxe
    Xalxe
    He/him
    It's pronounced "Xalxe"
    Xalxe
    He/him
    It's pronounced "Xalxe"
    It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:09 am

Post by Xalxe »

Finale!

Welcome to the Finale of The List! Our seven jurors have all voted, and we are now ready to begin the vote reveal! And let me tell you folks, it's a good one.

We'll be revealing the votes in a random order. Let's begin!

First up, Cybele votes for:

Drench!

Next, Twistedspoon votes for:

Drench!

That's two votes Drench. Next up, TheBadOne votes for:

Ser Arthur Dayne!

Two votes Drench, one vote Ser Arthur Dayne.

Our fourth vote comes from Scigatt, who chose:

Drench!

That's three votes Drench, one vote Ser Arthur Dayne. Drench only needs one more vote to win!

Next up, xofelf votes for:

Ser Arthur Dayne!

That's three to two. Next up is D3f3nd3r.

He votes for...

Ser Arthur Dayne!

We've tied it up, three votes each. It all comes down to xtopherusD. Who did he vote for?

The winner of The List...

SER ARTHUR DAYNE!

Congratulations to SAD, as well as Drench and all the other players. Thanks for a great game, we'll see you next time!
    Twistedspoon
    Twistedspoon
    Jack of All Trades
    Twistedspoon
    Jack of All Trades
    Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:17 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Wow. Wasn't expecting that in all honesty.

But congrats Ser and commiserations Drench. I'm happy you both made it this far and you were both the most worthy finalists and winners.

thanks Xalxe too! n_n

~Screwtape
    Xalxe
    Xalxe
    He/him
    It's pronounced "Xalxe"
    Xalxe
    He/him
    It's pronounced "Xalxe"
    It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:20 am

Post by Xalxe »

Average Lists

During the game, I kept track of who was doing well in the List phase by tabulating an "average list" for each round. The top player on each list got one point, while the bottom player got the most possible for that round. It is interesting to note that while this is very reliable at the start, as individual lists become more important in the later stages, the average list became pretty much irrelevant, but it's still cool to see.

Round 1

1. Snakes
    2. animorpherv1
    3. xofelf
    4. Drench
    5. Twistedspoon
    6. Axxle
    7. Cybele
    8. Ser Arthur Dayne
    9. D3f3nd3r
    10. RichardGHP (eliminated in the challenge)

11. Scigatt
    12. TheBadOne
    13. xtopherusD
    14. SoraAdvent
    15. Pizzadudes7
    16. kdowns (eliminated via the Temple)

Round 2

1. animorpherv1 (tie)

1. Snakes (tie)
    3. xofelf
    4. Drench
    5. Pizzadudes7
    6. Axxle

7. D3f3nd3r (tie)
    7. Scigatt (tie)
    9. Ser Arthur Dayne
    10. Cybele
    11. xtopherusD
    12. Twistedspoon
    13. SoraAdvent
    14. TheBadOne

Round 3

1. Snakes

2. Drench
    3. D3f3nd3r
    4. Scigatt
    5. Ser Arthur Dayne
    6. SoraAdvent
    7. xofelf
    8. xtopherusD
    9. Twistedspoon
    10. TheBadOne
    11. Cybele
    12. Pizzadudes7

Round 4

1. Scigatt
    2. xofelf
    3. Drench
    4. D3f3nd3r (tie)
    4. xtopherusD (tie)
    6. Ser Arthur Dayne
    7. Cybele

8. SoraAdvent (tie)

8. TheBadOne (tie)
    10. Twistedspoon

Round 5

1. Scigatt
    2. xofelf

3. Ser Arthur Dayne
    4. D3f3nd3r (tie)
    4. xtopherusD (tie)
    6. Drench
    7. TheBadOne

8. Twistedspoon

Round 6

1. Scigatt

2. xtopherusD
    3. D3f3nd3r (tie)

3. Drench (tie)
    3. Ser Arthur Dayne (tie)
    3. Twistedspoon (tie)

Round 7

1. Twistedspoon

2. Drench (tie)
    2. xtopherusD (tie)

4. Ser Arthur Dayne
    Drench
    Drench
    he/him
    crucial waukesha voter
    Drench
    he/him
    crucial waukesha voter
    crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:38 am

Post by Drench »

Oh well, a double win probably was hoping for a bit too much.

Congrats, SAD, and thanks to everyone, it was a fantastic game. :D Thanks especially to Cybele, Scigatt and Twistedspoon, your jury votes will feed my family for winters to come.

xalxe u got some shit comin boy
    join your union
    Xalxe
    Xalxe
    He/him
    It's pronounced "Xalxe"
    Xalxe
    He/him
    It's pronounced "Xalxe"
    It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:42 am

Post by Xalxe »

What did I dooooooooo

Return to “Social Game Archive”