Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 11:01 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

When I used to play Survivor online as a teenager, everyone seemed to love doing a popularity challenge where the winner of immunity was the person who could get the most votes on a poll. I think after a while I threatened to quit if the host did that.

I think the letter survivor sounds fun but is a little imbalanced.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 11:22 am

Post by Cephrir »

Thereby ensuring that the winner will be someone who doesn't need to win, how very exciting. That's basically the worst possible challenge, but it's also the laziest one to mod! Hooray~~
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 11:39 am

Post by KingdomAces »

No, I'm fairly sure STD means a popularity vote based on the entire forum, so what would happen was there would be campaigns all over GD and the admins would get mad. I think those challenges have been sitebanned at this point.

Then again, I've only minorly skimmed some of the Survivors from back then, so I could be completely wrong.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 11:43 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 52, KingdomAces wrote:No, I'm fairly sure STD means a popularity vote based on the entire forum, so what would happen was there would be campaigns all over GD and the admins would get mad. I think those challenges have been sitebanned at this point.

Then again, I've only minorly skimmed some of the Survivors from back then, so I could be completely wrong.
Yuuuuuuuup
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 2:57 pm

Post by JDGA »

In post 52, KingdomAces wrote:No, I'm fairly sure STD means a popularity vote based on the entire forum, so what would happen was there would be campaigns all over GD and the admins would get mad. I think those challenges have been sitebanned at this point.

Yup, they got banned and this is precisely why.
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

In post 16, Klick wrote:
In post 14, Blackberry wrote:TIME TRAVEL MOLE (or SURVIVOR). Game takes place out of order. For example, the first challenge could be the Final Immunity Challenge. Players won't know how they did (or maybe they do all get told how everyone did) until it's actually time. Or maybe they go to a TC that takes place in the future (and provide a ranked list incase their target is no longer in the game), or have the option to change votes that occurred in the past (and thus resulting in a revived player!). My original idea of a Time Travel Mole was Dr. Who themed and not too complicated. For example, they take the first quiz, the executed player is not revealed, then they have a challenge where players can win exemption for the first Round. Then the Execution is revealed :P. And they take quizzes and challenge in the future (they actually had a Mole in Dutch where they were given a Quiz and the challenge for the Quiz took place AFTER the Quiz, so the players attempted to manipulate others' actions to coordinate with their test answers).

Calling dibs on this.

Good times
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf

Return to “Social Game Archive”