CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Worst Survivor Twist/Challenge Ideas

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:57 pm

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

The game is simple. Each poster comes up with an idea for an MS Survivor twist or challenge that is downright cruel, broken, or most of all just hilarious, and then
they will be implemented in a future game of mine
we can all laugh and such together.

I'll start: 24 players, 4 tribes of 6. The first TC, every tribe votes someone off, and those 4 go to Redemption Island. The loser of the Redemption Island duel goes to a second Redemption Island, where they must wait for the next person to lose a duel at Redemption Island 1 and come to face them at Redemption Island 2. At merge, whoever is on RI 1 goes back to the game, and whoever was on RI 2 goes back to RI 1. Everyone knows about the first redemption island BUT no one knows about the second Redemption Island until they get there, and once F2 has been reached, whoever is at RI 2 is entered into FTC!
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:25 pm

Post by KingdomAces »

Have a tribal immunity challenge be a coin flip.

Have the first immunity challenge require someone to post something every 10 minutes. For 24 hours.

Have the it be impossible to win the F4 immunity challenge unless someone else specifically made themselves do worse so you could do better.

Have the entire game be put on a flash game challenge, which actually ends up being who can go the longest before the game softlocks.

Yeah, I'm not very creative. I might actually think of other ones later.

EIDT: Also, legendary box.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:04 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

In post 1, KingdomAces wrote:Have a tribal immunity challenge be a coin flip.

Have the first immunity challenge require someone to post something every 10 minutes. For 24 hours.

Have the it be impossible to win the F4 immunity challenge unless someone else specifically made themselves do worse so you could do better.

Have the entire game be put on a flash game challenge, which actually ends up being who can go the longest before the game softlocks.

i love every bit of this post. wasn't MES something like 3 minutes though?

EIDT: will u marry me
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:27 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 1, KingdomAces wrote:Have a tribal immunity challenge be a coin flip.

First two were done, Arkham and Mass Effect, respectively.

Challenge suggestion: Hold the Button (A flash game where you hold a button as long as possible.)

Twist: 24 player game. There are 24 tribes of one. Winner gets immunity, all other tribes go to their own TC.

Twist: In a 2-person FTC, Jury Point is at three players remaining.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:32 am

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

In post 3, D3f3nd3r wrote:First two were done, Arkham and Mass Effect, respectively.
now calculating...distance between joke and d3f3nd3r's head...loading...loading......
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:52 am

Post by PrivateI »

10 tribes of 10. Played out in the traditional Survivor manner. To begin, one immunity challenge, nine tribes win immunity, the last goes to TC to vote off one of their own. There will be a separate reward and immunity challenge each "cycle" prior to an elimination. As a fun twist, every 11th TC will be a double TC where only 8 tribes win immunity. There will be no tribe swaps or combining of any tribes. A tribe will only be eliminated when all of its players are eliminated. At F11, there will be a merge of all the remaining players. Oh, and there's an 87-player jury.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:37 am

Post by Xalxe »

Two tribes of 10. Everything plays out and seems perfectly normal, right? Tribal Councils happen, Idols are found, hell there's even a tribe swap in the middle somewhere. Merge at 10 players and head to the next challenge.

Then everything falls to shit. 10 more players walk in. Turn out the game started with
players, and these 10 are the merge tribe from the other side of the island. Now we play to 10 again. Repeat ad nauseum.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:16 am

I think someone suggested that as an actual good idea on Sucks at some point. *shudders*
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

xtopherusD
xtopherusD
Goon
xtopherusD
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:43 am

Post by xtopherusD »

In post 4, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 3, D3f3nd3r wrote:First two were done, Arkham and Mass Effect, respectively.
now calculating...distance between joke and d3f3nd3r's head...loading...loading......
Wait,
all
of those happened?

Reward Challenge where Xalxe gets the orange key. *
shudders
no.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:33 am

Post by Cephrir »

Tribe swap after every single vote. Merge at 5.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:51 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 7, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:I think someone suggested that as an actual good idea on Sucks at some point. *shudders*
shhhhh how did you know where I got it

don't tell my secrets

I get all my game ideas from Sucks
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:55 am

Post by KingdomAces »

If there is a game of that size, there is bound to be at least one thing in it that doesn't work as intended. I figured that someone was going to do something like that eventually anyway, so I didn't want it to be focused all on one game or another. The third one was from Sky Pillar (where literally the only way I could have survived that TC was if I won the challenge, so I probably cared more about it than anyone else did), and the fourth one was from Kingdom Clash, which is why it came down to a flash game and not a vote, so I guess that doesn't really count towards this thread.

And having a tribe swap after every single vote sounds interesting as long as everyone knows what they are getting in to. Aside from that, the main problem would be constant challenge throwing most likely, with the possibility of both tribes trying to do worse than the other one.

And yes, I can't spell. Sorry.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:01 am

Post by Blackberry »

In post 5, PrivateI wrote:
10 tribes of 10. Played out in the traditional Survivor manner.
To begin, one immunity challenge, nine tribes win immunity, the last goes to TC to vote off one of their own. There will be a separate reward and immunity challenge each "cycle" prior to an elimination. As a fun twist, every 11th TC will be a double TC where only 8 tribes win immunity. There will be no tribe swaps or combining of any tribes. A tribe will only be eliminated when all of its players are eliminated. At F11, there will be a merge of all the remaining players. Oh, and there's an 87-player jury.
In post 6, Xalxe wrote:Two tribes of 10. Everything plays out and seems perfectly normal, right? Tribal Councils happen, Idols are found, hell there's even a tribe swap in the middle somewhere.
Merge at 10 players and head to the next challenge.

Then everything falls to shit. 10 more players walk in. Turn out the game started with
players, and these 10 are the merge tribe from the other side of the island.
Now we play to 10 again. Repeat ad nauseum.
In post 9, Cephrir wrote:
Tribe swap after every single vote.
Merge at 5.
Everything bolded has taken place before. Not on MafiaScum obviously, but I have indeed seen all three of these.

I don't know the specifics of the 100+ player game, they had multiple TCs every round, but still, it was crazy (if I'm not mistaken, I think me and an old MS user named Raj both participated in this).

I think I've heard of two games where they played out as normal, got to merge, and then found out they're actually still in tribes competing against another game that was running at the same time.

I've seen more than one game where the twist was that they had a tribe swap every single round.

I'll propose some ideas I have that some might think are crazy, but still think would turn out interesting!

Everyone starts the game with a HII. :twisted:

Each round there is a challenge that everyone competes in, only the three or five losers go to TC and everyone else is safe.

Each round the tribe gets to vote someone to join the other tribe… Actually, this isn't my idea. I played in a game with four tribes of five or six. Each round we'd vote someone to join another tribe. First it went in one direction A joined B, B joined C, etc. Then it went in another direction, B joined A, A joined D. Then you swapped with the tribe you had yet to swap with. A & C swapped, B & D swapped. It was interesting :D .

OH! Here's an idea I thought of: ZOMBIE SURVIVOR! Two tribes of six. First six rounds go as normal with the members merging at six. THEN we find out that the six ousted members have formed the ZOMBIE tribe and compete against the surviving six members in tribal challenges. If The Zombie Tribe loses, they vote out two members (this is their penalty for being zombies). If the normal tribe loses, they only vote off one. They go to 3 challenges, then merge (so they could end up merging at 9, 8, or 6 players depending on how many zombies die). Someone should do this. :P

Mod Swap Survivor. Each round the eliminated player takes over the game and decides the challenge and/or twist. :twisted:

Cumulative Survivor. Each vote you receive stays with you for the remainder of the game. Whoever has the most votes at a TC (past & present) gets eliminated. :neutral:
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:07 am

Post by Blackberry »

Oh, here's another fun idea (lol):

Robot Survivor. Half of the contestants are RL players, and half are Robot players. Everyone knows the rules of the robots and how they make their decision (example: Robot always votes randomly, Robot always votes whoever received most votes last TC, Robot always votes alphabetically, etc). This one might actually turn out interesting if players are smart enough to take advantage of the robots. And they'd have to decide whether to vote each other out or try to just kill off all the robots. :twisted:
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:16 am

Post by Blackberry »

Now I want to see some of these implemented… lol…

Since I don't plan on hosting again (or anytime soon). I'll throw out a few other ideas. These were both intended for THE MOLE, but can apply for SURVIVOR as well.

PARALLEL UNIVERSE MOLE (or SURVIVOR). Two consecutive games with the SAME exact players in each game. If Mole, there is different Moles (or possibly the same Mole) in each universe, and game carries out as normal. In Survivor, there is the two universes, but they get split into different tribes at the beginning. Executions/TCs in both universes happen at the exact same time. The benefit is there will be two winners (or possibly the same in each game!). Twist is if it's Survivor the two universes can come together at the end and have a final vote between the two winners >=]. Although I do think this could actually work in a Mole game if it started with a small number of players.

TIME TRAVEL MOLE (or SURVIVOR). Game takes place out of order. For example, the first challenge could be the Final Immunity Challenge. Players won't know how they did (or maybe they do all get told how everyone did) until it's actually time. Or maybe they go to a TC that takes place in the future (and provide a ranked list incase their target is no longer in the game), or have the option to change votes that occurred in the past (and thus resulting in a revived player!). My original idea of a Time Travel Mole was Dr. Who themed and not too complicated. For example, they take the first quiz, the executed player is not revealed, then they have a challenge where players can win exemption for the first Round. Then the Execution is revealed :P. And they take quizzes and challenge in the future (they actually had a Mole in Dutch where they were given a Quiz and the challenge for the Quiz took place AFTER the Quiz, so the players attempted to manipulate others' actions to coordinate with their test answers).
gamsimbre
gamsimbre
Townie
gamsimbre
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:17 am

Post by gamsimbre »

I played a real life game once in college where each survivor day was an hour long. Managed to last 35 hours but it rained the whole time :(
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:31 am

Post by Klick »

In post 14, Blackberry wrote:TIME TRAVEL MOLE (or SURVIVOR). Game takes place out of order. For example, the first challenge could be the Final Immunity Challenge. Players won't know how they did (or maybe they do all get told how everyone did) until it's actually time. Or maybe they go to a TC that takes place in the future (and provide a ranked list incase their target is no longer in the game), or have the option to change votes that occurred in the past (and thus resulting in a revived player!). My original idea of a Time Travel Mole was Dr. Who themed and not too complicated. For example, they take the first quiz, the executed player is not revealed, then they have a challenge where players can win exemption for the first Round. Then the Execution is revealed :P. And they take quizzes and challenge in the future (they actually had a Mole in Dutch where they were given a Quiz and the challenge for the Quiz took place AFTER the Quiz, so the players attempted to manipulate others' actions to coordinate with their test answers).
Calling dibs on this.
Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:52 am

Post by Snakes »

24 player game. Merge immediately. Players go to Tribal Council and are forced to talk with everyone each round until the giant merge phase ends. Spoiler: it never does.

Instead of a game with 23 normal players and one player controlled by a mod and spectator that has access to confessionals, there are 23 mod-controlled players and one poor sap who thinks it's a real game.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:58 am

Post by JDGA »

In post 17, Snakes wrote:24 player game. Merge immediately. Players go to Tribal Council and are forced to talk with everyone each round until the giant merge phase ends. Spoiler: it never does.
Hell no.

Final Immunity Challenge has the jury voting on who wins immunity.
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:04 pm

Post by xofelf »

Survivor: RAF
Each challenge is a variation of RAF. All of which are super WIFOM filled and rage-inducing.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
TheBadOne
TheBadOne
Townie
TheBadOne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by TheBadOne »

In post 19, xofelf wrote:Survivor: RAF
Each challenge is a variation of RAF. All of which are super WIFOM filled and rage-inducing.
Oh psst, my idea should definitely be in the '
best
survivor idea' thread, not the worst!
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:23 pm

Post by xofelf »

There isn't a thread like that dearie. Sorry. I had forgotten some of the specific variations you came up with though. You should tell everyone :P
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Tony PF
Tony PF
Goon
Tony PF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:38 pm

Post by Tony PF »

In post 17, Snakes wrote:Instead of a game with 23 normal players and one player controlled by a mod and spectator that has access to confessionals, there are 23 mod-controlled players and one poor sap who thinks it's a real game.
Do it! Sign up for the queue! Like, right now!
(Unofficial) Puzzle And Dragons Forum Ambassador
NOT VERY ACTIVE ON WEEKDAYS

Feel free to PM about what it's like back in the PF realm.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:46 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 17, Snakes wrote:24 player game. Merge immediately. Players go to Tribal Council and are forced to talk with everyone each round until the giant merge phase ends. Spoiler: it never does.

Instead of a game with 23 normal players and one player controlled by a mod and spectator that has access to confessionals, there are 23 mod-controlled players and one poor sap who thinks it's a real game.
What happens when the "poor sap" is voted out?
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:54 pm

In post 22, Tony PF wrote:
In post 17, Snakes wrote:Instead of a game with 23 normal players and one player controlled by a mod and spectator that has access to confessionals, there are 23 mod-controlled players and one poor sap who thinks it's a real game.
Do it! Sign up for the queue! Like, right now!
But now everyone knows! Delete the post before Ani sees it!

Return to “Social Game Archive”