ELO Update

Jump to:
What is ELO?
Category Changes
GoT ELO Overview
GoT ELO Changes
Current Rankings

What is ELO?

MafiaScum Survivor ELOs are a systematic ranking system of Survivor players. Begun by Drench, handed over to Xalxe, and currently handled by CuddlyCaucasian, the rankings are recalculated after every completed game to provide an overall view of different Survivor players' aptitudes. For more information, Google ELO or PM CuddlyCaucasian.

Category Changes

Sent to Inactive List

Players who failed to play in any of the last three Survivor games (Bahamas, Game of Thrones, or Season Finale)
  • Malakittens
  • kloud1516
  • animorpherv1
  • mastermind
  • Keybladewielder
  • Pizzadudes7
  • xtopherusD
  • notscience
  • orcinus_theoriginal
Become Active

Players for whom Season Finale was their second game played on site
  • DeathNote
  • PrivateI
Provisional Players

Players for whom Season Finale was their first game played on site
  • Brian Skies
  • Svenskt Stal
Risen from the Grave

Players who were on the Inactive list before playing Season Finale
  • Snakes
  • TS
  • Cybele

Season Finale ELO Overview

PlayerPlacingELO PreELO PostDifference
Snakes
+37
TS
+86
DeathNote
+131
kdowns
+45
TheBadOne
+63
Mist7676
+44
Cephrir
Klick
Lord Mhork
+53
Cybele
Brian Skies
D3f3nd3r
pickemgenius
Drench
Svenskt Stal
PrivateI

Season Finale ELO Changes

PlayerPlacingELO PreELO PostDifference
DeathNote
+131
TS
+86
TheBadOne
+63
Lord Mhork
+53
kdowns
+45
Mist7676
+44
Snakes
+37
Klick
D3f3nd3r
Cybele
Cephrir
pickemgenius
Drench
PrivateI

Current Rankings

Active Players

PlayerELOPlayed
Snakes
2Nyalite15313
3Blackberry150212
Cephrir
5xofelf14859
6DeasVail14827
TS
kdowns
9Nicholas102413807
10mykonian13555
11Xalxe13544
12CuddlyCaucasian13333
Klick
Cybele
TheBadOne
Mist7676
DeathNote
18JDGA122710
19Crazy12279
20chesskid312215
21Chevre119612
PrivateI
23DoctorPepper11832
D3f3nd3r
pickemgenius
26Espionage11452
Drench
Lord Mhork
29Flameaxe10546

Provisional Players

PlayerELO
Brian Skies
Svenskt Stal
3Banakai1024
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by xofelf »

I want to take a moment to thank all of you for playing. And also, I want to thank my comods Crazy and Orc for inviting me to come join them in this adventure. I had a blast writing the flavour I affectionately called The Philo Papers. Thanks for giving me this opportunity. You were wonderful to work with.
10/10 would mod again.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 12:46 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Ugh.... DeathNote - you played
so bad
. Like so bad. It should have been hilariously obvious to you how good Jesse was doing.

Also tip - if you're goal is to protect someone, 95% of the time you're doing it wrong. Also, congrats Snakes!
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 12:55 pm

Post by KingdomAces »

I'm getting thirsty, anyone have some Koolaid or something?

Also, I don't know how more people didn't realize that Orc was the one doing most of the hyping of this game, and then he ended up not being listed as a mod. Maybe people did realize it and didn't bother saying anything?

Anyway, congrats to Snakes. I don't really have anything to say that I didn't say in the spectator forums, and you probably shouldn't even read most of that in the last few topics.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 1:10 pm

Post by kdowns »

It was really fun game to play with. Especially with my brief moments of inactivity. Also DN don't play for F2 always always play for the win. There is a reason why I stay UTR for so long before I even attempt to try anything.
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 1:12 pm

Post by kdowns »

I just realized that this was my Tenth game... .-.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 1:18 pm

Post by xofelf »

KA there was a reason Orc wasn't listed. He and Crazy were the people behind the challenges and the setup but then Orc had time constraints so we made the decision not to list him as one of the mods. He did frequently check in and was integral in the challenge running and other mod decisions.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by Klick »

I was told that he got kicked out. :P

Snakes once again proves that he is the reigning King of Survivor here. Congrats.
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 2:14 pm

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

In post 27, animorpherv1 wrote:Ugh.... DeathNote - you played
so bad
. Like so bad. It should have been hilariously obvious to you how good Jesse was doing.

Also tip - if you're goal is to protect someone, 95% of the time you're doing it wrong. Also, congrats Snakes!
I really want to emphasize this. :(

But I agree with everything said so far, Snakes played the best game, but it's on other players to not let someone as obvwinner as Snakes get to the end (although immunity idol and sole vote at F4 made that kinda hard)
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 2:16 pm

Post by Snakes »

Thanks guys! This game was a lot of fun, and I want to thank the mods again for hosting it. It ran really smoothly and I had a great time. Sorry to everybody I lied to, especially DeathNote. Me and TS finally made F2 together <3

I'm going to take a little bit of a break. I had forgotten how intense playing these games can be, and with school starting after Hogwarts ends, I won't have as much time as I used to.

Also, Survivor: Hogwarts will start in a couple weeks, modded by CC, Betch and myself. So join that.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 3:31 pm

Post by Crazy »

Thank you to my two co-mods. This game really felt like a team effort and I like to think this game wouldn't have happened without all three of us.

Thank you to the players, as well. Even though the game was definitely boring and/or frustrating at times, you guys didn't lash out at us in any meaningful way, and I appreciate that. Obviously, this game didn't quite go as well as we hoped for, although you guys were still an active bunch, even if a lot of the gameplay was a little passive and Pagonging-y for my taste. Still, there's no wrong way to play Survivor, and every move that's made or not made will benefit some people and not benefit others. I won't get upset with people playing poorly (at least, as a mod), as long as they
believe
it's in their best interest. People intentionally not playing to win does bother me, though, but I'm not sure that actually happened this game.

While I don't think this game's design was the sole reason there was a Pagonging, I do think the lack of a tribe swap contributed to it. I'm always in favor of swaps in the real show, because they are the simplest and easiest way to prevent a likely Pagonging. This game, we didn't add one, and it wasn't because we wanted this to be a "nice, pleasant game" as Danny stated at least once. Personally, I thought we had enough other twists to compensate for the lack of a swap (4 twists in a 16-player game felt like a lot at the time). And really, with the mutiny, we didn't think the players would
expect
a swap to happen, because swaps and mutinies don't really go well together. Imagine mutinying from your tribe but then the game just swaps the next round. It would kill the entire purpose of the mutiny.

In retrospect, what we should have done is had a tribe swap early in the game (within the first 3 rounds) and introduced the mutiny after that. It would have given players a reason to mutiny without completely undermining the twist. That likely would have made things a lot more exciting. Instead, we took a more indirect route with the game, trying to create twists that would cause the players to adjust their own gameplay, while keeping all the power in the hands of the players. Unfortunately, it didn't work, although if the game did flip at F8 like we all were hoping it would have, I wouldn't have regretted a single thing about the game design. Well, except maybe some of the details of the challenges, but I won't get into that.

If I were to mod again, and I really really plan on doing so, (Season 2 Finale, anyone?) I would definitely be way more aggressive with the twists. Or, I could go completely insane and make a game that's 3 times worse than Arkham. That would be fun, too.

Congrats to Snakes/Jesse, as he played phenomenally, and with him not playing in Hogwarts, that should make everyone else significantly more likely to win! I hope that game goes well for him, and I hope the boredom and frustration of this game hasn't plunged too many of you into retirement so Hogwarts will be able to find enough awesome players. :)
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 3:41 pm

Post by xofelf »

*Series Finale.
Season 2 Finale just sounds laaame.
And no, don't outdo Arkham. That's just not nice.
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 3:50 pm

Not before Arkham outdoes Arkham!

xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 3:55 pm

Post by xofelf »

Gurl you know it!
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 4:38 pm

Post by Crazy »

In post 37, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:Not before Arkham outdoes Arkham!
^I agree.

(And I was joking. Hopefully.)
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 4:45 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

Thank you everyone for playing

I'd like to thank my mods for running the latter half of the show completely, and for workin with me on design.

A giant shout out to my talented girlfriend who spent 5 hours drawing the picture you guys saw in episode 1 with me
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 4:45 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Congrats Snakes!

Yay 3rd place!

Also, I figured I was closer alliance wise to Snakes/TS then what I was because...well, I wasn't eliminated.

Like, why would I still be there in Merge after the in character crap I pulled plus screwing over the first challenge for a useless reward? Figured it was because I was in a legitimate alliance lol.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 4:50 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

In post 32, Klick wrote:I was told that he got kicked out. :P

Snakes once again proves that he is the reigning King of Survivor here. Congrats.
Funny that, I was told I died.
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 5:04 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 41, DeathNote wrote: Like, why would I still be there in Merge after the in character crap I pulled plus screwing over the first challenge for a useless reward? Figured it was because I was in a legitimate alliance lol.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 7:53 pm

Post by Snakes »

In post 41, DeathNote wrote:Congrats Snakes!

Yay 3rd place!

Also, I figured I was closer alliance wise to Snakes/TS then what I was because...well, I wasn't eliminated.

Like, why would I still be there in Merge after the in character crap I pulled plus screwing over the first challenge for a useless reward? Figured it was because I was in a legitimate alliance lol.
Our alliance wasn't real, but I wouldn't say that it was exactly fake either. Dora tried to get me to vote you out early in merge, and I didn't want to do that. You were kept around because although you weren't part of the main alliance, we at least had an alliance with you. With Hawkeye and Homer and Barney, I didn't know where they stood on me, and I trusted you more than them, especially with the first challenge far behind us.

If you're talking about the first round, me and Danny figured out you went for the overkill but approaching us about an alliance saved you. Even though you did cost us the challenge, you at least admitted it to us and we wanted to work with you as a kind of side alliance, while Barney didn't even talk about anything besides the challenge.
TS
TS
Watcher
TS
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 2:26 am

Post by TS »

I wasn't going to post here but It's impossible to please people in this game. In most of my prior games I am given scathing disdain for being a villain who blindsides, and here I am completely loyal to Jesse and my old allies and people think I'm idiotic for not voting them out. Then again I don't care much for pleasing people. I might not be playing again, certainly not unless I can be assured that It won't be with Holly. Credit to Dora and Yzma who both played really intelligent games. Didn't take everything too seriously (it never stops amazing me how Snakes is so gamebotty and cold in his confessionals. I forgot he was like that in those) and sometimes had the most insightful or refreshing things to say by far. Mad props to Nappa too for trying to be different and making the effort to bring some flavour to a powdery game. Machine was right saying these games become formulaic after a time, but I don't think a player like Nappa could ever be compartmentalized into an equation.
For anyone else

"Fame is a mask that eats into the face"

- Updike
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 3:20 am

I've never had a problem with you being a villain TS, I was fine with your game in arkham apart from the fact that you made fun of other players in your confessional. I think the main problem people had with you was that it seemed like you weren't playing to win, due to Jesse apparently being the biggest jury threat since merge, but I still think you played a solid game, only difference is Snakes played that same game better. Don't be so hard on yourself, dear.<3

EDIT: oh, one thing that did annoy me was it seemed like you and Snakes, and then Cephrir and you come merge, were basing most of your trust in each other on the fact that you could tell their identities. I remember that reasoning being posted in your confessionals at some point, and while it is hard to ignore observations like that and make decisions based on them, it makes me feel really uncomfortable to see it being stated as the basis of your trust in an anon game.

TS
TS
Watcher
TS
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 3:33 am

Post by TS »

I'll make a note in my confessional next time (apparently now heavily censored because I can't say bad things about other players?) that being loyal and getting a third of the jury votes (probably more had Thomas been here) is apparently such a bad game it's like playing not to win, which really is just disrespectful seeing how much we had to drag ourselves through that game.
But whatever. That's me done for another cycle.
-Out//
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 5:22 am

It's also disrespectful calling another player your puppy and making fun of them cause you can. I understand your frustration, but the object of the game is making the jury think you played the best game, and if the jury despises you, it has to be because of something you did.

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 5:34 am

Post by Xalxe »

shit nobody read my past confessionals then, p. sure I say some awful things
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -

Return to “Social Game Archive”