Goon
Caycedo
Goon
Goon

Rumble III:Begin! (Deadline 6/13)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 6:23 pm

Post by Caycedo »

Rumble:

A game of strategy, resource management and super-heroic backstabbing!
[/size]

Rules and Abilities Compendium

Recently Completed Games:

Rumble the First
Rumble the Second

Special thanks to Blackberry for introducing the game, as well as diligent modding!

To participate, simply post "/in" in the thread and send me a PM with two powers.
If you don't want to pick any powers, PM the mod and he'll select two powers on your behalf.
Once I have received all powers I will reveal the powers and the bidding phase will begin.
Communication in private will be permitted after the bidding phase has begun.
You may select a superhero name now, or after you have won your powers.

(Borrowed from Blackberry)

Sign-ups:

1. Burning_Earth
2. Save the Dragons
3. Blackberry
4. Thurhame
5. DiplomatDC
6. Dessew
7. KingdomAces
8. Aronis
Last edited by Caycedo on Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:38 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Caycedo
Caycedo
Goon
Caycedo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 6:23 pm

Post by Caycedo »

The Combatants:

Burning_Earth (AKA Mr. Counterspell Dude )

Spoiler:
Energy:

Powers:
Imagine Breaker
Boycott

Save The Dragons (AKA Evolving Diamond Batman of Raging Power )

Spoiler:
Energy: 17
Powers:
Batman Captions
Evolution
Diamond Armor
Power Bomb
Wounded Rage

Blackberry (AKA Tiara)

Spoiler:
Energy: 84

Powers:
Fake Gold
Fickle Shield

Thurhame (AKA The Dragon Monk)

Spoiler:
Energy: 63

Powers:
Ying Essence
Yang Essence

DiplomatDC (AKA The Gambler)

Spoiler:
Energy: 65

Powers:
All In
Spell of Berserk
Antimatter Body

Dessew (AKA Ze Exponential Crystal, Guardian of Minerals)

Spoiler:
Energy: 74

Powers:
Crystallize

KingdomAces (AKA The Convict)

Spoiler:
Energy: 100

Aronis (AKA Jedi Knight Acarius Vigil)

Spoiler:
Energy: 90
Powers:
Beyond the Grave

Peanut

Spoiler:
Energy: 175
Last edited by Caycedo on Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Burning_Earth
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 8:24 pm

Post by Burning_Earth »

/in in in in in
Caycedo
Caycedo
Goon
Caycedo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2014 5:20 pm

Post by Caycedo »

Posting to let everyone know that, now that the boards are back-up, I'm at the helm and ready to mod!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 9:30 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

/in
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 1:00 pm

Post by Blackberry »

#W
/in
ning
Caycedo
Caycedo
Goon
Caycedo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 1:59 pm

Post by Caycedo »

Great to have you both aboard! Send me a message with the powers you would like to submit for auction, or let me know if you want me to select some on your behalf.
Thurhame
Thurhame
Goon
Thurhame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2014 3:35 pm

Post by Thurhame »

/in

This game looks fun! Gonna go through some of my favorite manga for power ideas.
DiplomatDC
DiplomatDC
Townie
DiplomatDC
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2014 3:19 am

Post by DiplomatDC »

/in
Caycedo
Caycedo
Goon
Caycedo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2014 4:39 am

Post by Caycedo »

Very exciting to be starting soon!

Friends, as we are attracting more players and our game is filling up, I will be willing to start once we have at least seven players. That being said, I feel that the quality of the game is enhanced with a greater number of players, but I will defer to your collective will when it comes to starting.

Thank you all for your interest!
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2014 5:04 am

Post by Dessew »

/in if possible, then
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2014 7:38 am

Post by KingdomAces »

/in

Because why not.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
Thurhame
Thurhame
Goon
Thurhame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2014 1:24 pm

Post by Thurhame »

That's seven, so I guess we can wait a day or two to see if more people join, and then start?
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2014 3:37 pm

Post by Aronis »

/in. You can choose my powers, if you don't mind.
Caycedo
Caycedo
Goon
Caycedo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2014 6:06 pm

Post by Caycedo »

Sign-ups will close at 8PM EST.
DiplomatDC
DiplomatDC
Townie
DiplomatDC
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2014 4:05 am

Post by DiplomatDC »

Should I submit my powers now?
Caycedo
Caycedo
Goon
Caycedo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2014 5:03 am

Post by Caycedo »

In post 15, DiplomatDC wrote:Should I submit my powers now?

Yes please!
Caycedo
Caycedo
Goon
Caycedo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2014 3:37 pm

Post by Caycedo »

Dear Friends, sign-ups are now closed, and we will begin the game with 8 players!

I am still waiting for powers from DiplomatDC, which I believe should come through very shortly.

After I have all the powers, The Auction will begin, and players will have 48 hours to submit their votes
Caycedo
Caycedo
Goon
Caycedo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:20 am

Post by Caycedo »

All Powers have been submitted and clarified, and the auction is being written up as we speak!
Caycedo
Caycedo
Goon
Caycedo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:06 am

Post by Caycedo »

Chapter 1: Fateful Choices

You pace nervously in the dark, fiddling with your heads-up display. Through the walls, you hear the low roar of a crowd eager for the bloodshed and mayhem that has become the hallmark of the Arena. It feels like a lifetime ago when you yourself sat in one of the thousands of seats, eager for jets of flame, gnashing teeth or vile toxins to bring glorious death to the newly-minted meta-humans laying waste to each other far below you.

Suddenly, the walls before you begin to rumble open, the harsh light of the Arena streaming through. The clamor of the crowd assaults your ears, and as you step through the opening, you see the Arena from a very different angle.

Why had you come here, risking your life? Fame? Wealth and Power? Justice? Validation? Revenge? Escape? As you look around you, you see that seven other individuals stand between you and the goal upon which you are willing to gamble your life.

The Arena itself changes with every season. This year, it is mocked up to resemble a squalid sprawl of bombed-out tenements, inundated with knee-deep stinking sewage. Probably best to avoid falling in. From your platform, you easily step out onto one of the rooftops, making note of the stairwells descending into the building's interior. A useful place to hide?

Your examination is cut short as the walls seal up behind you and a familiar booming voice echoes through the arena. Despite the roar of the crowd, the thunderous words of the Prince ring in your ears.

"Welcome, dear friends, to my humble playground. Make yourselves at home!" His shrill laughter grates your eardrums.

"I applaud your courage. You have taken your life into your own hands, as you seek a prize beyond measure. Rest assured, dear ones, that should you survive my Arena, you will be rewarded beyond your wildest dreams."

The Prince continues, cackling: "But let's get on with it, shall we? You know the drill, eager combatants. As a test of your dedication, you must secure the tools of victory with your own life force. Consider your choice carefully, as your life will never be the same!"

Your heads-up display is whirs to life, and is populated with the following list:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All in:

Spend 0: Activate once per game: For the rest of the game, your offence is doubled. Discard all superpowers and you may not defend for the rest of the game.

Fake Gold:

Spend 20 to Activate: Choose one player: You gain one of their powers, chosen at random and lose Fake Gold. That player loses the selected power and gains Fake Gold.

Batman Captions:

For each set of damage dealt to a Hero, you may shout a one-word sound effect that has not been shouted before in the game, to add 5 to that damage.

Evolution:

Whenever you take more damage than Evolution's Power Strength in a single round, choose a random Power from the online archives, then double Evolution's Power Strength.

Imagine Breaker:

Activated powers may not directly affect you. Power-based attack and defense bonuses used against you are ignored. Once per round, during the allocation phase, you may spend 25 energy to negate the activation of all powers of a single player for one round.

Spell of Berserk:

Spend X Energy to Activate: Choose a player. If that player's defense is less than X, that player must spend all energy on Attack for the next two rounds.

Boycott:

If you don't use any Powers during a round, everyone else's active Powers are negated for that round.

Antimatter Body:

Whenever you take damage (including Burn), add it to your Energy instead. If you exceed 100 Energy, you explode.

Diamond Armor:

Reduces Energy loss due to damage by 5 any turn (does not add Energy if Energy lose < 5). At any point in time you may choose to discard this power to gain 10*(1.25)^x Energy, where x is the number of rounds that have elapsed thus far.

Beyond the Grave:

Upon death, turn into a Ghost (immune to attacks/powers) with 25 Energy for the rest of the game. Wins if all remaining players to die on the same turn, unless at any point in time one person is still alive, in that case the surviving player wins as per normal rules.

Yin Essence:

All of your attacks are multiplied by 1.5 (rounded down). When you die, this item is automatically given to the holder of the Yang Essence. If you possess both the Yin & Yang Essences, then all of your attacks are multiplied by 2.

Yang Essence:

Your defense is multiplied by 1.5 (rounded down). When you die, this item is automatically given to the holder of the Yin Essence. If you possess both the Yin & Yang Essences, then your defense is multiplied by 2.

Power Bomb:

Spend X to Activate and choose a power: Its owner takes X damage the next time it activates or is activated.

Wounded Rage:

Activate once per round: Add 30 to a single Attack if you were damaged in the previous round.

Fickle Shield:

At the beginning of the Allocation phase, you may flip a coin to Activate this power. If heads, prevent all damage taken during that round and gain Energy equal to half of the total. If tails, take the damage normally and you may not Attack or activate Powers next round.

Crystallize:

Spend 20 to Activate: Add +X to your Defense. X is initially 1, and doubles every time you use this Power.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Players, please begin to submit your bids!

Bidding will close on June 3rd 2:00 PM EST

Last edited by Caycedo on Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:47 am, edited 7 times in total.
Thurhame
Thurhame
Goon
Thurhame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:15 am

Post by Thurhame »

Question: If Imagine Breaker's active targets Boycott's user, what happens?
Boycott will resolve first, negating the activation of Imagine Breaker

Question: If Crystalize is copied by Fake Gold, does the copy start over at X=1?
Yes.

Question: Can Fake Gold be used more than once in a turn?
No. Once Fake Gold has been activated, the user loses use of this power.

Question: If a player with Imagine Breaker uses Fake Gold, what happens?
The player is unable to activate Fake Gold due to Imagine Breaker's passive
Last edited by Caycedo on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:41 am

Post by Blackberry »

I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions, but to start out with...

Can Boycott / Imagine Breaker prevent someone from turning into a Ghost (via Beyond the Grave)? I was going to happen what asks if someone has turned into a Ghost then Boycott/Imagine Breaker are used, but I realized Beyond the Grave is immune from other powers and assume they can't de-ghost someone?
Neither Boycott nor Imagine Breaker can interfere with passive abilities. Thus, neither will prevent Ghosting nor nullify Ghosting.

Can someone explain what an Imagine Breaker is? ^_^
???

If someone has Yin Essence & uses All In, then their Offense is multiplied by 3 (1.5 * 2?)?
Activating All In would discard Yin Essence.

Imagine Breaker indicates that (all) powers may not affect the owner directly, so if someone wins Imagine Breaker, then they can not powers like Crystallize or Yang Essence or Antimatter Body (etc) if they won them, correct?
Imagine Breaker/Boycott only interferes with active abilities. Antimatter Body, Yin/Yang Essence is a passive ability, and would be unaffected. Crystallize is an activated power, so the player would be unable to activate it on herself.

When someone becomes a Ghost from Beyond the Grave, do they keep their powers?
Yes.
Last edited by Caycedo on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:46 am

Post by Blackberry »

Also, does Boycott cancel out powers that have taken effect (such as Spell of Beserk)?
No, as Spell of Berserk was already activated, and its effect is now passive.

Also, how does Boycott/Imagine Breaker work with Antimatter Body? If I have Antimatter Body and someone uses Boycott/Imagine Breaker, then do I go back to losing energy when damaged that round and my death condition goes back to reaching 0?
Boycott/Imagine Breaker do not nullify Antimatter Body, as it is a passive ability.
Last edited by Caycedo on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thurhame
Thurhame
Goon
Thurhame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by Thurhame »

Boycott only negates active powers (used) that round, so I assume it wouldn't affect Passives like Beyond the Grave or Antimatter Body, or continued effects like Spell of Berserk's effect. Which also means it wouldn't affect Imagine Breaker's passive, making my first question moot.

I second the Yin Essence + All In question. Are their effects considered consecutively (e.g. for an attack of 20, Yin Essence gives a bonus of 10, then All In gives a bonus of (20+10=) 30) or are both bonuses calculated off the base attack strength?

Imagine Breaker is the ability of Kamijou Touma, protagonist of
A Certain Magical Index
and major character in
A Certain Scientific Railgun
. It resides in his right hand and nullifies any supernatural effect he touches, be it psychic abilities, magic, whatever. It even negates his own "fortune", leaving him a really unlucky guy.
Last edited by Thurhame on Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:31 pm

Post by Blackberry »

In post 23, Thurhame wrote:Boycott only negates active powers (used) that round, so I assume it wouldn't affect Passives like Beyond the Grave or Antimatter Body, or continued effects like Spell of Berserk's effect. Which also means it wouldn't affect Imagine Breaker's passive, making my first question moot.

I second the Yin Essence + All In question. Are their effects considered consecutively (e.g. for an attack of 20, Yin Essence gives a bonus of 10, then All In gives a bonus of (20+10=) 30) or are both bonuses calculated off the base attack strength?

Imagine Breaker is the ability of Kamijou Touma, protagonist of
A Certain Magical Index
and major character in
A Certain Scientific Railgun
. It resides in his right hand and nullifies any supernatural effect he touches, be it psychic abilities, magic, whatever.
After re-reading, I realized All-In indicates you discard all your other powers, so that question was moot. :oops:

Return to “Social Game Archive”