DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:52 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Well played everyone. I saw some interesting characters this time around and some strong new players which I loved. It was an enjoyable game to watch.

Congrats to our final 2 contestants, I was unsure who would end up winning. Well done to Reck and the Mod Crew for pulling this one out successfully.

<3 Zelda/Toad, you were great and I am glad we became good friends during Zora. Sorry for pulling you down with me.

Not sorry that Dampe/Colin ended up getting screwed over once Merge hit :)
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:58 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Learnt lots for such a short time in the game.
Don't @ me.
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:18 pm

Post by Shiidaji »

Fuck! Reck man you are based, thanks for sticking in it to the end you've got alla our appreciation and admiration, this must have been a monster to moderate alone while juggling real life. Props to the spectators for helping out too, that was really nice.

God I'm so excited to read like EVERYTHING but I gotta say a few words cuz jesus christ this game was so incredible all throughout

Cybele you outdid yourself this time, the lovable character, good balance between game stuff and what makes you ::you:: had me so invested, god.

KA! You rascal, I wish we coulda joined up so I could treat you like a human bean and not worship at your altar like I usually do c: Third time'll be the charm, you'll see.

Flameaxe I dunno if you really FELT me like I FELT you but even in our short time together I felt so cozy and comfortable. Can't believe I didn't realize it was you either, I remember you mentioning the Engineering degree as Davos in GoT and my god allying with you is like a DREAM! Seeing you leave across the pond was so fucking heartbreaking, christ. <3333

CC you little shit LOL I love you don't take my reaction @ you leavin personally c: I know you had other deals but the moment (the MOMENT) you said "yeah we're blindsiding navi later duh LOL" you have no idea how much weight came off my shoulders. My High School Musical DVD will never feel the same. (btw gl with colleges ik you were hella busy go get em tiger)

Zito idk you but you're pretty damn cool imo lata

PEG i love spectating you but I hatehatehate you in game pfff

STD idk you either but you BROUGHT IT at that Tribal Holy SHIT, THAT is the passion and FORCE and RAWR a FTC speech needs you are a GOD
- I should have trusted you at 9. However, it was difficult, super super difficult, because first and foremost you didn't me WHO was directly telling you that a Colin vote would not work out. I WANTED to trust you. Instead I became cautious, callous and wary. I feel had you been much more forward with me about the deal on Hylian instead of playing patsy (fake a F3 with me while pulling in Chomps or something, SOMETHING) I would have more incentive to cut ties with Mido and Eldino. That, or while negotiating a flip against Navi in the future, say things like: "What do you think? Who would you eliminate pre-flip over these options? I want to to work this out with you" In this case I feel we could definitely have realized that we BOTH really really liked TheBreeze. I felt condescension, I felt that you looked DOWN at me because I was UTR in early merge. I know that may not be the case, haven't read confessionals, however talking to me as an equal is something I feel would definitely make your proposition that much more tempting.

scotmany you're a cool guy, very chill and I enjoyed playing with you after realizing you were just the quiet type/not a social-heavy type.

Aronis you're a fucking star, keep it real. Don't let any negative shit anyone posts get to you, you were a legitimate threat that I feel nobody expected coming up through merge and had Jelly been less snowed in by Klick/the master sword not come into play, you had a legit great shot to make it.

Jelly after thinking about it, I really feel you should have flipped with us, that could definitely had lead to a win for you, especially since you'd be in the perfect position to eliminate me and Breeze right after. From what I am gathering now as I read the game, you were a clear fourth in the power structure of the Chatzy clique. Were you really, really upset about the buttbuddy thing though? Please tell me that was a joke.

xof omg of course it's you LOL jfc you think you know a horse >:) I got that book btw, haven't tried opening it yet. Good shit about keeping that Navi F2 very very secret and safe.

KLICK CHRIST OF COURSE IT'S YOU LOL I admire your ability to completely snow people into a herd of zombies that are ok with going with the flow and not questioning whether their position is actually not rock steady, jesus. I feel that Chatzys played a ridiculously powerful role in that though, no? Like, when you've got multiple people in a chat knowing that A said so-and-so to B in real-time it's much more likely to be truthful. You were the object of my ire pretty much ALL game and I'm a little disappointed that it was birdbrain kicking you out in the end of it all. thought you were nich tbh though lol >:[ First time we've been rivals in a game not counting the short stint in Sky Pillar I think. It was cool to PLAY against you and not just Spectate you from above, ya gamebot.

PIGGY WHAT THE HELL i thought you were JDGA PFFFFFFFFF you came across incredibly cocky, overconfident and ultimately a bit unaware but you got good hobby taste. wp

Breeze boy you the fuckin' man and I'm sure if you had time to invest in that FTC there would be SO many more Eldin votes up there christ. This win is OURS son, don't think about the placing at all. I had the time of my life scrapping through a the minority alliance struggle with you, some of my favorite Survivor moments ever tbh wouldn't have done it any other way

i got a TON more to say but lemme finish reading the spec forums cuz you guys rocked it so hard too and knowing that guys like Drench (i fuckin KNEW it was you you shit ilu to bits) and
Snakes
Ceph??woah kept up and enjoyed our struggles with us.
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:30 pm

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

In post 102, Shiidaji wrote:CC you little shit LOL I love you don't take my reaction @ you leavin personally c: I know you had other deals but the moment (the MOMENT) you said "yeah we're blindsiding navi later duh LOL" you have no idea how much weight came off my shoulders. My High School Musical DVD will never feel the same. (btw gl with colleges ik you were hella busy go get em tiger)

leaving you and eldin was my main regret bby </3 </3 </3 read my last confessional post for the full scoop on things but AH I've always wanted to align with you, it's everything I hoped it would be (even though we totally hated each other early on real talk)
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:39 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I regret making a mess of allying with Shii as much as I did in Sky Pillar.
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:41 pm

Post by Shiidaji »

you were a creepy-ass :) :) :) mo fo at first but once you showed more of the real ;;;you;;; it shined bright and I fell in love lol

In post 80, Save The Dragons wrote:Congrats Shii (and if you don't hate me you can come to me for C++ help if you need it, that's what I actually study).

Well played, TheBreeze, hope things go well for you.

Aw yiss teach me the ways of the dragon

the specs forum is incredible oh my god

reck/drench wrote:Navi/Epona/Skully = Regina George + Mean Girls
THIS RESONATES SO MUCH ESPECIALLY WITH THE CHATZY DOMINANCE HOLY SHIT

jelly = Cady deff
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:42 pm

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

In post 93, scotmany12 wrote:As my first anonymous game (and I seriously don't even remember the other four games I played in)...this was something. Not sure it's for me. It's so much trying to keep up the social aspect of the game, and it became a chore to me.

Most of the time, Survivor is 10% scot, 20% scot, 15% concentrated power of scot, 5% scot, 50% scot, and 100% reason to remember the scot

@ and shii yeah originally the only reason i played was to be a creepy ass but then i actually started having fun doing serious game things!
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:52 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 102, Shiidaji wrote:Fuck! Reck man you are based, thanks for sticking in it to the end you've got alla our appreciation and admiration, this must have been a monster to moderate alone while juggling real life. Props to the spectators for helping out too, that was really nice.

thx babe
green shirt thursdays
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:59 pm

Post by Cybele »

for the record, Tetra was 100% the best character I ran into in my short time playing. Loved her immediately. Well done.
Nicholas1024
Nicholas1024
The Ides of Mash
Nicholas1024
The Ides of Mash
The Ides of Mash

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:59 pm

Post by Nicholas1024 »

Serious shout-outs to Shiidaji/Breezy for an amazing F7 onwards. I still can't believe you two pulled that off, it makes me wish I'd been able to play in this game.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:18 pm

Post by Aronis »

Thanks for modding, Reck. I had an excellent time.

Congrats, Shiidaji! You and The Breeze played exceptionally well.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:32 pm

Post by KittyMo »

This was interesting to spectate and seems really tough to play in. I was following pretty closely but too shy to post much. I was glad that two of my favorites made final 2. I think the only people I actually guessed the identities of were Cheerygod and MathBlade. Also, apparently Drench reminds me of kanyeknowsbest (who I've met irl so it's mostly not cuz of the persona + shouldn't be considered a bad thing.) Thanks for the game, Reck!
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:43 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Glad there's not a lot of venom coming out afterwards.
green shirt thursdays
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:05 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I hate you all for not allowing any of my original predictions to come true.

Also the fact I titled my thread Zant's Rants was the only reason I was avoiding titling my questionaires that. I stopped the ants in pants because I changed the title a couple of times in the first tribe swap one after I c/ped badly.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:40 pm

Post by ForWhomTheJellyRolls »

In post 102, Shiidaji wrote:

Jelly after thinking about it, I really feel you should have flipped with us, that could definitely had lead to a win for you, especially since you'd be in the perfect position to eliminate me and Breeze right after. From what I am gathering now as I read the game, you were a clear fourth in the power structure of the Chatzy clique. Were you really, really upset about the buttbuddy thing though? Please tell me that was a joke.

When should I have flipped with you? Obviously I should have, but I don't know when the best time to do it was. By the time the Master Sword dealy came about I had already lied to you twice about voting SK out. I probably should have tried harder at that point but would you have believed me? During Doctor Who part of the reason I feel I was booted was that I ended up with no alliances at all. I wanted to learn from my mistakes so I tried to be pretty loyal to that particular core alliance. It's not like I wouldn't have flipped but there was a part of me that thought it would be better to stay there. It was a gamble but I was never planning on reaching the end with either SK or Navi.

I'm not a fan of that phase or the way it was used. I was taken aback by it.
"A hidden truth supports everything. Find it, and win." - Ramayana
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Do you have the need for Mafia de Cuba?
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:18 pm

Post by Shiidaji »

omg I didn't know stdphrir was a thing, him and ceph fucking around in the confessional is super adorable

(ceph is dom right)

When should I have flipped with you? Obviously I should have, but I don't know when the best time to do it was. By the time the Master Sword dealy came about I had already lied to you twice about voting SK out. I probably should have tried harder at that point but would you have believed me? During Doctor Who part of the reason I feel I was booted was that I ended up with no alliances at all. I wanted to learn from my mistakes so I tried to be pretty loyal to that particular core alliance. It's not like I wouldn't have flipped but there was a part of me that thought it would be better to stay there. It was a gamble but I was never planning on reaching the end with either SK or Navi.

I'm not a fan of that phase or the way it was used. I was taken aback by it.

You lied to me twice! That means there was a second lie after the first lie, which means I'm the type to not care after that first one, man! That's why I congratulated you on snowing us over and didn't just burn the bridge right then and there. Breeze and I were in the minority, we woulda had no choice but to believe you bubby.

Hm, alright. Just seemed odd to me that compared to all the other words like FUCK and SHIT and GODDAMN that I used with temerity you specifically chose BUTTBUDDY to O: at. I apologize!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:37 am

Post by DeasVail »

Now unfortunately the spectator survivor game didn't give us the chance to decide on the best spectator of them all.

However, Fantasy Survivor Hyrule has a winner!!!!

In third place, with 205 points...

Spoiler: I can use spoilers too
Darunia/BipolarChemist!

In second place, with 440 points...

Spoiler:
Makar/KittyMo!

And finally, in first, with a whopping 565 points...

Spoiler:
Bomber/TheBadOne

Thanks to all who participated. :)
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:12 am

Post by Klick »

Shiidaji wrote:I admire your ability to completely snow people into a herd of zombies that are ok with going with the flow and not questioning whether their position is actually not rock steady

I don't agree with this, and I think it's unfair to the people I allied with. I don't intend to make zombies; I intend to make allies, and in many cases, friends. This is especially the case for xof, who also happened to play a freaking amazing game but got shat on in the spectator forum as well.
Last edited by Klick on Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:35 am

Post by Shiidaji »

i am biased b/c i was among the victims of absolute Chatzy exclusion the entire game yfm that shit hurts to read about postgame

zombies was hyperbolic however i am not talking about xof because she was hypersolid with you anyway after the relentless ZEN chatzies (a medium that, if used wisely and consistently can be used to suss out whether an ally is 100% with you or not).

getting shat on is just the result of autonomous storytelling since from an outsider's perspective you guys did feel like a super tight superior clique and you cannot deny that you mocked the outsiders/underdogs mid-late merge.

edit:

getting shat on is just the result of autonomous storytelling since from an outsider's perspective you guys did feel like a super tight superior clique and you cannot deny that you mocked the outsiders/underdogs mid-late merge.

what i mean to say is had the situation been reversed and say Epona-Nav were a minority to some power 4some there would be no shitting-on on xof at all, it is simply natural to be more willing to pick apart the negative attributes of a majority because they are facing the underdog, rootable minoirty

i think epona wins in ftc vs navi in quite a few cases anyway, that wasn't a potshot at all.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:49 am

Post by JDGA »

In post 102, Shiidaji wrote:PIGGY WHAT THE HELL i thought you were JDGA PFFFFFFFFF you came across incredibly cocky, overconfident and ultimately a bit unaware but you got good hobby taste. wp
what
Also I still feel bad about spamming up the spectator forum I'M SORRY I TREATED IT LIKE MY CONFESSIONAL AND ENDED UP OCTUPLE(+)-POSTING
Also also Tetra was straight up the best, love that you still went with Zelda without taking the obvious choice :P
Also also also obligatory props to Reck for putting on the best Survivor of 2015! (har) (in all seriousness certainly one of the best, at least as far as I could tell)
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:10 am

Post by KingdomAces »

Don't compare Tetra to Zelda, Tetra is a far superior character. Especially looking solely at the TL series.

I don't even play multiplayer games, and I really wanted a co-op game starring TL and Tetra, where both characters got unique items and abilities, with puzzles that could only be solved by both of them working in unison. Instead we got Spirit Tracks, which... ugghh. Don't even get me started on that game.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
Princess Toady
Princess Toady
Watcher
Princess Toady
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:01 am

Post by Princess Toady »

In post 100, DeathNote wrote:Well played everyone. I saw some interesting characters this time around and some strong new players which I loved. It was an enjoyable game to watch.

Congrats to our final 2 contestants, I was unsure who would end up winning. Well done to Reck and the Mod Crew for pulling this one out successfully.

<3 Zelda/Toad, you were great and I am glad we became good friends during Zora. Sorry for pulling you down with me.

Not sorry that Dampe/Colin ended up getting screwed over once Merge hit :)

Don't worry about it! Loved you too and I wouldn't have voted for you anyways, haha!

I just didn't see myself surviving in this tribe if they were to kick out the most 'social' players anyways. It was a blast talking to you, you were the only one amidst the mess of the Zora TC who was still talking about other stuff with me. <3
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:25 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Honestly, I don't think anyone realized they were on the bottom of Navi/SK/Epona, which was the smart play by them. They kept enough people in the dark to make them think they were all in a Final 3 deal, and nobody was ever the wiser.

But seriously -- next mods, please don't allow chatzys
green shirt thursdays
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:41 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 102, Shiidaji wrote:
xof omg of course it's you LOL jfc you think you know a horse >:) I got that book btw, haven't tried opening it yet. Good shit about keeping that Navi F2 very very secret and safe.

Of course it's me, and of course it's you. The one person who I KNEW was an oldtimer that I knew, but for the love of god I couldn't place and it was driving me craaaaaaazy. There's actually a topic full of recs if you want some more. But good shit, tell me how you like it.(You know, actually exist on Skype or some shit <3)

In post 118, Shiidaji wrote:i am biased b/c i was among the victims of absolute Chatzy exclusion the entire game yfm that shit hurts to read about postgame

zombies was hyperbolic however i am not talking about xof because she was hypersolid with you anyway after the relentless ZEN chatzies (a medium that, if used wisely and consistently can be used to suss out whether an ally is 100% with you or not).

edit:

what i mean to say is had the situation been reversed and say Epona-Nav were a minority to some power 4some there would be no shitting-on on xof at all, it is simply natural to be more willing to pick apart the negative attributes of a majority because they are facing the underdog, rootable minoirty

i think epona wins in ftc vs navi in quite a few cases anyway, that wasn't a potshot at all.

Thank you for this actually. It's nice to see that someone outside of my allies actually can see what I was doing and how it would work.
Last edited by xofelf on Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:46 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 106, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:In post 93, scotmany12 wrote:As my first anonymous game (and I seriously don't even remember the other four games I played in)...this was something. Not sure it's for me. It's so much trying to keep up the social aspect of the game, and it became a chore to me.

Most of the time, Survivor is 10% scot, 20% scot, 15% concentrated power of scot, 5% scot, 50% scot, and 100% reason to remember the scot

I see what you did there.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697

Return to “Social Game Archive”