GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

{Survivor: Hyrule} -- GAME OVER!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:20 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

{xRECKONERx, Xalxe, and kdowns present}:

Hello, heroes, and welcome to Survivor: Hyrule! The Golden Goddesses are seeking 24 brave adventurers to embark on an epic quest: to slay all foes, overcome all odds, and become the Hero of Time! We are looking for 24 capable, able, and willing heroes to take up the challenge!

If you wish to embark on this adventure, apply here.

Signups will last for 48 hours at the minimum. If we receive more than 24 applications, we will NOT be doing first come first served.

{GENERAL RULES}

{01}
This is a game. The main objective is to have fun; so no excessive flaming, spamming, or submission of anything else prohibited within the MS forums.
{02}
This is a game. The secondary objective is to win. Regardless of how amusing you think it may be, do not join merely to troll the other players.
{03}
We are not infallible, so if any of the moderating team makes a mistake, please point it out and we will correct it if needed.
{04}
We have worked extensively to produce a game that is enjoyed by all involved. As such, we promise to offer each player respect but expect to be shown the same in return.
{05}
Survivor: Hyrule is
ANONYMOUS
. All participants are strictly prohibited from so much as hinting to their own identities or implying another player's mafiascum identity. If you are talking with other scummers outside of this forum, you must not state or imply that you are playing in this game. Communication outside the private message system is also forbidden until otherwise stated. Failure to follow this rule can result in a variety of consequences ranging from a terse warning to one's elimination from the game. We reserve the right to determine the severity of possible infractions.
{06}
You are allowed to speculate on the identities of other players in your confessional. However, making game decisions based on who you believe characters to be is
highly
discouraged, and is stupid.
{07}
Exercise common sense. If you are unsure as to whether an action conflicts with the rules, ask. Yes, this is a competition, but do not attempt to undermine challenges or game mechanics for your own gain. This violates both the spirit of the game and common respect mentioned above. Assume that for all challenges, no outside sources are allowed unless otherwise stated. The mods will attempt to delineate when it is or isn't allowed, so please ask if you're confused.
{08}
Private communication with players outside of your tribe or eliminated players is strictly prohibited. Any player found in violation of this rule will be penalized.
{09}
Any and all posting about this game outside the provided forums unless SPECIFICALLY STATED is illegal.
{10}
The posting of Private Messages (whether via text (paraphrasing is fine) or via image) in a public forum is explicitly disallowed. You may, however, post them in your confessional. You are also prohibited from taking a screenshot of private messages and showing them to other players. Forwarding is allowed.
{11}
The moderators may discipline any player that breaks the rules however we see fit, depending on the specific situation. We also reserve the right to implement new rules if needed.

{GAME MECHANICS}

{01}
PM's are only to be used for communication within your tribe. All out-of-tribe contact is to be confined to challenge threads and general discussion.

Immunity Challenges:

{02}
Every round will possess an Immunity Challenge. Winners of the Immunity Challenge will be safe from elimination that round and cannot be voted out at Tribal Council.
{03}
The outcomes of all Challenges are final. That said, however, be sure to keep Rule 03 of General Rules in mind.
{04}
We appreciate the fact that prospective contestants will enter this game with a range of skills. With this in mind, understand that we as mods can't cater to all players' needs and time constraints in challenges. Several challenges will be LIVE: we will attempt to cater to any discrepancies, but if we can't, the challenge will run at the specified deadline.

Tribal Council:

{05}
The Tribal Council is where players are eliminated. Before the merge, only the losing tribe or tribes will visit TC, and will vote one player off. After the merge, all remaining players will go to TC, including immunity challenge winners.
{06}
Tribal Councils will last exactly twenty-four hours from the end of the challenge. If a player fails to submit a vote within the given time frame, they will receive a selfvote. In the event that a player knows he or she will be unable to vote by deadline, that player may notify the moderators and cast a conditional vote to avoid penalization.
{07}
The results of Tribal Council may be posted early if ALL players in the TC have cast their votes.
{08}
The modification of votes after they have been submitted is allowed. Players are able to change their votes as many times as they want until all players have voted.
{09}
Questions concerning ties in the Tribal Council may be found below:

Spoiler: Breaking Ties
{I}
In the event of an initial tie, a revote shall take place. Contestants may only vote for one of the tied players, and all tied individuals may not vote.
{II}
If a plurality is not met in the revote, the following methods (in the given order) will be implemented to determine which player is eliminated:

1. If one of the tied players has selfvoted at that Tribal Council, they will be eliminated and the Tribal Council will be over.

2. If more than one of the tied players selfvoted, then the tied player with more past selfvotes is eliminated.

3. If the above does not apply, or if there is still a tie, then the tied players will become immune from elimination. A random player at the Tribal Council without immunity will then be eliminated.

4. If it is Final Four and the tie isn't broken on the revote, then there will be a tiebreaker challenge between the two players involved in the tie.

Twists:

{10}
Twists will be implemented without warning or provocation throughout the game. The time and setting of each twist has already been determined, so as to neither give an unfair advantage or disadvantage to a player or group of players.

Zelda Flavor:

{11}
Zelda Lore is used throughout the game, but there is no overarching mechanic involving it.
{12}
While knowledge of Zelda lore isn't required, it's heavily encouraged.
Most
challenges involving Zelda lore will allow outside sources.
{13}
If you have further questions or clarifications required for the game, please let us know.
Last edited by xRECKONERx on Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:46 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

The Golden Goddesses {Din, Nayru, Farore} are reserved for the mods. Every other character is available.
Last edited by xRECKONERx on Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
green shirt thursdays
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:08 am

Post by Xalxe »

Protip: If you're applying as "Both/Either," you're probably gonna be a player. Answer the question accordingly.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:43 am

Post by Xalxe »

Happy New Year!
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:51 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

WOW!

The response for this game has been amazing! We have received
nearly forty
applications! We only have 24 spots, so we'll have to make some unfortunate cuts, but everyone who is cut will be offered a spectator position.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:30 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

3.5 hours remain!

PMs for this game will be going out to players after 2:00AM EST, 48 hours from the application deadline.

Spectators will not receive PMs for 24 hours, just in case one of the players does not confirm and we need a replacement.

Get ready, heroes!
green shirt thursdays
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:55 am

Post by Xalxe »

All player and spectator PMs have been sent out. Welcome to Hyrule!

If you still wish to be a spectator, PM one of the mods.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:24 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Episode 1: Join the Club

The players were given ample time to get to know each other, because the tribes are massive: TWELVE people per tribe! And the tribes are divided as follows:

Spoiler: Korok Tribe
Auru

Colin

Dampe

Eldin

Link

Medli

Midna

Princess Ruto

Skull Kid

Tingle

Vaati

Zelda

Spoiler: Kokiri Tribe
Agitha

Anju

Barinade

Bow-Wow

Epona

Happy Mask Salesman

Kafei

Mido

Navi

Shiek

Tetra

Volvagia

For their first challenge, The Bomber's Code, the tribes were asked to figure out a five digit code by asking the moderators yes or no questions about the code. The trick was, one mod was lying, one was telling the truth, and one was alternating between the two. The Kokiri Tribe managed to solve the puzzle in a lightning fast 16 questions, while the Korok Tribe unfortunately interpreted one lie as a truth and were sent on the wrong path. At the first Tribal Council, Korok voted off Tingle.

24th place: Tingle
green shirt thursdays
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:01 am

Post by Xalxe »

Episode 2: [Survivor Intensifies]

The second challenge was in two parts: first, the players had to answer questions about application responses to earn rupees. Once they had done so, each tribe bid on three auction lots: Tribal Immunity, and two smaller chests for each tribe. This presented a classic dilemma: Tribal Immunity, or individual reward? In the end, Korok outbid Kokiri by miles, sending them to their first Tribal Council. After the votes were read, Sheik found himself out in the cold.

23rd place: Sheik
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:21 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Episode 3: Highs and Lows

With one player gone from each tribe, they now met up again to face off in a game of chance. Answering 11 very difficult questions, the players tried to guess such things as, "How many hairs are on your head?" and "How many official Zelda games are there?". A coin was flipped for each question, systematically eliminating one player reach round. It came down to a nail biter, with one Kokiri and one Korok left, but the Koroks pulled it out. Happy Mask Salesman won individual immunity for being the last remaining Kokiri, and at their tribal council they got rid of Agitha.

22nd Place: Agitha
green shirt thursdays
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:41 am

Post by Xalxe »

Episode 4: A Rip in Time

As the sun rose on Episode 4, the players were alarmed to discover that four of their number had fallen through a tear in reality. Where had these four gone? Would they ever be seen again? Nobody knew but these four.

ImageImageImageImage

Nevertheless, the show must go on. Down two member each, the tribes met on a battlefield and raced to return significant items to their original homes. With a much faster time, Kokiri won the challenge, sending Korok to their second Tribal Council, where Medli left the game.

21st Place: Medli
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:38 am

Post by Xalxe »

Episode 5: Return of the Exile

No sooner had Medli's torch been snuffed than the four Exiled players returned with new banners. The players found themselves reorganized into four tribes of five, and most found themselves with familiar faces. How will these new tribes affect the game moving forward? Who will survive this phase of the game?

Spoiler: Fairy Tribe
Fairy Tribe

Link

Auru

Barinade

Princess Ruto

Skull Kid

Spoiler: Goron Tribe
Goron Tribe

Kafei

Anju

Bow-Wow

Navi

Volvagia

Spoiler: Zora Tribe
Zora Tribe

Vaati

Colin

Dampe

Midna

Zelda

Spoiler: Gerudo Tribe
Gerudo Tribe

Mido

Eldin

Epona

Happy Mask Salesman

Tetra
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:05 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Episode 5 cont'd

Ensconced in their new tribes, the players began to navigate Lorule and its strange properties. First on the list: finding food, in the form of apples! Two tribes, Zora and Gerudo, were successful in their hunt for fruit, while Fairy and Goron found themselves at Tribal Council, where two players fell victim to the rift.

20th Place: Kafei

19th Place: Link
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:07 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Episode 6: Continued Failure

As the players continued to search for a way out of this strange inverse dimension, they came across familiar portraits, hideously distorted by the properties of this place. Zora and Gerudo once again found themselves atop the winners' podiums, sending Fairy and Goron to their second consecutive Tribal Councils.

18th Place: Auru

17th Place: Anju
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:19 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Episode 7: Assimilation

With two tribes limping along at only three members remaining, they were absorbed into the larger tribes, creating new/full tribes of 8!
Spoiler: New Gerudo
[big]
Mido
[/big]

[big]
Eldin
[/big]

[big]
Epona
[/big]

[big]
Happy Mask Salesman
[/big]

[big]
Tetra
[/big]

[big]
Barinade
[/big]

[big]
Princess Ruto
[/big]

[big]
Skull Kid
[/big]

Spoiler: New Zora
[big]
Vaati
[/big]

[big]
Colin
[/big]

[big]
Dampe
[/big]

[big]
Midna
[/big]

[big]
Zelda
[/big]

[big]
Bow-Wow
[/big]

[big]
Navi
[/big]

[big]
Volvagia
[/big]

Their first challenge faced in these new tribes was not for tribal immunity, but for individual immunity instead. Two people on each tribe won immunity after completing a series of puzzles: crossword puzzle, a sudoku, and a cryptogram.
Colin
and
Navi
had the fastest times on their tribe, and
Dampe
's previous immunity kicked in as well, making three people immune at the Zora TC! Meanwhile,
Eldin
&
Mido
had the fastest times on Gerudo, and
Epona
's previous immunity kicked in as well!

16th place: Vaati

15th place: Princess Ruto

Episode 8: Spectators vs Survivors

First thing's first... it appears that Navi was unhappy with her new tribe, so she played her secret
Mutiny Talisman
to swap from Zora to Gerudo.

In this challenge, the spectators also competed against the tribes. The spectators filled out a quiz about their thoughts/opinions about the players remaining, while the tribes had to answer questions about who the majority of spectators thought fit each category. The spectators then took a quiz to try to guess who each other spectator chose. In the end, the spectators bombed, saving one tribe from having to go to TC.
Gerudo
was sent to Tribal Council, but unfortunately,
Happy Mask Salesman
had to be medevaced due to real life troubles.

14th place: Happy Mask Salesman

Episode 9: Avast, Ye Mateys!

Here, the tribes competed in a modified version of battleship. In the end,
Zora
was sent to Tribal Council and had to get rid of someone, and the new Zora/old Zora came together and sent the Princess of Twilight herself packing.

13th place: Midna

Episode 10: Artifacts Were Made To Be Broken

In this episode, many of the players expected a merge, and were thrown off when it was another tribal challenge. The tribes were given a list of broken URLs with clues to solve the broken URLs, and when completed, the URLs took them to an image of a Zelda game. They had to place all Zelda games, in order, to complete the challenge. Unfortunately,
Zora
got hung up on a specific clue despite blazing through the rest of the challenge, and they were sent to Tribal Council yet again, where the tenuous alliance of the old and the new stuck together yet again.

12th place: Zelda
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:20 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Episode 11: Merge

Finally, the merge happened! And, the jury began right here. Presenting the
Hylian Tribe
!
Spoiler: Hylian Tribe
[big]
Barinade
[/big]

[big]
Bow-Wow
[/big]

[big]
Colin
[/big]

[big]
Dampe
[/big]

[big]
Eldin
[/big]

[big]
Epona
[/big]

[big]
Mido
[/big]

[big]
Navi
[/big]

[big]
Skull Kid
[/big]

[big]
Tetra
[/big]

[big]
Volvagia
[/big]

Their first individual immunity challenge was the
King Game
. Each person took a round as the king, where they divided the players into two groups. Every odd-numbered round, players had the option of choosing either "red" or "blue" as their color. Once the king had chosen the two groups, anyone in the
minority
in each group gained a point, and any ties meant nobody gained a point. The player with the highest points at the end won immunity, and despite a tie between
Tetra
and
Eldin
Tetra
was the most recent King and thus won immunity!

At Tribal Council, a majority of the newly merged tribe came after
Navi
, but she busted out a hidden immunity idol and turned the tides, sending
Dampe
packing to the jury instead.

11th Place: Dampe

Episode 12: Clay Pots

The tribes here completed a quiz on the other players that the spectators had helped us ask each player to complete. There were about eight questions, and each round, the person who answered a question correctly got to break someone else's clay pot. After a very close battle, in the end, Volvagia's lack of correct questions cost him the challenge in a 1v1 against Bow-Wow, and the tribe decided to send
Colin
home.

10th Place: Colin

Episode 13: Imaginary Words

The contestants were given a list of unusual, but real, words. Each of them was assigned a single word with a real definition, then had to fake a definition for the other words. Skull Kid's mastery of unusual words gave him immunity, and a move was made to eliminate
Volvagia
from the game.

9th Place: Volvagia

Episode 14: Whodat?

A selection of confessional quotes (non-incriminating ones, of course) were selected from the pre-merge, pre-jury eliminated players. The players had to assign each quote to who they thought said the quote. Here, no player did outstandingly, but
Navi
did slightly better than everyone else and snagged immunity!

8th Place: Bow-Wow
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:22 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Episode 15: Auction Time

An auction popped up later in the game, here, where the Final 7 had a chance to bid on various items.
Tetra
went all in on individual immunity.
Skull Kid
won the one-time ability to PM an eliminated player.
Barinade
won a vote nullification.
Mido
won an advantage in the next challenge.
Skull Kid
Eldin
, and
Epona
all won mystery lots.

It would seem that the auction shook things up just enough to send Mido home at Tribal Council.

7th Place: Mido

Episode 16: This Mod Though

After Din being absent and a rules clarification caused the first challenge to sort of fall apart, the second challenge was much simpler: each round, players either chose to run for an idol, or not run for an idol. If only one person runs for an idol, they get it! If multiple people do, they are all eliminated.
Epona
and
Navi
both went for it round one, eliminating them. In the second round, only
Eldin
went for immunity, so he nabbed it, and secured his safety for another round...

6th Place: Barinade

Episode 17: Picture Perfect

In this Final 5 challenge, players simply had to assemble a jigsaw puzzle as fast as possible. Easy, right? Not quite.
Tetra
managed to dodge elimination by grabbing immunity, and a powerful double vote being played caused a tie between
Eldin
and
Epona
. Not wanting to risk a revote causing another tie and therefore sending the vote to a rock draw,
Epona
said goodbye to her friends and left for the jury.

5th Place: Epona

Episode 18: It Takes Two

In the Final 4, the battle lines had clearly been drawn: Navi/Skull Kid, versus Eldin/Tetra. The challenge saw the players listen to a song that had been cut up and placed out of order, then reassemble the song in the correct order.
Skull Kid
smoked the competition with a lightning fast time, and the vote was tied... 2 for Navi, 2 for Eldin. The revote was still tied, 1-1, and so the F4 tiebreaker challenge occurred.

Eldin & Navi faced off in a game of
Dead Man's Draw
. The game was tight, coming down to the last three cards in the deck to determine a winner, but in the end, Eldin squeaked by a perilous draw and sealed his spot in the Final 3.

4th Place: Navi
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:44 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Episode 19: Songs of Destiny

Songs of Destiny was the final challenge. The participants were given a list of 10 songs, which they had to play, note by note, following specific directions for each song. Tetra didn't last very long, only completing 20 notes. Skull Kid and Eldin both went for hours, but in the end, Eldin won immunity and chose Tetra to go to the Final 2 with him.

3rd Place: Skull Kid
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:56 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Cast Reveal

Let's start out with our spectators!