Watcher
Professor Oak
Watcher
Watcher

The Arena: Pokémon Battle 2 [POSTPONED]

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:19 am

Post by Professor Oak »

{Presented By: TheBadOne}

Greetings, trainers! I am here to announce The Arena: Pokémon Battle 2, the second game in this series.

{Format}

The Arena: Pokémon Battle will use the
ARENA
format. All players will be divided into teams. Every round all teams will go to tribal council and will vote one member of their team into the arena. These players duel for their life, with the loser(s) being eliminated. The winner of the duel gets the choice of returning to his old team or joining another team. This repeats until the game reaches a set number of players, at which the players will merge into one group. Two players will still be voted in the arena every round (please note that every player still only has one vote), and the winner of the duel goes back to the merged group. If you have any questions about this, do not hesitate to contact me.

{General Rules}

[01]
This is a game. The main objective is to have fun; so no excessive flaming, spamming, or submission of anything else prohibited within the MS forums.
[02]
This is a game. The secondary objective is to win. Regardless of how amusing you think it may be, do not join merely to troll the other players.
[03]
I am not infallible, so if I make a mistake, please point it out and I will correct it if needed.
[04]
I have worked extensively to produce a game that is enjoyed by all involved. As such, I promise to offer each player respect but expect to be shown the same in return.
[05]
Do not modify avatars. I have spent time and care to create these avatars, and I would rather not spend time making unnecessary revisions.
[06]
Exercise common sense. If you are unsure as to whether an action conflicts with the rules, ask. Yes, this is a competition, but do not attempt to undermine challenges or game mechanics for your own gain. This violates both the spirit of the game and common respect mentioned above.
[07]
Do NOT communicate privately with players not on your current team
[08]
I reserve all rights to implement new rules if needed.

{Game-Related Rules}

[01]
This game is completely
anonymous
, so that means that at no point you are allowed to give away your identity, or give any hints towards it. Communication outside private messages is forbidden. Failure to follow these rules will result in severe punishment.

{Tribal councils}

[02]
Every tribal council will have a deadline of 24 hours. If you do not submit a vote before deadline, you will receive a self-vote.
[03]
In case of a tie, a revote will take place. If the revote ends in another tie, a purple rock tiebreaker will occur, with
every
person in the team drawing rocks.
[04]
You can change your vote as much as you want, only your final vote before the deadline will count.
[05]
If you know in advance you will be gone for a couple of days without access, you can leave a prevote. I will not allow you to give your voting ability to someone else for one round or to mirror someone's vote. If the duel is still going on, you may leave a list of prevotes.

{Duels}

[06]
Every duel will have a 24-hour deadline. Duelists need to have completed the duel by deadline.
[07]
IMPORTANT:
It is strictly forbidden to message players from another team. However, the duelists are, during the 24 hours their duel lasts, allowed to message people from all teams. Once the winning duelist joins a team, he is not allowed to communicate with the other team(s) anymore.
[08]
Failure to complete the duel in time will result in immediate elimination. If both players fail to complete the duel, they will both be eliminated.
[09]
When a player has completed the duel, he/she also has to post which team he/she wants to join. Failure to do so will result in your team pick being randomized
[10]
I have spent a great amount of time on developing the duels. There will be no luck-based duels, no live duels and no duels involving judges. Every duel will involve skill. To maximize this, every duel will be
semi-live.

{Other note}

[11]
This game will follow a very strict shedule. Every deadline will be 24 hours, and every deadline will be at 2AM EST, every day (unless specifically stated otherwise). This is a fixed deadline. If I post results of tribal council at 2:10AM EST, the challenge deadline is still 2AM EST the next day. The game is sheduled to run for about one month and a half.

{Applications}

All players will play as a Pokémon from the Kanto region (full list can be found here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... dex_number)
You will not evolve during the game, so if you want a fully evolved Pokémon, you have to pick that Pokémon and will play as that Pokémon from the start of the game.

If you wish to apply for this game, please send me a message, answering the following questions:
1. What is your username?
2. (Approximately) how many large, reality show games (Survivor, Big Brother, The Mole, Endurance, The List, etc.) have you competed in before?
3. How familiar are you with Pokémon, specifically the first generation of Pokémon?
4. If accepted, what strategy would you use?
5. Please list your top 5 character picks (in order)
Character 1:
Character 2:
Character 3:
Character 4:
Character 5:

Applications will close
Thursday, February 12th at 2AM EST
. Applying does not automatically give you a spot. I will be accepting 21 players for this game. If I receive more than 21 applications, I will have to make a decision. This will not be first-come first-serve.
Log-in information will be given out
Friday, February 13th at 2AM EST
If you want to be a
spectator
for this game, send me a message with your top 5 character choices (Pokémon).

Professor S. Oak
Last edited by Professor Oak on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professor Oak
Professor Oak
Watcher
Professor Oak
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:02 pm

Post by Professor Oak »

Please note that Pokémon knowledge is not a requirement. Most duels will be Pokémon-themed, but they don't require you to be a Pokémon expert. If you have any questions, you can contact me on this board or on Skype (TheBadOneMS).
Professor Oak
Professor Oak
Watcher
Professor Oak
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:54 pm

Post by Professor Oak »

Unfortunately I did not receive the necessary amount of applications to start this game. Therefore, the game will be postponed for a couple of months. Thank you to everyone who expressed interest.

Return to “Social Game Archive”