PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Survivor: Expect the Unexpected - {BEGUN}

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 6:07 am

Post by PrivateI »

{PrivateI and Crazy present}

Julie Chen:
Houseguests, players, Survivors...I'm not certain exactly what to call you. The battle for an amount of money between half a million dollars and a million dollars is about to begin. This time, however, entirely new twists combine the games of Big Brother and Survivor to create an entirely new competition! You are not going to want to miss this game, which will test your social and strategic game like never before. And remember, Survivors, Big Brother is ALWAYS watching.

Auditions/Applications
In order to make our job just a little bit easier, we would ask that you fill out the application form here.

If you would like to browse
Survivor: Expect the Unexpected's
character options, then go here, here, or here. If you do not know the flavor of either show extensively, feel free to simply provide vague descriptions referring to the contestant's age, gender, personality, or whichever other factors you wish, and we will do our best to find a suitable contestant for you.

Please note that time is limited. Sign-ups will close in less than 48 hours, at noon EDT, which will occur in (expired on 2015-05-08 11:00:00).

Spoiler: General Rules
{General Rules}

{1}
This is a game. While some amount of drama is expected, do not attack anybody on a personal level. Likewise, do not use language that would be perceived as racist, sexist, homophobic, or otherwise discriminatory.
{2}
This is a game. Play with an intent to win.
{3}
This game is anonymous. Do not reveal or imply your MS identity to the other players. However, you ARE allowed to reveal your identity in your confessional.
{4}
Do not talk about this game outside of this forum and the mod-provided Chatzies that will be used for specific challenges.
{5}
Do not PM anybody not in your tribe, unless we specifically tell you that you can.
{6}
Do not take screenshots of PMs, mod posts, or anything else to attempt to prove or disprove anything. Quoting PMs is okay.
{7}
Due to the extensive amount of difficulty involved in faking the forwarding of pms, forwarding pms is not allowed under any circumstances.
{8}
Once you are eliminated, do not attempt to contact the other players or impact the game in any way.
{9}
Do not change your avatar or your birthday on your account.
{10}
Please treat the modding team with respect. We will do the same for you.
{11}
Exercise common sense. Do not attempt to find loopholes within these rules. If you are unsure whether an action is allowed, then please ask one of us.
{12}
We reserve the right to implement new rules if needed.
{13}
Any player breaking these rules will be punished as we see fit, depending on the severity of the action.

Spoiler: Game Related Mechanics
{Game-Related Mechanics}

{1}
This game is a hybrid of a Survivor and Big Brother format. You will be divided into tribes and compete in immunity challenges, but each elimination will be done with Big Brother style voting.
{2}
Expect the unexpected! The exact format of this game will change at certain points. When that happens, we will update these rules.

{Immunity Challenges}

{1}
Every round, each tribe will compete in an immunity challenge. The tribe that wins the challenge will be safe from elimination. The losing tribe must evict somebody from the game.
{2}
If one tribe has more tribe members than another, then they must choose to "sit out" one or more of their members. Sit outs must generally be determined before the challenge begins, and they will not be allowed to participate in the challenge in any way. If a tribe cannot form a general consensus on who to sit out, then we will choose randomly.
{3}
If we have made a mistake in judging a challenge, then please alert us and we will do our best to correct it. Otherwise, the results are final.

{Evictions}

{1}
Each tribe will have their own Head of Household. The initial HoH for each tribe will be determined by a challenge. The only other HoH challenge in the game will occur at the Final 3.
{2}
The HoH on the winning tribe will remain HoH for another round.
{3}
The HoH on the losing tribe will then have up to {24 hours} to nominate two of their fellow tribemates for eviction. The HoH will not have to take the full 24 hours if they do not want to.
{4}
After the nominations are revealed, every other tribe member must vote to evict one of the two nominees. The nominees will not vote. The HoH will vote, but the HoH's vote will only be counted and revealed in the case of a tie. The nominee with the most votes will be evicted.
{5}
After the eviction, the HoH will be dethroned. Meanwhile, the surviving nominee will become a new HoH AND he or she will swap places with the HoH from the other tribe. That is, the surviving nominee will be HoH on the other tribe, and the HoH from the other tribe will now be HoH on your tribe.
{6}
If you fail to vote in an eviction, OR if you are HoH and you fail to give your nominations in time, then you will receive a strike. If you receive a strike in three separate evictions, or in two consecutive evictions, then you will be modkilled.

{Inactivity}

{1}
If you do not vote in an eviction, then you will receive a strike. If you receive three strikes overall, or two strikes from two consecutive evictions, then you will be eliminated.
{2}
If you are HoH and you fail to select your nominees by the deadline, you will receive a strike. You will then have an additional 24 hours to select your nominees. If you miss the second deadline, you will be eliminated. An impromptu challenge will then determine the new HoH.
{3}
If it appears that a player nominated for eviction has disappeared from the game, and we cannot reach them, then we will eliminate them automatically, and the other nominee will become HoH.
{4}
If you know you will be gone for a period of time, you may submit a conditional list, ranking all of the other players from the player you most want to eliminate to the player you least want to eliminate. This list will only be used if necessary, and it will save you from receiving any strikes.
Last edited by PrivateI on Sat May 23, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 7:31 pm

Post by PrivateI »

One minor note, the game will be starting on Friday, May 8, in the evening time EDT.

It is NOT necessary to be able to be online at the time the game begins, though it does not disadvantage you to be there either.

In addition, spectators, please fill out an application as well, just so we know to send you your sign-in info when the game begins. Big Brother is always watching, and he's willing to let you watch too!

And remember, just a little less than 12 hours to sign up if you wish to play!
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 4:45 am

Post by PrivateI »

Time is just about finished for your player appliations, but you still have a few more minutes.

We will continue accepting applications for new spectators up to and through game start.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:26 am

Post by Crazy »

The game has concluded! With a vote of 6-3, R.C. has defeated Kat in the final 2 and has been crowned the winner!

Cao Boi (DeathNote)
- 22nd place

Arlie (animorpherv1)
- 21st place

Jonny Fairplay (Cheery Dog)
- 20th place

Jenn (Cybele)
- 19th place

Rachel (Princess Toady)
- 18th place

Hayden (T-Bone)
- 17th place

Jay (Axxle)
- 16th place

Spencer (Narninian)
- 15th place

Derrick (Aeronaut)
- 14th place

Zingbot (Klick)
- 13th place

Nicole (Mist7676)
- 12th place

Keith (D3f3nd3r)
- 11th place

Sindy (CuddlyCaucasian)
- 10th place

Jordan (TheBreeze)
- 9th place

J'Tia (ForWhomTheJellyRolls)
- 8th place

Elissa (Drench)
- 7th place

Joe (Aronis)
- 6th place

Jenna (elusive)
- 5th place

Zach (Blackberry)
- 4th place

Jessie (Save The Dragons)
- 3rd place

Kat (Brian Skies)
- Runner-Up

R.C. (BipolarChemist)
- Winner
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:32 am

Post by Crazy »

Spoiler: Voting Chart
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:47 am

Post by Drench »

that certainly happened
join your union
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:11 pm

Post by JDGA »

In post 3, Crazy wrote:Image
Arlie (animorpherv1)
- 21st place

This makes me feel an innate sadness.
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:13 pm

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

Spencer (Narninian)
- 15th place

Derrick (Aeronaut)
- 14th place

is this because derrick cheated less obviously
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:21 pm

Post by kdowns »

In post 7, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:
Spencer (Narninian)
- 15th place

Derrick (Aeronaut)
- 14th place

is this because derrick cheated less obviously

Context?
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:46 pm

Post by Crazy »

There was a trivia-esque challenge for the Veto challenge at the Final 15. Spencer won the challenge, but a couple players were suspicious of some of the answers. Monty and I (especially Monty) investigated a lot and found out that it was basically impossible for both of them to get the answers they gave by sheer guessing, and not by using outside sources. We asked Spencer and Derrick if they used outside sources, in case it was a mistake in reading the rules. Spencer denied it at first, or at least withheld information to some extent, while Derrick didn't respond to Monty's post, although we saw him online reading his confessional at least once during that time period.

It was definitely a tough call. I think it's likely that in both of their cases, it was just an honest mistake, and that if they confessed to it, we wouldn't have modkilled them; we would have just reversed the challenge results and let the game continue. (They both were honest with us after their elimination.) Derrick's case was an especially difficult call, but we didn't think it would be fair to punish Spencer but not Derrick, and the current eviction did have to be cancelled. Zingbot would have been evicted, although he was only on the block because Spencer illegitimately won the Veto challenge.

Coming from someone who's had his own rules violations in the past, I don't hold anything against either of them. I feel like we made the call that we had to made, but I'd still have no issues with casting them in another game.

Spencer can be considered to be 15th place because he would have most likely been evicted that round if not for his Veto win, while Derrick was safe.
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:02 pm

The only real thing that bothers me about it is that everyone was referring to RC's best move as her getting Zingbot voted out, even though that didn't actually happen and shouldn't have even happened because of the cheating (whether it was intentional or not). I just wish the decision to modkill those two would have been made sooner, because instead, a very important vote happened that we basically knew the results of, but the vote never should have happened in the first place.
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:26 pm

Post by Narninian »

After reading confessionals my fate was probably sealed anyway.
I honestly didn't see the part about 'no outside sources'; After I was evicted I didn't immediately own up to it though because with the guesses I would have made I think I would have won (but I should have immediately pointed it out once they asked).

After playing another trivia game recently where the winners had clearly used a search engine and won against me on subjects I knew well I suppose I had expectations going in and missed the rule.

I'm probably not cut out for these anyway. Chatting as much as I did was a stretch and I was still pegged for early elimination, I'm not sure I can stretch any further of the non-game talk.
The extra in is for /in
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:52 pm

Post by Crazy »

CuddlyCaucasian wrote:The only real thing that bothers me about it is that everyone was referring to RC's best move as her getting Zingbot voted out, even though that didn't actually happen and shouldn't have even happened because of the cheating (whether it was intentional or not). I just wish the decision to modkill those two would have been made sooner, because instead, a very important vote happened that we basically knew the results of, but the vote never should have happened in the first place.

Yeah, that was unfortunate, although at the time there wasn't a way around it. We wanted Spencer and Derrick to confess without knowing about any risk of modkill, and we wanted to give Derrick at least 24 hours to reply to us. Also, it wasn't readily apparent to me that outside sources were used. I was pretty naive about the whole deal; Monty did an exceptional amount of sleuthing work and was able to trace basically every answer that was Googleable to a Google result. We also took the time to contact a couple independent sources before we made a huge decision. Ideally, the whole situation would have been resolved immediately, and Jessie's replacement nominee of Zingbot would have never been revealed. It was unfortunate that the situation affected the game at all. Even though Zingbot left the next round, anyway, having that vote at F15 really drew the line in the sand and stuck the Casaya members on the wrong side of it.

That was really when the game started going downhill for me. After modding Season Finale, I never wanted another game that would be seen as "predictable," although fortunately, I feel like this game was at least slightly more interesting. The game actually began in a huge way, especially on Casaya and Timbira - look at who the first two boots are! I think some of that was the format, which worked wonderfully in the pre-merge, while a lot of it was just due to a strong and active group of players. There really were no obvious choices to eliminate, which forced everyone to start playing.

After the fake merge, though, for some reason or another, there was really nobody that was willing or trying to work with Nicole, Keith, Sindy, or Elissa. I can't explain how that happened, although being divided into tribes right after an important vote probably didn't help matters. Eventually, the trio of RC, Kat, and Jessie were just dominating. I give credit to Joe and J'Tia for noticing the power structure and trying to go against their majority, although it unfortunately wasn't quite enough. That said, I can't blame anything on any of the players; I can only ask that everyone tries to play in their own best interest, and for the most part, I believe everybody did that. I believe RC, Kat, and Jessie played very well, and any one of them could have taken the title in the end. (I was rooting for Kat, although I believe that whoever ends up winning automatically earns their victory.)

So thanks, everyone! You were an extremely delightful group of players, with what felt like a record low amount of complaints against us, despite us not being perfect, and the game not being perfect. I certainly had fun modding this the whole way through. :) Monty was an amazing co-mod; he wrote every single challenge post except maybe one or two. He helped immensely with everything, and we never had an argument about anything, which I can't say regarding my previous modding adventures. I certainly couldn't have done this without him!
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:00 pm

Post by Crazy »

Narninian, you were one of my favorites to watch. I also found it very difficult to keep up with non-game related talk. But it seemed like you improved a lot from your game as Heisenburg, although you being HoH right away may have forced people to actually work with you instead of writing you off.

Perhaps games with more complex mechanics are actually more newbie-friendly. A fairly standard game like NAH has 5/6 newbies leave right at the beginning, but here, the real strategy started sooner, and so we have a bunch of good social players getting knocked off right from the start.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:29 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 12, Crazy wrote:After the fake merge, though, for some reason or another, there was really nobody that was willing or trying to work with Nicole, Keith, Sindy, or Elissa.

While some of us never got anything going with them, I don't think this is fair to say for some of us since some of us were open to it. I mainly went to The Bomb Squad to see if I could salvage the situation and prevent a Pagonging, STD seemed to be open to using whatever connections he had but liked RC and myself the more than them, and I think Blackberry and Aronis were actually the closest to making something happen with Elissa (and in Blackberry's case, considered saving Keith). Nicole was dead in the water, but I don't think the others were completely out of it and I probably should have just done something random even if it went against what I was trying to do at the time.

After reading through Zach's confessional, I think he would have given any of us a run for our money and I wouldn't have minded him winning depending on his FTC performance. I always knew he was dangerous and a threat and I probably should have been more wary of him than I was later in the game.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:52 pm

Post by T-Bone »

I think that's my swan song for these games. I might try a non-anon game (if one of those happens again) as a change of pace, but I think I'm done playing. I can't say it was fun to play but it was fun to watch! Congrats RC you're about the only player I wanted to win so it worked out great!
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:59 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 13, Crazy wrote:Perhaps games with more complex mechanics are actually more newbie-friendly. A fairly standard game like NAH has 5/6 newbies leave right at the beginning, but here, the real strategy started sooner, and so we have a bunch of good social players getting knocked off right from the start.

I think the beginning of the game was set up perfectly as far as making the game interesting and more difficult for more experienced players. The constant tribe swaps practically demanded shifts in power and the players couldn't just rely on being with the same players for most of the game. The ever shrinking tribes also made people consider eliminating their threats to increase their odds of surviving after the eviction ceremony.

While I liked the fake merge, I think it allowed too many of us to socialize and band together and form a pagonging, and I think that's what hurt the game the most. There weren't any real opportunities to break up a major alliance after that point aside from the Double PoV. But RC, Jessie, and I were so tight and we had so much information as far as the game was concerned, we knew we could just ignore it since it expired right before we would end up with fewer pawns or targets than we needed for our plan to follow through. I think the best way to prevent major alliances is to create as much uncertainty as possible. I think multiple one or two round twists would have provided more opportunities for players on the outside of a major alliance to break things up, and one of the things I did mention was a Double Elimination in my confessional (I don't know if there are any other worthwhile twists from the Big Brother universe). I can understand that the unexpected med evacs watered down the setup a bit, but having some more twists to keep a major alliance on their toes would probably have kept things more interesting and kept the players from getting complacent. I also think there should have been at least one or two points in the game where the HoH should have been won through a challenge. I know this rewards challenge performance, but we were seriously just playing hot potato with the HoH and that was a huge problem for some of the others.

It was still a fun game and I enjoyed the playerlist a lot. Thanks for modding the game Crazy and Monty.
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:10 pm

In post 16, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 13, Crazy wrote:Perhaps games with more complex mechanics are actually more newbie-friendly. A fairly standard game like NAH has 5/6 newbies leave right at the beginning, but here, the real strategy started sooner, and so we have a bunch of good social players getting knocked off right from the start.

I think the beginning of the game was set up perfectly as far as making the game interesting and more difficult for more experienced players. The constant tribe swaps practically demanded shifts in power and the players couldn't just rely on being with the same players for most of the game. The ever shrinking tribes also made people consider eliminating their threats to increase their odds of surviving after the eviction ceremony.

While I liked the fake merge, I think it allowed too many of us to socialize and band together and form a pagonging, and I think that's what hurt the game the most. There weren't any real opportunities to break up a major alliance after that point aside from the Double PoV. But RC, Jessie, and I were so tight and we had so much information as far as the game was concerned, we knew we could just ignore it since it expired right before we would end up with fewer pawns or targets than we needed for our plan to follow through. I think the best way to prevent major alliances is to create as much uncertainty as possible. I think multiple one or two round twists would have provided more opportunities for players on the outside of a major alliance to break things up, and one of the things I did mention was a Double Elimination in my confessional (I don't know if there are any other worthwhile twists from the Big Brother universe). I can understand that the unexpected med evacs watered down the setup a bit, but having some more twists to keep a major alliance on their toes would probably have kept things more interesting and kept the players from getting complacent. I also think there should have been at least one or two points in the game where the HoH should have been won through a challenge. I know this rewards challenge performance, but we were seriously just playing hot potato with the HoH and that was a huge problem for some of the others.

It was still a fun game and I enjoyed the playerlist a lot. Thanks for modding the game Crazy and Monty.

This post sums it up pretty accurately, really! Jessie, Kat, and RC did a great job bonding with each other, and while the twist did make the pre-merge interesting, the mechanic made it a lot easier and more boring of a game post-merge. To the point where this really had no business being called Survivor after the merge, hahaha.

But I think even if the design left a bit to be desired, the mods both did a great job running things! As pessimistic and snarky as I've been, I at least have some good memories from this game, and no hard feelings towards anyone.

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:46 pm

Post by Crazy »

I will agree that post-merge, the game wasn't Survivor at all. The game overall was a lot more "Big Brother" than Survivor, so I suppose we may have put Survivor in the title for a little bit of marketing potential.

I do disagree that the mechanic would naturally lead to a disappointing post-merge, though. While it is true that Jessie, RC, and Kat were able to just toss the HoH back and forth, they were able to do that because they held a majority with the other players the entire time. They kept the majority, so they stayed in power. That's true of absolutely any game. One of the power players was always in danger, so all it took was for enough of the other players to step up and make a move.

In terms of twists to "shake up" the game, I think the format with the Power of Veto still had a bunch of potential. Joe was saving Elissa at F7, and Zach was using the Double PoV that round. Both Zach AND Jenna were saving Joe at F6. Things could have happened, but what happened is that the "wrong" people kept winning the Veto challenges.

At a certain point, I don't know what to do. I don't want to have twists that screw with the dignity of the game. I want players to be eliminated because of other players, not because of any twists. I want everyone to be able to have a general feel of what the game is, and what they can expect, despite this game being titled "Expect the Unexpected." We could have had a round where the HoH nominates 3 people and 2 of them are eliminated... but, why? Having a twist for the sake of a twist doesn't really help anything, does it? I feel like a good twist should inspire and encourage the players to make moves, but I don't believe it's the mods' job to trick the players into making something happen.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:51 pm

Post by Crazy »

I will admit that the 15-player merge was a mistake, though. It's a shame; before now, I rather liked that twist, and it was used in Sky Pillar, Mass Effect, and the original Arkham without any huge issues that I saw.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:00 pm

Post by Crazy »

I feel like the Survivor format and the Big Brother format each have their own weaknesses, which were represented by the original tribe names - Pagong and Exterminators. On Survivor, a majority alliance very often just sticks together and wipes out the opposing alliance/tribe. On Big Brother, I feel like the format is too unpredictable to encourage bold gameplay. Big players are voted out when the other side wins HoH, and the players that succeed are often the UTR types that are looked over for most of the game.

This game was ideallized in my head as some sort of balance. The majority CAN keep control, but it's harder to do so. It's harder to keep a majority when the HoH and one of the nominees can't vote, and a Power of Veto challenge has more potential for screwing up plans than a regular immunity challenge.
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:03 pm

I think the main problem is that here, unlike normal Big Brother, it's nearly impossible for a player in the minority to become HOH. Even if they get saved by the Power of Veto like you said, that just takes them off of the block, and still doesn't give them any power the next round.

Strangely enough, in my eyes the format combines the worst parts of forum Big Brother and Survivor games. Although both games are made more difficult in person because everyone can see who you're talking to, this is especially true in Big Brother, where having a solid 2 or 3 person alliance gives a lot more power to run the game from behind the scenes. It's the smartest way to coast by on the show, and here it's easier because no one can see you always talking to your small alliance. As far as Survivor goes, the perception of earlier tribal bonds brought out the worst part of Survivor, where people cling to the people they already know for the most part.

It's basically as if this game is a Game of Thrones/Star Wars crossover where the lead characters are Olly and Jar Jar Binks

EDIT: ninja'd

CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:07 pm

While I agree with what you said about Big Brother, the alliances are still much more fluid there because there are no existing relationships going into the game. Here, once the game became basically Big Brother, everyone already had alliances set in stone, taking away the unpredictable nature of BB itself.

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:17 pm

Post by Crazy »

I guess the question is... if the post-merge was just regular Survivor, would the same thing have happened? I think it probably would have been pretty much the same, although I guess that's why there's idols and other items.
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:40 pm

With Survivor, everyone is in danger each round instead of just the two nominees, so there's much more incentive for people to make moves. If you're not nominated, you know you're safe that round and don't need to talk to anyone if you don't want to. I'm not sure whether that would have actually played a part in this game though.

Return to “Social Game Archive”