Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:43 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 18, Crazy wrote:I don't want to have twists that screw with the dignity of the game. I want players to be eliminated because of other players, not because of any twists.

This is a fair point and it's hard to design a well balanced twist that isn't overpowered or just there to mess with the players. I think a player should win because they played the best game, not because they got lucky with whatever twist they were able to take advantage of as the game went along.

I think the fake merge was fine, especially since you were planning on bringing us into a two tribe phase. But I think the tribes should have been randomized rather than letting the players have any control. Most of the players from the majority alliance just ran towards one tribe and RC shoved everyone else over to The Bomb Squad. She should have been punished for this, especially since she was the figurehead for the pagonging, but since RC was HoH, there were very few opportunities to do so and, with the exception of having to nominate Jordan as an elimination herself, she came out of that phase pretty much unscathed.

As far as the Double PoV was concerned, there was never a point where it's use would actually affect the power alliance. Jessie, RC, and I were well aware that if it were ever used, we can just swap in whichever of the pawns wasn't vetoed and whichever one of our targets was still remaining in the game, and it's why, for the most part, we weren't making a big deal about it's existence. Mostly, it was up to the other players to decide that the majority alliance shouldn't be a thing and make the big moves themselves, but either most of them weren't aware of it, or tried to take action when it was already too late.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:46 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 24, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:If you're not nominated, you know you're safe that round and don't need to talk to anyone if you don't want to.

Whoops. I read this wrong.

I may have abused this. :P
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:00 pm

Post by PrivateI »

In post 10, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:The only real thing that bothers me about it is that everyone was referring to RC's best move as her getting Zingbot voted out, even though that didn't actually happen and shouldn't have even happened because of the cheating (whether it was intentional or not). I just wish the decision to modkill those two would have been made sooner, because instead, a very important vote happened that we basically knew the results of, but the vote never should have happened in the first place.

Yeah, that was largely my fault. I had seen Spencer and Derrick's answers before I left for work that day, but only like six people had submitted at that point, and I was thinking "hmmm", but I didn't leave a message for Crazy at that time, so the challenge proceeded and the results were revealed.

I also agree that the result did have an impact on the game, though I do think that impact can easily be overstated.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:04 pm

Post by DeathNote »

GG WP yada yada

Gratz to BPC
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:42 am

Post by Narninian »

This was a lot of fun, despite my hasty reading, and then horrible attempt to recover.
I think the twists were fun, and the fact that it allowed somebody like me (the different approach to messaging, not the reason I was booted) to last beyond the first couple boots was cool too.
The extra in is for /in

Return to “Social Game Archive”