hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:21 pm

Post by hiplop »

I thought my freaking out on karamel would prove to you that i was going for her, sabi :(

I didn't think other things would get in the way there. I tried showing I'd keep you by freaking on karamel (who I knew was a pal of mine, and would forgive me after...hope I'm right?), but I guess it didnt worked
third best scummer of all time
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:23 pm

Post by xofelf »

I tried my best to win! Just win in my way. But that's okay. I'm happy with things as they are, and I've enjoyed playing with so many of you <3
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:23 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

That makes one of us.

Re: Karm's self-elimination. I don't think I've ever felt more guilty about doing something.
But I'm a newbie myself, you know. I'm not familiar with implicit rules like 'don't get someone to vote themselves'.
And in that situation I'd do it over again. Survivor seems like a game where doing crazy things gets rewarded.
Last edited by Shadoweh on Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Gale Wing Srock
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:41 pm

Post by Gale Wing Srock »

In post 76, xofelf wrote:I tried my best to win! Just win in my way. But that's okay. I'm happy with things as they are, and I've enjoyed playing with so many of you <3

<3 Xofelf
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:35 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

it is really pissing me off how hard Wasabi is pushing to taint the jury in OC's favor though. like, I made the rule for a reason, now she's circumventing that rule. it's even doubly troubling because Wasabi is working extra hard to get OC the win because
Wasabi figured out that OC is her girlfriend

Such slander. If it wasn't clear, I didn't want xof to win, I wanted HunCal to lose for the things he did to me, not her.
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:29 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

Wow, wee! That was a GREAT game! Congrats to Flameaxe and I LOVE THIS SURVIVOR! SCUMMIES FAST!
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Yes. Making too many hoods is moderator suicide. -Enter
I want to shoot this post in the face with a flamethrower. - zakk
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:30 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

I enjoyed a lot and I'll join the next Survivor!
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Yes. Making too many hoods is moderator suicide. -Enter
I want to shoot this post in the face with a flamethrower. - zakk
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:25 am

Post by Klick »

Oops, didn't mean to post this, but... egopost?

Congrats Flameaxe. :)
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:00 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 73, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:
In post 40, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 34, Drench wrote:privatei on a fucking roll
how are you alive after 3 games in a row

bitch try placing 4th then 1st in two games back to back and immediately modding a game afterwards

get @ me

bitch try modding 4 20+ player games since March

oh im sorry ive been a member of this community for literally less than a year

get at me
green shirt thursdays
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:12 am

Post by Klick »

bitch try placing 4th then 1st in two games back to back and immediately modding a game afterwards

get @ me

bitch try playing/modding seventeen in a row
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:27 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

First off, I think Drench was pretty apt when he said "well tonight we've met our quota of spec toxicity" or whatever. It was a saucy spec forum in Hyrule, and then again here. The drama backstage was ridiculous and overblown and I hate that it happened, but then again, I tend to be able to separate, "Oh shit, let's go IN on some silly forum drama!" from "Oh no, this is completely serious and matters on a personal level" in a way that is healthier for these games. I want to apologize to OGML for his first Survivor modding experience being so toxic near the end, because he is the total brainchild behind those crazy swaps and beautifully efficient game design, and I was basically just here to fill in the dots and make sure it happened. I will say I felt much less crazy and stressed and on the verge of tears this time than I did in Hyrule, which is nice! Maybe Star Wars will be stress-free (lolololol).

I'm incredibly happy the game finished in 39 days, as that was our MAIN goal from the start of the design process. We also tried to say yes to every newbie who applied, and we were BASICALLY able to do exactly that. We had hoped that this game would be a bit of a relief from the meta. With it over with in such a short timeframe (has there ever been a shorter game?) we thought the "time commitment" would be a bit easier to manage, rather than the 2-3 month behemoth that some games become (which is fine, just not what we wanted). I'd like to think it was a half-success on that front... some of the early boots were still "so-and-so didn't PM like a crazy person!" and resulted in activity based boots, however, some people who were more lax with the PMing and not a frantic PMer made it pretty damn far. And we certainly achieved the 39 days goal.

Making images was a JOY. I think, the next time I mod... I'll need some people to help shoulder the daily commitments, though. I got kinda shafted with Hyrule when Xalxe/kdowns sorta ghosted on me, and here I
volunteered
to be the day to day person because it was only 39 days, but there were still way too many times when I had to push off social life or work life in order to run the game, and I need to make sure I get a bit more of a break in the future. I think the only day I had "off" was when it was my one-year wedding anniversary 2 weeks ago! I'm looking forward to making Star Wars happen with a good team of mods in charge.

Anyway, onto the actual game. I am SO PROUD of the newbies in this game. You guys rocked it. About half of the jury was newbies! And that FTC performance from BBM was one of the best I've seen... you absolutely just killed it and congratulations on your win. It was a true BBM win: bitch at people and be an asshole part of the game, win anyway, somehow. I hope the newbies in this game will come back to play later, because everyone in this game was a joy to watch. Shadoweh was fucking DOMINANT, like holy shit. And xof finally toppled Snakes as the "best" Survivor player on MS <3

I have more to say but this is all I can muster for now.
green shirt thursdays
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:27 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Looking through the confessionals, it appears that I was never nearly as well-liked as I thought I was. In Arkham City I was terrible at talking about non-game things in PMs; apparently I overcompensated in the other direction.

For those of you who saw both, do you have any advice? Also, for those of you who guessed my ID, what gave it away?

I'd particularly love to hear from Shadoweh since we had very different relationships in both games.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:42 am

Post by xofelf »

Honestly dude? Had you kept up the same amount of discussion with me that we had day 1, I don't think I would have started feeling so wary of you. I think you decided to be less fluff or something between the last PM you sent me that first day and the first PM you sent me the next. The guy I bonded over the horror that is fondant was fucking great. Strategy machine serious dude, not nearly so much.

Also, aww Reck <3. Toppling everyone is kinda great. It also means I beat my previous highest ELO which is even better!
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:44 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

sorry to guests who couldnt view it! there were two separate guest settings that had to change
green shirt thursdays
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:14 am

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

In post 83, xRECKONERx wrote:

get @ me

get at me

"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:16 am

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

But in all seriousness, congratulations to Flameaxe for a well-deserved win, and to Reck and OGML for running a great game! Also love for everyone else in the game, specifically my Bachelorette Bellaphant <3
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:33 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Halp. I opened my confessional and hun's fake one and now I can't tell them apart ;)
*hugs* cc, we should chat!

Thank you to the awesome mods, sorry for any hassle I also causes at f4. Im honestly amazed at how well you generally did.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:51 am

Post by xofelf »

KAAAAARM <3
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:13 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 86, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Also, for those of you who guessed my ID, what gave it away?

I guessed it based on Reck's clue.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:19 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 86, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Looking through the confessionals, it appears that I was never nearly as well-liked as I thought I was. In Arkham City I was terrible at talking about non-game things in PMs; apparently I overcompensated in the other direction.
For those of you who saw both, do you have any advice? Also, for those of you who guessed my ID, what gave it away?
I'd particularly love to hear from Shadoweh since we had very different relationships in both games.

Let me preface this by saying: I think Poison Ivy was a very good game and if returnees had been different I could have gone far, but I still played like a dipshit trying to Mean Girls my way into being the social threat's pets and point and laugh at the outcasts with them. The Shadoweh of today would say I should have allied with you/Krypto/Rex to hold a tribal revolution.

That said, think about how you treated Mint and got close to Orange Creamsicle, the social threat #1, and realize you made those kinds of mistakes! Being close to a social threat doesn't mean much when they don't need you but you'll die if they wave at you. You had some decent alliances with Banana and Pecan and I think you should have stuck with those instead of going all-in on the pagong. You also should have insisted we target Hun imo as a social threat that wasn't going anywhere with you.
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:20 pm

Post by Drench »

In post 89, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:
In post 83, xRECKONERx wrote:

get @ me

get at me

HOW LONG HAVE U HAD THESE RECEIPTS im screaming
join your union
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:21 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Seeing mushroom kingdom stuff has me like

Started from the bottom now I'm here
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:27 pm

Post by Drench »

iirc reck definitely played tda as well, i vaguely remember chatting w/ him on aim about it
join your union
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:39 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

I feel like this game went better than most of my games. Any opinions on that statement/my play?

Also, shameless plug for Battle of the Bands, which will be the next game to run! A ways away (we start in December-ish), but who cares, like I said all this is is a shameless plug for the game.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:42 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

In post 94, Shadoweh wrote:
That said, think about how you treated Mint and got close to Orange Creamsicle, the social threat #1, and realize you made those kinds of mistakes!

Well, for the second half of the game the way I treated Mint was all an act; when we met up in Sugar Cones we had a good conversation where we cleared the air about how everything went down in the Blue Bells and then decided to be Secret Buddies.

But yeah, I agree with the rest of that.

Return to “Social Game Archive”