ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:54 am

Post by ForWhomTheJellyRolls »

I think it helped me to share my role. It's always risky but I never thought for a moment that ika would guess me so I felt safe with that. If anything I think me using my ability to warn ika of his impending poison dinner revealed my role just as well. ika and Eagle survived quite well for people who had multiple people knowing their roles.
"A hidden truth supports everything. Find it, and win." - Ramayana
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Do you have the need for Mafia de Cuba?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:06 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

I also feel like Eagle got guess immunity every single round which helped him
Felissan
Felissan
Goon
Felissan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:30 am

Post by Felissan »

In any game with only one winner and with so many ways to get someone dead, the winner in an alliance is the first one to betray his "ally". ika didn't even have to guess you himself, he could have relayed your role to someone else against some favor.
"Dammit Felissan, making someone lose the game is NOT NICE"
- DeathRowKitty 2016
"Also, the me in your signature just made the me in this thread lose the game and I'm not sure how to feel about this."
- DeathRowKitty 2018
"You've made me make myself lose the game so many times that I feel like it's an entirely new game I'm losing"
- DeathRowKitty 2022
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:35 am

I found out you (jelly) were the peasant the round ika was poisoned, so once again guess immunity is pretty good if your strategy includes sharing your role.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:38 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

I refused to share my role, telling people made me not dance with me.
I did almost decide to use my force vote on ika just before he shot me though, obviously not hard enough
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:39 am

Post by ForWhomTheJellyRolls »

In post 402, Felissan wrote:In any game with only one winner and with so many ways to get someone dead, the winner in an alliance is the first one to betray his "ally". ika didn't even have to guess you himself, he could have relayed your role to someone else against some favor.

He did and I outlived him.
"A hidden truth supports everything. Find it, and win." - Ramayana
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Do you have the need for Mafia de Cuba?
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:59 pm

Post by Extrapolated Eagle »

Ok first of all I want you all to know that I was scared and stressed to high heaven the last two game phases. Fenrir should not have lived as long as he did if me and xof hadn't screwed up so badly. Xof wanted to be guessed out or leave the game and because of this she should have guessed fenrir as the only thing that could have survived the poison: the soldier. Then it would have been me, jelly and xof. I had more denies than jelly and since guessing each other's roles correctly at stake of life just makes the game keep going and xof wanted out, I had the game in the bag if I hadn't screwed that up. We realized our mistake the moment fen survived the poison.

I want to say that regardless of everyone's opinions on sharing roles, I think that, with the exception of what I just mentioned in the paragraph before, my play was optimal as the professor. Even down to revealing my role. I had enough allies that I could always afford guess immunity as well as get the extra guess. If Ika had not gotten paranoid I don't think I would have spent the last day stressing myself out about whether fen and jelly would accept or deny or who they challenged.

That said, I loved playing with all of you. I played differently than my status quo (which is a lot more deceptive and aggressive) and played a purely truthful game (except with a few things I may have said to fen at the end, sorry std). I also think that shadow was my favorite ally and the only person I think I actually trusted wholeheartedly throughout the game. We discussed on multiple occasions how we would get rid of xof and ika but someone else beat us to it. :(

I have to say shadow I never lied to you, and I the only reason it hurts that you lied to me is that you weren't there with me at the end of the game. If you had told the truth my gambit wouldn't have killed you. Although, I guess that's partially my fault as well. You're the MVP in my books. I really wish it had been us in the final two, but I messed up. I'm sorry.

Ika, shadow and I honestly picked you as the third part of the party by poe and while I grew to trust you more, since you started with the role sharing tactic I was thinking about good ways to get rid of you. Xof actually kept you alive, because I was totally thinking about voting you off earlier when everyone was voting for you but she said you trusted me and so I didn't go through with it. I have to say with the exception of your outburst, you were a pretty good ally and a great friend. I never lied to you though, despite my feelings, nor did I betray you. I loved playing with you and I'm glad we had you in our alliance, I think you were a vital part in many ways. Thank you.

Xofelf. Oh the irony. You kept ika alive and because of that you were killed by his outbreak. Funny how these things turn out, isnt it? I think I would have trusted you more if we'd talked more about the game and hadn't kept getting distracted by various other occurrences. I dint think we really talked much at all other than when you made me give you my role, when I spoke to you about ika, and after ika blew up. Funny thing is, I think everyone in our three person alliance was also allied with you, so I guess you turned out to be the not-so-awkward fourth wheel. I truly enjoyed playing wih you and learning about you and chatting with you, because honestly that's what we did most of the time. Thank you.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:06 pm

@fen that final post was rather humorous knowing that you were the soldier and that xif did poison you. I thought it was possible that she had betrayed me at the last minute, but your nervousness in that post and the fact that it was there pretty much confirmed it for me- you wouldn't try to cast doubt on you being the soldier unless you were the soldier. Also jelly confirmed it for me a second time when he saw it happen and you survive as the peasant. But your efforts were valiant and it was fun to play with you.

In post 397, Felissan wrote:So, I was thinking in my corner about general strategies for a few roles, seeing this game as a mafia-like game where everyone is a scum faction on their own.
Turns out it really was a social game, and the only private interaction I ever had was with a small 4-player alliance where everyone died in two rounds. ika also tried to get my role, but I didn't answer at all.
And to anybody thinking it was actually a good idea to share your role, here's my number one guideline in any game where private communication is allowed: there can be loopholes in any truce. Any shared info that may get you killed will get you killed, especially since there's only one winner. My mental reaction to ika's PM was just a plain "What."

I actually spoke only to three people the whole game with the exception of std at final five and jelly at final three.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:14 pm

Thanks a lot for ratting on me bro :P
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:50 pm

Post by Lokiben »

This was a great game, and I'm glad an experimental role like the Professor won, and another, the Actor, came in fourth. Again, I'm sorry for disappearing towards the end, but real life caught up with me. I probably won't be back for another, though if Cuddly, or someone else, wants to take it for a spin a third time, they're welcome to. I'm glad to have brought this experience to you, and I hope you all enjoyed playing.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:52 pm

Thanks for the game, Loki and Cuddly. It was a lot of fun and I feel like the professor was the role made to be played by me
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:17 pm

Post by ika »

the thing about me is that i wouldnt of fed someone else the role.

like i have 2 modes on how i enter a game:

1) freidn everyone and see whoever wins win (how i played here)
2) backstab everyone at first notice

so while i could of fed roles out to others in attempts to backstab, i had not vaule or fun in it at the time.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:17 pm

Post by ika »

fin fact: if i got voted off in the first round shadow would of been shot
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:32 pm

Post by xofelf »

I kept ika alive for a reason. Opportune moments my friend. You take out the person when it's the most doable and sure to happen. But well.... okay that sorta got fucked up. But that round of musical poison was the most fun I had this game. From that point on it was a lot of fun for me. I kind of have a lot of fun being vengeful tbh. So, sorry Jelly and Fen, that round meant i was going to do everything to make sure you didn't win. So i told Eagle every last little thing I knew, and I knew a lot. Had my computer not exploded when it did, I would have guessed out Fen too. If poison wasn't gonna kill him, my guess would. But it still confirmed his role, so worked out.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:02 am

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 412, ika wrote:fin fact: if i got voted off in the first round shadow would of been shot

Yeah I kind of knew you were going to do that. You are the least subtle person about things. :p

Oh Eagle. I probably should have told you what roles to guess so that didn't happen, but I was going to get poisoned anyways. If Ika had died of poison and I died of accidental guessing that would have made the situation so much funnier.

Extrapolated Eagle wrote: Funny thing is, I think everyone in our three person alliance was also allied with you, so I guess you turned out to be the not-so-awkward fourth wheel. I truly enjoyed playing wih you and learning about you and chatting with you, because honestly that's what we did most of the time. Thank you.

You have no idea how angry I was when I made an alliance with you and ika without telling xof and then she told me how she was messaging the both of you and you were telling her everything including both your roles and that us three were in an alliance. Literal screaming.

Felissan wrote:In any game with only one winner and with so many ways to get someone dead, the winner in an alliance is the first one to betray his "ally". ika didn't even have to guess you himself, he could have relayed your role to someone else against some favor.

That.. doesn't seem to have worked out for me actually. <_< When you revealed ika as the Mat-At-Arms, you got voted out because most people already knew since Day 1. You can't play a game like this paranoid and solo. The information one role gets is worthless compared to four roles combined.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:13 am

Hm? Did I tell her all that? I don't remember that. No, it must have been ika. I only told her my role. I didn't tell her anyone else's roles or that I was in any other alliances. Did I?
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:32 am

Post by xofelf »

You only told me your role. And times you weren't sure you trusted ika or Shadow. Otherwise, until PoisonParty we didn't talk game a whole lot at all. Everything else I learned from ika.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697

Return to “Social Game Archive”