Ross Perot
Watcher
Watcher

Survivor: #2016 (GAME OVER!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:54 am

Post by Ross Perot »

SURVIVOR: #2016

Presented by xRECKONERx and Drench

It is the most important election in a generation. #Obummer's out, and you can feel it in the air: 2016 will be the year of you. You and your most attractive political ally are ready, waiting to be crowned the President and Vice President of the United States. And of course, the Vice Presidency doesn't mean shit: it's all you, baby.

There's just one problem. 17 others think they'll beat you. You better not give them the chance. What would Bill Clinton do? What would Ronald Reagan do?

What would Oprah do? What would Oprah fucking do?

Application FormUnfortunately, this application form is closed. If you wish to spectate, please contact Drench or xRECKONERx. You may PM this account, but a response may be delayed.

Core Rules

Please read carefully: in light of the continued development of this community, we have significantly revised and rewritten the 'traditional' ruleset.

GLOBAL RULES

[A01]
This is a game. You should play to have fun, and to win. You should not prohibit others from doing the same. You should show respect to all participants at all times. We understand this is a game that deals with a lot of emotions, and you should feel free to show that emotion -- just don't push it too far. If in doubt, ask.

[A02]
This game is
anonymous
. You should at no point hint at your own identity, or communicate with any person about the game outside the private message system unless permitted to by the mods.

[A03]
You should not take any action which disrupts or undermines the integrity of the game. You should also not take any action that brings the game into disrepute. This includes, but is not limited to, cheating in or explicitly seeking to break challenges, communicating with players you are not permitted to, communicating information using screenshots or PM forwarding. If in doubt, ask.

[A04]
If there is a problem, or there has been a mistake made, discuss it with a mod.

[A05]
In superficially breaking one of the rules in this ruleset, an Official Warning will be given. If the breach is substantial, or a second breach of any named rule is made, discretionary sanctions will be applied. If the breach if excessive, or a further breach is made after sanctions, you will be modkilled. This is your only (unofficial) warning.

[A06]
We reserve the right at any time to implement new rules. We reserve the right to use our discretion in disciplining players as we see fit, if a situation not covered by these rules arises, using A05 as a guide. We reserve the right to refrain from disciplining players if we believe the offence is sufficiently minor. Should these rules be substantively altered at any time, you will be informed.

Mechanics

Spoiler: Full Rule Set
Please read carefully: in light of the continued development of this community, we have significantly revised and rewritten the 'traditional' ruleset.

Format

[B01]
Generally, in Survivor, players are split into tribes and participate in challenges. After each challenge, losing tribes must vote off one of their own, in a secret vote. After a period of time, the tribes merge. The last player standing wins.

[B02]
While B01 describes a general game, it is not binding. This specific game as it is designed may deviate considerably from that formula, without notification.

[B03]
You may only PM members of your tribe. You may use any provided forum spaces to communicate with anyone who has access to them.

Mechanics

Challenges

[C01]
Each round may have immunity challenges and/or reward challenges.

[C02]
All outcomes are final, subject to A04.

[C03]
Winners of immunity challenges will be safe from elimination that round, and will not be eligible for being voted out in a tribal council. Winners of reward challenges will be eligible for a reward, as described in that challenge.

[C04]
A range of challenge styles has been designed, to test different skills. We cannot provide for all players all the time, but we have tried our best to make challenges as level and fair as possible.

Tribal Council

[D01]
Each round will have at least one tribal council.

[D02]
All outcomes are final, subject to A04.

[D03]
Tribal councils will always last 24 hours from notification. A failure to vote will cause the offender to self-vote. Repeated self-votes, deliberate or accidental, may result in punishment, as per A01 and A05.

[D04]
You may modify votes at any time, but please use a new post to do so. The moderation team will
not
alter council results due to a missed edited post. This is your
only
warning.

Tribal Council Ties

[E01]
In the event of a tie at a council, a revote will take place. Only those players tied for the highest number of votes will be eligible candidates. Those eligible candidates will not be able to vote.

[E02]
Reward items will carry through a tie vote. Reward items, unless otherwise stated, may not be played in a revote.

[E03]
If a plurality is not found in a revote, or there is otherwise still a tie, all non-tied players
without
immunity, whether via Individual Immunity or via Rewards, will randomly draw a rock. The player who draws the sole purple rock will be eliminated.

[E04]
Should there be only four players remaining in the game, a tiebreaker challenge will instead take place.

Twists

[F01]
Twists have been preplanned and placed ahead of time, to be enacted without provocation. Twists are not designed with any player in mind, but have been blindly designed. We have made every effort to ensure the fairness of twists.

[F02]
Should there be a conflict between in-game explanations and these rules, such as the text of a Reward Item, that in-game explanation will supersede these rules.

Debates

[G01]
At predetermined points, temporary merges called Debates will take place. These will be telegraphed ahead of time.

[G02]
There will be no Immunity Challenges during Debates.

[G03]
The exact specifics of Debates will be revealed at the beginning of each one.

Delegates

[H01]
Each player begins the game with
one
Delegate. Players may earn more through the game via various methods.

[H02]
The number of Delegates you have is private, and will be privately relayed to you--you may, however, share that information as you see fit.

[H03]
Delegates will, at certain points, determine your survival in the game. Having more Delegates will not disadvantage you.

[H04]
You may transfer Delegates at any point by using the specified thread in your Confessional. Once transferred, all Delegate transactions are permanent and irreversible.

[H05]
Delegates may not leave the game. If a player who exits the game currently holds Delegates, they must pass them on.

Player Contract

We are requiring all players, in lieu of other methods of rule compliance, to agree to a player contract in submitting an application. Please read it carefully. If you foresee that you will be unable to follow this contract, please discuss it with a mod: while we do want to accommodate you, we cannot accept any player who cannot obey this contract.

[Y01]
By submitting an application to play and/or spectate, you agree to abide by all these rules.

[Y02]
By submitting an application, you agree that you have read and acknowledged all these rules.

[Y03]
By submitting an application, you forfeit ignorance of the rules as an excuse.

[Y04]
By submitting an application, you forfeit plausible deniability of acceptable standards as an excuse. This means you may not claim that you thought your actions erred on the right side of the line.

[Y05]
By submitting an application, you agree to be active in your participation in accordance with these rules, and shall not flake.

[Y06]
By submitting an application, you accept that you are bound by the honour system, and must at all times remain bound by it.

[Y07]
By submitting an application, you accept that breaching this contract may result in replacement, modkilling, sanctions, and/or blacklisting.

[Y08]
If you are unwilling or unable to obey this contract at any time, you must notify the mods
immediately

If you have any further questions, you may contact this account or either of the mods on Skype (PM if you do not already have our usernames!). Once again, signups will occur
over the next two weeks
, and the game will begin on April 1.
Last edited by Ross Perot on Tue May 17, 2016 4:03 am, edited 6 times in total.
Ross Perot
Ross Perot
Watcher
Ross Perot
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:01 am

Post by Ross Perot »

Image We did it, Ronnie! We posted the signup thread.

We sure did, Billy. We made it. We did a thing. Where's my medicine? Image

Image *sigh* It's on the counter, babe. Anyway, what about all those pre-ins?

Ohh yes, well, we already picked our favorites from the pre-in applications. Image

Image How many did we take?

Shh, hush! Not in front of the kids. Image

Image Shouldn't we at least let the people know how--

Look, if there's one thing we should've learned from our times in office, it's that you NEVER go full transparency... Image

Image Fair enough. Can we at least let them know signups will last two weeks?

Yeah, and that the game will start on April 1st. And that I have had an erection for thirty minutes! Image

Image Ugh, the things I do for Freedom... *unzips*
Ross Perot
Ross Perot
Watcher
Ross Perot
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:48 pm

Post by Ross Perot »

We're extremely thrilled to announce that we've had this game reviewed by xofelf, who is a person that exists on these forums!

xofelf, our Reviewer wrote:This might just be the most solid game...that I have ever come across.

xofelf, our babe Reviewer wrote:[This game] got an A.

xofelf, our babe Reviewer, who is a cool person wrote:[This is] a great game. And I'm excited to watch it play out.

Signups continue for two weeks: do NOT miss out!
Ross Perot
Ross Perot
Watcher
Ross Perot
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:05 pm

Post by Ross Perot »

THIS JUST IN: if you put your username as something silly and dumb, we have
literally no clue
who you are!

We want you to play! But some of you have submitted applications with joke usernames, I guess assuming we'd know who you were anyway, and we absolutely are stupid and cannot figure it out.

Please PM us if you think you may be the source of this confusion! Or re-do the application! I don't care!
Ross Perot
Ross Perot
Watcher
Ross Perot
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:04 am

Post by Ross Perot »

Image Well, well, well. We're at the one week mark.

And we still have a week to go! Image

Image Can't we just start it now?

No, no. You see, if you make people wait for it, it makes the orgasm that much better. Image

Image Don't I know it.

So you've still got one more week to signup, People of MafiaScum! Image

Image Selection night will be March 23rd!

You'll be notified immediately upon selection that you've been chosen. Image

Image The game opens April 1st, though, so if you don't get chosen, don't fret!

Yeah, we may need replacements if anyone drops out. Now do your Patriotic Duty and sign up for #2016! Image

Image Heh, heh... duty.
Ross Perot
Ross Perot
Watcher
Ross Perot
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:05 am

Post by Ross Perot »

O
N
L
Y
T
H
R
E
E
D
A
Y
S
L
E
F
T
T
O
S
I
G
N
U
P
F
O
R
#
Ross Perot
Ross Perot
Watcher
Ross Perot
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:18 pm

Post by Ross Perot »

Signups are CLOSED. Game starts April 1.
Ross Perot
Ross Perot
Watcher
Ross Perot
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:52 pm

Post by Ross Perot »

The forums will open and credentials will be sent at
7pm EST
on Thursday.

Survivor: #2016 will begin the following day, on
April 1st.
Ross Perot
Ross Perot
Watcher
Ross Perot
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:02 pm

Post by Ross Perot »

Credentials are now being sent! All those granted player or spectator status will shortly receive a username, password, and a link to the forum where Survivor: #2016 will take place.

Good luck!
Ross Perot
Ross Perot
Watcher
Ross Perot
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 4:02 am

Post by Ross Perot »

The game has ended! Here is the open forum:

http://s15.zetaboards.com/survivor_2016/

More info once one of us is at a computer. Meanwhile feel free to shitpost.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 5:03 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

wooooooo
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 5:10 am

Post by ActionDan »

I didn't realize how fucked up this game could get until I saw that a lesbian pretended to be a gay man.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Nyalite
Nyalite
Goon
Nyalite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 7:22 am

Post by Nyalite »

In post 11, ActionDan wrote:I didn't realize how fucked up this game could get until I saw that a lesbian pretended to be a gay man.
Don't forget a bunch of guys pretending to be women tried to start a women's alliance.
"He might fascinate you. I despise him with every fiber of my being."
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 7:37 am

Post by MattP »

Some recent strategy games have had women's alliances (Drench's nom game and the diplomacy game, idk if that was the plan in the diplomacy game so correct me if I'm wrong) so there's incentive in an anon game to play the strategy if it's played well (which I don't think an "ALL GUYS ALLIANCE!" would swing on this site), idk if it is shitty of guys playing girl candidates to do but I get why it was attempted

I just think here it was pushed in a way that couldn't work because of trust issues, but yeah I think most of us knew that likely most of the women candidates weren't played by women, Ted and Carly both said things to me about it
SlappyKrust
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 7:39 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

I found another idol
To be clear: quack
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 7:40 am

Post by MattP »

But yeah I think people intentionally playing troupes of what they think a girl or a gay guy would be like would be bad, I wasn't trying to act like that

Also this game was awesome, thank you for modding Reck and Drench, I had a lot of fun
SlappyKrust
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 7:43 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Oh no, say it isn't so! An anonymous game with character avatars had men playing as women and women playing as men! And the character avatar representations were the basis of attempted alliance! Obviously this is evidence of complete moral bankruptcy and outright servitude to the hetero-patriarchy. Now that we're out of the game, could all the real women get back in the kitchen already? I need someone to make me a sandwich.

/sarcasm
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 7:53 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

just be careful if shadoweh is the one making the sandwich it'll take her 3 hours and then she'll fall asleep
To be clear: quack
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 7:55 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 15, MattP wrote:Also this game was awesome, thank you for modding Reck and Drench, I had a lot of fun
I wish I'd gotten to play >:C
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 7:56 am

Post by BROseidon »

#Varner'd
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 8:02 am

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 18, BROseidon wrote:
In post 15, MattP wrote:Also this game was awesome, thank you for modding Reck and Drench, I had a lot of fun
I wish I'd gotten to play >:C
excuse me >8(
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 8:05 am

Post by xofelf »

So as someone who missed the actual reveal, please tell me that exists somewhere. Twitch didn't show it when I went to go look.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 8:35 am

Post by Drench »

In post 17, SleepyKrew wrote:just be careful if shadoweh is the one making the sandwich it'll take her 3 hours and then she'll fall asleep
oh my god
join your union
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 8:47 am