Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 12:43 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Welcome
Announcer:
"Welcome to
Summoner's Rift
Survivor: LoL!"

*Intro box pops up in the bottom left corner*

We have modified the rules of Summoner's Rift. You will be fighting against 19 other players to gain the title of
Sole Survivor
. Fight as teams and as solos! Explore Runeterra! Backstab your friends and your enemies! And more!

Application
To gain acceptance to Survivor: League of Legends, please complete the following application.

If you would like to browse
Survivor: LoL’s
character options, then please refer to the provided list. Those wishing to spectate may choose to represent another Champion or LoL Character. You may not select Shen, Volibear, or Nasus.

This game is expected to close sign-ups on June 17th (just after #SurvivorMeet). The game will begin sending out acceptances the following night, and then beginning on Sunday, the 19th of June.

{GENERAL RULES}

{01}
This is a game. The main objective is to have fun; so no excessive flaming, spamming, or submission of anything else prohibited within the MS forums.
{02}
This is a game. The secondary objective is to dominate.
{03}
We are not infallible, so if any of us make a mistake, please point it out to us privately so that we may make corrections as necessary.
{04}
We have worked extensively to produce a game that is enjoyed by all involved. As such, we promise to offer each player respect but expect to be shown the same in return.
{05}
Do not modify avatars. The moderating team has spent a great deal of time creating these images and would much rather concentrate on maintaining a smooth game as opposed to making unnecessary revisions.
{06}
Exercise common sense. If you are unsure as to whether an action conflicts with the rules, ask. Yes, this is a competition, but do not attempt to undermine challenges or game mechanics for your own gain. This violates both the spirit of the game and common respect mentioned above.
{07}
Private communication with players outside of your tribe is strictly prohibited. Any player found in violation of this rule will be penalized.
{08}
The moderating team asks that players refrain from logging in anonymously. This is to help emulate the Survivor experience.
{09}
Any and all posting about this game outside the provided forums is illegal unless SPECIFICALLY STATED. Violators will be penalized, as it is threatens the integrity of an anonymous game.
{10}
We reserve all rights to implement new rules if needed.

{GAME MECHANICS}

{01}
Survivor: LoL
is
ANONYMOUS
. All participants are strictly prohibited from so much as hinting to their own identities or implying another player's mafiascum identity. Communication outside the private message system is also forbidden unless otherwise stated. Failure to follow this rule can result in a variety of consequences ranging from a terse warning to one's elimination from the game. The moderating team reserves the right to determine the severity of possible infractions.

Reward Challenges:

{02}
Survivor: LoL is home to a myriad of hidden treasures and rewards, all of which the mods have graciously collected. Throughout the game, Reward Challenges have been designed so that players can reap the benefits of victory, gaining powers and items to prolong their stay in the game.
{03}
Each reward challenge will have an established time frame that ranges between twenty-four and forty-eight hours. Failure to submit in the specified time will result in a player's or tribe's elimination from the challenge.
{04}
The outcomes of all Reward Challenges are final. That said, be sure to keep Rule 03 of General Rules in mind.

Immunity Challenges:

{05}
A Survivor game is nothing without its standard immunity challenges. While there are a limited number of Reward Challenges throughout the game, each round will possess an Immunity Challenge.
{06}
Winners of Immunity Challenges will be safe from elimination that round and cannot be voted out in Tribal Councils.
{07}
We appreciate the fact that prospective contestants will enter this game with a range of skills. With this in mind, understand that we as mods cannot cater to all players' needs and time constraints in challenges.
{08}
The outcomes of all Immunity Challenges are final. That said, be sure to keep Rule 03 of General Rules in mind.

Tribal Council:

{09}
Tribal Councils will last twenty-four hours from the moment we notify relevant parties. If a player fails to submit a vote within the given time frame, he or she will incur a self-vote penalty. In the event that a player knows he or she will be unable to vote by deadline, that player may notify the moderators and cast a vote to avoid penalization.
{10}
The results of Tribal Councils may be posted before deadline if and only if all persons involved have submitted a vote.
{11}
The modification of votes after they have been submitted is prohibited. Failure to adhere to this rule will result in a self-vote or nullification of one's vote. Repeated offenses will be dealt with as deemed appropriate. The only exception to this rule are conditional votes mentioned above.  
{12}
The outcomes of Tribal Councils are final.
{13}
Questions concerning ties in Tribal Council may be found below:

Spoiler: Breaking Ties
{I}
In the event of an initial tie, a revote shall take place. Contestants may only vote for one of the tied players, and all tied individuals may not vote.
{II}
If a majority is not met in the revote, the following methods {in the given order} will be implemented to determine which player is eliminated:
01. If the above does not apply and if the game has not yet reached the Final 6, all players not locked in the tie or immune will draw rocks. The player who receives a black rock will be eliminated.
02. If the above does not apply and if the game has reached the Final 6, a tie-breaker challenge will take place between tied parties. This will be explained in greater detail should a tie occur at this stage in the game.

Twists:

{14}
Twists will be implemented without warning or provocation throughout the game. The time and setting of each twist has already been determined, so as to neither give an unfair advantage or disadvantage to a player or group of players.
Last edited by animorpherv1 on Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:53 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Last chance! Game will stop being in signups TOMORROW.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:53 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

All PMs should be out as of a few hours ago. Thank you very much for your patience, and if you have any issues, let us know.

We'll still accept spectators, though! PM us so we can set you up.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:13 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Congratulations to
Shaco, aka PAPA ZITO
for winning
Survivor: LoL!
We got down with the clown.

IMPORTANT LINKS

The Thread
The Live Reveal
The Edgic
Equilibrium Enforced, my Moderator Confessional

As well, we have a spectator skype for the game! If anyone wants in on it, IM me, BPC, or any of the spectators! I'm going to request that we al stay nice now that the game is over and we don't hurt anyone's feelings.

Thank you all so much, and thanks for BPC and Ceph for helping me with this! Maybe there'll be another in a long time down the road. Who knows.

Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:15 pm

Post by Drench »

As well, we have a spectator skype for the game!
wait what where
join your union
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:16 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 4, Drench wrote:
As well, we have a spectator skype for the game!
wait what where
We mentioned this in the spectator area silly.

OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:21 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

yes yes yes good game everyone!
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:24 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Ayyyy this is open.

Also MORN5? Seriously?
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:31 pm

Post by Chevre »

to be fair I did contest the idea of giving a MOR rating and a 5 visibility
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:38 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Eh, it exists.

It means "This person was there ALL THE TIME but never gave thoughts on anything"
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:48 am

Post by ActionDan »

Grats Shaco! Well played!

I feel a little weird repeating advice to Gnar that Barbara Boxer gave to me though.

MattP--->Actiondan--->MattP
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:15 am

Post by Snakes »

AHHHHH
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:02 am

Post by BROseidon »

When does Elo come out. I want to no longer have the worst Elo!
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:46 am

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

I already did them, but I just woke up!

"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:49 am

Post by BROseidon »

Ayyyyyy no longer completely in the gutter.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:54 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 14, BROseidon wrote:Ayyyyyy no longer completely in the gutter.
Dw you'll never be last once I've joined
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:47 am

Post by BROseidon »

Also, to address something from the Skype spec thread now that I've calmed down from how much everyone actually hated me this game:
i kind of hope bro figures out that a lot of the reason he didn't win this game was his own play. it's not that he played terribly, but it's coming across as arrogance and I'm not seeing justification for it. Esp. that OTTN ending, snakes is right, had he not done that it would have been easier (though maybe it still wouldn't have happened) to flip.
like I guess its hard to take someone seriously who's like "they lied to me so they don't deserve my vote" as an expert of survivor, it's what you signed up for. I understand the emotional part of it and he's free to do whatever he wants with his vote
for me I think he just kinds of comes off as arrogant, and it's just like...who are you, you're new here, I don't think Jarvan played as well as I'm sure you think he did and I don't know what you're going to think when you see how people thought you did. I mean, kudos for making it to merge and not being a goat and such, you were clearly here and important at times but...
1) Not specifically trying to call out Fen here, Fen was just articulating what a lot of people seemed to feel about me this game, and he put things in the most clarity so I actually have the ability to respond.

2) Yeah, I'm aware that I lost because of my own play. I'm the last fucking person who will ever say that someone's loss in a Survivor game wasn't their own fault. One of the things I take pride on about myself is that I will always take ownership of my actions, and, more importantly, my mistakes. The insinuation otherwise stings.

3) What you saw in my boot round wasn't arrogance. It was anger. I knew I was acting against my rational interests, and I didn't care, because Ori and Gnar lied to me to my face with a really, really shitty lie, got called on it, and then acted
offended
that I dare call them out for blatantly lying to my face with a super obviously terrible lie. It felt like they'd both written me off and that they both thought that I was a complete idiot (which was additionally angering b/c I knew Gnar ID'd me a few days in). If they'd just owned up to trying to blindside me the previous round, it would have been possible to have repaired that bridge and make something happen that round. As I said, I take pride in taking ownership of one's actions - Ori and Gnar not taking ownership and expecting me to believe their peddled bullshit is one of the things that will set me off hardest.

4) It's not "they lied to me so they don't deserve my vote." It's about how you lie to someone to put them there. It's about how much you open up. It's about how forthright you are about the fact that you're going to be manipulative. It's about how you take ownership of your actions. In how Ori and Gnar booted me, they showed me no respect. They called me a moron and spat on me as they then put me on the jury. Garen and Lulu, if anything, backstabbed me
more
that round, since they told me they were voting with me and then booted me, but they didn't do it in a way that was a massive "fuck you" to me as a person. Either of them would have had my jury vote over Ori and Gnar, and literally nothing would have changed that.

5) "You're new here" is a pretty shitty argument when you have no idea about my Survivor experience. I played a lot of f2f and online games in college - this has been my 12th game, f2f or online. This also is relatively public knowledge - Skrew ID'd me in #2016 based on me talking about my past Survivor experience, and I talked about it a bit at the meet that I'd done f2f before. It also got directly referenced in that conversation. Of those games, the only two where I didn't make at least jury were BotB and #2016. Of the other 10, I've won 1, and been on the jury 9 times (all 9th-5th place finishes). I've voted for the winner 8/9 times. Yes, Mr. "You lied to me so I'm not voting for you" votes for the winner almost 90% of the time from the jury!

And there's a reason for that. People rationalize about wanting to vote for the person with the most strategy, but, at the end of the day, people vote for the person they're happiest losing to. And if there's a big discrepancy between how much you like the finalists, the vast majority of people are going to vote for the one that they like the most, not the one who played the "best strategic game" when the rubric for what that means is somewhat arbitrary to begin with. Ascribing that to "meta" is also a bit of a cop-out, since it's more along the lines of "people aren't fucking gamebots, we're fundamentally emotional creatures."

Basically - reading through the Skype thread about how much I annoyed everyone hurt. I guess part of it is also how hard I specifically got called out, when nobody else was getting called out for their mistakes nearly as hard. Or at least the call-outs didn't feel like they amounted to "Fuck this person" as much as they did with the ones against me. Idk, maybe I'm being egotistical here, but the attacks broadly felt a bit personal in a way that were unnecessary and kind of hurtful. It cooled off a bit towards the end (thanks, Xof), but by the time it got there, the damage was done.

tl;dr: As a spec, please try to be respectful towards the players. We're all trying our best, and having that met with "this person sucks" really doesn't feel very good. Especially when you're talking about someone that you don't know very well.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:01 am

Post by Chevre »

I'm sorry if I offended you, BRO. For me, you were one of the interesting players to watch because everything I know about you leads me to believe you'd be marvelous at the game, but that was interestingly paralleled by early exits for you in #2016 and BotB. So to see you make it further was very fun to see, especially as we grappled with the PM style shenanigans (no point in expanding on that, you know what the apparent "problem" is a million times over, but it's obvious not everyone agrees it's a problem).

I know I was harsh on Shaco too for his lack of challenge performance and lack of opening statement, but come on . . .
I was also disappointed in both early quitters, but that's also pretty justified imo
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:08 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Yeah. I'm sorry. If I saw what I wrote direct at me, I'd be really upset by it, so I'm not sure why I would say things like that, and if it's any consolation, I do regret my words.

You're new here was the dumbest thing to say. I didn't mean it, and I immediately took back, please don't hold that against me.

Honestly, this isn't really an excuse, but I've been having a shitty time of things lately which makes me more prone to cattiness and negativity. The way you talk reminded me of certain people in my life who have made me feel bad, which made me bothered by your statements, but you don't seem like that type of person. Please know this didn't come out of hatred for you. I think you're a good player and I think you played a decent game, I hope you can forgive me and that this doesn't hurt you much.
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:35 am

Yeah, I definitely said some things I would be hurt having said about me, and I apologize for that. I think a lot of my annoyance came 80% from your overuse of ~iconic~, and the other 20% was how much you appeared to care about your edgic and how much of a fan favorite you would be rather than your position in the game. It felt a lot like when someone on Big Brother keeps talking about how famous they're going to be outside of the house rather than talking about your position in the game. I don't really care how you want to play the game, I love seeing different playstyles. The issues I had pretty much came with how you carried yourself as a person, and that's probably just a problem I'm always going to have, because there's no reason you should change as a person to make me happy. :P You probably don't care what I have to say either, but the fact that you brought up how you've made jury in almost all your games just now brings me to my main problem: it doesn't feel like you have a lot of self-awareness in regards to how you come across. That comment struck me as bragging, when I don't think that's what you intended for it to be.

This is probably super unhelpful, and again, I'm sorry for everything I said earlier. If it was me in your position, I would want people to tell me why they felt the way they did, and that's what I tried to do here. I don't mean to offend you with any of this.
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:00 am

Post by Klick »

@ELOs: just short of being first. my life
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:15 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

ZITO AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

THE DOCTOR WHO DREAM LIVES ON AHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i had a hunch it was zito after i got booted but thought "nah there's no way he'd play again"
green shirt thursdays
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:21 am

I was so happy for all members of the final 3 and would have been excited for all of them to win, which I can rarely ever say. Great job Zito, and also to Klick and Brian Skies! :D

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:25 am

Post by Klick »

In post 11, Snakes wrote:Image
AHHHHH
They had posted it before that, and they took it down when they saw my vote. Then they recreated it and decided to stick with it. :P
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:49 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

"I also hope klick thinks I'm malphite because Reck is a really good player not because malph passed around a bootlist"

I wish people wouldn't think this. :( I'm pretty shit at this game tbh, the only game I did well in was Arkham and that was by latching myself onto Snakes then arguing my ass off in FTC.

It's really disheartening to see me being rooted against by specs in nearly every game though :\
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Social Game Archive”