BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:28 am

Post by BNL »

This setup is kinda weird and I don't think it's too imbalanced?

The JOAT's powers seem kinda useless, though. The bodyguard really shouldn't be used because there's no good town player to protect other than the masons, which isn't worth protecting unless we get to massclaim and the JOAT is being suspected. The commuter doesn't achieve much because there are no other kill-stopping roles in the setup, so it doesn't help town save for possibly protecting a TA result. The traffic analyst is really the only town power here. If a Mafia non-traitor dies early, this makes the traffic analyst useless. I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing (if town lynch Mafia early, they're already in good shape), but if players are unaware that the setup this may lead to a false clear on the Mafia which I don't like, in addition to making the whole JOAT useless IMO.

I think the setup may be slightly scumsided, but I don't know how much the traitor affects the balance here. Personally, I like the buffed version of the JOAT (PT Cop/Doctor/Commuter), as it solves the problems with the JOAT stated above.

By the way, I believe 3 Goons vs 3 Masons 7 VTs is generally accepted as balanced. I think the scum 2-shot rolecop somewhat cancels nerfing another goon to a traitor, but changing a Mason to the original JOAT may be a significant nerf, depending on how other players read the JOAT's claim as.
GTKAS - BNL

Busy, on indefinite V/LA. May return April 2020
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:29 am

Post by BNL »

In post 6, BNL wrote:I think the setup may be slightly scumsided,
Having said that, I don't think the setup is too imbalanced to run.
GTKAS - BNL

BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:33 am

Post by BNL »

I think the rules and role PMs are fine, except that the Mafia, especially the traitor, should be told that the traitor is endgamed if all other Mafia die.
GTKAS - BNL

BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #14 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:56 pm

Post by BNL »

Can I see the rolecop results?
GTKAS - BNL

BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #22 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:48 pm

Post by BNL »

The 2-shot Rolecop is labelled as a Loyal Rolecop in your Role PMs, but there isn't anything wrong with the Role PM.
You might also want to know that the Rolecop will return "Vanilla" if they investigate the Mafia Goon, the same as investigating a VT, in the rare event that they do so.

But otherwise, you're good.
GTKAS - BNL

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”