implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Morning Tweet's Normal Review, August 2020

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:00 am

Post by implosion »

Morning Tweet wrote:Hello! I've /inned to mod a Normal Mini and I have a design ready to be looked at for balance.

I believe this PM is quoted in the design thread if I'm not mistaken? Here's all the relevant stuff I have created:

Spoiler: The Setup
13p setup

Town Weak Friendly Neighbour
Town Informed Gunsmith (“There is one Mafia Doctor”)
Town Doctor
Town Two-shot Commuter
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie

Mafia Doctor
Mafia One-shot Strongman
Mafia Goon

Spoiler: Design Logic
I want a weak friendly neighbour and gunsmith combo for the investigatives. I like the potential for mafia to have a player that does so well they knock out the friendly neighbour. I like Gunsmith so mafia can attempt to counterclaim the result with vigilante or some other claim, but still will most likely die to a guilty.

Another reason I chose Gunsmith was so there could be one member of the mafia team who gives a false negative so the Gunsmith can’t totally trust his results, but can mostly trust them. I specified to him that there is a single negative result, but I am unsure if this is necessary. I don’t want the gunsmith player to feel cheated by his results since the town already has some swing in the first PR, the worst thing i could see happening is the Friendly Neighbour killing themself -> Gunsmith gets a fake inno. I thought a way to offset this may be to give the Gunsmith extra information.

I am unsure of exactly how to offset the potential death of the weak friendly neighbour back onto an odd number of players. I chose a Doctor because they may get a save which would fix it to odds.

In the event a follow the cop were attempted, even though I’m guessing that’s unlikely, I gave the mafia a one-shot strongman player. It’s mostly just insurance that if an investigative is outted early with the doctor still alive, the mafia can choose to get rid of that player.

I rounded out the town PRs with a two-shot commuter. I’m unsure what a commuters power level is, but I wanted a role that could be quite good in the hands of a skilled player but not as helpful otherwise. It is also a claim that would be likely believed (?) as I dont usually hear Commuter used as a fakeclaim. If any role needs to be drastically changed (such as if the town is too weak which I'm wondering), I would probably change this to a stronger role.

EDIT: It just occurred to me that the Gunsmith is gonna distrust the doctor claim cause he knows theres a scum doctor. That was not intentional so I may have to rethink that.

I'm getting the feeling the setup is town sided because, while I think he's pretty powerful, the weak friendly neighbour has the potential to throw away a ton of towns power if he isnt careful.

If town is too weak like Im guessing I would first like to change the Commuter into a stronger role. Beyond that Im unsure

Spoiler: Role PMs
VANILLA TOWNIEWelcome, Player! You are a
Vanilla Townie

You possess no special abilities of your own, aside from your voice and your vote.

You are aligned with the
Town
. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

The game thread is located here.

Please confirm by replying with your role name and alignment.

TOWN WEAK FRIENDLY NEIGHBOURWelcome, Player! You are a
Town Weak Friendly Neighbour

Each night, you may target a player. At the end of the night, they will be informed that you are aligned with the town. Furthermore, if you target a non-town-aligned player with this ability, you will die.

You are aligned with the
Town

TOWN INFORMED GUNSMITHWelcome, Player! You are a
Town Informed Gunsmith

Each night, you may target a player to learn whether or not they have a gun in their possession.

(All mafia roles have guns except Doctor and Traitor. Additionally, the following town roles have guns: Cop, Vigilante, Gunsmith, Role Cop, Vanilla Cop, Vengeful, Detective, Neapolitan, Backup of any role with a gun, and Jack-of-All-Trades where any component role has a gun.)

You know additional information pertaining to the setup: There is one Mafia Doctor present in the game.

You are aligned with the
Town

TOWN DOCTORWelcome, Player! You are a
Town Doctor

Each night, you may target a player to protect them from one kill attempt that night.

You are aligned with the
Town

TOWN TWO-SHOT COMMUTERWelcome, Player! You are a
Town Two-shot Commuter

Twice during the game at night, you may choose to commute, causing any actions targeting you to fail.

You are aligned with the
Town

MAFIA GOONWelcome, Player! You are a
Mafia Goon

Your partners are Player1,
Mafia Doctor
, and Player2,
Mafia One-shot Strongman
. You may privately speak with them at any time here.

You and your partners share a factional kill. At night, you may designate a player who will perform the kill and on what target. You may not have a mafia member perform a kill and use another action at the same time.

You are aligned with the
Mafia
. You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

MAFIA DOCTORWelcome, Player! You are a
Mafia Doctor

Mafia Goon
, and Player2,
Mafia One-shot Strongman

Each night, you may target a player to protect them from one kill attempt that night.

You and your partners share a factional kill. At night, you may designate a player who will perform the kill and on what target. You may not have a mafia member perform a kill and use another action at the same time.

You are aligned with the
Mafia
. You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

MAFIA ONE-SHOT STRONGMANWelcome, Player! You are a
Mafia One-shot Strongman

Mafia Goon
, and Player2,
Mafia Doctor

Once per game while performing a kill, you may designate your kill as a Strongman kill, preventing your kill from being blocked by any means.

You are aligned with the
Mafia

Spoiler: Opening Post
-= Mini Normal #### | So Many Bats! =-

image here

Modded by: Morning Tweet
Backup Mod: X
Reviewed by: X

Player List

(spoiler=Shot Down)(/spoiler)(spoiler=Still Flapping About)(/spoiler)(spoiler=Vote Counts)(/spoiler)

Spoiler: Rules
-= The Rules =-
rules stolen and adapted from SirCakes and Dannflor

General Rules

1. 1. Obey all site rules, which can be found here.
    2. Do not, under any circumstances, quote your role PMs or any other PMs sent by the moderator. Paraphrasing is okay.
    3. Do not contact other players to discuss the game outside of the game thread. This includes both PMs and offsite communication.
    4. Play to win this game, not your future games.
    5. Do not use tiny text, cryptography, invisible text, or anything of the sort. Everything you post should be public info.
    6. Do not use provable randomness. This includes dice tags.
    7. Do not impersonate the moderator.
    This
    is my mod colour. Don’t use it.
    8. Once you have died, you lose the ability to post. Do not make a “bah” post.
    9. When in doubt about the rules, do not hesitate to ask me for clarification.
Voting

1. 1. All votes and unvotes must be put in bold or with VOTE: tags. Vote tags are highly prefered.
    2. Votes made in spoilers will not be counted.
    3. Abbreviations and nicknames in votes are acceptable, as long as I can clearly tell who you are referencing.
    4. When a player reaches a majority of votes, votes are freezed and that player is eliminated. All players may continue to post up until the thread is locked.
    5. Players may vote to end the phase without an elimination. Do this by voting for a “No Elimination” with vote or bold tags.
    6. The first day phase will have a 10 day deadline. Subsequent day phases will last up to 7 days. Night phases will last for 48 hours.
Activity

1. 1. You are expected to make at least one game-relevant post every 48 hours. Players who go 48 hours without posting will be prodded.
    2. If you are prodded, you have 24 hours to post in-thread. Prod dodges do not count. If you do not respond within 24 hours, you will be replaced. Additionally, if you accumulate more than 3 prods, I will force replace you.
    3. If you are going to be V/LA, please announce it in thread or PM me. Players on V/LA are exempt from the prod rules for the duration of their V/LA.
Setup Specific
  1. 1. Scum have daytalk.
    2. Scum do not have multi-tasking.
    3. At least one player will receive the following role PM:
(spoiler=Sample Role PM)
VANILLA TOWNIEWelcome, Player! You are a
Vanilla Townie

You possess no special abilities of your own, aside from your voice and your vote.

You are aligned with the
Town

(/spoiler)

(edited as more balancing notes pop up in my head)
Last edited by implosion on Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:01 am

Post by implosion »

Primary: mastina
Secondary: northsidegal
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:05 am

Post by implosion »

Pinging this!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #18 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:22 am

Post by implosion »

Mostly would like to know if this is like, juuust there or if it'll take another iteration or two bc i'm launching NoPowerOverMe's game shortly and either this game or gypyx's will be next based on if this one is ready.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #21 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:52 am

Post by implosion »

I'll consider that passed then and put this in signups.

If you want to tweak it before it fills, feel free to, just make sure whatever version of it gets launched is approved!

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”