He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

JaeReed's Mini Normal Review

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:02 am

Post by Nexus »

In post 0, N wrote:
JaeReed wrote:1. Will be ready to run the game when I get to the top of the list
2. 13 players
3. Shouldn't be necessary
4. No prior modding experience or other modding commitments

Not sure if you want Rules and such in a separate PM but I have them all here so I put them below in spoilers.

Spoiler: Rule Post (includes Sample PM)
General Rules

All site rules are to be followed.
You may not quote any private mod communication, nor may you pretend to do so. This includes but is not limited to your Role PM, or anything posted in a PT by the mod. Paraphrasing is okay. If you are unsure on whether something has been sufficiently paraphrased please err on the side of caution and run it by me first.
You may directly quote from the game thread into any PT you have been provided for the game (such as the scum thread), but you may not quote from the PT into the main thread. You may, however, use your PT to draft a post with the intent to post it in the main thread, so long as you do not directly quote it when making the transition.
Discussing this game outside of moderator provided communication is forbidden. This includes contacting any other player via PM, Skype, or any other means to discuss anything game related.
Using provable randomness is forbidden. Saying you rolled a dice is fine; using dice tags is not.
If you have the ability to edit your posts, please refrain from doing so.
Do not attempt to impersonate the mod. I’ll be using
blue
as my mod color, so please avoid using it.
Do not be a dick. Having one is acceptable.

Activity Rules

After 48 hours of inactivity I will prod. You will then have 24 hours to post in thread before I begin searching for a replacement.
You can receive up to 3 prods; if it exceeds this I will begin searching for a replacement.
Naked prod dodges will not reset the timer. You must include some kind of game related content with your post.
Weekends will count as 1 day for activity purposes. This will not affect the deadline timer.
Prod timers will not reset overnight.
Please PM me when announcing V/LA as an extra precaution in case I miss it. If you have regular V/LA periods please make me aware of this pre-game.

Setup & Mechanics

This setup was reviewed by x for normalcy and balance.
There are
10 town
and
3 mafia
aligned players.
Day phases will be 14 days (2 weeks) long, and night phases will be 2 days (48 hours) long.
Extensions will be granted in the case of replacements, or site downtime. They will not be granted just because you can’t reach a consensus.
Lynches are based off simple majority (half the living players + 1, rounded down) voting to lynch someone. If no majority is reached by deadline, or a simple majority votes no lynch, then a no lynch will occur. At evens, half the living players is sufficient to no lynch.
Twilight begins when a lynch occurs, and lasts until I lock the thread for the flip. During this time, you may still post, including the player who has just been lynched. However, no votes or unvotes will be counted in this time.
By default, scum possess day chat. They also may use any abilities they may have along with their factional abilities on the same night.
This game uses Natural Action Resolution.

Sample Role PM

Welcome to Mini x, Player!
You are a
Vanilla Townie
You have no powers except your vote and your voice.
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one town player is still alive.
The game thread is here.
Please confirm by responding to this PM with your role and alignment.

Spoiler: Role PMs
x2
You are a
Mafia Goon
. Your partners are Name, a
Mafia Jack of All Trades
, and Name, a
Mafia Goon
You may talk with your team, day or night, in this thread.
Your team possesses a factional kill which any of you may perform during the night phase.
You win when mafia constitutes 50% of the remaining players with no other anti-town players not aligned with your faction alive, or nothing can prevent the same.
The game thread is here.

You are a
Mafia Jack of All Trades
. Your partners are Name, a
Mafia Goon
, and Name, a
Mafia Goon
You may talk with your team, day or night, in this thread.
Your abilities are:
1 shot Strongman
– You may perform this along with your factional kill in order to bypass any protective or roleblocking abilities that would otherwise prevent your kill from succeeding.
1 shot Rolecop
– You may choose a player to investigate at night for what role they are.
1 shot Roleblocker
– You may choose a player to prevent from using their night actions that night.
Your team possesses a factional kill which any of you may perform during the night phase.
You win when mafia constitutes 50% of the remaining players with no other anti-town players not aligned with your faction alive, or nothing can prevent the same.
The game thread is here.

x5
You are a
Vanilla Townie
You have no powers except your vote and your voice.
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one town player is still alive.
The game thread is here.

You are a
Town Doctor
During the night you may target one player to protect them from being killed that night.
The game thread is here.

You are a
Town Jack of All Trades
Your abilities are:
1 shot Bulletproof
– You may activate this at night to make yourself impervious to one killing action that night.
1 shot Jailkeeper
– You may choose a player to jail at night, preventing any actions by them, or on them during that night phase.
1 shot Gunsmith
– You may choose a player to investigate for a gun that night. Possible results are “Has a gun”, “Does not have a gun”, and “No result”.
You may activate only one ability per night.
The game thread is here.

You are a
Town 2-Shot Follower
During the night you may target one player to learn what type of action, if any, they performed. Possible results are “No Action”, “Blocking”, “Protective”, “Jailkeeping”, “Investigative”, “Killing”, “Miscellaneous”, and “No Result”.
The game thread is here.

You are a
Town Universal Backup Neighbour
You are neighbours with x, and can talk with them here at any time during the day or night phase.
You will inherit the role of the first town PR that dies.
The game thread is here.

You are a
Town Neighbour
You are neighbours with x, and can talk with them here at any time during the day or night phase.
The game thread is here.

Spoiler: Mod info
Setup

Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
Mafia Jack of All Trades (1 shot strongman, 1 shot rolecop, 1 shot roleblocker)

Town Doctor
Town 2 shot Follower
Town Jack of All Trades (1 shot bulletproof, 1 shot jailkeeper, 1 shot gunsmith)
Town Universal Backup Neighbour
Town Neighbour
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie

Possible Results

For Follower possible results are “No Action”, “Blocking”, “Protective”, “Jailkeeping”, “Role Investigative”, "Action Investigative", “Killing”, “Miscellaneous”, and “No Result”.
For Gunsmith possible results are "Wields a Gun", and "Does not wield a Gun".
For Rolecop possible results are "Vanilla", "Jack of All Trades", "Neighbour" "Universal Backup Neighbour", "2 Shot Follower", "Doctor"

**unsure if rolecop should return all the JOAT's abilities or just that they're a JOAT, I feel like since the actual role is JOAT and they don't return things like alignments that the finer details of the exact abilities should be left out?**
In post 1, N wrote:
JaeReed wrote:Forgot to include that if possible I'd prefer this as first post rather than rules being first. Not sure if that's allowed? Also just realized I might have needed full formatting in the last one - I was thinking of using list for the rules in the actual thread but didn't bother putting in the formatting here because I thought it wouldn't matter too much for the review? I can redo it with the full formatting if you like?

Welcome to Mini x!

Player List

Asterisk denotes a prod (*)

Alive

Spoiler:

Dead

Spoiler:
None yet!

Modkilled

Spoiler:
Hopefully none ever

Major Events

Spoiler:
Lynches, nightkills, modkills…

Vote Counts

Spoiler:
Links to all VCs for convenience

Game Topics

Spoiler:
Nice try. Wait til the end of the game.
In post 2, N wrote:
JaeReed wrote:Forgot to include that if possible I'd prefer this as first post rather than rules being first. Not sure if that's allowed? Also just realized I might have needed full formatting in the last one - I was thinking of using list for the rules in the actual thread but didn't bother putting in the formatting here because I thought it wouldn't matter too much for the review? I can redo it with the full formatting if you like?

Welcome to Mini x!

Player List

Asterisk denotes a prod (*)

Alive

Spoiler:

Dead

Spoiler:
None yet!

Modkilled

Spoiler:
Hopefully none ever

Major Events

Spoiler:
Lynches, nightkills, modkills…

Vote Counts

Spoiler:
Links to all VCs for convenience

Game Topics

Spoiler:
Nice try. Wait til the end of the game.
Last edited by Nexus on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trans rights are human rights.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:16 am

Post by Nexus »

Does it?

I would disagree.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:18 am

Post by Nexus »

Wiki: "It is worth noting that because in flavor it physically leaves the game for the Night instead of being protected somewhere in Town, Commuter is considered the ultimate in Untargetability, trumping even things like Strongman. "

You can't do the opposite of that for a Normal game, imo.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #35 (isolation #3) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:19 am

Post by Nexus »

It's a conversation I'd be happy for us to discuss outside of this thread, but as is it wouldn't be considered normal if Strongman defeated Commuter.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #51 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:41 pm

Post by Nexus »

Is this review done or are we still waiting on fferyllt's approval?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #53 (isolation #5) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Nexus »

okay, ffery hasn't responded to this so I'll be the third reviewer.

I /pass it too so you will be next in signups. Coolio

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”