N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Clumsy's Mini Normal Review

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by N »

Clumsy has a 13p mini normal to review. Please be aware all reviewers must pass the final version and this topic will be made public after the game has ended.

Reviewers: Cheery Dog, Marquis, mykonian

Clumsy wrote:I will be ready to run when my game gets to the top of the queue.
My game will be for 13 players, 3 mafia, 10 town.
I do not currently have a backup or a co-mod.
This is my first game modding! I'm not in any games right now (alive, that is), so no on site commitments.

-POST ONE-

Welcome to Mini ####!

Player list:
Player 1
Player 2
Player 3
Player 4
Player 5
Player 6
Player 7
Player 8
Player 9
Player 10
Player 11
Player 12
Player 13

Those alive:
-Players-

Those dead:
-Players-

General Rules

1. All normal site rules apply. -link- http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6470
2. You may not talk about this game outside of this thread or any Private Threads created for this game.
3. Please remain civil with each other. Things can get heated or intense, but there are several things that will NOT be tolerated. Absolutely no offensive comments or slurs based on race, gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc. I WILL force replace you.
This is my color (Blue).
Please don't use this color or attempt to impersonate me in any way. Any other color is fine as long as it isn't too close.
5. Do not quote or pretend to quote any role PM, anything from a private thread, or mod communication. You can loosely paraphrase, but please use common sense.
6. Pretending to break a rule can result in the same action being taken as actually breaking the rule.
7. Do not try to manipulate or trick the mod.
8. Any minor/simple questions or pointing out errors in vote counts can be pointed out in thread by leading with a bolded @MOD at the start of a line.
9. Any more sensitive questions can be PM'd to me. Don't hesitate to ask if you have a question, you will not bother me.
10. If your spot in the game has been compromised due to outside information, please PM me immediately without making any more posts. I will be eternally grateful for your honesty.
11. I am not perfect. If you notice anything that is incorrect, let me know.

Voting

1. Voting must be made using the vote tags VOTE: Clumsy or using bold. I greatly prefer the vote tags though.
2. Any other variation will not be counted. I will let you know in thread once (if I notice it), but only once.
3. Misspellings, acronyms, and abbreviations will be valid as long as it is clear who you are voting for. If I perceive it as a vote, it is a vote.
4. Any votes within spoiler tags or otherwise concealed will not be counted.
5. A lynch will occur when 50%+1 of the votes are cast for the same player; a No Lynch will occur when 50% of the votes are cast for that option or when there is not 50%+1 majority by deadline. When this has happened, any subsequent votes and unvotes will not be counted, and the game will enter twilight.
6. You may continue talking after a lynch or deadline has elapsed until the mod posts to end the day. After that, you may not post even if the mod forgets to lock the thread.
7. I will try to provide vote counts on a regular basis, with exception to the times when I am at work (which varies). You may request a new vote count at any time, and I will post it at my earliest convenience.

Activity/Day Night

1. Days will last two weeks. Deadline extensions will be granted only for the case of replacements, holidays, or other extreme circumstances.
2. Night phases will last for 2 days (48 hours)
3. Replacement during night phase will extend the deadline to 24 hours past the point of the replacement, whether that slot has a night action or not.
4. Actions must be PMd to me or bolded in the Scum PT for it to be accepted. If no action is selected, they will not perform an action.
5. If mafia have powers other than their factional night kill, they may perform their power and the kill at the same time.
6. Prods will be sent out after 48 hours of inactivity. These will be announced in thread. At player request (if reasonable), I can "Poke" another player. This will not count as a prod.
7. If a player does not respond IN THREAD within 24 hours or receives 3 prods, they will be replaced out. If they return before a replacement is found, they may keep playing. The next time they are prodded, however, they will be replaced and can not return.
8. If you will be unable to be active in thread for over 48 hours, please make a V/LA post in bold. As long as the time is reasonable, you will be exempt from prods.
9. Once you are dead, you may no longer post in thread. Please no 'bah' posts.

Sample Vanilla Town PMHello!

You are a Vanilla Townie.

Your powers include your voice and your vote! Use them well.

You win the game when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

Confirm your role by replying to me with your Role and Alignment.

Good luck!

-Game thread-

-POST TWO-

The local cinema, 7:30 PM showing of Action Guy 7. The moderately awaited sequel to the

mediocre series is about to have a different kind of plot twist. After the 30th samey fight scene

with the same kind of over the top explosions, the power cuts out. The dark room of the movie

theater is now pitch black, and a scream is heard. The lights come back on, and a fellow movie

goer is found dead in their seat. Panic starts, and everyone rushes to the doors. Every single one

of them, even the fire escape, is locked. You are all trapped in here with whoever committed the

murder. Everyone seems panicked and shocked enough... but somewhere, there is a killer hiding

amongst you. As the lights start to flicker again, it becomes clear you must figure out the culprit

hiding among the victims- and fast.

-STARTING VOTE COUNT-

-ALL ROLE PMS-

Hello!

Good luck!

-Game thread-

Hello!

You are a Town Watcher.

You may also PM the mod with the name of a player you would like to watch at night. You will be informed who visits them.

Good luck!

-Game thread-

Hello!

You are a 1-shot vigilante.

You may also PM the mod with the name of a player you would like to shoot at night. You have one use of this ability. Should your shot be unsuccessful for any reason, the shot will still be consumed.

Good luck!

-Game thread-

Hello!

You are a Mason with -player name-. This person is confirmed town to you. You have a private communication which is open at all times here. -link-

Good luck!

-Game thread-

Hello!

You are a Hated Townie.

It requires one less vote to lynch you. This deactivates during Lylo.

Good luck!

-Game thread-

Hello!

You are a Mafia Goon.

You arranged this takeover with the help of your Mafia partners, -player name- and -player name-

You win the game when the Mafia has 50% of remaining players, or nothing can stop this from happening.

Good luck!

-Game thread-

Hello!

You are a Mafia Roleblocker.

You arranged this takeover with the help of your Mafia partners, -player name- and -player name-

No one suspects the girl with pepper spray. But you can use it to make sure no one can stand in the way of you and your partners.

You can also PM the mod with the name of a player. That player will be peppersprayed, and roleblocked for the night.

You win the game when the Mafia has 50% of remaining players, or nothing can stop this from happening.

Good luck!

-Game thread-

Hello!

You are a Mafia Encryptor.

Also, while you are alive, the scum team may talk together in the PT during the day phase. If you die, your team loses the ability to talk during the day.

Good luck!

-Game thread-

The only hidden moderator information is the result PMs for the Watcher.

You watched -Player Name- last night (Night #).
They were visited by (player name)/No one visited your target.

This is my first game, so if I missed anything or there is any advice you/reviewers would have for me in regards to how I have set up everything here, I'm all ears! Also, is the review panel for balance as well? If so, I would like that as well. :)
Last edited by N on Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:05 am

Post by mykonian »

so:

goon
RB
encryptor

vs

watcher
mason
mason
1 shot vig
hated townie
5 vt's.

You'll need another result for the watcher, in case he got blocked (no result). Then the setup should be normal. Hated is your greylist then, but it's a fine role to have in there. That it deactivates in lylo isn't common, but it's probably fine because it's your greylist role anyway. Role PM's seem fine.

Balance wise, the 1 shot vig is probably detrimental anyway, it's a bit of an awkward role. Probably ditch it, unless you really want to play with it then it probably needs more shots. I'd be more comfortable with the setup if the mafia didn't have a roleblocker, either way it's mostly there for the watcher, and if that guy gets one guilty that's fine (bc I'm sort of assuming scum will sent their scummiest member anyway, in case of a watcher/tracker). Also, town is strong but not mighty, scum can probably do without help.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:39 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Normalancy seems fine

Balance wise; I agree with mykonian there being no need for the roleblocker. I think two goons and an encyptor wold probably balance it out fine.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:58 am

Post by Clumsy »

Last result for Watcher noted, although with the removal of RB probably won't need it.

Hated: I didn't realize it usually didn't deactivate in LyLo. I can switch it to not deactivating if you think it would work better that way.

I can ditch the RB, I put it in because I wasn't sure if town was too strong or not.

How would it be balance wise if it was the following:

2x Goon
Encryptor

vs

Watcher
2x Mason
Hated Townie
6x VT
Current game: Witch Trials Mafia, in Mini Theme Queue. 2/6 Pre-ins.

Next D&D game: In design stage.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:20 pm

Post by mykonian »

That'd be a setup I could happily pass.

I don't really mind with the hated, one way or another. It's your greylist role, the way you made it it's fine, and seems fun.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:24 pm

Post by Clumsy »

I'm also fine with the above list. And I don't really mind changing the hated thing if that's how it usually works, I just totally thought that was the default! ._.

Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:36 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I probably would have done the same thing if I were to put hated into a game.
As long as the player that receives the role knows which way it is, it doesn't matter.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:57 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Mmkay, then I think I'll make it where it doesn't deactivate (and change the Role PM to reflect that) during Lylo like Mykonian said. I'm interested to see what town will do with that situation on their hands. Should be interesting. Just need to hear from Marquis as well.

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:41 pm

Post by mykonian »

ok, we'll need some fresh role pm's then, so we can send you off to N, I think.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:34 am

Post by Clumsy »

Hello!

Good luck!

-Game thread-

Hello!

You are a Town Watcher.

You may also PM the mod with the name of a player you would like to watch at night. You will be informed who visits them.

Good luck!

-Game thread-

Hello!

You are a Mason with -player name-. This person is confirmed town to you. You have a private communication which is open at all times here. -link-

Good luck!

-Game thread-

Hello!

You are a Hated Townie.

It requires one less vote to lynch you. This does
not
deactivate during Lylo.

Good luck!

-Game thread-

Hello!

You are a Mafia Goon.

Good luck!

-Game thread-

Hello!

You are a Mafia Encryptor.

Also, while you are alive, the scum team may talk together in the PT during the day phase. If you die, your team loses the ability to talk during the day.

Good luck!

-Game thread-

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:51 am

Post by mykonian »

lovely.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:20 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Still waiting for Marquis to actually come.
Anyway since I haven't actually stated it yet, this has by approval as a reviewer here.
/pass
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:07 pm

Post by mykonian »

this is horrible. I'm sorry clumsy.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:47 pm

Post by Marquis »

the initial pm notification for this completely slipped by in my mess of an inbox. I'm so sorry.

setup is an easy /pass, and i can't find anything wrong in the rules or role PMs. so complete /pass and i'm sending this off to N now.
link in bio

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”