Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:39 am

Post by Shadow_step »

la la
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:40 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Mafia Role PMs

In post 133, Shadow_step wrote:
Spoiler: Mafia Goon

Welcome [Player], to Mini Normal ...

You are a
Mafia Goon

Abilties:

:right: Passive(Factional Communication) - You make talk anytime to your buddies here........

:right: Active(Factional Kill) - At night one of you may target a player to be killed.

Win Condition:

You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Spoiler: Mafia Odd Night Neighborizer

You are a
Mafia Odd Night Neighborizer

Abilties:

:right: Passive(Factional Communication) - You make talk anytime to your buddies here........

:right: Active
(Factional Kill) - At night one of you may target a player to be killed.
(Odd Night Neighborizer) - On odd nights you may target a player to recruit them into a Neighborhood. You will be granted a separate PT to talk to your target. You may talk there anytime you want.

Win Condition:

You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Spoiler: Mafia JOAT

You are a
Mafia Jack of all Trades

Abilties:

(JOAT):
1 Shot Tracker - You may target a player to be tracked, thus discovering who that player targeted in the same night phase.
1 Shot Roleblocker - You may target a player, preventing them from performing a night action if they have any.
1 Shot Commuter - You may commute on a night of your choice hence making all actions performed on you on that night, fail.

Win Condition:

Show

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:44 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Town Role PMs

In post 131, Shadow_step wrote:
Spoiler: rolestopper

You are a
Town Even Night Rolestopper

Abilties:

:right: Passive - None

:right: Active(Even Night Rolestopper) - On even nights you may target a player to stop all other Night actions from affecting them in any way.

Win Condition:

You win when all threats have been eliminated and there is at least one town-aligned player alive.

In post 132, Shadow_step wrote:
Spoiler: Vanilla cop

You are a
Town Vanilla Cop

Abilties:

:right: Active(Vanilla Cop) - You may target a player to check if they are Vanilla or Not Vanilla.

Win Condition:

You win when all threats have been eliminated and there is at least one town-aligned player alive.

Spoiler: Desperado

You are a
Town Novice Desperado

Abilties:

:right: Passive(Novice) - You may can not carry out your action on Day 1.

:right: Active(Desperado) - On any day excluding Day 1, you may target a player to shoot them, if your target is town aligned you will die, if your target is mafia aligned they will die. This ability can only be used once.

Win Condition:

In post 134, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 113, Shadow_step wrote:
Spoiler: Watcher Role PM

You are a
Town Ascetic 2 Shot Watcher

Abilities
:

:right: Passive(Ascetic) – During nights, any actions targeting you will fail apart from those that would kill you.

:right: Active(2 Shot Watcher) – On two nights of your choice you may target a player to be watched, you will discover which player(s) visited your target.

Win Condition
:
In post 147, Shadow_step wrote:Town 1 shot BP

Spoiler:

You are a
Town 1 Shot Bulletproof

Abilties:

:right: Passive(1 Shot Bulletproof) - All kill attempts on you in a single night will fail. You won't be told if a kill was performed on you or not.

:right: Active - None

Win Condition:

Spoiler: VT

You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilties:

:right: Active – None
Oh well you still have your intelligence to game solve and nothing to lose, go wreck those scum bastards!

Win Condition:

Show

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:58 am

Post by mastin2 »

You will be granted a separate PT to talk to your target. You may talk there anytime you want.
Does that mean each target receives a different PT?
If not, I would reword this.
1 Shot Roleblocker - You may target a player, preventing them from performing a night action if they have any.
Does that mean X-shot roles are refunded?
If not, I would reword this to be "causing any night action they would perform to fail". (The two are NOT synonymous. Preventing = stops from using; failing = it's used but fails.)
You are a Town Novice Desperado
Technically, this is two non-normal things: novice is not a Normal modifier, and Desperado is not a Normal role. I'm not quite sure on whether we can allow that. (Might be an "other reviewers" or even "To Nexus" question.) They're both IN the same role slot, but they are two different things on the same role slot.
All kill attempts on you in a single night will fail. You won't be told if a kill was performed on you or not.
I'm also not quite sure if I'm happy with this wording, though I'm not sure there's a better one. I feel like it may not be clear that what you mean is that the first night they would be killed, they will instead live.

Also, because it IS relevant to the game:
You need to define "x-shot BP vs. protection role" interactions. That being, if the BP still has its vest, and is protected by a protective role, would they use their vest, or would the protective role protect them and preserve the vest? (Given this is a rolestopper I am inclined to say the latter. However, you need a general answer--what if someone claims doctor, be it town or scum? What if someone ASKS about a doctor? And for that matter, what if someone asks about a BODYGUARD? There's also Jailkeeper to take into account. Just because those roles aren't in the game doesn't mean you shouldn't have answers for them.)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:02 am

Post by mastin2 »

And for that matter: the page on Desperado is ambiguous on whether the role is 1-shot or not.
You have it so that it is a one-shot role, but that is not something universal to it.
If the role is meant to be one-shot, I'd like that clearly stated as a modifier.
My academy.
Agnigi
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:26 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Will make the necessary adjustments in some time.
Neighborising gives a separate PT yes.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:45 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Role block part corrected

In post 151, Shadow_step wrote:
Mafia Role PMs

In post 133, Shadow_step wrote:
Spoiler: Mafia Goon

You are a
Mafia Goon

Abilties:

:right: Active(Factional Kill) - At night one of you may target a player to be killed.

Win Condition:

Spoiler: Mafia Odd Night Neighborizer

You are a
Mafia Odd Night Neighborizer

Abilties:

(Odd Night Neighborizer) - On odd nights you may target a player to recruit them into a Neighborhood. You will be granted a separate PT to talk to your target. You may talk there anytime you want.

Win Condition:

Spoiler: Mafia JOAT

You are a
Mafia Jack of all Trades

Abilties:

(JOAT):
1 Shot Tracker - You may target a player to be tracked, thus discovering who that player targeted in the same night phase.
1 Shot Roleblocker - You may target a player, causing any night action they would perform to fail.
1 Shot Commuter - You may commute on a night of your choice hence making all actions performed on you on that night, fail.

Win Condition:

Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:47 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 153, mastin2 wrote:I'm also not quite sure if I'm happy with this wording, though I'm not sure there's a better one. I feel like it may not be clear that what you mean is that the first night they would be killed, they will instead live.
Should I change it to, "you won't be told if this ability has been used up or not?"
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:50 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 152, Shadow_step wrote:
Town Role PMs

In post 147, Shadow_step wrote:Town 1 shot BP

Spoiler:

You are a
Town 1 Shot Bulletproof

Abilties:

:right: Passive(1 Shot Bulletproof) - All kill attempts on you in a single night will fail. You won't be told if this ability has been used up or not.

:right: Active - None

Win Condition:

Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:53 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Desperado Role PM changed to clarify it is "1 Shot"

In post 152, Shadow_step wrote:
Town Role PMs

Spoiler: Desperado

You are a
Town Novice 1 Shot Desperado

Abilties:

:right: Passive(Novice) - You may can not carry out your action on Day 1.

:right: Active(1 Shot Desperado) - Once on any day excluding Day 1, you may target a player to shoot them, if your target is town aligned you will die, if your target is mafia aligned they will die.

Win Condition:

Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:58 am

Post by Shadow_step »

I can maybe change the modifier on Desperado to Day 2 Desperado so that I don't need to use Novice

Also
*Accio Nexus*
Show

Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:23 am

Post by Nexus »

What? I'll go with the majority of the reviewers with the desperado role and maybe something we can discuss after the game.
Trans rights are human rights.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:25 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

I thinkthe question is whether it's ok for one role to be nonstandard AND have nonstandard modifiers (like a super graylist role) wrt normal guidelines. I admit to not being an expert on that front so can't really answer.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:25 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Mastin was asking if deperado a non normal role + giving it a novice modifier which is again non normal is okay or not?
Show

Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:27 am

Post by Nexus »

I mean, it's non-normal regardless?

I think it's fine and will take the flak.
Trans rights are human rights.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:28 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Cool thanks
Show

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:22 am

Post by mastin2 »

That's good enough for me.
My academy.
Agnigi
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:32 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

So the game can enter sign ups?
Show

mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:06 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

I think we should let this game marinate a few more months :P
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:15 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Actual notes:

1) How does the desperado active his action? HURT: PLAYER? A PM to the mod? Something else? I'd actually explicitly lay out mechanically how it's supposed to work ahead of time (especially whether it's something he posts publicly to activate or not)

2) 1-shot BP: I don't know that it matters given lack of vig, but I think it's usually worded that the first kill attempt fials (i.e. if scum and vig target bp, bp dies). Nitpick and not vital, but I think I'd prefer the other way to be safe

3) Vanilla cop: Please clarify in role PM that it's at night (super nitpick there fwiw.. but you may get a total newb randing it)

4) Win con nitpick: what happens if parity is reached after night but the desperado still has his shot left? Like, that clearly should never happen, but should we worry about if it does? Because technically, that doens't lock in a scum win since desperado could still shoot during the day and turn the game around.

5) Maybe link the site rules in your OP general rules #1 post, just in case you have total newbs signing up?

Those are mainly nitpicks though, I think it's good to go into signups, since either way those are easy to resolve.
Show
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:34 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

The win con is properly worded for that, Mafia win when one of them is alive and everyone else is dead or nothing can prevent that. So if they go into the day in equal numbers, mafia haven't won if the Desp is still alive.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:39 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Desperado action. I'll include that they have to send me a PM.
I'll put in a minimum requirement of having completed 1 game on the site at least to avoid complete noobs signing up.
Show

mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:39 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

k. i'd still say it's important to clarify how the desperado power activates, and to make sure little things like night roles are noted as being night roles for potential newbs, are taken care of.
Show
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:46 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

I prefer the 1 shot BP to survive all the shots on one night. I mean even if the vig/skpmafia shoot him on one night he survives and loses his vest.
Show

mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:52 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

since there's no vig or double kill power it doesn't really matter i guess, as long as someone else can verify that's acceptably normal role pm language
Show

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”