Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:34 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Welcome, [insert player name here], you are a
Town Watcher

Abilities:

• During the night, you may target a player and receive the name of anybody who targeted the same player. If nobody targeted the same player, you will receive, "Did not see anything."

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Game thread is here. Confirm by replying to this PM with your role name.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:36 am

Post by Boonskiies »

For the bunyip, "Vanilla" and "Not Vanilla".

Gunsmith "Guilty" on the Vig's, and the mafia, but "Not Guilty" on the Bunyips and everything else.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:37 am

Post by Boonskiies »

unless Bunyip's make it into the PT, then they get "Guilty", as they could then kill.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:46 am

Post by Boonskiies »

The traitor's don't fill the doctor role, really. It just causes their Vanilla results to become bulletproof, in a JK like sense. I wanted scum to be able to slyly communicate with potential NK's, or with the strongman shots going through it, to help each other figure out their partners, since it's a double traitor setup. I just really liked the potential to block the other scum teams potential kill (whilst at the same time, potentially doing it to your own teammates.) Now that town doesn't have any protective roles, I kind of like it, so they'd have to worry about potentially trying not protect town.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:47 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Town Gunsmith

Abilities:

• During the night phase, you may investigate one player. If your target has a gun, you will receive a "Guilty" result.
If your target does not have a gun, you will receive a "Not Guilty" result.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:52 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Pink Mafia Non-Consecutive Ascetic-Roleblocker

Abilities:

• During the night, you may target someone to roleblock. You may not do this on consecutive nights.
• On any night where you use your roleblock, you are also immune to all night actions. You can still be killed.
• Your private thread is here.

Win condition:

You win when you control more than 50% of the population or if this situation can no longer be prevented.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:08 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Updating Role Breakdown

Town:

9x VT
Night 1 vig
Night 2 vig
non-consecutive commuter
Watcher
Gunsmith
Innocent Child

Mafia 1:

Bunyip (Traitor Neapolitan Vanilla Only Doctor)
Non-Consecutive Commuter
Even-Night Strongman

Mafia 2:

Non-Consecutive Ascetic-Roleblocker
Odd-Night Strongman

I believe all my Role PM's are up to date, also.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:16 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Worst case scenario I feel for town is that they lose the Watcher/Night 1 Vig/IC first turn, and even then they have some ways to manage with the scum team. Worst Case scenario for scum is they lose their traitor/non consecutive PR Night 1, (which is a reason that Mafia 1 gets the Even-Night Strongman), which would be hard for the solo scum leftover, but not impossible.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:20 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I don't feel any of the factions are inherently overpowered, and when I go into sign-ups, I will post my flavor for the game along with an "advised not your first game" disclaimer. I guarantee that once the game starts someone will make a joke in the thread "Bastard game incoming" for some reason or another. I have a good amount of advertising done, I feel for the game already.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:27 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Complete List of all Role PM's, Updated
Spoiler:
9x
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

• During the day, you can vote and talk
• You do nothing special.

Win condition:

Town Watcher

Abilities:

• During the night, you may target a player and receive the name of anybody who targeted the same player. If nobody targeted the same player, you will receive, "Did not see anything."

Win condition:

Town Night 1 Vigilante

Abilities:

• During the first night phase of the game, you may choose to kill a player by PM'ing the mod.

Win condition:

Town Night 2 Vigilante

Abilities:

• During the second night phase of the game, you may choose to kill a player by PM'ing the mod.

Win condition:

Town Non-Consecutive Commuter

Abilities:

• During the night phase, you may choose to commute. You will then become untargetable from all actions. You may not do this on consecutive nights.

Win condition:

Town Gunsmith

Abilities:

• During the night phase, you may investigate one player. If your target has a gun, you will receive a "Guilty" result. If the target does not have a gun, you will receive "Not Guilty".

Win condition:

Town Innocent Child

Abilities:

• You are confirmed town! This will be announced by the mod at the beginning of the game.

Win condition:

Black Mafia Bunyip

Abilities:

• Your partners have no idea who you are, but they know of your existence. This obviously implies you do not have access to your faction's private thread. You do know that [insert Non-Consecutive Commuter partner name here] is one of your partners.
• At night, you may target a player by PM'ing the mod. You will recieve "Vanilla" or "Not Vanilla", depending on if they are Vanilla. If your target is Vanilla, you will also grant them bulletproof for the night.
• You will be recruited into your faction's private thread and be granted access to make the kill if you are targeted by your team's factional kill or you target your unknown partner.
• Come all of your partners' demise, you will then be brought into the private thread and granted the factional kill ability.

Win condition:

You win when you control more than 50% of the population or if this situation can no longer be prevented.

Black Mafia Non-Consecutive Commuter

Abilities:

• During the night phase, you may choose to commute. You will then become untargetable from all actions. You may not do this on consecutive nights.

Win condition:

Black Mafia Even-Night Strongman

Abilities:

• During any even night, if you are making the factional kill, it will be a strongman kill.

Win condition:

Pink Mafia Bunyip

Abilities:

• Your partners have no idea who you are, but they know of your existence. This obviously implies you do not have access to your faction's private thread. You do know that [insert Ascetic Roleblocker partner name here] is one of your partners.
• At night, you may target a player by PM'ing the mod. You will recieve "Vanilla" or "Not Vanilla", depending on if they are Vanilla. If your target is Vanilla, you will also grant them bulletproof for the night.
• You will be recruited into your faction's private thread and be granted access to make the kill if you are targeted by your team's factional kill or you target your unknown partner.
• Come all of your partners' demise, you will then be brought into the private thread and granted the factional kill ability.

Win condition:

Pink Mafia Non-Consecutive Ascetic-Roleblocker

Abilities:

• During the night, you may target someone to roleblock. You may not do this on consecutive nights.
• On any night where you use your roleblock, you are also immune to all night actions. You can still be killed.

Win condition:

Pink Mafia Odd-Night Strongman

Abilities:

• During any odd night, if you are making the factional kill, it will be a strongman kill.
• Your private thread is here

Win condition:

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:31 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Commenting on the compulsive thing stated earlier, none of my roles are compulsive. I feel like you were referring to my Vig's? They don't have to shoot if they don't want to. They are basically just limited Odd-Night/Even-Night.

And there's a max of three kills only for the first nights, and every night after that 2 would be the max.

I personally don't think it's that complex of a game, besides the Traitor roles, which is a fun thing I really wanted to have in the game.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:38 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

The StrongMan's are non factors in the game, due to town not having protective roles, but they allow for the potential for the scum teams to play with each other with the Bunyip protection on their off nights. Or accidental. It's close to a non factor, as you stated, but I would prefer them have that ability than get rid of it. It gives the Watcher the ability to watch, and if a strongman shot can hit through a traitor making a VT BP, and the watcher sees them both, and the kill happens still...OH...I'm getting excited just thinking about it!

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:04 pm

Post by Empking »

I don't have a problem with the strongmen.

However, a passive role being non-consecutive - turning it into an active role - or being linked to the taking of another action does not seem quite normal to me.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:12 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I can get rid of the ascetic? I feel like I've seen a similar role to it, though. But I'm willing to get rid of the ascetic there.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:15 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

This is what I was thinking of that was similar, but I don't think it is actually.

Yeah, I'm willing to make it Non-Consecutive Roleblocker. Or if it needs the ascetic, Odd-Night-Only-Ascetic X-Shot RB? That's too much seeming, though. Does Non-Consecutive RB'er work?

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:31 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

We could go Ninja RBer?

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:32 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 35, Boonskiies wrote:Commenting on the compulsive thing stated earlier, none of my roles are compulsive
I know -- your ruleset seemed to make it impossible for them to exist, is what i was saying
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:27 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Ohhhh, I get what you were saying now.

I can add to the end of the rule "unless your role specifically requires an action, in which case a randomizer will be used to complete the action."

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:25 pm

Post by Cephrir »

That'll do it
Bartleby the Scrivener
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Is everything solid now? If town has too much, I can take out the IC.

And I'm assuming that the RB'er is now just Non-Consecutive, not ascetic.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:50 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Pink Mafia Non-Consecutive Roleblocker

Abilities:

Win condition:

Updated here.

Am I good to go?

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:01 am

Post by Cephrir »

I guess. To be honest, I don't know how to balance multiball, so I guess I'll just go with it. What do the rest of yall think?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:28 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Pink Mafia Non-Consecutive Roleblocker

Abilities:

Win condition:

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:28 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Updated my roleblocker PM.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:02 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Oh, LOL, I had already updated my roleblocker PM. Meant to do the breakdown.

Updating Role Breakdown

Town:

9x VT
Night 1 vig
Night 2 vig
non-consecutive commuter
Watcher
Gunsmith
Innocent Child

Mafia 1:

Non-Consecutive Commuter
Even-Night Strongman

Mafia 2:

Non-Consecutive Roleblocker
Odd-Night Strongman

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”