Pronoun: He

nancy's Mini Normal review

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:22 pm

Post by Nexus »

nancy wrote:1. Will be ready.
2. 13
3. Open 10:3
4. MathBlade
5. No prior experience, no current modding commitments.

Opening posts:

POST ONE

Welcome to Mini 1XXX

Special thanks to (reviewers) and backup mod MathBlade for being awesomeness.

Player list:

1. XXXX
2. etc.

* = prod

Spoiler: Living
1. XXXX
etc.

Spoiler: Deceased
<your name here>

Spoiler: Naughty Peoples
No way!

Spoiler: Happenings
Nothing happened.

POST TWO

Rules & Mechanics

Spoiler: Basics
~ Site rules apply
~ Don't quote from mod communication or private topics.
~ Don't communicate about this game outside of the game thread except as allowed by mod. Don't discuss other ongoing games.
~ Don't edit.
~ Come to mod with real problems and mod will solve them. But I'd prefer not to have to get involved and just let players play.
~ Don't be naughty cause I don't wanna have to spank you.. but I will >:[

Spoiler: Me
~ Fun is mandatory. You are not allowed to not have fun. Not having fun includes, among other things, yelling or cursing at other players or at yourself, being mean-spirited or uncivil, disrespecting other players or yourself, and feeling traumatized by any happenings in-game. Gentle mod warnings may be incurred for severe cases of not having fun.
~ Problems will be solved by discussion first, potential action only if necessary. PM the mod with any questions, concerns, queries, or deliberations.
~ Mod!nancy reserves the right to use the color
00BFFF
~ Attract the mod's attention by using
@mod
or just
fat words
~ No provable randomness, nor encryption, nor hidden or tiny (size <75) text, nor any other remotely unsportsmanlike gaming in thread.
~ English language only, lo siento.

Spoiler: Activity
~ Don't be inactive m'kay?
~ Prods after 48 hours, replacey 24 hours following prod. 3 prods means replacey.
~ PM the mod for V/LAs.
~ Deadlines are 14 by Day, 48 by Night.
~ Replaceys postpone Night deadline upon request of the replacer.
~ Deadline extensions or skips may be granted upon consensus request where appropriate.

Spoiler: Mechanics
~ Setup reviewed and approved for balanced and normalcy by (so-and-sos).
~ Confirmed 10:3 distribution.
~ NAR in use.
~ Majority lynches. If no majority is achieved by deadline, no lynch occurs by default.
~ One scumslot may not perform the factional kill and perform a NA on the same night.

Spoiler: Sample Role PM
Hello <playerperson> and welcomes to Mini 1XXX! You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:
Vote and voice. Use both well to catch scums.

WC: You wins when all threats are eliminated and at least one Town-aligned slot remains to tell the tale.

Game thread (<link). Please confirm via PM with role name and alignment before posting in thread.

Have fun!

Role PMs:

Spoiler: Vanilla Townie
Hello <player> and welcomes to Mini 1XXX! You are a
Vanilla Townie
. You win and lose with Town.

Abilities:
Vote and voice. Use both well to catch scums.

WC: You wins when all threats to Town are eliminated and at least one Town-aligned slot remains to tell the tale.

Game thread (<link). Please confirm via PM with role name and alignment before posting in thread.

Have fun!

Spoiler: 2-shot Weak Neighborizer
2-shot Weak Neighborizer

Abilities:
Twice per game, you can target a player during the Night and form a neighborhood with them.

WC: You wins when all threats to Town are eliminated and at least one Town-aligned slot remains to tell the tale.

Have fun!

Spoiler: Encryptor Neighbor
Hello <player> and welcomes to Mini 1XXX! You are an
Encryptor Neighbor

Abilities:
You are neighors with _______. You'll find them over in the neighborhood PT (<link).
As long as you are alive, any PT you are in has daytalk.

Have fun!

Spoiler: Jailkeeper Neighbor
Jailkeeper Neighbor

Abilities:
You are neighors with _______. You'll find them over in the neighborhood PT (<link).
Each night, you may target one player. Your target will be roleblocked and protected from nightkills.

Have fun!

Spoiler: Gunsmith
Gunsmith

Abilities:
Each night, you may target one player. You will receive a report indicating whether your target possesses guns or not.

Have fun!

Spoiler: Vigilante
Vigilante

Abilities:
Each night, you may target one player to pow with wepuns.

Have fun!

Spoiler: 1-shot Doctor
1-shot Doctor
. You win and lose with the mefias, and your partners in crime are ______ and ______. You'll find them over in the scum PT (<link).

Abilities:
Once per game, you may target a player to protect from deaths that Night.

WC: You wins when the silly groupthinkers aka Town are all deathed or cannot prevent the same.

Have fun!

Spoiler: 1-shot Follower
1-shot Follower
. You win and lose with the mefias, and your partners in crime are ______ and ______. You'll find them over in the scum PT (<link).

Abilities:
Once per game, you may target a player to learn what ability they use that Night.

WC: You wins when the silly groupthinkers aka Town are all deathed or cannot prevent the same.

Have fun!

Spoiler: 1-shot Neapolitan
1-shot Neapolitan

Abilities:
Once per game, you may target a player to learn if they are vanilla or not.

Have fun!

NA results:

Spoiler:
Neapolitan targets PR successfully: You receive a report indicating that <player> is not vanilla.
Neapolitan targets VT successfully: You receive a report indicating that <player> is vanilla.
Neapolitan roleblocked: No result.
Follower targets non-NA/roleblocked target: You followed <player> and saw them do nothing last Night.
Follower targets Neighborizer: You followed <player> and saw them neighborize last Night.
Follower targets Jailkeerp: You followed <player> and saw them jail last Night.
Follower targets Gunsmith: You followed <player> and saw them check for guns last Night.
Follower targets Vigilante: You followed <player> and saw them shooting last Night.
Follower roleblocked: No result.
Gunsmith targets non-owner: You receive a report indicating that <player> doesn't have guns.
Gunsmith targets owner: You receive a report indicating that <player> has guns.
Gunsmith roleblocked: No result.
Neighborizer targets Town: You have neighborized <player>. You'll find them over in your new neighborhood PT (<link).
Neighborizer targets scum: Ouch! You died. Sorry. On the bright side, you may now visit the graveyard (<link).
Death: Ouch! You died. Sorry. On the bright side, you may now visit the graveyard (<link).

Setup:

-- Town
2-shot Weak Neighborizer
Encryptor Neighbor
Jailkeeper Neighbor
Gunsmith
Vigilante
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie

-- Scum
1-shot Doctor
1-shot Follower
1-shot Neapolitan

Unless I've neglected something (I probably have), that should cover it. Thanks Nexus.
Last edited by Nexus on Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Trans rights are human rights.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:53 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

One quick note is that all scum roles being one-shot, and all of those being theoretically things that ought to be claimable, is probably something they might end up claiming over the course of the game and being outed for since only scum have 1-shot roles. I'm somewhat inclined to suggest that scum be given a full roleblocker instead of either the follow or neapolitan, especially since as given town has a jailkeeper, gunsmith AND vigilante, plus an effective masonizer which is fairly strong I think.

But overall gut says a bit too townsided as currently constructued.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:55 am

Post by Nexus »

we have a bonus reviwer.
Trans rights are human rights.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:01 am

Post by Empking »

Scum PMs should say that they can only speak at night. Not sure what I think about the scum wincon or the three one-shots.

I think the JK neighbour should probably be told of his partner's encryptorness. Not sure what I think about the neighbouriser-encryptor interaction.

I think the game is also rather town-favoured. You could probably drop any two town power roles and have it be more balanced.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:18 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Oh dear this gained a lot of prs since last time I looked at it T:
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:50 am

Post by nancy »

In post 1, mhsmith0 wrote:One quick note is that all scum roles being one-shot, and all of those being theoretically things that ought to be claimable, is probably something they might end up claiming over the course of the game and being outed for since only scum have 1-shot roles. I'm somewhat inclined to suggest that scum be given a full roleblocker instead of either the follow or neapolitan, especially since as given town has a jailkeeper, gunsmith AND vigilante, plus an effective masonizer which is fairly strong I think.

But overall gut says a bit too townsided as currently constructued.
I'm presuming scum would be smart enough to not claim their PRs? Except /maybe/ the doctor.

I want all scum to be PRs to disincentivize bussing and I'm opposed to a full RB as a thing because I think it's probably overpowered and encourages goon bussing.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:51 am

Post by nancy »

In post 2, Nexus wrote:we have a bonus reviwer.
Hooray!! ^_^
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:53 am

Post by nancy »

In post 3, Empking wrote:Scum PMs should say that they can only speak at night. Not sure what I think about the scum wincon or the three one-shots.

I think the JK neighbour should probably be told of his partner's encryptorness. Not sure what I think about the neighbouriser-encryptor interaction.

I think the game is also rather town-favoured. You could probably drop any two town power roles and have it be more balanced.
Thanks I kind of rushed the role PMs.

Do you see giving scum more power as an alternative to ditching Town power?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:53 am

Post by nancy »

I mean I have like 5 variations on this setup in my mod PM.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:57 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 3, Empking wrote:Scum PMs should say that they can only speak at night.
Disagree, especially if role PMs are flipped. Now, you CAN say "can talk at night" since an encryptor would override that (if there was one), but ONLY at night reveals no encryptor, and town doesn't need that info.
Not sure what I think about the scum wincon or the three one-shots.
Scum wincon phrased a bit odd but I don't think I hate it. The three one-shots of semi villagery roles is a bit odd though fwiw.
I think the JK neighbour should probably be told of his partner's encryptorness.
Why? I don't see why one player is entitled to that information; not like the encryptor gets to know the other is JK.
Not sure what I think about the neighbouriser-encryptor interaction.

Agree on at least one town PR. Wouldn't outright drop a 2nd, as towns should always have three PRs (and neighbor isn't a PR), but dropping one and gating one might be ok. Or scum could get more power. Either way there is rebalancing needed, but which direction depends on nancy's preference.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:59 am

Post by nancy »

-- Town
2-shot Weak Neighborizer
Encryptor Neighbor
Jailkeeper Neighbor
Vigilante
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie

-- Scum
1-shot Doctor
2-shot Neapolitan
1-shot Roleblocker

????
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:01 am

Post by nancy »

Full flips yes.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:02 am

Post by nancy »

Could ditch Maf Doc if Gunsmith gone. Role was half there for false negative on copshot.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:05 am

Post by nancy »

Btw I don't know Normal rules wrt Encryptors. Is there a way to make all Town hoods have daytalk? Ie all the hoods made by neighborizer also? Or can it only be the hoods in which encryptor is in?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:05 am

Post by nancy »

In post 8, nancy wrote:I mean I have like 5 variations on this setup in my mod PT.
Edit.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:07 am

Post by nancy »

In post 9, mhsmith0 wrote:Scum wincon phrased a bit odd but I don't think I hate it.
Say how I can make it better?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:07 am

Post by nancy »

Oh LOL I forgot I wrote it like that lmaooooooo
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:09 am

Post by nancy »

You win when Town are all ded or can no prevent el same-o is just me copying other scum wincons I've seen, seems straightforward I thought?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:09 am

Post by nancy »

You win when you have majority voting power over Town or Town cannot prevent the same.

?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:10 am

Post by Empking »

In post 9, mhsmith0 wrote:Why? I don't see why one player is entitled to that information; not like the encryptor gets to know the other is JK.
I'll rephrase that: The Jailkeeper needs to know that he able to post in his PT during the day.

That latest set up seems balanced.

You could certainly have a Town Dayralk Enabler to replace the Encryptor.

P-Edit: yeah, that last one is a fine win con.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:10 am

Post by nancy »

Like it's confirmed 10:3 so it's not like I need to pretend there could be other scum.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:12 am

Post by nancy »

Btw MiniDeathStar replaces MathBlade as backup/co-mod.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:13 am

Post by nancy »

Spoiler: SCUM ROLE
X-shot Mafia Blahblah

Abilities:
X times per game, you may do a thingy.

WC: You win when you have majority voting power over Town or Town cannot prevent the same.

Have fun!
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:15 am

Post by nancy »

I think I won't include anything wrt daytalk in JK PM because it gives scum more info on flip.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:15 am

Post by nancy »

Unless I don't do full flips.

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”