Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 2:54 am

Post by Firebringer »

I am fine with it like that then I guess:
Approved with Fire

I was bothered by full role cop since I didn't think scum needed it, I don't think this is town sided or scum sided so I would say its reasonably balanced. Personally with the way town has been playing lately, Id say scum has higher chance of winning this, but who knows.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 8:19 am

Post by mastina »

Technically we should get a repost of all role PMs before approval, which I would insist on--details can and will be caught by doing so, so it's a necessary formality for me.
But I don't have balance-concerns.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 3:21 pm

Post by implosion »

Setup wrote:
Loyal Friendly Neighbor
Rolestopper
Backup Rolestopper
Motion Detector Neighbor
Neighbor
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
Mafia Night Two Rolecop
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon

Only difference is changing rolecop and friendly neighbor PMs. Interactions are still same; let me know if I should change them.

opening post
Mini Normal NUMBER: WITTY TITLE

Spoiler: Alive
PLAYERS

Spoiler: Dead
No one yet!

Spoiler: second (rules) post
General Rules
  1. The Basics

2. All site-wide rules apply.
  3. Play to your win condition.
  4. Do not privately communicate with other players about this game, except where explicitly allowed.
  5. Be respectful of other players; do not insult them. Attack the argument, not the person.
  6. Do not quote your role PM; do not quote any private communication with other players. Do not pretend to quote your role PM or any private communication, as doing so will be treated as if you actually quoted them. Paraphrasing either of these is fine.
  7. Do not use provable randomness.
  8. Do not use cryptography, robust steganography, invisible text, etc.
  9. As the moderator, I reserve the right to make any judgment call I deem fit, regardless of whether or not any explicit rule exists.
  1. During the Day

2. Day phases will last 12 days.
  3. During the day, votes must be posted with either
    bold tags
    or VOTE: tags. Don't try to get tricky; if it looks like a vote and is bolded, I will count it as a vote. Any attempt to abuse voting with trick votes or fake votes will be punished harshly.
  4. When a majority of votes is reached, that player will be lynched. If no majority exists at deadline, no lynch will occur.
  5. Prods will be issued upon 48 hours of inactivity; if unanswered after 24 hours, I will begin seeking a replacement. If the player posts in thread before a replacement is found, they will retain their spot.
  6. I may or may not grant deadline extensions if asked.
  1. During the Night

2. All nights will last 48 hours.
  3. All night actions must be received by the deadline; if no action is received, or if an action is received after the deadline, no action will be taken.
  1. Setup specifications

2. Unless otherwise specified, private topics are only open at night.
  3. Any mafia member who has a night action other than their nightkill may both use that action and kill on the same night.

Sample Role PM
Welcome to Mini Normal NUMBER, NAME!
You are a
Vanilla Townie
Your only powers are your voice and your vote.
You win when all anti-town players are dead and at least one town member is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.
Confirm by sending me a PM stating your role and alignment.

Spoiler: Role PMs
You are a
Vanilla Townie
You win when all anti-town players are dead and at least one town member is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.
You are a
Town Loyal Friendly Neighbor
During the night, you may target a player. That player will be informed that you are aligned with the town. If that player is not aligned with the town, your action will fail. You will not be informed if your action fails.
You are a
Town Rolestopper
During the night, you may target a player. All other actions (including kills) that target that player that night will fail.
You are a
Town Backup Rolestopper
If a rolestopper dies during the game, you will become a rolestopper.
If you become a rolestopper, during the night, you may target a player. All other actions (including kills) that target that player that night will fail.
You are a
Town Neighbor
You are in a neighborhood with PLAYER. You may talk with them at night here: LINK
You are a
Town Neighbor Motion Detector
You are in a neighborhood with PLAYER. You may talk with them at night here: LINK
During the night, you may target a player. You will be informed whether or not you see any motion on that player. You will see motion if either that player acts that night, or another player other than you targets that player that night.
You are a
Mafia Goon
, along with NAME (who is also a goon), and NAME (who is a rolecop).
You may talk with the other mafia members at night here: LINK
As a faction, at night, one of you may kill a player.
You win when all players not aligned with you are dead and at least one player aligned with you is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.
You are a
Mafia Night Two Rolecop
, along with NAME and NAME (who are both goons).
On night two, you may target a player and learn their role. You may kill and use this ability in the same night if desired.
You win when all players not aligned with you are dead and at least one player aligned with you is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Spoiler: Interactions etc
A player is still considered to have acted for the purpose of the motion detector even if their action fails (either because of the loyal modifier or because of the rolestoppers).
No daytalk for mafia or neighborhood.
Rolecop gets full role name: Neighbor on the neighbor, Motion Detector Neighbor on it, Rolestopper on the rolestopper, lfn on the lfn. If the rolecop targets the backup rolestopper, then they get "rolestopper" if they've become an actual rolestopper, "backup rolestopper" otherwise. Kills resolve before investigations, so if they kill the rolestopper and investigate the backup, they will receive a result of "rolestopper."
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 5:50 pm

Post by mastina »

You are a Mafia Goon, along with NAME (who is also a goon), and NAME (who is a rolecop).
^Case 'n' point, this should be N2 rolecop.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 6:02 pm

Post by implosion »

ssssh :p
Setup wrote:
Loyal Friendly Neighbor
Rolestopper
Backup Rolestopper
Motion Detector Neighbor
Neighbor
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
Mafia Night Two Rolecop
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
opening post
Mini Normal EVEN BETTER NUMBER: EVEN WITTIER TITLE

THE BEST PLAYERS

No one yet!

General Rules
  1. The Basics

4. Do not privately communicate with other players about this game, except where explicitly allowed.
  5. Be respectful of other players; do not insult them. Attack the argument, not the person.
  6. Do not quote your role PM; do not quote any private communication with other players. Do not pretend to quote your role PM or any private communication, as doing so will be treated as if you actually quoted them. Paraphrasing either of these is fine.
  9. As the moderator, I reserve the right to make any judgment call I deem fit, regardless of whether or not any explicit rule exists.
  1. During the Day

bold tags
    or VOTE: tags. Don't try to get tricky; if it looks like a vote and is bolded, I will count it as a vote. Any attempt to abuse voting with trick votes or fake votes will be punished harshly.
  4. When a majority of votes is reached, that player will be lynched. If no majority exists at deadline, no lynch will occur.
  5. Prods will be issued upon 48 hours of inactivity; if unanswered after 24 hours, I will begin seeking a replacement. If the player posts in thread before a replacement is found, they will retain their spot.
  1. During the Night

3. All night actions must be received by the deadline; if no action is received, or if an action is received after the deadline, no action will be taken.
  1. Setup specifications

2. Unless otherwise specified, private topics are only open at night.
  3. Any mafia member who has a night action other than their nightkill may both use that action and kill on the same night.

Sample Role PM
You are a
Vanilla Townie

You are a
Vanilla Townie
You are a
During the night, you may target a player. That player will be informed that you are aligned with the town. If that player is not aligned with the town, your action will fail. You will not be informed if your action fails.
You are a
Town Rolestopper
During the night, you may target a player. All other actions (including kills) that target that player that night will fail.
You are a
Town Backup Rolestopper
If you become a rolestopper, during the night, you may target a player. All other actions (including kills) that target that player that night will fail.
You are a
Town Neighbor
You are a
During the night, you may target a player. You will be informed whether or not you see any motion on that player. You will see motion if either that player acts that night, or another player other than you targets that player that night.
You are a
Mafia Goon
, along with NAME (who is also a goon), and NAME (who is a night two rolecop).
You are a
Mafia Night Two Rolecop
On night two, you may target a player and learn their role. You may kill and use this ability in the same night if desired.

A player is still considered to have acted for the purpose of the motion detector even if their action fails (either because of the loyal modifier or because of the rolestoppers).
Rolecop gets full role name: Neighbor on the neighbor, Motion Detector Neighbor on it, Rolestopper on the rolestopper, lfn on the lfn. If the rolecop targets the backup rolestopper, then they get "rolestopper" if they've become an actual rolestopper, "backup rolestopper" otherwise. Kills resolve before investigations, so if they kill the rolestopper and investigate the backup, they will receive a result of "rolestopper."
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 6:29 am

Post by mastina »

Yep, good to my eye.
/pass.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 6:33 am

Post by Firebringer »

Still
Passed with Fire
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 7:41 am

Post by Empking »

I think a strict reading of the normal guidelines would have failed-loyalists not act.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2017 11:52 am

Post by implosion »

Clarify?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2017 3:32 am

Post by Empking »

In post 33, implosion wrote:Clarify?
Loyal "It causes the role to behave as though it were roleblocked unless the target has the same alignment as the user."
Roleblocker "In practice, roleblocked abilities are simply considered to have never happened. Thus, roles such as Tracker, Watcher, and Paranoid Gun Owner do not work if they Track/Watch/are targeted by Roleblocked actions."
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2017 8:49 am

Post by implosion »

Cool. Missed that line in the wiki, glad to see there's an explicit ruling.
Made one other change: added a clause "and for the first 48 hours of d1" to when private topics are open.
Setup wrote:
Loyal Friendly Neighbor
Rolestopper
Backup Rolestopper
Motion Detector Neighbor
Neighbor
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
Mafia Night Two Rolecop
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
opening post
Mini Normal EVEN BETTER NUMBER: EVEN WITTIER TITLE

THE BEST PLAYERS

No one yet!

General Rules
  1. The Basics

1. During the Day

bold tags
  1. During the Night

1. Setup specifications

2. Unless otherwise specified, private topics are only open at night and for the first 48 hours of day 1.

Sample Role PM
You are a
Vanilla Townie

You are a
Vanilla Townie
You are a
You are a
Town Rolestopper
You are a
Town Backup Rolestopper
You are a
Town Neighbor
You are a
You are a
Mafia Goon
, along with NAME (who is also a goon), and NAME (who is a night two rolecop).
You are a
Mafia Night Two Rolecop

A player is not considered to have acted for the purpose of the motion detector if their action fails (either because of the loyal modifier or because of the rolestoppers). The motion detector will see no motion in either of these cases (unless they see motion for some other reason).
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2017 7:58 pm

Post by Empking »

Rolestopper targets are treated like ascetics and actions taken again ascetics are supposed to happen (trackabe/watchable).
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 8:40 pm

Post by implosion »

I really don't think it's a good idea to resolve them differently. The page for ascetic is somewhat ambiguous because it explicitly states both what you say, and "More precisely, Ascetic reflexively Roleblocks all actions taken against them except kills" which in conjunction with what you said earlier about roleblocking implies that it should not be seen.

I think it's too confusing to resolve a roleblocker and a rolestopper's effects differently. Rolestopper's page does only say it's "effectively" an ascetic bulletproof, and i think in this edge case it should be treated like they were roleblocked, not like they're an ascetic.

It doesn't make sense for there to be two different ways for an action to "fail."
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2017 10:20 am

Post by Empking »

I don't disagree. I'll /approve

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”