Pronoun: He

Boonskiies' Mini Normal

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2017 5:35 am

Post by Nexus »

Boonskiies wrote:1. Yes, I will.
2. 13
3. Closed. 10-3
4. None
5. My Large Normal game will most likely be in the middle of running at the time.

My Personal Disclaimer that I will be adding to my opening post of the normal games that I put into
The BooneyToonz series was created by me to play with unique and interesting roles specifically in Normal games. My goal with all BooneyToonz games is to create unique normal setups with new and unheard of variant roles without overstepping the boundary of normal game limits or mechanics. Any role that is created will be completely thought out and balanced in a way that I feel fits into what are normal game limitations, along with the idea of what a normal game should be. Don't get the wrong idea; this series is NOT about making a game with a bunch of strong power roles or a role madness game within a normal game. There may very well be as little as one power role, or even none at all. All this being said, I will always have this disclaimer for every game in my BooneyToonz series.

Rules

Spoiler:
Rules

The Basics:

1] Play to win. Nobody wants to be a loser.
2] Do not take screenshots or directly quote any of the PMs that I send you. Doing so will result in a mod-kill. Pretending to break this rule is the same as actually breaking it. You may paraphrase, but use caution. When in doubt, run it by me first.
3] Do not edit any of your posts, if you have the ability to do so.
4] Do not use encrypted text, hidden text, small text, or any other hard-to-read text when posting.
5] Once you have been lynched or killed, you are out of the game. Do not post anymore until the game is over. That means no "Bah!" posts, please.
6] Do not talk about this game with anybody else outside of this thread unless your role PM explicitly says that you can.
7] Heated discussion is fine, but personal attacks, insults, flaming, and poor sportsmanship are not. Please don't be a jerk to your fellow players. If I feel that your behavior is preventing other players from enjoying the game, I reserve the right to force-replace or mod-kill you.
8] Do not talk about ongoing games. Like really, come on...

Day, Night, and Twilight:

9] Each Day phase will last for two weeks apiece and each Night phase will last for two days. Once there are less than ten people, each day phase will become only ten days long. I will post specific deadlines in the game thread at the start of every Day and Night phase.
10] Players may continue to talk during Twilight, including the player that has been lynched.
11] If you do not send me your Night action before the specified deadline, I will assume that you are not performing an action on that night, unless your role specifically requires an action, in which case a randomizer will be used to complete the action.
12] If you know you will be unavailable during a Night phase, you may send me your night action during the preceding Day phase if you so desire.
13] Deadline extension requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Voting:

14] Please post all votes and unvotes using either the bold tag or the vote tag. Nicknames are fine, as long as I can understand them. Votes should look like this:
Vote:Boonskiies
or VOTE: Boon.
15] Unvotes are helpful, but not necessary.
16] Please refrain from engaging in any kind of voting trickery. If it looks like a vote, I'm counting it as a vote.
17] A lynch will only occur when a majority (more than 50% of all possible votes) is reached. The number of votes needed to hammer will be included with every vote count.
18] If a majority is not reached by the deadline, there will be no lynch on that Day.
19] Once a hammer occurs, no votes or unvotes will prevent the lynch from happening.
20] Additional votes include VOTE: No Lynch to end the Day with no lynch (which will also require a majority) and VOTE: Draw to end the game in a draw (which will require 100% agreement from all living players).

Activity:

21] You will be expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you go more than 48 hours without posting, you will be prodded.
22] If you receive a prod, you will have 24 hours to post in the game thread. If you do not respond to your prod within 24 hours, you will be replaced. Additionally, if I have to prod you more than three times, you will be replaced.
23] If you know that you will have limited access to the game for more than a few days, please let me know either in the thread or via PM.

Communication with the Moderator:

24] I may be pretty close to perfect, but I do still make mistakes every now and then. If you notice an error with the vote counts, deadlines, or anything else related to the game, please let me know and I will correct the issue.
25] I will not answer any role-related questions in the game thread. If you have any questions about your role, the (theoretical) roles of any other players in the game, or (theoretical) role interactions, send me a PM. Do not try to trick me into confirming a player's role. I will not be amused.
26] If you need to get my attention, just include @Mod or @Boon in your post. Also, bolding will help catch my eye.

Miscellaneous:

27] If you have any problems with another player, send me a PM and I will do my best to resolve the issue.
28] If a player is mod-killed during the Day phase, then that Day will end immediately.
29] My color is Purple (#800080) DON’T USE IT.

30] The flavor text is for entertainment purposes only. Analyze it at your own risk.
31] Do not ask me to mod-kill, force-replace, or discipline any other player in the game. That is my decision to make, not yours.
32] As the moderator, my word is final. Please respect my instructions and my decisions.
33] I reserve the right to change these rules during the game if necessary. If this happens, I will inform everybody of the rule change in the thread.
34] In addition to these rules, all site-wide rules also apply.
35] Claiming color code is prohibited.
36] I live in California, and have Pacific Standard Time.

Sample Vanilla Townie:
37] At least one person will receive this PM.

Welcome, [insert player name here], you are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

• During the day, you can vote and talk
• You do nothing special.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Game thread is here. Confirm by replying to this PM with your role name.

Role PMs (I'm expecting to be given a groan or two for that variant role).

Spoiler:
6x VT
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Town Vampire

Abilities:

• During the night, you may suck the blood of one player by PM'ing the mod your target.
-] If your target dies during the night, you will be granted a secret second vote that you can activate by PM'ing the mod. You will be notified whether or not you have a second vote at Day Start with "You have a second vote." or "You do not have a second vote." This vote will not show up on the vote count.
-] If your target lives, they will become "Hated" for the next day phase, which means they will take one less vote to be lynched. This will not show up on the vote count.
• If you choose to not use your action, you will whither away and die.

Win condition:

Town Tracker

Abilities:

• During the night, you may target one player by PM'ing the mod. You will then be informed of who that player used an action on.
• If your target didn't use a targetted action, you will recieve "Did not go anywhere".

Win condition:

Town Weak Doctor

Abilities:

• During the night, you may target one player to protect them from a night kill.
• If your target is not town aligned, you will die.

Win condition:

Town Informed Vanilla Cop

Abilities:

• During the night, you may target a player and find out if they are Vanilla or not.
• Vanilla Town, Goons, and Serial Killers will all show up as "Vanilla". Anything else will show up as "Not Vanilla".
• You also have the benefit of being informed that there is the potential for the "Hated" modifier (1 less vote to be lynched) to show up.

Win condition:

Werewolf Goon

Abilities:

• You have no special powers.
• You may join your werewolf pack here.

Win condition:

You win when you control more than 50% of the population, or if this situation can no longer be prevented.

Werewolf Motion Detector

Abilities:

• During the night, you may target a player to hear if an action has been performed.
• If your target performed an action you will receive "You heard an action being performed". If no action was performed, you will receive "You didn't hear anything."

Win condition:

You win when you control more than 50% of the population, or if this situation can no longer be prevented.

Werewolf Encryptor

Abilities:

• As long as you are alive, you and your pack may continue to use your private thread during the day. If you die, your teammates will no longer have access to the private thread.

Win condition:

Last edited by Nexus on Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Trans rights are human rights.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:45 am

Post by mykonian »

yeah even gated like this, hated isn't going to fly. Further, it's much preferred if doublevoters are public.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:52 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Alright, I can change the role up a bit. I kind of wanted to play with hated, but I understand it both ways. Instead, vampire would be granted a cop shot if the person dies, and the player targeted who doesn't die will turn into a weak vigilante the next day. If this is the case, I'd like either the werewolf Encryptor or MD to be turned into a werewolf doctor or 1 shot bp.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:05 pm

Post by Firebringer »

6 VTs
1 Town Vampire (This is anti town role to begin with so not helping balance)
1 Town Tracker
1 Town Weak Doctor
1 Town Informed Vanilla Cop (this is also not a normal role so one of this or vampire will be changed)
Werewolf Encryptor
Werewolf Motion Detector
Werewolf Goon

Lets start of by saying, yeah this is scum sided.
Vanilla cop doesn't help (and like i said might have to be removed or changed) actually catching any of scum but just finds out if they claim VT they are lying.
Tracker semi-useful role but then you have a Motion Detector for scum so you basically gave scum a invest equivalent to them.
Doctor is about the only town role of really good use. Tracker is okay role, vanilla cop isn't powerful and the vampire is negative utility.

Some possible suggestions:
1) Take away the motion detector or encryptor for scum.
2) Change tracker to watcher or more powerful invest, maybe JOAT.
3) Remove vanilla cop and change it to JOAT or Role cop that will be of more use.
4) Change vampire so it isn't negative utility.

Some combination of above is probably good.

Of course you still have to deal with the whole "Vampire and Informed vanilla cop" thing. Also as myko said on the no hated modifier. Vampire currently acts as a vote thief and i believe vote thief is explicitly not normal.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:29 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Alright, so I'm changing my flavor and setup. Hope that's alright. Just started from scratch and finished up another idea I was playing with.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:32 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Spoiler:
x5
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Win condition:

Town Roleblocker

Abilities:

• Every night, you may target a player. All actions performed by your target will have no effect.

Win condition:

Town Bodyguard

Abilities:

• Every night, you may target a player. If your target were to be targeted by a kill, and die in the night, you will die in his place.

Win condition:

Town 1-shot Weak Friendly Neighbor

Abilities:

• Once per game, at night, you may target a player. The player will receive a message stating "[insert player name here] is town."
• If you happen to target a player aligned with the Mafia, you will die.

Win condition:

Town Even-Night Commuter

Abilities:

• Every even-night, you may "leave the town". This makes it so you are unaffected by all actions towards you.

Win condition:

Town Universal Back-Up

Abilities:

• You will take the role of the first power role to die in this game. You will be informed of this when you obtain your power.

Win condition:

Welcome, [insert player name here], you are an
Aqua Mafia Leviathan Whisperer

Abilities:

• Every night, you may target a player. They will receive a message of "A massive sea monster has started to circle around you." All other actions will be unable to affect this target for the night. If no actions are performed onto said target, the following nights, any action directed towards them will cause the sea monster circling them to attack and kill whoever targets the initial target. Once this happens, the sea monster disappears.
• Your private thread is here.

Win condition:

You win when you control at least 50% of the population or if this situation can no longer be prevented.

Aqua Mafia Watcher

Abilities:

• Every night, you may target a player. You will receive the name of any player who targeted your target.

Win condition:

You win when you control at least 50% of the population or if this situation can no longer be prevented.

Aqua Mafia Goon

Abilities:

Win condition:

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:33 am

Post by Boonskiies »

New Role Setup and Role PM's there. ^ Forgot to type that above the spoiler, sorry.

Leviathan Whisperer is a loud rolestopper variant.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:34 am

Post by Boonskiies »

I'd be willing to turn Mafia watcher into goon.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:30 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 5, Boonskiies wrote:Every night, you may target a player. They will receive a message of "A massive sea monster has started to circle around you." All other actions will be unable to affect this target for the night. If no actions are performed onto said target, the following nights, any action directed towards them will cause the sea monster circling them to attack and kill whoever targets the initial target. Once this happens, the sea monster disappears.
This isn't normal to me.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:07 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

is it the role itself or the noting of it? I can normalize the flavor away from the role more. and the message can just say something like..."You were targeted last night."

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:10 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I just gave it a name due to calling something a Loud Rolestopper delayed paranoid gun owner variant. I should have taken out the flavor from the PM. I brought it out from a potential theme game I was going to make and copy pasted.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:15 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Every night, you may target a player. They will receive a message of "You were targeted last night." All other actions will be unable to affect this target for the night. If no actions are performed onto said target, the following nights, any action directed towards them will cause a kill to whoever targets the initial target. This effect is over when you target a new player or someone dies from this ability. You may not make the factional kill the same turn you use this ability.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:35 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 10, Boonskiies wrote:Loud Rolestopper delayed paranoid gun owner variant
don't really care what it's called, this doesn't seem normal to me either.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:19 am

Post by Boonskiies »

well, it's a variant role. i have more, though. I'd like to base a game around a chosen variant role, though.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:20 am

Post by Boonskiies »

I'll probably end up having to go multiball then, I guess.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:36 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 13, Boonskiies wrote:well, it's a variant role.
yeah, there's constraints to that. It has to be a normal mechanic, or in other words you'd have to be able to expect a role like that happening. None of your roles so far manage that.

Otherwise, just make a theme?
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:47 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Nah, I don't like themes too much. I'll figure it out. I get what you mean, though.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:48 am

Post by Boonskiies »

When I get to a computer, I'll post some another setup.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:24 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Okay, let's stick with this one. This is the setup I'll work with. I feel the role (Town Symbiotic) fits normality more than the rest.

Spoiler:
x6
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Win condition:

Town Bodyguard

Abilities:

• Every night, you may target a player. If your target were to be targeted by a kill, and die in the night, you will die in his place.

Win condition:

Town 1-shot Weak Cop

Abilities:

• Once in the game, at night, you may target a player. You will be informed if they are "Mafia" or "Not Mafia", depending if they are mafia. If you target mafia, you will die.

Win condition:

Town Gunsmith

Abilities:

• During the night phase, you may investigate one player. If your target has a gun, you will receive a "Guilty" result. If the target does not have a gun, you will receive "Not Guilty".

Win condition:

Town Symbiotic

Abilities:

• At the beginning of the game, you will target someone by PM'ing the mod. You will become
Lovers
with that person, so you both will die if one of you die. If you are not the same alignment as your lover, you will become immune to any investigative actions. You will not be informed of this.

Win condition:

Virus Mafia Goon

Abilities:

Win condition:

Virus Mafia Encryptor

Abilities:

• As long as you are alive, you and your partners will have access to daytalk in the factional private thread.

Win condition:

Virus Mafia Roleblocker

Abilities:

• At night, you may target a player to roleblock. They will not be able to perform an action on said night.

Win condition:

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:26 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 18, Boonskiies wrote:Okay, let's stick with this one. This is the setup I'll work with. I feel the role (Town Symbiotic) fits normality more than the rest.

Spoiler:
x6
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Win condition:

Town Bodyguard

Abilities:

Win condition:

Town 1-shot Weak Cop

Abilities:

• Once in the game, at night, you may target a player. You will be informed if they are "Mafia" or "Not Mafia", depending if they are mafia. If you target mafia, you will die.

Win condition:

Town Gunsmith

Abilities:

• During the night phase, you may investigate one player. If your target has a gun, you will receive a "Guilty" result. If the target does not have a gun, you will receive "Not Guilty".

Win condition:

Town Symbiotic

Abilities:

• At the beginning of the game, you will target someone by PM'ing the mod. You will become
Lovers
with that person, so you both will die if one of you die. If you are not the same alignment as your lover, you will become immune to any investigative actions. You will not be informed of this.

Win condition:

Virus Mafia Goon

Abilities:

Win condition:

Virus Mafia Encryptor

Abilities:

• As long as you are alive, you and your partners will have access to daytalk in the factional private thread.

Win condition:

Virus Mafia Roleblocker

Abilities:

• At night, you may target a player to roleblock. They will not be able to perform an action on said night.

Win condition:

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

latest setup is scumsided. Scum don't need a roleblocker at all; I'd MAYBE say ok to like a 1-shot roleblocker, but town power is super limited (gunsmith is fine, but bodyguard sucks, 1-shot weak cop is a tough role to play well, and symbiotic is a fairly double edged sword - especially if it hits town early, causing potentially two town deaths in a night)

Two different chances to add extra death in a night (weak cop and symbiotic) is pretty rough on town, especially with nothing like a BP, doc, jailkeeper etc to stop kills.

I'd have some reservations with town power against all goons; I don't think it's reasonable to have a full roleblocker against town's very limited power.

I mean it's essentially:
1 bodyguard
1 1-shot weak cop
1 1-shot vig (immune to GS)
1 gunsmith

That's... really not all that much in the wya of town power.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:51 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I'm fine to make it a 1 shot RB for scum, or change it to Vanilla Cop, as they would get a No Result if they targeted Symbiotic

I could give town a BP or JK as well, and/or make the 1-shot Weak cop into a 1 shot Loyal Cop. I think I would prefer Loyal over weak anyways.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:57 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

If I replace bodyguard with JK, and RB with Vanilla Cop, and turn the weak cop into a loyal cop. I'm not opposed to making the 1 shot loyal cop into odd night, either.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:59 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Those are a couple different ideas you've talked on. What's your current model?
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:31 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

6 VT
JK
Loyal Cop (either 1 shot or odd night)
symbiotic
gunsmith

maf vanilla cop
maf encryptor
maf goon

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”