Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2017 6:23 am

Post by Nexus »

Gamma Emerald wrote:Subject: Normal Queue Thread (Players and Mods) [Need Mods]
Gamma Emerald wrote:/in to mod a large
Getting on the setup info
18 players
inspectorscout is backup mod
my experience modding is Mini 1861
inspectorscout has Mini 1841, Large 201, Micro 669, Inception Mafia (as Neko Tail), and World.createNew

1 Town Willbooster
Hello, and welcome to Large Normal XXX!
You are a
Town Willbooster
. You have your voice and vote. You may also target a player each night to make them unable to be roleblocked.
You win when all antitown roles are eliminated and at least 1 town player remains alive.
1 Town Weak Roleblocker
You are a
Town Weak Roleblocker
. You have your voice and vote. You may also target a player each night to prevent their action from executing. However, if you target an antitown role you will die.
You win when all antitown roles are eliminated and at least 1 town player remains alive.
1 Town Jailkeeper
You are a
Town Jailkeeper
. You have your voice and vote. You may also target a player each night to protect them from any kill attempts that night as well as prevent their action from executing.
1 Town Tracker
You are a
Town Tracker
. You have your voice and vote. You may also target a player each night to discover who they visited in the night. You will get results in the form of "X visited Y" or "X visited no one"
1 Town Vigilante
You are a
Town Vigilante
. You have your voice and vote. You may also target a player each night to attempt to kill them.
9 Vanilla Townies
You are a
Vanilla Townie
. You have your voice and vote.
1 Mafia Roleblocker
You are a
Mafia Roleblocker
. You have your voice and vote. You also have a factional chat, located here, and a factional kill which you may send one person to do each night. You may also target a player each night to prevent their action from executing.
You win when your team comprises 50 percent of all players or nothing can stop it.
1 Mafia Neapolitan
You are a
Mafia Neapolitan
. You have your voice and vote. You also have a factional chat, located here, and a factional kill which you may send one person to do each night. You may also target a player each night to discover whether they are a Vanilla Townie or not. You will will get your results in the form of "X is Vanilla Town", "X is not Vanilla Town", or "No result".
You win when your team comprises 50 percent of all players or nothing can stop it.
1 Mafia One Shot Bulletproof
You are a
Mafia One Shot Bulletproof
. You have your voice and vote. You also have a factional chat, located here, and a factional kill which you may send one person to do each night. You will also survive one attempt to kill you.
1 Mafia Goon
You are a
Mafia Goon
. You have your voice and vote. You also have a factional chat, located here, and a factional kill which you may send one person to do each night.
Opening posts
Welcome to Theatre Mafia!

Moderator: Gamma Emerald
Backup Moderator: inspectorscout
Reviewers: TBD

Living Players
Players

Dead Players
Players

LinksDay 1: Post #

Deadline
YYYY-mm-dd HH:MM:SS - 5.00

The Rules
General

> Follow the site rules.
> I make the final call on whether a rule is broken. I may contact the listmods for more serious issues.
> Do not attempt to use moderator action to break the game. You will be sorry.
> Do not attempt to make me modkill a player. Leave that call to the proper authorities.
> Play to your win condition.
> Do not communicate with players outside the game unless your role permits it. Do not communicate about ongoing games in this game. I WILL BE STRICT ABOUT THIS RULE.
> Do not attempt to encrypt or otherwise hide information. Keep your font sizes above Tiny.
> Do not quote any information given to you by the moderator. Please paraphrase.
> If there is an error or concern, please post with "@Mod" in bold in the game or send me a PM.
> Players may Bah post, as long it does not affect the gamestate significantly.
> The color #FF8000, as well as the Georgia font, is MINE. Do not use it.
> Do not use proven randomness like the dice tags to make significant game decisions like lynches.
> I have the right to add any rules necessary.
Gameplay

> Day Phases will be 14 real life days. Night Phases will be 48 hours (2 days). Extensions will be granted in extreme cases.
> Inactivity for >48 hours will result in a prod. Players will have 24 hours to respond to the prod before being replaced. 3 prods with a lack of improvement will result in force replacement.
> Please post in bold that you will be V/LA or PM me. If someone is V/LA for the length of a Night I reserve the right to replace them.
>Please use the voting tags to vote, or the votecounter will not count your vote. To help, here is the BBCode for vote tags.

Code: Select all

[vote]Player[/vote]
Or

[v]Player[/v]
Make sure to use the unvote tags when unvoting as well.

[unvote]Player[/unvote]
Or

[uv]Player[/uv]
Also make sure to spell the player's name right as best as possible. If I miss a vote please alert me the same way as if you had questions, or vote using the proper format.
> Players with night actions must submit their action as "Target Player". If no action is received No Action will be taken. You may also send a No Action PM.
> Mafia may send the kill and use personal actions.

Sample VT Role PM
You are a
Vanilla Townie
Flavor will be kept to vote counts, theatre flavor, will be famous quotes from plays or musicals and maybe some quotes on theatre itself
Last edited by Nexus on Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Trans rights are human rights.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:20 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I'm pretty sure that scum are too strong right now but I only glanced at it and will look at it later.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:28 pm

Post by Cephrir »

What is the interaction between willbooster and jailkeeper? The jailkeeper's protection is not cancelled, correct?
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:29 pm

Post by Cephrir »

yeah i don't think the scum need all the roles they have

the bulletproof strikes me as especially unnecessary
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:33 pm

Post by Cephrir »

how are you resolving two roleblockers blocking each other or etc

especially relevant with a weak rb in play
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:36 pm

Post by Cephrir »

potential issue: if the tracker claims immediately and the JK and willbooster target him, the mafia can't do much except cry

i guess that's why they have a neapolitan? maybe that's fine just thought it should be pointed out
Bartleby the Scrivener
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:04 pm

Post by Regfan »

Might try and sneak a skim at this while at work, otherwise will get to it tonight.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:06 pm

Post by Regfan »

You don't mention how lynches are decided inside your rules post or what happens if majority isn't reached at deadline.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:35 pm

Post by Regfan »

I understand that a lot of this setup is based around roleblocking/roleblockers/willbooster but I just don't see...why? Can you maybe elaborate what you're going for with this here? The willbooster seems like a role with minimal actually utility until the tracker has actually claimed and then well the only protective role is the jailkeeper itself which would require it being alive. I mean if tracker outright claims D1 town are in a strong position but the only way that happens is if they get run up and forced to claim which is rewarding bad town play.

I'd agree with the others in that there's a little too much scum power, with scum having a roleblocker and a BP they can do risk minimisation to assure the vig almost always hits town (since they'll be blocked if they scum read a non BP'ed scum).
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:56 pm

Post by Regfan »

I've not looked at phrasing inside role PM's or anything yet but normalcy wise everything here would pass.

I've got a few balance concerns, a) I think the BP needs to go otherwise the vig becomes a negative-utility type role with scum pretty much allowing shots they think will miss to happen and shots that will hit won't have a huge effect and b) The setup involves a few too many 'swingy' elements with Tracker/JK being a very strong duo come the late game if town get an early advantage as well as the way the Weak RB is stated it missing N1 on the same night the vig mis-shoots means town could be at 10:4 D2.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:57 pm

Post by Regfan »

Let us know what you really want to do with the setup design and we should be able to tweak this to be semi-balanced though.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:35 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

The critical parts of the setup are the willbooster, JK, weak RB, and mafia RB.
About the tracker claiming early, would it be amenable that I make it so that willbooster stops one roleblock?
Also I was worried about scum power coming in to this. I'll remove the Bullletproof and see how it looks.
@Regfan lynches will be majority, thanks for noting that.
For roleblocker resolution I'll resolve the weak roleblocker first, then the mafia roleblocker (this is so there isn't a false innocent with the weak roleblocker), then the jaikeeper.
I've noted a few issues with the Tracker: should that be removed as well?
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Adding the note on deadlines and lynching and a possible NAR notation, as well as fixing some formatting in the playerlist post.
Welcome to Theatre Mafia!

Moderator: Gamma Emerald
Backup Moderator: inspectorscout
Reviewers: Cephrir, Regfan, RadiantCowbells

Living Players
Players

Dead Players
Players

LinksDay 1: Post #

Deadline
YYYY-mm-dd HH:MM:SS - 5.00

The Rules
General

> Follow the site rules.
> I make the final call on whether a rule is broken. I may contact the listmods for more serious issues.
> Do not attempt to use moderator action to break the game. You will be sorry.
> Do not attempt to make me modkill a player. Leave that call to the proper authorities.
> Play to your win condition.
> Do not communicate with players outside the game unless your role permits it. Do not communicate about ongoing games in this game. I WILL BE STRICT ABOUT THIS RULE.
> Do not attempt to encrypt or otherwise hide information. Keep your font sizes above Tiny.
> Do not quote any information given to you by the moderator. Please paraphrase.
> If there is an error or concern, please post with "@Mod" in bold in the game or send me a PM.
> Players may Bah post, as long it does not affect the gamestate significantly.
> The color #FF8000, as well as the Georgia font, is MINE. Do not use it.
> Do not use proven randomness like the dice tags to make significant game decisions like lynches.
> I have the right to add any rules necessary.
Gameplay

> Day Phases will be 14 real life days. Night Phases will be 48 hours (2 days). Extensions will be granted in extreme cases.
> Inactivity for >48 hours will result in a prod. Players will have 24 hours to respond to the prod before being replaced. 3 prods with a lack of improvement will result in force replacement.
> Please post in bold that you will be V/LA or PM me. If someone is V/LA for the length of a Night I reserve the right to replace them.
>Please use the voting tags to vote, or the votecounter will not count your vote. To help, here is the BBCode for vote tags.

[vote]Player[/vote]
Or

[v]Player[/v]
Make sure to use the unvote tags when unvoting as well.

[unvote]Player[/unvote]
Or

[uv]Player[/uv]
Also make sure to spell the player's name right as best as possible. If I miss a vote please alert me the same way as if you had questions, or vote using the proper format.
> Lynches are decided by majority. If no majority is reached by deadline the day end with a no lynch.
> Players with night actions must submit their action as "Target Player". If no action is received No Action will be taken. You may also send a No Action PM.
> Mafia may send the kill and use personal actions.
> (possible note about how NAR will work)

Sample VT Role PM
You are a
Vanilla Townie
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:15 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

New role list
1 Town Willbooster
1 Town Jailkeeper
1 Town Weak Roleblocker
1 Town Tracker
1 Town Vigilante
9 Vanilla Townies
VS
1 Mafia Roleblocker
1 Mafia Neapolitan
2 Mafia Goons
<Embrace The Void>

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:35 am

Post by Cephrir »

the neapolitan role PM specifies a no result option but the tracker role PM doesn't
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:37 am

Post by Cephrir »

having the booster stop only one RB is a decent step, though the scum are still forced to play wifom games with the JK (should we block or kill the tracker? only one will work, which is it? should they throw both at him and risk losing the kill?)
Bartleby the Scrivener
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:47 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Be aware that your planning assumes the roles are public in game, when they will not be.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:47 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Will fix the Tracker PM btw
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

1 Town Tracker
You are a
Town Tracker
. You have your voice and vote. You may also target a player each night to discover who they visited in the night. You will get results in the form of "X visited Y", "X visited no one", or "No result".
<Embrace The Void>

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:50 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 16, Gamma Emerald wrote:Be aware that your planning assumes the roles are public in game, when they will not be.
all it takes is the tracker claiming (which, again, we shouldn't be incentivizing him to do)
Bartleby the Scrivener
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:52 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

1 Town Willbooster
You are a
Town Willbooster
. You have your voice and vote. You may also target a player each night to make them immune to one roleblock.
<Embrace The Void>

Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:47 pm

Post by Regfan »

Rules list looks mostly fine now.

I still worry that Willbooster has too limited utility - like once Tracker / Vig are dead it's pretty much worthless and even while they're alive Willbooster only has +Utlity if they've claimed and generally if they're going to have claimed it's due to town playing badly. So the entire way it's designed seems to be benefiting bad play rather than good one? Eh. I'll need to think a little more on this, would like RC to chime in.

Removal of BP is nice though.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:49 pm

Post by Regfan »

Can the same player submit the night kill + roleblock while other mafia members are alive. Can they do it if they're the last alive?

How are you using this.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:40 am

I'm not quite sure how to judge willbooster atm. it makes this hard to parse.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:45 am

Correct me if I'm wrong: willbooster doesn't prevent weak roleblocker from dying if they both visit the same, mafia-aligned target?

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”