Pronoun: He

gigabyteTroubadour's Mini Normal Review

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:50 am

Post by Nexus »

gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
Modding Info

1. Yes, I will be available!
  2. I will be running a 13 player mini.
  3. The setup distribution will be openly 10:3.
  4. For now I will say no - I haven't done the legwork in finding one yet because I realized there may be a problem... Is modding experience required to fulfill the role of a backup moderator? Kraska77 and I were hoping to start comodding together so if we could get experience together early in our modding career that'd be nice, but if it has to wait it can wait. Sorry about that :P
  5. I'm a first time mod, so no other experience!
Setup Information

Opening Post

welcome to

Mini Normal ####

♡☭☆ Shiba Inus ☆☭♡

Master Playerlist
  1. Player 1
  2. Player 2
  3. Player 3
  4. Player 4
  5. Player 5
  6. Player 6
  7. Player 7
  8. Player 8
  9. Player 9
  10. Player 10
  11. Player 11
  12. Player 12
  13. Player 13

* = prod
bold
= confirmation
strike
= replacement

Out to Play (Living Players)

Spoiler:
player 2,
vanilla townie
, survived and won!
player 8,
vanilla townie
, survived and won!
player 13,
vanilla townie
, survived and won!

Taking a Nap (Dead Players)

Spoiler:
player 1,
vanilla townie
, lynched day 1
player 7,
vanilla townie
, killed night 1
player 10,
mafia goon
, lynched day 2
player 4,
vanilla townie
, killed night 2
player 3,
vanilla townie turned neutral survivor
, modkilled day 3
player 5,
vanilla townie
, killed night 3
player 6,
mafia goon
, lynched day 4
player 9,
vanilla townie
, killed night 4
player 11,
vanilla townie
, lynched day 5
player 12,
mafia goon
, lynched day 6

Hanging Out (Spectators)

Spoiler:
Nobody...

Game Events and PT Links

Spoiler:
Nothing has happened yet...
Rules Post (Vanilla Townie PM is included here)

♡☭☆ Rules ☆☭♡

This ruleset is original
[/size]

General Information

• Do not quote PMs from the moderator into the gamethread, and do not quote anything from a PT into the gamethread. Paraphrasing is OK.
  • Do not discuss this game with anyone outside of the main gamethread and any relevant PTs.
  • Do not make text intentionally difficult to read (examples include invisible text, small text, and text hidden via BBCode) or any form of encryption. Exceptions include spoiler tags and breadcrumbs.
  • Even if you have the permissions to, do not edit or delete posts in the game thread. If you made a formatting mistake that impacts readability, notify me and I will attempt to fix it as soon as possible.
Activity

• I deliver prods after 48 hours of inactivity unless a player is V/LA.
  • A prodded player has 24 hours to make a game-advancing post before I replace them.
  • Three prods leads to a force-replace.
  • If I accidentally prod you while on V/LA or before your 48 hours are up, the prod will not count against you.
  • If I am asked to prod a player when, by the rules, they do not need to be prodded, I may send them an "informal prod" if I feel the circumstances of the game permit it.
  • Please bold any requests to have a V/LA made in the gamethread. I will acknowledge an unbolded request, but having it bolded ensures I see it.
  • If a V/LA is longer than 4 days, you must post at least once every 72 hours. Depending on the nature of the V/LA, I may be less stringent on the amount of content needed for a post to count.
Gameplay

• The game's day phases will last two weeks (14 days).
  • The game's night phases will last two days. The night may be extended if I cannot access the gamethread at the time of the daystart.
  • You may use either vote or bold tags to indicate a vote, as long as it is formatted as VOTE: gigabyteTroubadour or
    VOTE: gigabyteTroubadour
  • Any sort of misspelling, pun, nickname, or abbreviation will count in a vote, as long as it's clear who is being voted for. VOTE: Giggles would be a valid vote for myself if I were in the game.
  • As soon as a simple majority of players vote for the same player, the day ends with the death and role reveal of that player.
  • Players are free to post during the day until I lock the thread. Even a lynched player may continue to post until they are flipped.
  • Players who die, whether by lynch, by night kill, or by modkill, are allowed to post one "bah" post after their flip. After that, dead players are not allowed to post in the gamethread until the end of the game.
  • If a player is modkilled for any reason, the day will continue as normal unless the game ends with that player's death.
  • Any informed minority groups are guaranteed to have daytalk at all times.
  • Players with access to a factional kill (such as mafia members) are able to use their factional kill while using an ability granted by a role.
  • Always play to your win condition.
Moderation

• I reserve the right to update the rules as I see fit midgame. If I make any changes to the ruleset, I will make a post in the main gamethread acknowledging the specific change as transparently as possible.
  • I reserve the right to enforce my rules as I see them and with the appropriate consequences.
  • Please avoid using
    #D5CCEE
    #ABDAE9
    #FFBDF4
    , and colors that look similar. Please also do not use the font "Helvetica". This font and these colors are reserved for modposts and should not be used to avoid confusion between my posts and players' posts. If you feel there is an exception that gives you the right to use these colors, please let me know before using them.
Ethics

• Remember, the forum rules and guidelines apply everywhere on site, and my games are no exception.
  • Be mindful of the language you use when posting. I am fine with cursing, but I will censor players who use harmful slurs and force-replace them if it gets excessive.
  • If the gamethread is excessively toxic, I will do my best to resolve the issues as diplomatically as possible without harming the gamestate. This may include warnings for harassment, but if that is not enough I will not hesitate to force-replace players.
  • Have fun! Mafia gets heated sometimes but that should not interfere with your enjoyment of the game.
  • Do not hesitate to ask me any questions or send any concerns about the rules or the game via PM.
[/font]

Set-up

• It is guaranteed that there are 10 members of the
    town
    faction and 3 members of the
    mafia
    faction.
  • The setup was reviewed for normalcy and balance by X, Y, and Z.
  • At least 1 player will have a VT role pm, which looks like this:
    Spoiler: Sample VT PM
    ♡☭☆ Mini Normal #### ☆☭♡

~ Role PM ~

Welcome, gigabyteTroubadour! You are a
    Vanilla Townie
    , which means:

• During the day, you may vote for any players you wish to lynch. As soon as a simple majority of players vote for the same player, the day ends with the death and role reveal of that player.
    • During the night, you have no special abilities that you may use.
    • You win the game with the other town members once all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Please confirm you've received this PM by replying to me and by stating the name of your role. The game begins as soon as 12/13 players confirm their roles.
Full List of Role PMs

♡☭☆ Mini Normal #### ☆☭♡

~ Role PM ~

Vanilla Townie
, which means:

• During the day, you may vote for any players you wish to lynch. As soon as a simple majority of players vote for the same player, the day ends with the death and role reveal of that player.
  • You win the game with the other town members once all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Please confirm you've received this PM by replying to me and by stating the name of your role. The game begins as soon as 12/13 players confirm their roles.

♡☭☆ Mini Normal #### ☆☭♡

~ Role PM ~

Town Tracker Enabler
, which means:

• As long as you are alive, any player with a "Tracker" ability may use said ability at night.
  • In the event you die, any player with a "Tracker" ability is no longer able to use that specific ability.

♡☭☆ Mini Normal #### ☆☭♡

~ Role PM ~

Town Odd Night Vanilla Cop/Even Night Neapolitan
, which means:

• During odd-number nights (1, 3, 5, etc.), you may investigate a player to see if they have an ability besides any abilities granted by their faction. Results come in the form of "[Your target's name] is
    Vanilla
    " or "[Your target's name] is
    Not Vanilla
    ".
  • During even-number nights (2, 4, 6, etc.), you may investigate a player to see if they are a
    Vanilla Townie
    . Results come in the form of "[Your target's name] is a
    Vanilla Townie
    " or "[Your target's name] is
    not
    a
    Vanilla Townie
    ".

♡☭☆ Mini Normal #### ☆☭♡

~ Role PM ~

Town Fruit Vendor
, which means:

• During the night, you may give another player a basket of fruit. They will receive a message that says "You found a basket of fruit at your doorstep" at the start of the proceeding day.

♡☭☆ Mini Normal #### ☆☭♡

~ Role PM ~

Town Jailkeeper
, which means:

• During the night, you may send one player to jail. A jailed player cannot use any action, factional or otherwise, during the night. A jailed player is also protected from a single night kill attempt the night they are jailed.

♡☭☆ Mini Normal #### ☆☭♡

~ Role PM ~

Mafia Goon
, which means:

• During the night, you and the rest of your team may select one member to kill another player.
  • Your partners are
    Scumbuddy
    , a
    Mafia Tracker
    , and
    Scumbuddy
    , a
    Mafia Goon
  • You can communicate with your partners here.
  • You win the game once nothing can prevent the mafia from having a voting majority.

♡☭☆ Mini Normal #### ☆☭♡

~ Role PM ~

Mafia Tracker
, which means:

• During the night, you may track a player to see who they target, if anyone. If your target visits someone, the result will read as "[Your target's name] visited [Who your target visited]". If your target does not visit someone, the result will read as "[Your target's name] did not visit anyone".
  • During the night, you and the rest of your team may select one member to kill another player.
  • Your partners are
    Scumbuddy
    , a
    Mafia Goon
    , and
    Scumbuddy
    , a
    Mafia Goon
  • You can communicate with your partners here.
  • You win the game once nothing can prevent the mafia from having a voting majority.

Result PMs/Day and Nightstart PMs/Prods

♡☭☆ Mini Normal #### ☆☭♡

~ Result PM ~

[Your target's name] is
Vanilla

♡☭☆ Mini Normal #### ☆☭♡

~ Result PM ~

[Your target's name] is
Not Vanilla

♡☭☆ Mini Normal #### ☆☭♡

~ Result PM ~

[Your target's name] is a
Vanilla Townie

♡☭☆ Mini Normal #### ☆☭♡

~ Result PM ~

[Your target's name] is
not
a
Vanilla Townie

♡☭☆ Mini Normal #### ☆☭♡

~ Event ~

You found a basket of fruit at your doorstep.

♡☭☆ Mini Normal #### ☆☭♡

~ Result PM ~

[Your target's name] visited [Who your target visited].

♡☭☆ Mini Normal #### ☆☭♡

~ Result PM ~

[Your target's name] did not visit anyone.

♡☭☆ Mini Normal #### ☆☭♡

~ Result PM ~

You did not get a result during the course of the night.

♡☭☆ Mini Normal #### ☆☭♡

~ Day Start ~

Rise and shine! DX has started. Check here to see who's still alive!

♡☭☆ Mini Normal #### ☆☭♡

~ Night Start ~

NX has started. Please send in your night actions before June 23rd, 2017 at 10:00 am (GMT -4:00), which is in (expired on 2017-06-23 12:00:00). You may change your submitted action as often as you would like until the deadline is reached.

♡☭☆ Mini Normal #### ☆☭♡

~ Prod ~

You've been prodded! You have until June 23rd, 2017 at 10:00 am (GMT -4:00) (which is in (expired on 2017-06-23 12:00:00)) to make a game advancing post in the thread without being replaced.

♡☭☆ Mini Normal #### ☆☭♡

~ Death ~

Well, it happens to everyone at some point. Head over to the dead thread to keep up with the game!
Set Up at a Glance
Goon
Goon
Tracker

Jailkeeper
Fruit Vendor
Odd Night Vanilla Cop/Even Night Neapolitan
Tracker Enabler
VT x6
Please let me know if I've missed anything important!
Last edited by Nexus on Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trans rights are human rights.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:34 am

Post by Firebringer »

Worst setup of all time.
Do it all over giga
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:44 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Disapprove of everything except Shiba Inus.

/fail
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:44 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Just kidding. I'll read it now.
<(") | (")>
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:56 am

Post by Firebringer »

This is pretty scum sided
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:04 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 4, Firebringer wrote:This is pretty scum sided
Probably? This is like the second draft and i really feel like town needs something but more than 4 prs seems like overkill

I want to keep the scum tracker/tracker enabler dynamic and i tried to build the setup around that but... it's lacking something.
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:10 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

no everything is terrible i'm not allowing this to be run

gigabyte is the worst
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:10 am

This is indeed scum sided ftr.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:14 am

i dont really think making the odd/even night abomination a full neapolitan really helps but nothing else is really coming to me

i felt like town would get too many clears too quickly though (fruit vendor and tracker enabler are basically conftown if they claim?)
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:30 am

Dude you could make it a full on cop and I would pass that.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:35 am

ehhh......

i really hate cop as a role and thatd probably make a tracker fakeclaim less credible which i kind of intended the setup to work around

what about a goon cop? town would have guiltying power thats stronger and the clears would kind of make sense but not 100% certain like a cop

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:36 am

not strong enough.

I even question whether neapolitan is strong enough
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:36 am

watcher?

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:37 am

Fruit vendored people will out and that will inform scum not to kill fruit vendor tracks. Every other track is a guilty on a strong PR.

If you straight up cut out the tracker from scum and left everything else as it is the setup still would not be balanced.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:37 am

Yeah, I guess watcher could work. It's strong enough. Expect to get complained at a shit ton by scum though.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:12 am

hm...

if scum arent incentivized to shoot a fruit vendor, what about:
  • nix the fruit vendor
  • add an even night goon cop
  • make the neanilla cop a full neapolitan
  • make the tracker odd night
that way town has more investigative power and the tracker is neutered more since it cant find the goon cop (but it looks like a more legit pr because of the odd/even night dynamic)?

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:21 am

i guess watcher could work in place of goon cop...? and makes more sense thematically

but also now that im thinking of it it'd really annoy me as scum if i couldnt catching the one pr that can guilty my team — but maybe thats the way it should be?

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:22 am

*couldnt catch

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:39 pm

Keep in mind goon cop is not a super strong role
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:43 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 15, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:add an even night goon cop
I think get rid of the modifier, and keep the rest.

*sigh*

I had a whole post typed up, but you guys have hashed out most of it.
<(") | (")>
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:51 pm

In post 18, RadiantCowbells wrote:Keep in mind goon cop is not a super strong role
"not a goon" should be pretty clearing in a set-up confirmed to have no encryptor (scum always have daytalk) and pretty unlikely to have more than 1 scum pr, no...?

i'd rather keep the modifier and make it a stronger role - it feels redundant to have a full neapolitan and a full goon cop.

penguin do you think it'd work as an even night watcher instead of full goon cop?

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:04 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Probably. That could help support the Odd-Night Tracker claim for scum, and even-night keeps it from seeing a track by scum.

I think I'm cool with that.
<(") | (")>
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:13 pm

nice - good to be on the same page

Set Up at a Glance
Odd-Night Tracker
Goon x2

Jailkeeper
Even-Night Watcher
Neapolitan
Tracker Enabler
VT x6
So does this look OK? I'll start the clerical work for the new PMs if Fire and Raybells like the new direction better

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:31 pm

Post by Firebringer »

That looks okay.
Need to see the role pms though.
Show

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:32 pm

That looks a bit townsided? Nea+Even-Night Watcher+Jailkeeper?

What if you give scum a Watcher enabler so that they can turn off the watcher

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”