AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Sneks & Noodles Setup Review - Finished

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:38 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Spreadsheet

Code: Select all

[b]Game Overview[/b] - [size=75]Some rules were adopted from Plotinus, mhsmith0, and yessiree. Thanks![/size]

[list][*]This game is conditioned as a full reveal. Upon a player's removal, a player's role and alignment are released to the public.

[*]The game is conditioned as semi-open. Players will be aware of all possible roles that may exist within the setup, but will not be informed of the distribution of these roles in advance. 

[*]This game is conditioned as 3 mafia versus 10 town players. 

[*]The game will end when a game-ending faction has achieved its win condition. A game-ending faction is any faction whose wincon cannot win with any other wincon i.e. town, mafia, serial killer, jester, etc.

[*]Flavor is for fun and is not indicative of alignment, roles, abilities, game mechanics, or anything else related to the game.

[*]Scum are given the ability to talk during all phases of the game. 

[*]Individual scum cannot simultaneously perform their factional kill ability and use their abilities, if any, during the same Night Phase.

[*]Roles are not indicative of alignment.

[*]I will not answer game clarification questions in misleading ways. (i.e. I will not tell you that an ability is passive when it is actually active.)

[*]I will not intentionally lie to you if you have a question concerning your role or the mechanics of the game. I may answer vaguely, i.e. “No comment” or “I cannot answer that at this time,” for instance. 

[*]In general: if a question would break the game or implicate another player's role, there is little chance that I will answer it.[/list]

[b]Conduct:[/b]

[list][*][i]Try to not take things personally.[/i] You should expect debates to potentially become heated. 

[*]Bear the following in mind: [i]Some will lie, and others will be deceived.[/i] It is all in the spirit of the game. That said, personal attacks or the implication of personal attacks are strictly off-limits and may result in a Locked thread and/or a Mod Kill depending on the severity of the insults.  

[*]I have the final say. Respect my judgement. I reserve the right to adjust the rules as I see fit. I [i]will[/i] always tell players about a change in the rules as these changes happen in order to ensure the prevention of game breaking incidents from occurring.

[*]Pretending to break a rule is equal to actually breaking a rule and may get a player Mod-Killed depending on the nature of the infraction.

[*][color=#BF0000]This is my color. Don't use it.[/color] (#BF0000)[/list]

[b]Post Content Guidelines:[/b]

[list][*]Respect and obey the MafiaScum [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6470]Code of Conduct[/url]. [b]All site wide rules apply.[/b] Play to win, please with respect, and try not to ruin the game for other players. 

[*]Do not talk about this game anywhere else unless I have specified it is permitted such as in a private topic. This includes PM-ing other players.

[*]No invisible, cryptographic, or deliberate obfuscation of text.

[*]No talking after death.

[*]No editing or deleting your posts.

[*]No discussion of ongoing games.

[*]Paraphrasing is acceptable. [/list]

[b]Activity Requirements & Guidelines:[/b]

[list][*]Players who have failed to confirm their role PM within 72 hours after role PMs have been distributed will be auto-replaced. 

[*]After 36 hours of inactivity, players will be prodded to ensure that they are still interested in playing the game and continue to participate. After the prod, players will have 24 hours to respond with game related material or be replaced. 

[*]To avoid being replaced for inactivity, be sure to include game advancing content to your post i.e. “Got prodded, X is still scum. I'll catch up later”. Naked prod dodges ("I'll get to this later,") do not reset the prod timer.

[*][b]If you have not posted game advancing content in 5 days, regardless of V/LA status, [i]you will be replaced.[/i][/b]

[*]If you declare V/LA, you will be nudged every 72 hours (3 days). Two nudges equals one prod in V/LA.

[*]As a rule of thumb, if you are not on V/LA, you should try to post game related content at least once per every 24 hours.

[*]Players are allowed to be prodded [i][b]two separate times[/b][/i] before they will be replaced. 

[*]Don't be afraid to use the V/LA, but don't abuse it either.[/list]

[b]Deadlines:[/b]

[list][*]Day phases are ten days long. Night phases are forty eight hours long. 

[*]The majority are allowed only one day phase extension for the entire game that does not involve replacements. If you'd like to use the extension, you can [vote]Extend the Day[/vote]. When a majority has been reached, the extension will add seven days to the current deadline. 

[*]A singular player replacement extension will be an average of 24 hours added to the current deadline during the Day Phase.[/list]

[b]Lynch Guidelines:[/b] 

[list][*]Majority lynching mechanic in play. Extensions and no-lynches are also decided through majority voting.

[*]If several players are tied for a lynch, then no lynch will occur. 

[*]Players can use the vote tags (e.g. [vote]AnonymousGhost[/vote] or bolding (e.g. [b]Vote: AnonymousGhost[/b]. Unvoting is not required.

[*]Be sure to include the [b]colon[/b] (if you're not using the vote tags)! I will be using the control+F command to locate your votes![/list]

[b]Ability Information & Guidelines:[/b]

[list][*]All abilities will be labeled to prevent player confusion. If you are still confused, do not hesitate to shoot me a PM. 

[*][b]Active Abilities[/b]: These abilities require “activation” on the player’s part in order to take place. Make a decision on whether or not you want to use an ability and then notify me via PM. You may only use [i]one active ability per night[/i], unless otherwise specified in your role card.

[*][b]Passive Abilities[/b]: For the most part, these abilities are automatically in effect, unless specified otherwise. 

[*]Factional abilities are considered Active abilities. 

[*]Some abilities may be listed as [X-Shot], where X is replaced by a number. This means that that ability has a limited number of uses, and that limit is specified by the number that replaces “X”. If an X-Shot ability fails for whatever reason, then that failed shot is considered to be used and cannot be reused/recovered by the player.

[*]All active abilities occur in a specific order; this is called the [b]Turn Order[/b]. Due to this order, a player’s action may fail inexplicably. 

[*][i]Most Importantly[/i], players should note that [i]not everything[/i] will be announced in the EotD post. This means that, unless otherwise given a role where they [i]should[/i] receive Mod confirmation i.e. a cop or a tracker, players will [i]not[/i] receive Mod confirmation that their actions were successful or not.[/list]

[b]Win Conditions:[/b]

[list][*][b][color=#00BF00]Noodles[/color][/b]: Wins when all threats to the Noodles have been removed from the game.

[*][b][color=#BF0000]Sneks[/color][/b]: Wins when they either equal or outnumber the Noodles, or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

[*]In order to prevent underhanded scum hunting, the town/mafia win cons are word-for-word here as are in the role PMs player will receive.[/list]

[b]Semi-Open Setup:[/b]

[list][*]Roles are listed in their turn order. 

[*]Bodyguard: May target a player and protect them from one kill attempt, dying in the kill target's place.

[*]Vanilla Cop: May target a player in order to learn their role name; will receive either "USERNAME is Vanilla" or "USERNAME is not Vanilla". Investigative results will return as "USERNAME is Vanilla" if the target does not have any additional abilities (e.g. Vanilla Townie, Mafia Goon, a Serial Killer with no other abilities). "USERNAME is not Vanilla" is given for all others.

[*]Tracker: May target a player, learning who they targeted, but not what action was performed.

[*]Neighborizer: May target a player and recruit them into a neighborhood.[/list]

Code: Select all

[area][align=center][img]https://ih0.redbubble.net/image.13851751.7421/flat,1000x1000,075,f.u3.jpg[/img][/align]

[i]Micrurus fulvius, the Eastern Coral Snake, the common coral snake, or the American cobra, is an elusive creature that despite its venom possesses small fangs that are ineffective against the human skin. As a secretive predator, the Eastern Coral Snake is generally reluctant to bite and it’s believed that only 40% of bites administer venom into the prey/victim.[/i]

Welcome [b][i]implosion[/b][/i]. You are the [b][i]Eastern Coral Snake[/b][/i]. 

You are aligned with the [color=#BF0000]Sneks[/color]. You will win when your faction is either equal or outnumbers the Noodles, or nothing can prevent this from occurring. Please confirm your role PM by replying to this message with the phrase [b]Snake in the Grass[/b]. Thank you. 

You have no other abilities other than your faction's night kill, your voice, vote, and access to your group [url=]PT[/url]. [url=]Here is the link[/url] to the Discussion Thread. Best of luck![/area]
--------
[area][align=center][img]https://i.imgur.com/koGZlIE.jpg[/img][/align]

[i]Python regius, the Ball Python, the smallest of the African pythons and placid creature with a unique defensive strategy to curl up into a ball when stressed or frightened. The species is also known as the royal python, a callback to a time when rulers in Africa would wear the snake as living jewelry. 

In Southeastern Nigeria, the Igbo people consider it to be symbolic of the earth, as an animal that travels close to the ground. The pythons are treated with great care whenever they happen to wander into a village or someone’s property and they are either allowed to roam freely or are gently picked up and placed out in the forest or field away from the home. If one is accidentally killed, many communities in Igboland will build a coffin for the snake’s remains and give it a short funeral.[/i]

Welcome [b][i]LazyLump[/b][/i]. You are the [b][i]Ball Python[/b][/i]. 

You are aligned with the [color=#BF0000]Sneks[/color]. You will win when your faction is either equal or outnumbers the Noodles, or nothing can prevent this from occurring. Please confirm your role PM by replying to this message with the phrase [b]Snake in the Grass[/b]. Thank you.

[url=]Here is the link[/url] to the Discussion Thread.

Besides your voice, vote, and your faction’s thread, here are your other abilities:

- Survival of the Fittest [Active]

With this ability, you may perform your faction’s kill. You cannot simultaneously perform your faction's kill and your active ability during the Night Phase.

- It's a Banana [Active]

You are a [b]Vanilla Cop[/b]. You may target a player in order to learn their role name; will receive either "USERNAME is Vanilla" or "USERNAME is not Vanilla". Investigative results will return as "USERNAME is Vanilla" if the target does not have any additional abilities (e.g. Vanilla Townie, Mafia Goon, a Serial Killer with no other abilities). "USERNAME is not Vanilla" is given for all others.

- Snake in the Grass [Passive]

You may communicate with your fellow Sneks [url=]here[/url]. Do not share this with anyone outside the mafia. Best of luck![/area]
----------
[area][align=center][img]https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8545/28987568030_fb8d3bc90a_b.jpg[/img][/align]

[i]The mud snake, farancia abacura, is a nonvenomous snake home to southeastern United States. The reptile is aquatic and nocturnal, preying on giant salamanders and other amphibians. They are known to use their sharply pointed tails to poke prey items, giving them the nickname "stinging snake", despite having no stinger tail.[/i]

Welcome [b][i]Alchemist21[/b][/i]. You are the [b][i]Mud Snake[/b][/i].

[url=]Here is the link[/url] to the Discussion Thread.

Besides your voice, vote, and your faction’s thread, here are your other abilities:

With this ability, you may perform your faction’s kill. You cannot simultaneously perform your faction's kill and your active ability during the Night Phase.

- No Mud Slinging Here! [Active]

You are a [b]Neighborizer[/b]. You may target a player, recruiting them into a private neighborhood. 

You may communicate with your fellow Sneks [url=]here[/url]. Do not share this with anyone outside the mafia. Best of luck![/area]
-----------
[area][align=center][img]http://otlibrary.com/wp-content/gallery/black-banded-sea-krait/6146376253_0e1b55f66a_b.jpg[/img][/align]

[i]Laticauda semifasciata is known as the Black-Banded Sea Krait or the Chinese Sea Snake and is found in warm western waters off of the Pacific Ocean in Fiji, southern Japan and Singapore. This venomous high snake frequents coral reefs and is nocturnal, preferring to hunt fish by lying in wait in the coral. This species also works with yellow goatfish and bluefin trevally, flushing potential prey from the narrow crannies of the reef, similarly to moral eels. The venom paralyzes the snake's prey and is ten times stronger than that of a cobra. Fortunately, this snake will not bite humans unless threatened. [/i]

Welcome [b][i]northsidegal[/b][/i]. You are the [b][i]Black-Banded Sea Krait[/b][/i].

You are aligned with the [color=#00BF00]Noodles[/color]. You win when all threats to the Noodles have been removed from the game. Please confirm your role PM by replying to this message with the phrase [b]Snake in the Grass[/b]. Thank you. 

You have no other abilities besides your voice and your vote. [url]Here is the link[/url] to the discussion thread. Best of luck.[/area]
-----------
[area][align=center][img]https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/666/21849969623_251cd91041_b.jpg[/img][/align]

[i]Walterinnesia aegyptia, the Black Desert Cobra, a nocturnal and terrestrial predator who uses mixed hunting methods. After subduing it's prey with its coils, the Black Desert Cobra will inject venom into its prey while it chews. Despite having 'cobra' in its name, this reptile does not display any of the ironic behaviors of the species: rearing up when frightened or flaring out a hood before striking in defense.[/i]

Welcome [b][i]Skygazer[/b][/i]. You are the [b][i]Black Desert Cobra[/b][/i].

You are aligned with the [color=#00BF00]Noodles[/color]. You win when all threats to the Noodles have been removed from the game. Please confirm your role PM by replying to this message with the phrase [b]Snake in the Grass[/b]. Thank you. 

You have no other abilities besides your voice and your vote. [url]Here is the link[/url] to the discussion thread. Best of luck.[/area]
--------
[area][align=center][img]https://media2.fdncms.com/orlando/imager/u/original/2430400/cobra.jpg[/img][/align]

[i]Ophiophagus hannah, the King Cobra, a 'cobra' in name only. A carnivorous and cannibalistic predator equipped with a 'growling' hiss that it uses it to protect its young. An outlier among reptiles as the mothers do not choose to abandon their young as soon as the eggs have been laid.[/i]

Welcome [b][i]BlueBloodedToffee[/b][/i]. You are the [b][i]King Cobra[/b][/i].

Besides your voice and your vote, here are the other abilities at your disposal:

- It's Good to Be King [Active]

You are a [b]Bodyguard[/b] and you may target a player, protecting them from one kill attempt at the cost of dying in their place.

[url=]Here is the link[/url] to the discussion thread. Best of luck![/area]
------------
[area][align=center][img]https://i.imgur.com/0Ic6ZGJ.jpg?1[/img][/align]

[i]As a subspecies of the rat snake, the Texas Rat Snake - Elaphe obsoleta lindheimeri - is a nonvenomous serpent native, primarily, to Texas, but can be found in Louisiana, Arkansas, and Oklahoma. A rather timid snake despite its large size - four to five feet -, but the temperment of the snake can range from mild tempered to aggressive and will exhibit mouth gaping and biting when approached. Specimens caught in the wild will generally become docile in capacity. Defense mechanisms include making a rattling sound with the tip of its tail and emitting a strong smelling musk.[/i]

Welcome [b][i]randomidget[/b][/i]. You are the [b][i]Leucistic Texas Rat Snake[/b][/i].

You have no abilities besides your voice and your vote. [url]Here is the link[/url] to the discussion thread. Best of luck![/area]
------------
[area][align=center][img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bb/Coiledblueracersnake.jpg/1200px-Coiledblueracersnake.jpg[/img][/align]

[i]Coluber constrictor foxii, commonly known as the blue racer, is a subspecies Coluber constrictor, a species of nonvenomous colubrid snakes - commonly referred to as eastern racers - and is currently an endangered species.[/i]

Welcome [b][i]Invisibility[/b][/i]. You are the [b][i]Blue Racer Snake[/b][/i].

Besides your voice and your vote, here are the other abilities at your disposal:

- Check the Colors [Active]

You are a [b]Tracker[/b]. You may select a target in order to learn who they targeted, but will not be informed of what action they took.

[url]Here is the link[/url] to the discussion thread. Best of luck![/area]
-----------
[area][align=center][img]https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8720/27805167274_60165b81ca_b.jpg[/img][/align]

[i]Calliophis bivirgata, the Blue Malayan Coral Snake or Blue Coral Snake, is a venomous species native to Southeast Asia that lives at elevations ranging from 100 meters to 1100 meters above sea level. A medium sized snake with a slender body, the Blue Coral Snake can reach lengths up to 1.8 meters long. Their venom does not contain a neurotoxin - toxins that affect the central and/or the peripheral nervous system - and instead leads to the destruction of muscle tissue with the ingredient of cytotoxin.[/i]

Welcome [b][i]skitter30[/b][/i]. You are the [b][i]Blue Malayan Coral Snake[/b][/i].

You have no other abilities besides your voice and your vote. [url]Here is the link[/url] to the discussion thread. Best of luck![/area]
------------
[area][align=center][img]https://www.unilad.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/snake-2.jpg[/img][/align]

[i]Dendroaspis polylepis, the black mamba, is a highly venomous snake native to parts of sub-Saharan Africa. This species can exceed lengths of 2.2 meters long and can attain an impressive 3 meters (9.8 ft) in length. As an ambush and pursuit daytime hunting predator, the Black Mamba primarily preys on hyrax, bushbabies, other small mammals, and birds. When threatened, the Black Mamba will display its ink black mouth, spread its neck flap, and hiss. Despite its reputation, the Black Mamba will prefer to flee from humans unless cornered or threatened. Its venom consists of neurotoxins - toxins that affect the central and/or peripheral nervous system - and the symptoms are quick to show.[/i]

Welcome [b][i]horrordude0215[/b][/i]. You are the [b][i]Black Mamba[/b][/i]. 

You have no other abilities besides your voice and your vote. [url]Here is the link[/url] to the discussion thread. Best of luck![/area]
--------------
[area][align=center][img]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7240/6964248468_8e2edbc2a7_o.jpg[/img][/align]

[i]Diadophis punctatus, commonly known as the Ringneck Snake, is a harmless species of colubrid snake found throughout most of the United States, Mexico, and southeastern Canada. These snakes are secretive, nocturnal, are are slightly venomous. However, their nonaggressive nature and small rear-facing fangs means that they pose little threat to humans. The Ringneck Snake is best known for its unique defense posture where it will curl up its tail, exposing the bright red-orange underbelly, when threatened. [/i]

Welcome [b][i]wgurts[/b][/i]. You are the [b][i]Ringneck Snake[/b][/i].

-----------
[area][align=center][img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ZkF8WyxBIH0/UZzsUtZtBxI/AAAAAAAABnQ/461JKXTDF_s/s1600/JCG_6931.jpg[/img][/align]

[i]Drymarchon couperi, the Indigo Eastern Rat Snake, is a large nonvenomous species of snake from the colubrid family, native to Eastern United States. It is one of the longest native snake species in the States. The name, Drymarchon, roughly translates into ‘Lord of the Forest’ and is composed of Greek words. Thanks to its docile nature and attractive appearance, the Indigo Eastern Rat Snake, is a desired pet, but owning one - without a permit - is illegal. Only a few states require a permit, but a federal permit is required to purchase the Indigo Eastern Rat Snake. To thrive in captivity, this snake requires a larger enclosure with something to climb on.[/i]

Welcome [b][i]RadiantCowbells[/b][/i]. You are the [b][i]Indigo Eastern Rat Snake[/b][/i]. 

--------------
[area][align=center][img]https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2900/14141811490_2f79516127_b.jpg[/img][/align]

[i]Bungarus flaviceps, the Red Headed Krait, is a large venomous elapid snake and can grow up to lengths of 7 feet long. It lives in lowland rainforests, even those found on islands, but is considered uncommon. It feeds primarily on snakes, probably semiaquatic and burrowing snakes. The bites from this species are extremely rare and thus the potency of this species’ venom has been left unstudied. 

However, it has been identified that this species’ venom contains neurotoxins that will cause paralyzation and death by asphyxiation as the victim can no longer breathe on their own. As nocturnal and partially aquatic, the Red Headed Krait diet also includes skinks, lizards, frogs, caecilians - limbless serpentine amphibians -, small mammals, and snake eggs.  In the daytime, they do not pose much threat to humans and have been described as lethargic and extremely tolerant and will press their heads into the sand and hide when disturbed. During the night, these snakes are highly active and extremely dangerous.[/i]

Welcome [b][i]popopopopopopo[/b][/i]. You are the [b][i]Red Headed Krait[/b][/i]. 

Last edited by AnonymousGhost on Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 70 times in total.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

BE LOUD! BE PROUD! BE ANTI-TOWN!
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:55 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

<<ASSUMING CONTROL>>

This is now officially a Ghost Post! X3

Sample Role PMs
- All sample power role PMs and flavor are guaranteed to
not
exist in this setup.

Mafia Goon

Morelia boeleni, also known as the Black or Boelen's Python, is the most protected reptile in Papua New Guinea. While it is not endangered, it's unmistakability, fame, and desirability have given it the highest legal protection possible. Although captive-born snakes are hardy, wild caught individuals are considerably more difficult to keep successfully. Captive breeding is rare and the conditions necessary are still unclear.

Welcome AnonymousGhost. You are the
Boelen's python

You are aligned with the
Sneks
. You will win when your faction is either equal or outnumbers the Noodles, or nothing can prevent this from occurring. Please confirm your role PM by replying to this message with the phrase
Snake in the Grass
. Thank you.

Here is the link to the Discussion Thread.

You have no other abilities other than your faction's night kill, your voice, vote, and access to your group PT. Best of luck!

Mafia Power Role

Morelia boeleni, also known as the Black or Boelen's Python, is the most protected reptile in Papua New Guinea. While it is not endangered, it's unmistakability, fame, and desirability have given it the highest legal protection possible. Although captive-born snakes are hardy, wild caught individuals are considerably more difficult to keep successfully. Captive breeding is rare and the conditions necessary are still unclear.

Boelen's python

You are aligned with the
Sneks
. You will win when your faction is either equal or outnumbers the Noodles, or nothing can prevent this from occurring. Please confirm your role PM by replying to this message with the phrase
Snake in the Grass
. Thank you.

- More Than Just Black and White [Passive]

You are a
Godfather
and will investigate as a member of the town (Noodle) to cops.

You may communicate with your fellow Sneks here. Do not share this with anyone outside the mafia. Best of luck!

Vanilla Town

Boelen's python

You are aligned with the
Noodles
. You win when all threats to the Noodles have been removed from the game. Please confirm your role PM by replying to this message with the phrase
Snake in the Grass
. Thank you.

You have no other abilities besides your voice and your vote. Here is the link to the discussion thread. Best of luck.

Town Power Role

Boelen's python

You are aligned with the
Noodles
. You win when all threats to the Noodles have been removed from the game. Please confirm your role PM by replying to this message with the phrase
Snake in the Grass
. Thank you.

- Don't Miss [Active]

You are a
Vigilante
. You may target a player and attempt to kill them.

Here is the link to the discussion thread. Best of luck.

<<RELEASING CONTROL>>
Last edited by AnonymousGhost on Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:06 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

What the role PMs looks like!

Micrurus fulvius, the Eastern Coral Snake, the common coral snake, or the American cobra, is an elusive creature that despite its venom possesses small fangs that are ineffective against the human skin. As a secretive predator, the Eastern Coral Snake is generally reluctant to bite and it’s believed that only 40% of bites administer venom into the prey/victim.

Welcome USERNAME. You are the
Eastern Coral Snake

You are aligned with the
Sneks
Snake in the Grass
. Thank you.

You have no other abilities other than your faction's night kill, your voice, vote, and access to your group PT. Here is the link to the Discussion Thread. Best of luck!

--------

Python regius, the Ball Python, the smallest of the African pythons and placid creature with a unique defensive strategy to curl up into a ball when stressed or frightened. The species is also known as the royal python, a callback to a time when rulers in Africa would wear the snake as living jewelry.

In Southeastern Nigeria, the Igbo people consider it to be symbolic of the earth, as an animal that travels close to the ground. The pythons are treated with great care whenever they happen to wander into a village or someone’s property and they are either allowed to roam freely or are gently picked up and placed out in the forest or field away from the home. If one is accidentally killed, many communities in Igboland will build a coffin for the snake’s remains and give it a short funeral.

Ball Python

You are aligned with the
Sneks
Snake in the Grass
. Thank you.

- It's a Banana [Active]

You are a
Vanilla Cop
. You may target a player in order to learn their role name; will receive either "USERNAME is Vanilla" or "USERNAME is not Vanilla". Investigative results will return as "USERNAME is Vanilla" if the target does not have any additional abilities (e.g. Vanilla Townie, Mafia Goon, a Serial Killer with no other abilities). "USERNAME is not Vanilla" is given for all others.

You may communicate with your fellow Sneks here. Do not share this with anyone outside the mafia. Best of luck!

----------

The mud snake, farancia abacura, is a nonvenomous snake home to southeastern United States. The reptile is aquatic and nocturnal, preying on giant salamanders and other amphibians. They are known to use their sharply pointed tails to poke prey items, giving them the nickname "stinging snake", despite having no stinger tail.

Mud Snake

You are aligned with the
Sneks
Snake in the Grass
. Thank you.

- No Mud Slinging Here! [Active]

You are a
Neighborizer
. You may target a player, recruiting them into a private neighborhood.

-----------

Laticauda semifasciata is known as the Black-Banded Sea Krait or the Chinese Sea Snake and is found in warm western waters off of the Pacific Ocean in Fiji, southern Japan and Singapore. This venomous high snake frequents coral reefs and is nocturnal, preferring to hunt fish by lying in wait in the coral. This species also works with yellow goatfish and bluefin trevally, flushing potential prey from the narrow crannies of the reef, similarly to moral eels. The venom paralyzes the snake's prey and is ten times stronger than that of a cobra. Fortunately, this snake will not bite humans unless threatened.

Black-Banded Sea Krait

You are aligned with the
Noodles
Snake in the Grass
. Thank you.

You have no other abilities besides your voice and your vote. Here is the link to the discussion thread. Best of luck.

-----------

Walterinnesia aegyptia, the Black Desert Cobra, a nocturnal and terrestrial predator who uses mixed hunting methods. After subduing it's prey with its coils, the Black Desert Cobra will inject venom into its prey while it chews. Despite having 'cobra' in its name, this reptile does not display any of the ironic behaviors of the species: rearing up when frightened or flaring out a hood before striking in defense.

Black Desert Cobra

You are aligned with the
Noodles
Snake in the Grass
. Thank you.

--------

Ophiophagus hannah, the King Cobra, a 'cobra' in name only. A carnivorous and cannibalistic predator equipped with a 'growling' hiss that it uses it to protect its young. An outlier among reptiles as the mothers do not choose to abandon their young as soon as the eggs have been laid.

King Cobra

You are aligned with the
Noodles
Snake in the Grass
. Thank you.

- It's Good to Be King [Active]

You are a
Bodyguard
and you may target a player, protecting them from one kill attempt at the cost of dying in their place.

Here is the link to the discussion thread. Best of luck!

------------

As a subspecies of the rat snake, the Texas Rat Snake - Elaphe obsoleta lindheimeri - is a nonvenomous serpent native, primarily, to Texas, but can be found in Louisiana, Arkansas, and Oklahoma. A rather timid snake despite its large size - four to five feet -, but the temperment of the snake can range from mild tempered to aggressive and will exhibit mouth gaping and biting when approached. Specimens caught in the wild will generally become docile in capacity. Defense mechanisms include making a rattling sound with the tip of its tail and emitting a strong smelling musk.

Leucistic Texas Rat Snake

You are aligned with the
Noodles
Snake in the Grass
. Thank you.

You have no abilities besides your voice and your vote. Here is the link to the discussion thread. Best of luck!

------------

Coluber constrictor foxii, commonly known as the blue racer, is a subspecies Coluber constrictor, a species of nonvenomous colubrid snakes - commonly referred to as eastern racers - and is currently an endangered species.

Welcome UESRNAME. You are the
Blue Racer Snake

You are aligned with the
Noodles
Snake in the Grass
. Thank you.

- Check the Colors [Active]

You are a
Tracker
. You may select a target in order to learn who they targeted, but will not be informed of what action they took.

Here is the link to the discussion thread. Best of luck!

-----------

Calliophis bivirgata, the Blue Malayan Coral Snake or Blue Coral Snake, is a venomous species native to Southeast Asia that lives at elevations ranging from 100 meters to 1100 meters above sea level. A medium sized snake with a slender body, the Blue Coral Snake can reach lengths up to 1.8 meters long. Their venom does not contain a neurotoxin - toxins that affect the central and/or the peripheral nervous system - and instead leads to the destruction of muscle tissue with the ingredient of cytotoxin.

Blue Malayan Coral Snake

You are aligned with the
Noodles
Snake in the Grass
. Thank you.

You have no other abilities besides your voice and your vote. Here is the link to the discussion thread. Best of luck!

------------

Dendroaspis polylepis, the black mamba, is a highly venomous snake native to parts of sub-Saharan Africa. This species can exceed lengths of 2.2 meters long and can attain an impressive 3 meters (9.8 ft) in length. As an ambush and pursuit daytime hunting predator, the Black Mamba primarily preys on hyrax, bushbabies, other small mammals, and birds. When threatened, the Black Mamba will display its ink black mouth, spread its neck flap, and hiss. Despite its reputation, the Black Mamba will prefer to flee from humans unless cornered or threatened. Its venom consists of neurotoxins - toxins that affect the central and/or peripheral nervous system - and the symptoms are quick to show.

Black Mamba

You are aligned with the
Noodles
Snake in the Grass
. Thank you.

You have no other abilities besides your voice and your vote. Here is the link to the discussion thread. Best of luck!

--------------

Diadophis punctatus, commonly known as the Ringneck Snake, is a harmless species of colubrid snake found throughout most of the United States, Mexico, and southeastern Canada. These snakes are secretive, nocturnal, are are slightly venomous. However, their nonaggressive nature and small rear-facing fangs means that they pose little threat to humans. The Ringneck Snake is best known for its unique defense posture where it will curl up its tail, exposing the bright red-orange underbelly, when threatened.

Ringneck Snake

You are aligned with the
Noodles
Snake in the Grass
. Thank you.

-----------

Drymarchon couperi, the Indigo Eastern Rat Snake, is a large nonvenomous species of snake from the colubrid family, native to Eastern United States. It is one of the longest native snake species in the States. The name, Drymarchon, roughly translates into ‘Lord of the Forest’ and is composed of Greek words. Thanks to its docile nature and attractive appearance, the Indigo Eastern Rat Snake, is a desired pet, but owning one - without a permit - is illegal. Only a few states require a permit, but a federal permit is required to purchase the Indigo Eastern Rat Snake. To thrive in captivity, this snake requires a larger enclosure with something to climb on.

Indigo Eastern Rat Snake

You are aligned with the
Noodles
Snake in the Grass
. Thank you.

--------------

Bungarus flaviceps, the Red Headed Krait, is a large venomous elapid snake and can grow up to lengths of 7 feet long. It lives in lowland rainforests, even those found on islands, but is considered uncommon. It feeds primarily on snakes, probably semiaquatic and burrowing snakes. The bites from this species are extremely rare and thus the potency of this species’ venom has been left unstudied.

However, it has been identified that this species’ venom contains neurotoxins that will cause paralyzation and death by asphyxiation as the victim can no longer breathe on their own. As nocturnal and partially aquatic, the Red Headed Krait diet also includes skinks, lizards, frogs, caecilians - limbless serpentine amphibians -, small mammals, and snake eggs. In the daytime, they do not pose much threat to humans and have been described as lethargic and extremely tolerant and will press their heads into the sand and hide when disturbed. During the night, these snakes are highly active and extremely dangerous.

Red Headed Krait

You are aligned with the
Noodles
Snake in the Grass
. Thank you.

Last edited by AnonymousGhost on Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:38 am, edited 11 times in total.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:23 am

<<ASSUMING CONTROL>>

Game Overview
-
Some rules were adopted from Plotinus, mhsmith0, and yessiree. Thanks!

• This game is conditioned as a full reveal. Upon a player's removal, a player's role and alignment are released to the public.

• The game is conditioned as semi-open. Players will be aware of all possible roles that may exist within the setup, but will not be informed of the distribution of these roles in advance.

• This game is conditioned as 3 mafia versus 10 town players.

• The game will end when a game-ending faction has achieved its win condition. A game-ending faction is any faction whose wincon cannot win with any other wincon i.e. town, mafia, serial killer, jester, etc.

• Flavor is for fun and is not indicative of alignment, roles, abilities, game mechanics, or anything else related to the game.

• Scum are given the ability to talk during all phases of the game.

• Individual scum cannot simultaneously perform their factional kill ability and use their abilities, if any, during the same Night Phase.

• Roles are not indicative of alignment.

• I will not answer game clarification questions in misleading ways. (i.e. I will not tell you that an ability is passive when it is actually active.)

• I will not intentionally lie to you if you have a question concerning your role or the mechanics of the game. I may answer vaguely, i.e. “No comment” or “I cannot answer that at this time,” for instance.

• In general: if a question would break the game or implicate another player's role, there is little chance that I will answer it.
Conduct:

• Try to not take things personally.
    You should expect debates to potentially become heated.

• Bear the following in mind:
    Some will lie, and others will be deceived.
    It is all in the spirit of the game. That said, personal attacks or the implication of personal attacks are strictly off-limits and may result in a Locked thread and/or a Mod Kill depending on the severity of the insults.

• I have the final say. Respect my judgement. I reserve the right to adjust the rules as I see fit. I
    will
    always tell players about a change in the rules as these changes happen in order to ensure the prevention of game breaking incidents from occurring.

• Pretending to break a rule is equal to actually breaking a rule and may get a player Mod-Killed depending on the nature of the infraction.

• This is my color. Don't use it.
    (#BF0000)
Post Content Guidelines:

• Respect and obey the MafiaScum Code of Conduct.
    All site wide rules apply.
    Play to win, please with respect, and try not to ruin the game for other players.

• Do not talk about this game anywhere else unless I have specified it is permitted such as in a private topic. This includes PM-ing other players.

• No invisible, cryptographic, or deliberate obfuscation of text.

• No talking after death.

• No editing or deleting your posts.

• No discussion of ongoing games.

• Paraphrasing is acceptable.
Activity Requirements & Guidelines:

• Players who have failed to confirm their role PM within 72 hours after role PMs have been distributed will be auto-replaced.

• After 36 hours of inactivity, players will be prodded to ensure that they are still interested in playing the game and continue to participate. After the prod, players will have 24 hours to respond with game related material or be replaced.

• To avoid being replaced for inactivity, be sure to include game advancing content to your post i.e. “Got prodded, X is still scum. I'll catch up later”. Naked prod dodges ("I'll get to this later,") do not reset the prod timer.

• If you have not posted game advancing content in 5 days, regardless of V/LA status,
    you will be replaced.

• If you declare V/LA, you will be nudged every 72 hours (3 days). Two nudges equals one prod in V/LA.

• As a rule of thumb, if you are not on V/LA, you should try to post game related content at least once per every 24 hours.

• Players are allowed to be prodded
    two separate times
    before they will be replaced.

• Don't be afraid to use the V/LA, but don't abuse it either.
Deadlines:

• Day phases are ten days long. Night phases are forty eight hours long.

• The majority are allowed only one day phase extension for the entire game that does not involve replacements. If you'd like to use the extension, you can VOTE: Extend the Day. When a majority has been reached, the extension will add seven days to the current deadline.

• A singular player replacement extension will be an average of 24 hours added to the current deadline during the Day Phase.
Lynch Guidelines:

• Majority lynching mechanic in play. Extensions and no-lynches are also decided through majority voting.

• If several players are tied for a lynch, then no lynch will occur.

• Players can use the vote tags (e.g. VOTE: AnonymousGhost or bolding (e.g.
    Vote: AnonymousGhost
    . Unvoting is not required.

• Be sure to include the
    colon
    (if you're not using the vote tags)! I will be using the control+F command to locate your votes!
Ability Information & Guidelines:

• All abilities will be labeled to prevent player confusion. If you are still confused, do not hesitate to shoot me a PM.

• Active Abilities
    : These abilities require “activation” on the player’s part in order to take place. Make a decision on whether or not you want to use an ability and then notify me via PM. You may only use
    one active ability per night
    , unless otherwise specified in your role card.

• Passive Abilities
    : For the most part, these abilities are automatically in effect, unless specified otherwise.

• Factional abilities are considered Active abilities.

• Some abilities may be listed as [X-Shot], where X is replaced by a number. This means that that ability has a limited number of uses, and that limit is specified by the number that replaces “X”. If an X-Shot ability fails for whatever reason, then that failed shot is considered to be used and cannot be reused/recovered by the player.

• All active abilities occur in a specific order; this is called the
    Turn Order
    . Due to this order, a player’s action may fail inexplicably.

• Most Importantly
    , players should note that
    not everything
    will be announced in the EotD post. This means that, unless otherwise given a role where they
    should
    receive Mod confirmation i.e. a cop or a tracker, players will
    not
    receive Mod confirmation that their actions were successful or not.
Win Conditions:

• Noodles
    : Wins when all threats to the Noodles have been removed from the game.

• Sneks
    : Wins when they either equal or outnumber the Noodles, or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

• In order to prevent underhanded scum hunting, the town/mafia win cons are word-for-word here as are in the role PMs player will receive.
Semi-Open Setup:

• Roles are listed in their turn order.

• Bodyguard: May target a player and protect them from one kill attempt, dying in the kill target's place.

• Vanilla Cop: May target a player in order to learn their role name; will receive either "USERNAME is Vanilla" or "USERNAME is not Vanilla". Investigative results will return as "USERNAME is Vanilla" if the target does not have any additional abilities (e.g. Vanilla Townie, Mafia Goon, a Serial Killer with no other abilities). "USERNAME is not Vanilla" is given for all others.

• Tracker: May target a player, learning who they targeted, but not what action was performed.

• Neighborizer: May target a player and recruit them into a neighborhood.
Last edited by AnonymousGhost on Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:24 am

One other thing; I ask anyone I review this; what part of this info are you planning to tell the players?
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:45 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Thanks for the advice Golden. I'll see about powering up the SK, 1 Shot Bulletproof most likely.

I would like your opinion on a few specific points:

Is the Psychiatrist a good "balance" to the SK? If you don't know what it is, it's a role that can turn the SK into a Vanilla Townie.

Should the SK be exclusively warned beforehand, or should I just mention the possibility of alignment changing in the general rule set for everyone to see? I prefer the latter, as then everyone will be aware of its existence. I fear that if I privately inform the SK, specifically, that there's a possibility that the SK will simply announce themselves as the SK in order to just play as town - a much less stressful role.

How's the swing/balance of the game?

How does the venomous mechanic impact the game in your opinion?

Was there anything that you were confused about? If you got confused by it, chances are the players will be confused as well.

I'm phone posting right now, but I'll give you the link to the rules/set up information. Is that what you're referring to in your question?

In a nutshell, I would be announcing that it is bastard, role madness, no reveal, no multiball - mention that SKs and other individual 3rd parties can exist -, hidden game mechanics that may interfere with a player's actions, the possibility that a player's alignment can change, and that certain roles/abilities may have the ability to temporarily alter the length of the Day phase.

IIRC that's all the stuff that will be mentioned when it hits the Queue - so people are warned beforehand - and will be restated in the rules/set up specifics when the actual game thread is made.

Edit: I will not specifically call attention to the venom mechanic, but venomous players will have a passive and intentionally vague description of the ability that hints at it. Off of phone posting, I'll upload the link to the rules/roles Google doc.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:28 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Forgot to add. Game will be semi UPick. Players will submit PM with numbers ordered from most preferred to least based on a Google Doc with pictures of unnamed and numbered snakes. Doc will close after everyone has submitted their preferences. To prevent mass claims, Doc will be locked off and players will not be referred to as their chosen snake in public Mod announcements. In their private role PMs, I will introduce it with "Hello Username. You are the Cobra,".

In public mod announcements, I will refer to players as Subject #. The number is a Roman numeral based on their join date. For example...

AnonymousGhost, Subject VIII-XXVIII-XVIII, has been terminated.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:24 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Here's the link to the Google Doc where all the intro post stuff is currently living. You should be able to view it, if not, I'll change it ASAP.

Edit: Locked access. Stuff's already here in this thread for reference purposes.
Last edited by AnonymousGhost on Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:40 pm

In post 5, AnonymousGhost wrote:Thanks for the advice Golden. I'll see about powering up the SK, 1 Shot Bulletproof most likely.

I would like your opinion on a few specific points:

Is the Psychiatrist a good "balance" to the SK? If you don't know what it is, it's a role that can turn the SK into a Vanilla Townie.
The Psychiatrist is a good balance.

Should the SK be exclusively warned beforehand, or should I just mention the possibility of alignment changing in the general rule set for everyone to see? I prefer the latter, as then everyone will be aware of its existence. I fear that if I privately inform the SK, specifically, that there's a possibility that the SK will simply announce themselves as the SK in order to just play as town - a much less stressful role.

I think the SK should be warned beforehand that there is a Psychiatrist in the game, and so should the Mafia as an effective falseclaim; for instance, a Mafia member could claim SK and ask for Psychatrist rolechanging, making the claim not 100% confirmed and allowing for possibility of counterclaim. The mafia should also be informed that there is an SK, and you could also give the SK more info; for instance some sort of rolecop ability.

How's the swing/balance of the game?
I like it! There will be 3 kills every cycle, so the game will be decently fast, but the BP balances it somewhat. One thing you could do is to have the SK bypass a BP and also remove the backup psychiatrist in favor of an odd-night psychiatrist as well as an even-night one.

How does the venomous mechanic impact the game in your opinion?
I don't understand the mechanic.

Was there anything that you were confused about? If you got confused by it, chances are the players will be confused as well.

I'm phone posting right now, but I'll give you the link to the rules/set up information. Is that what you're referring to in your question?

In a nutshell, I would be announcing that it is bastard, role madness, no reveal, no multiball - mention that SKs and other individual 3rd parties can exist -, hidden game mechanics that may interfere with a player's actions, the possibility that a player's alignment can change, and that certain roles/abilities may have the ability to temporarily alter the length of the Day phase.

IIRC that's all the stuff that will be mentioned when it hits the Queue - so people are warned beforehand - and will be restated in the rules/set up specifics when the actual game thread is made.

Edit: I will not specifically call attention to the venom mechanic, but venomous players will have a passive and intentionally vague description of the ability that hints at it. Off of phone posting, I'll upload the link to the rules/roles Google doc.
One thing that I might change is to remove the Absorber. Having an ability that you don't know of is definitely very bastard and I don't think you should have it in the game because it borders on just bad.
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:01 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

I think the SK should be warned beforehand that there is a Psychiatrist in the game, and so should the Mafia as an effective falseclaim; for instance, a Mafia member could claim SK and ask for Psychatrist rolechanging, making the claim not 100% confirmed and allowing for possibility of counterclaim. The mafia should also be informed that there is an SK, and you could also give the SK more info; for instance some sort of rolecop ability.

Clarifying: does this mean that the town wouldn't be informed of an alignment changing role like the Psychiatrist via the rule set? If I were to inform either the SK or the mafia, it would be very vague and virtually the same message that town would be receiving. Probably something like "There is the possibility that your alignment is subject to change after game start due to established game play mechanics,".

I like it! There will be 3 kills every cycle, so the game will be decently fast, but the BP balances it somewhat. One thing you could do is to have the SK bypass a BP and also remove the backup psychiatrist in favor of an odd-night psychiatrist as well as an even-night one.

It should be two kills per cycle? SK's poison kill ability and mafia factional kill. Trapper is a one shot.

I like the suggestion of the SK's kill bypassing a BP. Would this use up a player's 1-shot BP?

The more I think about it, I think instead of an Even or Odd Night, I'll place a Motivator in the mix. Motivator are roles that select a player and then enables the Motivator's target to use an ability twice. So, Motivator targets Psychiatrist N1. Psychiatrist is informed by Mod that they can target two players only for N2. By N3, Psychiatrist is back to selecting one player at a time and Motivator has to pick another play. Ooh~ Maybe I'll attach on the role modifier of Nonconsecutive too.

I think I should give Town the Motivator, replace it with the Nexus in fact.

Thoughts?

Remove Absorber

Hmmm. Alright. Do you have any ideas for a replacement role? I was thinking Doctor or some other very town-y role. It would protect against the SK accidentally cross firing at the Mafi by accident.

Poison Mechanic

Actually, the more I think about it... it's too bastardy and will more than likely lessen the players' willingness to use their abilities.

Basically, it was this. If you click on the tab that says 'Venom Tracker', you'll see all of the snakes that were marked - black background, green text - in the Reference tab. All of these players are informed in their role PMs that they have this Passive ability that affects anyone who visits them during the Night Phase, but are not informed of the specifics. Players who targeted these 'venomous' players would be affected by their 'venom' and be affected by it via Hated, Loved, moving to the end of the Turn Order, redirections, etc.

Poisoner SK

Most people don't like SKs, most people don't like to play as SKs on MS. Do you think being a Poisoner will impact the player's willingness to play along? It's basically a form of a delayed NK i.e. target Player A on N1, Player 1 dies during N2.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:20 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

If you can access the role PMs, can you take a look at the Lightning Rod and give me your thoughts? I think it's insanely swing and can do great good or evil if used correctly or incorrectly.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:47 pm

In post 9, AnonymousGhost wrote:
Unbolded everything; everything I bold now is thoughts on your most recent post.

Clarifying: does this mean that the town wouldn't be informed of an alignment changing role like the Psychiatrist via the rule set? If I were to inform either the SK or the mafia, it would be very vague and virtually the same message that town would be receiving. Probably something like "There is the possibility that your alignment is subject to change after game start due to established game play mechanics,".
At that point, it's best to tell the SK that there
may
be a Psychiatrist in the game and tell the town about alignment changing roles; so that the SK might not claim for fear of not having a Psychiatrist in the game.

It should be two kills per cycle? SK's poison kill ability and mafia factional kill. Trapper is a one shot.

Plus the lynch, sorry I didn't clarify.

I like the suggestion of the SK's kill bypassing a BP. Would this use up a player's 1-shot BP?

I don't think so.

The more I think about it, I think instead of an Even or Odd Night, I'll place a Motivator in the mix. Motivator are roles that select a player and then enables the Motivator's target to use an ability twice. So, Motivator targets Psychiatrist N1. Psychiatrist is informed by Mod that they can target two players only for N2. By N3, Psychiatrist is back to selecting one player at a time and Motivator has to pick another play. Ooh~ Maybe I'll attach on the role modifier of Nonconsecutive too.

I think I should give Town the Motivator, replace it with the Nexus in fact.

I think the Lightning Rod is too swingy, you could replace it with that if you'd like. Also, who are you planning to Nonconsecutive; the Motivator or the Psychiatrist?

Thoughts?

Remove Absorber

Hmmm. Alright. Do you have any ideas for a replacement role? I was thinking Doctor or some other very town-y role. It would protect against the SK accidentally cross firing at the Mafi by accident.

Maybe a Nonconsecutive or Odd/Even Night Rolestopper.

Poison Mechanic

Actually, the more I think about it... it's too bastardy and will more than likely lessen the players' willingness to use their abilities.

Basically, it was this. If you click on the tab that says 'Venom Tracker', you'll see all of the snakes that were marked - black background, green text - in the Reference tab. All of these players are informed in their role PMs that they have this Passive ability that affects anyone who visits them during the Night Phase, but are not informed of the specifics. Players who targeted these 'venomous' players would be affected by their 'venom' and be affected by it via Hated, Loved, moving to the end of the Turn Order, redirections, etc.
Just saw the other tabs of the sheet, lol. I think the Venom is a bad idea.

Poisoner SK
Most people don't like SKs, most people don't like to play as SKs on MS. Do you think being a Poisoner will impact the player's willingness to play along? It's basically a form of a delayed NK i.e. target Player A on N1, Player 1 dies during N2.
Eh... No one wants to play as an SK unless they get a cool boost of some sort. What about making the SK an Inquisitor, and if their target is a BP that has not used their shot yet then they get recruited... Tell me if that's a horrible idea.
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:15 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

At that point, it's best to tell the SK that there may be a Psychiatrist in the game and tell the town about alignment changing roles; so that the SK might not claim for fear of not having a Psychiatrist in the game.

My only fear is that the SK will claim because the don't want to be an SK and take that chance that the Psychiatrist exists. Alternatively, I could make a False Psychiatrist and then have a Backup Psychiatrist. To compensate for being the False Psychiatrist, maybe that player could become a Tree Stomp?

Actually... nah. That kinda sounds dumb.

Would SK announcing that they're the SK be game throwing/against their Win Con? I don't think the former, but I think it's the latter. Say they do announce that they're the SK on D1. What should I do in that scenario? I think Mod Killing would be appropriate but I don't know for sure. I would prefer to Force Replace them instead if this does happen.

Depending on the Town and the Replacement's charisma, the SK might not even get lynched for their actions and Psychiatrist might not even target them. Psychiatrist probably would though, because 'lol. wut do i have to loose?' or some train of thought like that. If that does happen, I could tack on the Novice Role Modifier onto the Psychiatrist as well.

Actually, now that I think about it... Acting against that player could validate their SK claim and town might figure that out, no lynch them, and Psychiatrist achieves their personal Win Con N1. :l

Thoughts on the likelihood of SK claiming SK, what to do if they do claim, and how it would affect Psychiatrist?

I think the Lightning Rod is too swingy, you could replace it with that if you'd like. Also, who are you planning to Nonconsecutive; the Motivator or the Psychiatrist?

Hmm. I'll think of a new role.

Nonconsecutive for the Motivator, sorry for lack of clarity.

My only fear is that Role Stopper is an inherently Mafi Role in a non-role madness game. Claiming that role in the role madness might not get the same 'lol let's lynch them anyways. their role sucks' reaction from town. Thoughts? Do you think in a role madness that the role stopper will be viewed as more likely scum than town? In a non-role madness, I'd absolutely say that that's a role only scum can benefit from, or a role that's inherently anti-town.

Makes the Night Phases a whole lot more complicated in foresight.

Eh... No one wants to play as an SK unless they get a cool boost of some sort. What about making the SK an Inquisitor, and if their target is a BP that has not used their shot yet then they get recruited... Tell me if that's a horrible idea.

In a game this small, that might be turn the game into an inadvertent multi-ball. And I know people on MS hate multi-ball games. Theoretically if the SK hit both of the 1-Shot BPs, then that'd round their numbers up to three - assuming the SK didn't eat a NK. That would turn the game into a - in the worst case scenario - 5 scum vs 8ish (I don't think that's right). Very very scum sided by sheer numbers. I'd have to employ some quack doctors or Goo role into the mix if that was the case.

Got any other ideas?

I think there are few mafia discussion forms about SK and some of the replies include what would make them more enjoyable to the player who got that role. I'll hunt for those and see what else I can tag onto the SK.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:58 am

In post 12, AnonymousGhost wrote:At that point, it's best to tell the SK that there may be a Psychiatrist in the game and tell the town about alignment changing roles; so that the SK might not claim for fear of not having a Psychiatrist in the game.

My only fear is that the SK will claim because the don't want to be an SK and take that chance that the Psychiatrist exists. Alternatively, I could make a False Psychiatrist and then have a Backup Psychiatrist. To compensate for being the False Psychiatrist, maybe that player could become a Tree Stomp?

Actually... nah. That kinda sounds dumb.

Would SK announcing that they're the SK be game throwing/against their Win Con? I don't think the former, but I think it's the latter. Say they do announce that they're the SK on D1. What should I do in that scenario? I think Mod Killing would be appropriate but I don't know for sure. I would prefer to Force Replace them instead if this does happen.
I honestly think there should be no Psy at this point, alignment-changing roles make the player have to change the whole way they play. I really think we should have alignment changings at this point.

Depending on the Town and the Replacement's charisma, the SK might not even get lynched for their actions and Psychiatrist might not even target them. Psychiatrist probably would though, because 'lol. wut do i have to loose?' or some train of thought like that. If that does happen, I could tack on the Novice Role Modifier onto the Psychiatrist as well.

Actually, now that I think about it... Acting against that player could validate their SK claim and town might figure that out, no lynch them, and Psychiatrist achieves their personal Win Con N1. :l
Agreed

Thoughts on the likelihood of SK claiming SK, what to do if they do claim, and how it would affect Psychiatrist?

If I was an SK I wouldn't claim, and I'm thinking a 10% if you say that there is a possibility of a Psychiatrist. What if you leave the Psych out and tell the SK there is a possibility, and say in the Role PM to not claim b/c its against wincon, then if the SK claims they'd have screwed themselves over?

Hmm. I'll think of a new role.

Nonconsecutive for the Motivator, sorry for lack of clarity.

My only fear is that Role Stopper is an inherently Mafi Role in a non-role madness game. Claiming that role in the role madness might not get the same 'lol let's lynch them anyways. their role sucks' reaction from town. Thoughts? Do you think in a role madness that the role stopper will be viewed as more likely scum than town? In a non-role madness, I'd absolutely say that that's a role only scum can benefit from, or a role that's inherently anti-town.
The role stopper also protects from kills, so I think it's not even a totally Maf role in a normal game; it can be used as a Doctor somewhat.

Makes the Night Phases a whole lot more complicated in foresight.

In a game this small, that might be turn the game into an inadvertent multi-ball. And I know people on MS hate multi-ball games. Theoretically if the SK hit both of the 1-Shot BPs, then that'd round their numbers up to three - assuming the SK didn't eat a NK. That would turn the game into a - in the worst case scenario - 5 scum vs 8ish (I don't think that's right). Very very scum sided by sheer numbers. I'd have to employ some quack doctors or Goo role into the mix if that was the case.
Yeah, that's fair.

Got any other ideas?

I think there are few mafia discussion forms about SK and some of the replies include what would make them more enjoyable to the player who got that role. I'll hunt for those and see what else I can tag onto the SK.
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:00 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

I'll think about scraping the Psychiatrist. The SK's "affect" on the game is minimized because of the delayed NK and the fact that their targets can shoot off one more round of actions before they die the following Night after being afflicted in the first place. So already the SK's affect on the game is balanced just a bit. With the Psychiatrist gone, I'll just erase the bit about the possibility about alignment changing roles/mechanics existing in the game.

What do you think the SK should investigate as to anyone who receives the Amnesiac Role cop's result? I was thinker Poisoner, instead of Serial Killer.

I'll think about the Rolestopper.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:54 am

In post 14, AnonymousGhost wrote:I'll think about scraping the Psychiatrist. The SK's "affect" on the game is minimized because of the delayed NK and the fact that their targets can shoot off one more round of actions before they die the following Night after being afflicted in the first place. So already the SK's affect on the game is balanced just a bit. With the Psychiatrist gone, I'll just erase the bit about the possibility about alignment changing roles/mechanics existing in the game.

Agreed

What do you think the SK should investigate as to anyone who receives the Amnesiac Role cop's result? I was thinker Poisoner, instead of Serial Killer.
What about Delayed Vigilante? That make the role look more townie.
Also, does the Amne sent the results to a random player? Does that player know who was targeted?

I'll think about the Rolestopper.
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Delayed Vigilante is a clue that something's up. Why would a vigilante be delayed Smart townies would ask? Plus, it could potentially screw them over if they fake claim something else.

Role Cop sends the result to someone else and the result will show as "Username is Doctor".
Talk Fast, Think Faster

TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:39 am

In post 16, AnonymousGhost wrote:Delayed Vigilante is a clue that something's up. Why would a vigilante be delayed Smart townies would ask? Plus, it could potentially screw them over if they fake claim something else.

Role Cop sends the result to someone else and the result will show as "Username is Doctor".
What about just plain Vig results and tell the SK they'lll investigate as Vig?
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:43 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

That's pretty bastard because I'd be outright lying to whomever received the result.

Edit: I know I listed this game as just a little bit bastard, but upon reviewing the new setup, it's not really that bastardy.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:45 am

In post 18, AnonymousGhost wrote:That's pretty bastard because I'd be outright lying to whomever received the result.
Isn't just telling them "Vig" just kinda telling part of the role? Since I've heard that the Role Cop doesn't necessarily receive modifiers, and technically Poisoner is a Delayed Vig, so you could just not tell that modifier.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:47 am

I just saw the change to 2-shot doc. Why not change it to 2-shot babysitter to allow for the SK not having to kill repeatedly? Do you think that would be balanced?
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:51 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Not inform the receiver of the 'role modifier' on the 'Vigilante'?

PEdit: SK usually isn't going to shoot the mafia early game because of the challenge a 1 v 10 game can pose. I'll juggle Doctor with something else, maybe just make the Mafi a 1-shot Doctor or a 1-Shot Commuter.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:15 am

In post 21, AnonymousGhost wrote:Not inform the receiver of the 'role modifier' on the 'Vigilante'?
ya

PEdit: SK usually isn't going to shoot the mafia early game because of the challenge a 1 v 10 game can pose. I'll juggle Doctor with something else, maybe just make the Mafi a 1-shot Doctor or a 1-Shot Commuter.
that's fair
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:47 am

Did you remove the "Loved" and "Hated" passive abilities?
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:00 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Yes. I might consider adding on the Loved role modifier back onto the Poisoner, especially with Double Voters in play. Also changed Poisoner's win con so that they win when they make it to LyLo, regardless if they make it to end game or not.

Hated role modifier and compulsive added onto the Seraph Knight is a bit quirky. Especially since the Seraph Knight's neighbor can claim that the Seraph Knight is what they say they are.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”