he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Ircher's Large Normal Review, May 2018

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 11:59 am

Post by implosion »

Ircher wrote:My Setup
(Also, may want to consider assigning RadiantCowbells as one of the reviewers)
Ircher wrote:Game Name: A Really Large Normal Game
Game Type: Large Normal
Game Size: 25 Players

Role List:
1. Town Vanilla
2. Town Vanilla
3. Town Vanilla
4. Town Vanilla
5. Town Vanilla
6. Town Vanilla
7. Town Vanilla
8. Town Vanilla
9. Town Vanilla
10. Town Vanilla
11. Town Vanilla
12. Town Vanilla
13. Town Vanilla
---
14. Town Neighbor A Friendly Neighbor
15. Town Neighbor A Friendly Neighbor
16. Town Innocent Child Neighbor A
17. Town Innocent Child Neighbor A
18. Town Mason
19. Town Mason
20. Town Mason
21. Town Universal Backup
---
22. Mafia Tracker
23. Mafia Backup Tracker
24. Mafia Tracker Enabler
25. Mafia Universal Backup

(The letters for the neighbors are simply to clearly identify who all is in a neigbhorhood together.)

Role PMs:
1. Town Vanilla
Spoiler: Vanilla Townie
Welcome, {Player}, to NY {Number}!
You are a
Vanilla Townie
!

You only have your voice and your vote. Use them well!
Win:
You win when all threats to the town are eliminated, and at least one town-aligned player is still alive.
Confirm:
Please confirm by responding with your alignment and role name. You must also post in-thread at least once during pre-game.

2. Town Neighbor Friendly Neighbor
Spoiler: Town Neighbor Friendly Neighbor
You are a
Town Neighbor Friendly Neighbor
!

Neighbor
- You share a neighborhood thread PT with {X}, {Y}, and {Z} that is open at all times. You do not know these players' alignments. The neighborhood PT link will be given in a separate pm.
Friendly Neighbor
- Each night, you may attempt to inform a player that you are
aligned with the town
Win:
You win when all threats to the town are eliminated, and at least one town-aligned player is still alive.
Confirm:
Please confirm by responding with your alignment and role name. You must also post in-thread at least once during pre-game.

3. Town Innocent Child Neighbor
Spoiler: Town Innocent Child Neighbor
You are a
Town Innocent Child Neighbor
!

Neighbor
- You share a neighborhood PT with {X}, {Y}, and {Z} that is open at all times. You do not know these players' alignments. The neighborhood PT link will be given in a separate pm.
Innocent Child
- At any time, you may have the moderator confirm in-thread that you are
aligned with the town
You must PM the moderator; posting in-thread is insufficient!

Win:
Confirm:

4. Town Mason
Spoiler: Town Mason
You are a
Town Mason
!

Mason
- You share a mason PT with {X} and {Y} that is open at all times. You know that both of these players are
aligned with the town
. The neighborhood PT link will be given in a separate pm.
Win:
Confirm:

5. Town Universal Backup (Due to game mechanics, you may consider this a greylist role versus a whitelisted role, not that it matters much in my opinion)
Spoiler: Town Universal Backup
You are a
Town Universal Backup
!

Universal Backup
- You will inherit the role of the first
town
player to die that possesses a non-vanilla role.
This includes both active and passive abilities.
If multiple town players with non-vanilla roles die in the same night, the moderator will randomly decide which role you inherit.
Upon inheriting a role, you will receive a new role pm with details on your new role.
You will investigate as such role for the remainder of the game (rather than as Universal Backup).

Win:
Confirm:

6. Mafia Tracker
Spoiler: Mafia Tracker
You are a
Mafia Tracker
!

Mafia Communication
- You share a mafia PT with {X} (Backup Tracker), {Y} (Tracker Enabler), and {Z} (Universal Backup). The thread is open at all times, and you may submit night actions there along with your teammates.
Mafia Kill
- Each night, you may send one of you or your fellow mafia out to attempt a kill.
You may not kill and use an active ability in the same night.

Tracker
- Each night, you may attempt to figure out where someone went that night. In other words, you will attempt to learn who your target visited that night. Possible results are shown below:
Tracker Success wrote:You saw {X} visit {Y}.
Tracker Saw Nothing wrote:You did not see {X} go anywhere.
Tracker No Result wrote:No Result
Win:
You win when mafia are the only players remaining, or if nothing can prevent this from happening.
Confirm:

7. Mafia Backup Tracker
Spoiler: Mafia Backup Tracker
You are a
Mafia Backup Tracker
!

Mafia Communication
- You share a mafia PT with {X} (Tracker), {Y} (Tracker Enabler), and {Z} (Universal Backup). The thread is open at all times, and you may submit night actions there along with your teammates.
Mafia Kill
- Each night, you may send one of you or your fellow mafia out to attempt a kill.

Backup Tracker
- If and when a tracker dies, you will be able to track another player each night. You will be sent a pm with more details when this happens.
Win:
You win when mafia are the only players remaining, or if nothing can prevent this from happening.
Confirm:

8. Mafia Tracker Enabler
Spoiler: Mafia Tracker Enabler
You are a
Mafia Tracker Enabler
!

Mafia Communication
- You share a mafia PT with {X} (Tracker), {Y} (Backup Tracker), and {Z} (Universal Backup). The thread is open at all times, and you may submit night actions there along with your teammates.
Mafia Kill

Tracker Enabler
- While you are alive, trackers are able to use their night action. When you die, trackers will be unable to use their night action. (If they attempt to, they will receive "No Result" in return.)
Win:
Confirm:

9. Mafia Universal Backup
Spoiler: Mafia Universal Backup
You are a
Mafia Universal Backup
!

Mafia Communication
- You share a mafia PT with {X} (Tracker), {Y} (Backup Tracker), and {Z} (Tracker Enabler). The thread is open at all times, and you may submit night actions there along with your teammates.
Mafia Kill

Universal Backup
- You will inherit the role of the first
mafia
player to die that possesses a non-vanilla role.
This includes both active and passive abilities.
If multiple mafia players with non-vanilla roles die in the same night, the moderator will randomly decide which role you inherit.
Upon inheriting a role, you will receive a new role pm with details on your new role.
You will investigate as such role for the remainder of the game (rather than as Universal Backup).

Win:
Confirm:

Rules

Respect

1. Follow the golden rule:
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
(As a clarification, the rule is
not
do unto others as they do unto you.)
1a.
You are to assume good faith for all players that request replacement, regardless if you believe it to be a tactical replacement or not.
It is the moderator's responsibility to investigate if there is reasonable evidence to believe it is a tactical replacement. Otherwise, suggesting such is disrespectful and unethical. Furthermore, it brings an outside influence into the game so just do not do it.
1b.
Avoid bringing major real-life events into the game. Do not question other people's motives should they bring major real-life events into the game.
The best thing to do is to keep real life out of this game, but if something major does happen and it affects your ability to play then others should accept it as-is rather than engage in the unethical practice of assigning ulterior motives to it.
Play to win.

2a.
You must read your role pm, and confirm that you understand your role.

2b.
Do not state, whether honest or false, that you have not read your role pm
in-thread. If I somehow forget to send you a role pm or send you multiple role pms, please contact me
by pm
2c. You can claim scum, and you can claim scum with someone else procided that the moderator can reasonably suspect non-malicious motives behind such.
2d. Scum can night kill their teammates, but I must see evidence that such a move is not game-throwing.
Avoid using the plain spoiler (blackout tag). Use spoiler= instead!
This is wrong.

Please use spoiler tags when posting videos or animated GIFs.

5. Cryptography and other forms of codes are generally not allowed. Breadcrumbs are generally okay.
5a. All text should be
at least this big.

5b. Do not attempt to use BBCode to hide messages.
Constant off-topic posting will not be tolerated.

Provable randomness is strongly discouraged.
In particular, do not use the dice tag.

Honour

Discussion of ongoing games at any time, through any means, and regardless of content, is prohibited except as noted below.

1a. You
are allowed
to refer to the
number of games you are currently playing.

1b. To be clear, you are allowed to pm your thoughts about this game to the moderator and backup/co-moderator(s).
2. Do not attempt to impersonate the moderator.
Purple is my color, but you may use it as long as you are not attempting to impersonate me with it.
I generally use yellow in private topics.

3. Do not edit or delete your post.
Do not attempt to get the moderator to influence the game; in particular, do not try to use the moderator to confirm your role.

4a. Any VC-related question or V/LA should be declared in-thread.
4b.
Everything else should be discussed by pm and by pm only.

4c.
Do not discuss any disciplinary actions that the moderator takes in-thread.

Trust tells are prohibited.

5a.
Do not replace out in such a manner as to confirm your alignment.

Do not quote or copy-paste moderator communications and other forms of private communications.

6a. Post links to anything except the main thread, timestamps, and read statuses should never be referenced in the game thread.
Access list numbers in private topics are also covered by this rule.

6b. You may directly copy-paste
unflavored night action results
(usually in bold) as well as your alignment, flip role, and effective role from your role pm, but
do not directly quote them
6c. Scum may quote result pm's and role pm's in their scum PT. The same applies for a mason group in their mason PT.
6d. You may paraphrase, but please be careful.
Also, surrounding things in quotation marks (") is NOT acceptable.
(Quotation marks are used for direct quotes; as a result, they should never surround paraphrased material.)
When you are dead, you may not post in the main thread until the game is concluded.

Miscellaneous

1. Follow the spirit of the rules.
1a.
Do not attempt to find loopholes in the ruleset.

1b. While the moderator will generally assume good-faith, action can be taken against inadvertent rule breaks if deemed necessary.
All PTs will be released within 24 hours of the game's conclusion.
(The Moderator PT may take a while longer.) Players in any thread except the Dead PT may request redactions at any time
before
I release the PT. The dead thread is released immediately on the conclusion of the game.
3. The moderator reserves the right to update this ruleset as necessary.
New items will be underlined
, and
deleted items will be striked through.
(Note: The markup on this line is an example.)

Setup-Specific Rules

Activity and Deadline Rules

1. Day 1 lasts 14 days. Day 2 lasts 10 days. All other days last 7 days. Nights last 48 hours.
Day extensions are rare and are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
In particular, the deadline will not be extended for only one replacement.
Nights may be extended if a replacement is needed.
There will be a minimum of 24 hours between the time a replacement is found and when night actions are due.
4. You will be prodded after
48 hours
of inactivity (
60 hours on Saturday through Monday
). All prods should be responded to
in-thread unless the thread is locked in which case pm is acceptable.

You can prod dodge, but 2 prod dodges are equivalent to a single prod.
If you are prodded again from prod-dodging, you may not prod dodge. While a subjective rule, prod dodges are objectively defined as posts that consist of little or no content related to the game with the sole purpose of avoiding prodding. Minimum content is not defined here as to mitigate abuse, but do realize that this rule is applied as objectively as possible.
V/LAs should generally be announced in-thread, not by pm.
You should also set V/LA in the User CP to make sure I do not forget.
7. If you have regular weekend V/LA, it is your reponsibility to either inform me at the end of each week or to remember to set V/LA status.
V/LA players must post at least once every 96 hours.
Excessively long V/LAs (
14 days or longer
) may have stricter requirements imposed on them.
9. This game may have a brief, initial pre-game phase. The mod wilk track votes for reference purposes, but all votes will be reset at the start of Day 1.
You are expected to post during this phase if able.
Pre-game will end after
48 hours
10. Your activity will be closely monitored.
I reserve the right to warn and replace players whom I believe are exploiting loopholes in the activity rules.

Voting, Lynching, and Twilight Rules
  1. To vote, use
    Vote: Player
    or VOTE: Player. The latter is highly preferred as the former was used before the introduction of vote tags (and ought to be deprecated.)
  2. To unvote, use
    Unvote: Player
    or UNVOTE: Player. The latter is again preferred as the former was used before the introduction of vote tags.
  3. You do not have to unvote to change votes.
    Furthermore, I will only track the last *valid* vote in your post.

4. Player abbreviations are allowed, and the moderator may consistently abbreviate names in VCs.
  5. Invalid or ambiguous votes will not be counted, though the moderator will note such instances.
  6. Hammer occurs when half of all living players (rounded down) plus one cast  vote against the same player (or No Lynch). All votes after a hammer will not be counted, and the hammered player is the one who will flip. The time following a hammer is Twilight, and all players may continue talking.
  7. No lynch will occur if deadline is reached without a hammer.
  8. Players should cease talking as soon as twilight ends.
    Twilight exists mainly for the moderator, not the players. Do not rely too heavily upon it.
Setup Details
  1. This setup is confirmed to have one town faction and one scum faction (mafia).
  2. All private topics have daytalk.
  3. A sample VT role pm is shown below:
  4. Spoiler: Vanilla Townie
    You are a
    Vanilla Townie
    !

You only have your voice and your vote. Use them well!
    Win:
    Confirm:
Last edited by implosion on Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 12:00 pm

Post by implosion »

Primary reviewer: RadiantCowbells
Secondary reviewer: Firebringer
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 12:11 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Uhm.

I'll look at balance first but uh this is
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 12:14 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I would highly suggest limiting the amount of confirmed town roles here.
This looks laughably broken in many respects to things like masons, friendly neighbors and innocent children.

I couldn't pass this in good conscience as is.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 12:16 pm

Post by Firebringer »

There is potential for 12 confirmed town on day 3. VERY UNLIKELY, but that is a POSSIBLITY.
And frightening too.

I really think diversifying your town power instead of all these confirmed roles would be good. I think starting with removing friendly neighbors and maybe one innocent child.

Then giving town something else instead.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 12:28 pm

Yeah this is never a go as is

8 confirmed town on d1

only 5 non-confirmed town need to be locktown for town to win
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 12:30 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I went through everything but the rules.
All the role pms are fine and everything is considered Normal.

The problem you have is still the balance portion which I need your input on in order to get this game the way you want and we can sign of on it.
Show

Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 4:49 pm

Post by Ircher »

What about 1 less mason, and a tracker in place of one of the Friendly Neighbors?
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 5:01 pm

Post by Ircher »

I could also try replacing a role with a 3-Shot Vigilante.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 5:20 pm

This game is currently not even close to balanced

as the numbers of confirmed town go up confirmed towns become exponentially more powerful, same with mafia

Rules say I'm supposed to immediately suggest a fix btu I don't ahve a fix to suggest right now, I need time to think.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 1:16 am

Post by Ircher »

I mean, it is a large, and I’m not sure where you two are getting the # of conf town going up from.

Okay, first, if I have make the following changes, what do you think:
1) Make the Innocent children both be mod confirmed D1
2) Convert one of the Friendly Neighbors into a Mafia Traitor
3) Change all of mafia’s roles from Tracker-related to Role-cop-related.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 8:06 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 10, Ircher wrote:mean, it is a large, and I’m not sure where you two are getting the # of conf town going up from.
Friendly Neighbor
Universal Back up.

These roles up the already confirmed Town.

You have way too many confirmed Town.
Like I think 4 is too much. You 7 day one and it only has potential to go up higher.
Friendly neighbor confirms two players

And adding a vigilante does not really help this.
You need roles that won’t be confirmed Town just by their existence.
There’s possibility I guess town thinks vigi is SK but that is remote.

Here are some suggestions:
Scenario 1
Remove all masons
Take out Town Universal Backup
Add in a power role for town that isn’t confirmed

That might be fine
Scenario 2
Remove both Friendly Neighbors
Take out one mason or innocent child
Add in a power role for that that isn’t confirmed
Show

Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 8:31 am

Post by Ircher »

1. Town Vanilla
2. Town Vanilla
3. Town Vanilla
4. Town Vanilla
5. Town Vanilla
6. Town Vanilla
7. Town Vanilla
8. Town Vanilla
9. Town Vanilla
10. Town Vanilla
11. Town Vanilla
12. Town Vanilla
13. Town Vanilla
14. Town Vanilla
15. Town Vanilla
---
16. Town Vengeful Neighbor A
17. Town Activated Innocent Child Neighbor A
18. Town Innocent Child Neighbor A
19. Town Mason
20. Town Mason
---
22. Mafia Vanilla Cop
23. Mafia Backup Vanilla Cop
24. Mafia Vanilla Cop Enabler

Okay, I reduced the number of confirmed townies from 8 to 6. The mafia will also be able to shoot one of the Innocent Children N1 because they will be revealed at the beginning of the game. Finally, to help Mafia better find town PRs, I have changed all the tracker-related roles to be vanilla cop-related roles.

Is this still too many confirmed roles, or do you think we can balance this from here; if this still seems far from balanced, then I think I will come up with an entirely new setup.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 3:59 pm

scum shooting the innocent child into universal backup becoming IC into being shot again is annoying interaction
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 4:04 pm

Post by Ircher »

Okay, that's true....... I might go with something completely different then.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 4:19 pm

However:

I do think that I can generally go for 5 conftown, 1 vengeful as a setup

I would like input from Firebringer on that though
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 4:21 pm

Maybe just replace the innocent child from d1 with a FN and call it a day and see how it goes

I'm not entirely certain on this but
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 4:34 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I think either replacing the universal back up town or the innocent child would be best way to make this as close to my acceptable range of balance.

I think I might fine with RC suggestion on innocent child to Friendly Neighbor.
Show

Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 6:20 am

Post by Ircher »

1. Town Vanilla
2. Town Vanilla
3. Town Vanilla
4. Town Vanilla
5. Town Vanilla
6. Town Vanilla
7. Town Vanilla
8. Town Vanilla
9. Town Vanilla
10. Town Vanilla
11. Town Vanilla
12. Town Vanilla
13. Town Vanilla
14. Town Vanilla
15. Town Vanilla
---
16. Town Vengeful Neighbor A
17. Town Activated Innocent Child Neighbor A
18. Town Neighbor A 2-Shot Friendly Neighbor
19. Town Mason
20. Town Mason
---
22. Mafia Vanilla Cop
23. Mafia Backup Vanilla Cop
24. Mafia Vanilla Cop Enabler

I'll draft the new role pms if you two agree that this setup's balance is within the realm of normality. I have replaced the Innocent Child with a Friendly Neighbor that can only use their ability twice per game to decrease its power some. (Also, in terms of Universal Backup and X-Shot, the Universal Backup would inherit both shots, regardless if the original used them, correct?)
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 6:47 am

Post by Firebringer »

I am fine with this

Radiant, thoughts?
Show

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 10:59 am

Sure. Can ER see role PMs?
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 11:01 am

Post by Ircher »

Rules

Respect

1. Follow the golden rule:
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
(As a clarification, the rule is
not
do unto others as they do unto you.)
1a.
You are to assume good faith for all players that request replacement, regardless if you believe it to be a tactical replacement or not.
It is the moderator's responsibility to investigate if there is reasonable evidence to believe it is a tactical replacement. Otherwise, suggesting such is disrespectful and unethical. Furthermore, it brings an outside influence into the game so just do not do it.
1b.
Avoid bringing major real-life events into the game. Do not question other people's motives should they bring major real-life events into the game.
The best thing to do is to keep real life out of this game, but if something major does happen and it affects your ability to play then others should accept it as-is rather than engage in the unethical practice of assigning ulterior motives to it.
Play to win.

2a.
You must read your role pm, and confirm that you understand your role.

2b.
Do not state, whether honest or false, that you have not read your role pm
in-thread. If I somehow forget to send you a role pm or send you multiple role pms, please contact me
by pm
2c. You can claim scum, and you can claim scum with someone else procided that the moderator can reasonably suspect non-malicious motives behind such.
2d. Scum can night kill their teammates, but I must see evidence that such a move is not game-throwing.
Avoid using the plain spoiler (blackout tag). Use spoiler= instead!
This is wrong.

Please use spoiler tags when posting videos or animated GIFs.

5. Cryptography and other forms of codes are generally not allowed. Breadcrumbs are generally okay.
5a. All text should be
at least this big.

5b. Do not attempt to use BBCode to hide messages.
Constant off-topic posting will not be tolerated.

Provable randomness is strongly discouraged.
In particular, do not use the dice tag.

Honour

Discussion of ongoing games at any time, through any means, and regardless of content, is prohibited except as noted below.

1a. You
are allowed
to refer to the
number of games you are currently playing.

1b. To be clear, you are allowed to pm your thoughts about this game to the moderator and backup/co-moderator(s).
2. Do not attempt to impersonate the moderator.
Purple is my color, but you may use it as long as you are not attempting to impersonate me with it.
I generally use yellow in private topics.

3. Do not edit or delete your post.
Do not attempt to get the moderator to influence the game; in particular, do not try to use the moderator to confirm your role.

4a. Any VC-related question or V/LA should be declared in-thread.
4b.
Everything else should be discussed by pm and by pm only.

4c.
Do not discuss any disciplinary actions that the moderator takes in-thread.

Trust tells are prohibited.

5a.
Do not replace out in such a manner as to confirm your alignment.

Do not quote or copy-paste moderator communications and other forms of private communications.

6a. Post links to anything except the main thread, timestamps, and read statuses should never be referenced in the game thread.
Access list numbers in private topics are also covered by this rule.

6b. You may directly copy-paste
unflavored night action results
(usually in bold) as well as your alignment, flip role, and effective role from your role pm, but
do not directly quote them
6c. Scum may quote result pm's and role pm's in their scum PT. The same applies for a mason group in their mason PT.
6d. You may paraphrase, but please be careful.
Also, surrounding things in quotation marks (") is NOT acceptable.
(Quotation marks are used for direct quotes; as a result, they should never surround paraphrased material.)
When you are dead, you may not post in the main thread until the game is concluded.

Miscellaneous

1. Follow the spirit of the rules.
1a.
Do not attempt to find loopholes in the ruleset.

1b. While the moderator will generally assume good-faith, action can be taken against inadvertent rule breaks if deemed necessary.
All PTs will be released within 24 hours of the game's conclusion.
(The Moderator PT may take a while longer.) Players in any thread except the Dead PT may request redactions at any time
before
I release the PT. The dead thread is released immediately on the conclusion of the game.
3. The moderator reserves the right to update this ruleset as necessary.
New items will be underlined
, and
deleted items will be striked through.
(Note: The markup on this line is an example.)

Setup-Specific Rules

Activity and Deadline Rules

1. Day 1 lasts 14 days. Day 2 lasts 10 days. All other days last 7 days. Nights last 48 hours.
Day extensions are rare and are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
In particular, the deadline will not be extended for only one replacement.
Nights may be extended if a replacement is needed.
There will be a minimum of 24 hours between the time a replacement is found and when night actions are due.
4. You will be prodded after
48 hours
of inactivity (
60 hours on Saturday through Monday
). All prods should be responded to
in-thread unless the thread is locked in which case pm is acceptable.

You can prod dodge, but 2 prod dodges are equivalent to a single prod.
If you are prodded again from prod-dodging, you may not prod dodge. While a subjective rule, prod dodges are objectively defined as posts that consist of little or no content related to the game with the sole purpose of avoiding prodding. Minimum content is not defined here as to mitigate abuse, but do realize that this rule is applied as objectively as possible.
V/LAs should generally be announced in-thread, not by pm.
You should also set V/LA in the User CP to make sure I do not forget.
7. If you have regular weekend V/LA, it is your reponsibility to either inform me at the end of each week or to remember to set V/LA status.
V/LA players must post at least once every 96 hours.
Excessively long V/LAs (
14 days or longer
) may have stricter requirements imposed on them.
9. This game may have a brief, initial pre-game phase. The moderator will track votes for reference purposes, but all votes will be reset at the start of Day 1.
You are expected to post during this phase if able.
Pre-game will end after
48 hours
10. Your activity will be closely monitored.
I reserve the right to warn and replace players whom I believe are exploiting loopholes in the activity rules.

Voting, Lynching, and Twilight Rules
  1. To vote, use
    Vote: Player
    or VOTE: Player. The latter is highly preferred as the former was used before the introduction of vote tags (and ought to be deprecated.)
  2. To unvote, use
    Unvote: Player
    or UNVOTE: Player. The latter is again preferred as the former was used before the introduction of vote tags.
  3. You do not have to unvote to change votes.
    Furthermore, I will only track the last *valid* vote in your post.

4. Player abbreviations are allowed, and the moderator may consistently abbreviate names in VCs.
  5. Invalid or ambiguous votes will not be counted, though the moderator will note such instances.
  6. Hammer occurs when half of all living players (rounded down) plus one cast a vote against the same player (or No Lynch). All votes after a hammer will not be counted, and the hammered player is the one who will flip. The time following a hammer is Twilight, and all players may continue talking.
  7. No lynch will occur if deadline is reached without a hammer.
  8. Players should cease talking as soon as twilight ends.
    Twilight exists mainly for the moderator, not the players. Do not rely too heavily upon it.
Setup Details
  1. All private threads possess day talk.
  2. Unless otherwise specified, mafia may
    not
    perform a kill and use an active ability at the same time.
  3. Spoiler: Sample Vanilla Townie Role PM
    Welcome, {Player}, to Large Normal {Number}!
    You are a
    Vanilla Townie
    !
    • You possess no special abilities other than your voice and your vote. Use them well!
    • Win:
      You win when all threats to the
      town
      are eliminated, and at least one town player is still alive!
    • Confirm:
(Reposting this because it changed somewhat.)
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 11:06 am

Post by Ircher »

Spoiler: Town Vanilla
You are a
Vanilla Townie
!
  • You possess no special abilities other than your voice and your vote. Use them well!
  • Win:
    town
  • Confirm:

Spoiler: Town Vengeful Neighbor A
You are a
Town Vengeful Neighbor
!
  • (Passive) - You share a neighborhood PT with {Y} and {Z} that you may post in at any time; however, you do not know their alignments. The neighborhood PT link will be sent in a separate pm.
  • (Conditional Passive) - If you are lynched during the day, you may seek vengeance on another player and have them die as well.
  • Win:
    town
  • Confirm:

Spoiler: Town Activated Innocent Child Neigbhor A
You are a
Town Activated Innocent Child Neighbbor
!
  • (Passive) - You share a neighborhood PT with {X} and {Z} that you may post in at any time; however, you do not know their alignments. The neighborhood PT link will be sent in a separate pm.
  • Activated Innocent Child
    (Active, 1-Shot) - Once per game, you may pm the moderator at any time in the game to have the moderator confirm you as town in-thread.
    Note that you
    must send a pm
    ; bolding in the thread
    will not
    be accepted.

• Win:
    town
  • Confirm:

Spoiler: Town Neighbor A 2-Shot Friendly Neighbor
You are a
Town Neighbor 2-Shot Friendly Neighbor
!
  • (Passive) - You share a neighborhood PT with {X} and {Y} that you may post in at any time; however, you do not know their alignments. The neighborhood PT link will be sent in a separate pm.
  • (Active, 2-Shot) - Twice per game, you may target a player at night. If your action succeeds, they will be informed that you are aligned with the town at the start of the following day phase.
  • Win:
    town
  • Confirm:

You are a
Town Mason
!
  • (Passive) - You and {Y} share a masonry PT that you may post in at any time. You also know that {Y} is
    aligned with the town
    . The masonry PT link will be sent in a separate pm.
  • Win:
    town
  • Confirm:

You are a
Town Mason
!
  • (Passive) - You and {X} share a masonry PT that you may post in at any time. You also know that {X} is
    aligned with the town
    . The masonry PT link will be sent in a separate pm.
  • Win:
    town
  • Confirm:

Spoiler: Town Universal Backup
You are a
Town Universal Backup
!
  • (Triggered Passive) - You will inherit the full role (including both passive and active abilities) of the first
    town
    player to die that possesses a non-vanilla role. If multiple non-vanilla
    town
    players die at the same time, the moderator will randomly decide which role you inherit. Note that once you inherit a role, you "become" that role; in other words, investigatives will receive results based on the role you inherited rather than your original role.
  • Win:
    town
  • Confirm:

Spoiler: Mafia Vanilla Cop
You are a
Mafia Vanilla Cop
!
  • Factional Communication
    (Factional Passive) - You share a factional PT with {X} (Backup Vanilla Cop), {Y} (Vanilla Enabler), and {Z} (Universal Backup).
  • Factional Kill
    (Factional Active) - Each night, you may send one of the mafia to go kill another player.
    You cannot use an active ability and kill during the same night.

• (Active) - Each night, you may target a player. If your action succeeds, you will learn if your target possess a vanilla role or not.
    Result Vanilla wrote:{X} possesses a vanilla role.
    Result Not Vanilla wrote:{X} does not possess a vanilla role.
    Result No Result wrote:No Result
  • Win:
    You win when mafia are the only players remaining, or if nothing can prevent this from happening!
  • Confirm:

Spoiler: Mafia Backup Vanilla Cop
You are a
Mafia Backup Vanilla Cop
!
    (Factional Passive) - You share a factional PT with {W} (Vanilla Cop), {Y} (Vanilla Enabler), and {Z} (Universal Backup).
  • Factional Kill
    (Factional Active) - Each night, you may send one of the mafia to go kill another player.

• (Triggered Passive) - If a Vanilla Cop of any alignment dies, you will be able to use the Vanilla Cop ability listed below. You will be informed when this happens. Note that you will continue to investigate as "Mafia Backup Vanilla Cop" regardless of whether or not you have inherited the Vanilla Cop ability.
    Backup Needed wrote:You are now a true Vanilla Cop and may use the Vanilla Cop ability in your role pm!
  • (Active, Backup) - Each night, you may target a player. If your action succeeds, you will learn if your target possess a vanilla role or not.
    You may not use this ability until a Vanilla Cop of any alignment dies.
    Result Vanilla wrote:{X} possesses a vanilla role.
    Result Not Vanilla wrote:{X} does not possess a vanilla role.
    Result No Result wrote:No Result
  • Win:
    You win when mafia are the only players remaining, or if nothing can prevent this from happening!
  • Confirm:

Spoiler: Mafia Vanilla Cop Enabler
You are a
Mafia Vanilla Cop Enabler
!
    (Factional Passive) - You share a factional PT with {W} (Vanilla Cop), {X} (Backup Vanilla Cop), and {Z} (Universal Backup).
  • Factional Kill

• Vanilla Cop Enabler
    (Passive) - You enable all Vanilla Cops to use their action; if you die and no other Vanilla Cop Enabler exists, all Vanilla Cop investigations will fail with "No Result".
  • Win:
  • Confirm:

Spoiler: Mafia Universal Backup
You are a
Mafia Universal Backup
!
    (Factional Passive) - You share a factional PT with {W} (Vanilla Cop), {X} (Backup Vanilla Cop), and {Y} (Vanilla Cop Enabler).
  • Factional Kill

• (Triggered Passive) - You will inherit the full role (including both passive and active abilities) of the first
    mafia
    player to die that possesses a non-vanilla role. If multiple non-vanilla
    mafia
    players die at the same time, the moderator will randomly decide which role you inherit. Note that once you inherit a role, you "become" that role; in other words, investigatives will receive results based on the role you inherited rather than your original role.
  • Win:
  • Confirm:
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 6:37 am

Post by Ircher »

Oh yeah, can we clarify exactly how Enabler works in terms of the normal guidelines (especially in terms of backup enablers (Universal Backup here)).

My interpretation is that as long as at least one Enabler is alive, players can use their night action. (Thus, if the Mafia UB inherits the enabler ability, mafia can still use the Vanilla Cop ability). But that comes with a issue: the flip of an enabler leaves PRs affected by the Enabler in the dark about whether they can use their role. My solution here is to automatically return "No Result" to a role that is no longer enabled, but that has issues as well if players aren't aware of this.

If my interpretation here about enablers is wrong (i.e.: if an enabler dies, all roles enabled by it are disabled regardless of the existence of another enabler), then I'm fine with that as well; I just want to clarify.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by implosion »