Ausuka's mini normal review, August 2018

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:17 pm

Post by implosion »

Ausuka wrote:Hi! My review info for my mini normal setup is below :]

Opening Post

Mini Normal XXXX: Dolphins

Players:

Strikethrough
signifies a player that has been replaced. *- An asterisk signifies a player that has been prodded.

Spoiler: Alive

Spoiler: Dead

Rules

General Rules:
1. Site Rules apply.
2. You may not quote your role PM, you may not quote any other PMs from me, and you may not quote the time at which I sent you any PM.
This shade of purple
is the colour I'll use to post vote counts, edit things into other people's posts, etc. Feel free to use it if you want to but don’t try to impersonate me please.
4. If you have a question or concern, or if you think that I may have made an error, do not hesitate to ask in-topic or by PM. Be sure to bold requests directed at me so that I see them.
5. If you break any of these rules, or if I deem it to be appropriate, you could be warned, force-replaced, or modkilled, depending on the severity of what you did.
6. If a player is modkilled, they will die and become a Neutral Survivor resulting in their loss.
7. Please be respectful and kind towards other players. I understand that Mafia can be a heated game sometimes, but there is a line, and if you cross it the game stops being fun. In particular, personal attacks are not allowed.
8. Once you die you may not post anymore.
9. No encryption please. Breadcrumbing is fine, but things like encrypting your role into scrambled text are not. If you have any questions about what does and does not violate this rule, feel free to ask me, and I will answer.
10. Don’t claim scum with another player in a serious manner. I will judge what counts as serious; don't toe the line. Claiming scum by yourself is fine, but please don’t lose the game intentionally by doing so.
11. Don’t work against your win condition.
12. Don’t use provable randomness. Saying “I rolled a dice and it landed on 2” is acceptable; posting a screenshot of you using random.org, or using dice tags, is not acceptable.
13. Use your common sense; I try to include as much as I can but this is probably not an exhaustive list of all things you are not allowed to do.
14. I reserve the right to change any of these rules or any of the time, or make any judgement irregardless of what these rules say (although I will try to follow what I have said here as closely as possible.)
15. The spirit of these rules is what counts, not the exact wording. If you find a loophole in these rules, don't be surprised when I modkill you anyway.

Voting, Lynching, and Deadlines:
16. As with any mafia game, you can vote for a player to get them lynched, you can vote for a No Lynch, or you can not vote at all.
17. Votes must use the bold tags or the vote tags, like this: VOTE: X or this:
Vote: X
18. A lynch requires a majority (over 50%) vote. For example, when there are 9 players alive, it will take 5 votes to lynch, because that is the smallest number over 50% of the number of players. A no lynch only requires 50% of votes.
19. Deadlines are 2 weeks long for days and 2 days long for nights, although I may extend this if I deem it appropriate. When the deadline expires, the day will end without a lynch.
20. When a lynch is reached or deadline expires, I will lock the thread and start the Night phase as soon as I can. You are allowed to post before I do this, if you want.

Prodding and Activity:
21. If a player fails to post for 48 consecutive hours, they will be prodded. If that player does not post for another 24 hours after they've been prodded, they'll be replaced.
22. If you are going away, or if you have limited access to the site, notify me by pm or in-topic so that I know not to prod or replace you. The maximum amount of time you may go without posting due to V/LA is 120 hours (five days).

Game Related:
23. This game is a Normal Setup and follows the Normal guidelines.
24. The game contains 9 town-aligned players and 2 mafia-aligned players.
25. The Mafia in this game have daytalk.
26. If you have a night action that you can use, PM your action to me. If you have a PT, you can also send in your night actions there, using bold text.

Setup

11 players

Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie

Town Doctor
Town Tracker

Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon

Vanilla TownieWelcome!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here.

Please confirm by replying with your role name and alignment.

Town DoctorWelcome!

You are a
Town Doctor

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

Town TrackerWelcome!

You are a
Town Tracker

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed what player or players they targeted with their action, if any. If your action fails, you will receive no result.

The game thread is here.

Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Goon

The other member of the Mafia faction is X, a
Mafia Goon.

You and your partner share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional PT, located here, where you may talk at any time.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Please confirm by replying with your role name and alignment or by posting in your PT.
Last edited by implosion on Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:21 pm

Post by implosion »

Primary: mastina
Secondary: ircher
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:33 pm

Post by mastina »

Intuitively, this feels a bit townsided. Doctor, Tracker, VT x5 vs. Goon x2 (or, heck, goon + PR) is a common iteration of newbie setups and something to that effect has been in the last three newbie setups--this adds another two townies, giving an extra mislynch, while leaving the mafia with nothing.

I'd probably just give the mafia a power role, probably ungated, but I suppose something like a 1x ninja or a 1x roleblocker would work just as well.

Basically, either the town needs a little less or the mafia need
something
, but I honestly don't think you can really gate these town PRs without ruining the setup which is why I favor the "buff the scum" approach. They don't need all that much, but they do need something.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:22 pm

Post by Ausuka »

I'd be totally fine with a mafia 1-shot RB.

Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie

Town Doctor
Town Tracker

Mafia Goon
Mafia 1-shot Roleblocker

Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Goon

Mafia 1-shot Roleblocker.

You and your partner share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional PT, located here, where you may talk at any time.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Please confirm by replying with your role name and alignment or by posting in your PT.

Mafia 1-shot RoleblockerWelcome!

You are a
Mafia 1-shot Roleblocker

Mafia Goon.

The game thread is here.

I also need to give formatting for Tracker results I think:

Positive tracker resultX visited Y last night.

Negative tracker resultX did not visit anyone last night.

Tracker no resultYou received no result.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:30 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 3, Ausuka wrote:I'd be totally fine with a mafia 1-shot RB.

Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie

Town Doctor
Town Tracker

Mafia Goon
Mafia 1-shot Roleblocker

Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Goon

Mafia 1-shot Roleblocker.

The game thread is here.

Mafia 1-shot RoleblockerWelcome!

You are a
Mafia 1-shot Roleblocker

Mafia Goon.

Once in the game, during a Night phase, you may target one player. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

The game thread is here.

I also need to give formatting for Tracker results I think:

Positive tracker resultX visited Y last night.

Negative tracker resultX did not visit anyone last night.

Tracker no resultYou received no result.
ebwop
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:41 am

Post by Ircher »

I didn’t see any issues, so I think you are good here.
Links: User Page | GTKAS | Ratings
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [In Signups: 6/9]
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:23 am

Post by mastina »

Personal request: add the multitasking modifier to the 1x roleblocker so they can use the roleblock while killing, in case their partner dies early before they can use it.
But, otherwise roles look good.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:39 am

Post by Ausuka »

Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Goon

Mafia Multitasking 1-shot Roleblocker.

The game thread is here.

Mafia Multitasking 1-shot RoleblockerWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Multitasking 1-shot Roleblocker

Mafia Goon.

You may use more than one night action per Night phase if you so desire.

Once in the game, during a Night phase, you may target one player. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

The game thread is here.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:56 pm

Post by mastina »

Good enough to me!