implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Skygazer's mini normal review, September 2018

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:23 pm

Post by implosion »

Skygazer wrote:Sorry if this is way too early to send this info!
In post 482, Skygazer wrote:/in to mod a mini normal!!!

with ruru as a backup-mod!!
Set-up wrote:01 Town 1-Shot Vigilante
02 Town Innocent Child/Babysitter
03 Town Neapolitan
04 Town Tracker
05 Town Neighbor
06 Town Vanilla
07 Town Vanilla
08 Town Vanilla
09 Town Vanilla
10 Town Vanilla
11 Scum Vanilla Cop
12 Scum Neighbor
13 Scum Goon
Role PMs wrote:
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a
Town One-Shot Vigilante
Abilities:
Once per game, during a night phase, you may attempt to kill another player.
Win condition:
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

The game thread is [here]. Please send me a PM confirming your role and alignment.

Town Innocent Child Babysitter
Abilities:
At any point in time, you may tell me to publicly confirm your alignment in the game thread.
Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to babysit them. They will be protected from a single kill. However, if you are killed, your target will die with you.
Win condition:
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

The game thread is [here]. Please send me a PM confirming your role and alignment.

Town Neapolitan
Abilities:
Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. You will receive a result of "Vanilla Townie", "Not Vanilla Townie", or "No Result".
Win condition:

Town Tracker
Abilities:
Each night, you may investigate one player in the game and you will discover which player they targeted (if any).
Win condition:

Town Neighbor
Abilities:
You are in a neighborhood with [Player Name]. At any time, you may talk to your neighbor [here].
Win condition:

Vanilla Townie
Abilities:
You have no abilities other than your voice and your vote.
Win condition:

Mafia Vanilla Cop
Abilities:
Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. You will receive a result of "Vanilla", "Not Vanilla", or "No Result".
You share a private topic with your partners [Player Name] and [Player Name]. You may communicate with them at any time [here].
Your team has a factional night-kill. Each night your team can designate one teammate to perform this kill. You may not kill and investigate in the same night phase.
Win condition:
You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Mafia Neighbor
Abilities:
You are in a neighborhood with [Player Name]. At any time, you may talk to your neighbor [here].
You share a private topic with your partners [Player Name] and [Player Name]. You may communicate with them at any time [here].
Your team has a factional night-kill. Each night your team can designate one teammate to perform this kill.
Win condition:
You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Mafia Goon
Abilities:
Your team has a factional night-kill. Each night your team can designate one teammate to perform this kill.
Win condition:

Night Action Result PMs wrote:
[Player Name] is a Vanilla Townie.

[Player Name] is not a Vanilla Townie.

[Player Name] visited [Player Name] last night.

[Player Name] visited no one last night.

[Player Name] is Vanilla.

[Player Name] is not Vanilla.
Post #0 wrote:
Mini Normal ####: Cool Art I've Found Mafia

[picture goes here]
Moderator: Skygazer
Back-up Moderator: ruru
Reviewers: ??? and ???

Player List:

Spoiler: Living Players
Everyone is alive!

Spoiler: Dead Players
None yet!

Spoiler: Events
None yet!
Post #1 wrote:
Rules, adapted from schadd_ who adapted them from Nexus.

Be nice. It's a game.

General:
- Please adhere to the site rules.
- Do not discuss this game of mafia outside of this thread.
- Day phases will last 2 weeks (or until a lynch is achieved).
- Night Phases will last 48 hours maximum. On any given night, if all players PM me that they are okay to speed up the night, it will end sooner.
- During night phase, no talking may be done in the thread.
- Do not quote PM's from the mod at all (real or fabricated). Paraphrasing is acceptable.
- If you have any questions about your role, or the game, feel free to PM me.
- "Bah" posts are not allowed.
- If you break any of these rules, you may be modkilled or force-replaced.

Voting / Player actions:
- Vote either with vote tags (VOTE: Skygazer) or with bold (
vote: Skygazer
). You may use nicknames and abbreviations if you wish, as long as it's unique to the player and I can figure out who you intended to vote.
- Don't try to confuse me with your votes.
- You may vote No Lynch to Not Lynch.
- A lynch will occur once a majority decision is reached. If no majority is reached by deadline, then no lynch shall occur.
- Following a lynch, it is twilight. You may continue to post until I lock the thread and declare it night.
- If nobody dies for 4 consecutive day and night phases, the town will win.
- If you have a Night Action, you may submit it from Night 1 and each subsequent Night (or whichever nights are specified by the role).
- If you have more than two night specific actions, you may only use one per night unless specified otherwise.

Activity:
- You are expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you haven't posted for 48 hours, I shall prod you. If you do not respond to the prod within 24 hours (either in thread if it's Day, or via PM during the Night) then I will replace you.
- As well, if you require more than three prods, I will force-replace you.

Mechanics:
- 006688 is my color. Feel free to use it if you'd like! Just not to impersonate me or to mislead others.
- No impossible/hard to read text, or cryptography. For example, I would prefer that no font size smaller than the one you're reading now be used.
- I may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
- If you need to get the mod's attention, either PM me, or bold the text you wish to draw to my attention.
- I reserve the right to alter/remove/add any rules as I see fit. You will, of course, be notified if that happens, however.
- Day-talk is enabled.

Sample Role PMs:

Spoiler: Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Abilities:
Win condition:

Spoiler: Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
Abilities:
Win condition:

Last edited by implosion on Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:27 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Thank you implosion, this was so quick!

RC! schadd! fancy seeing you two here!

/ego
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:30 pm

Post by implosion »

Thank them for it being quick, not me :p
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:07 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Thanks RC, thanks schadd!

The Innocent Child Babysitter is a very interesting and high-powered hybrid role (the name is also kind of hilarious to me tbh). I envision it basically acting as a somewhat risky protective until it decides to reveal, and then they get to take someone out with them upon dying as a sort of night vengeful. The riskiness of the protection and the IC part of the role makes follow-the-cop strats less viable imo.

I think the Neapolitan isn't too strong here with only five vanilla townies to show up as hard clears.

In the unlikely event that mafia and one-shot vig both attempt to kill a player on the same night, and the babysitter protects that player, the protection should fail, correct?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:45 pm

Post by implosion »

According to the wiki's phrasing, yes, babysitter protects from only a single kill attempt.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:10 am

Post by schadd_ »

think this is probably a bit on the townsided end and i would maybe make tracker oddnight or 2-shot

icy babysitter is a pretty strong role and gives the person license to play as lurky or scummy as they want to avoid nk which some people r good at. also no reason not to protect a claimed investigative i think - you mention follow the cop which isnt much of a thought in normals (investigative wouldn't ever claim outright, no reason to believe there is or isnt a non-jailing protective) but if an investigative does claim, they will probably be protected (baby death isn't a concern if they would die regardless of being protected) and probably shot as well

you're right that neep only gets 5 clears but the not VT results are valuable as well. scum neighbor it's a non-issue bc neighbor claim is confirmable. goon has to fakeclaim which is big yikes if the tracker is still alive. vanilla cop will have to fakeclaim, claim their real investigates (yikes!) or other known things (flips, neighbors) which can also b problematic with tracker

also town vanilla cop + town neep is uncommon

1-shot vig is still good bc its confirmable - 2 roles that can choose when they confirm themselves is v good if they both survive for a while
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: shaft.ed

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:19 am

Post by schadd_ »

role pm nitpicks:

tracker should say "which player(s) they targeted" since multitasking exists

i like to clarify what gives vanilla cop the vanilla result, i.e. vt and goon. could potentially be an issue in some sorta way especially in light of there being neep

"or when your faction controls half the vote" is getting to be in vogue for mafia wincon - imagine icy baby + vt + goon in lylo and vt gets lynched; that should probably be a scum win but there's no way to make that happen
free darius mccollum

Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:17 am

Post by Skygazer »

I'll fix the role pms when I get on a laptop!

Maybe the Nea or Tracker could be swapped for a psychologist?

Like maybe odd-night tracker and even-night psychologist instead of tracker and neapolitan?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:39 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Don't at all agree this is townsided
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:40 am

The best ways to buff town either way are to give scum a full role cop or add another town neighbor to the hood.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:45 am

Otherwise, to nerf the babysitter to make it limited

Would be pretty happy giving scum a role cop here though.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by Skygazer »

02 Town Innocent Child/2-shot Babysitter
03 Town Neapolitan
04 Town Tracker
05 Town Neighbor
06 Town Vanilla
07 Town Vanilla
08 Town Vanilla
09 Town Vanilla
10 Town Vanilla
11 Scum Vanilla Cop
12 Scum Neighbor
13 Scum Goon
Role PMs wrote:
Town One-Shot Vigilante
Abilities:
Win condition:

Town Innocent Child Two-Shot Babysitter
Abilities:
At any point in time, you may tell me to publicly confirm your alignment in the game thread.
Twice per game, during the night phase, you may target one player in the game to babysit them. They will be protected from a single kill. However, if you are killed, your target will die with you.
Win condition:

Town Neapolitan
Abilities:
Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. You will receive a result of "Vanilla Townie", "Not Vanilla Townie", or "No Result".
Win condition:

Town Tracker
Abilities:
Each night, you may investigate one player in the game and you will discover which player(s) they targeted (if any).
Win condition:

Town Neighbor
Abilities:
Win condition:

Vanilla Townie
Abilities:
Win condition:

Mafia Vanilla Cop
Abilities:
Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. You will receive a result of "Vanilla" if they're a Vanilla Townie or Mafia Goon, "Not Vanilla" if they're not a Vanilla Townie or Mafia Goon, or "No Result".
Your team has a factional night-kill. Each night your team can designate one teammate to perform this kill. You may not kill and investigate in the same night phase.
Win condition:
You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead (or when your factions controls half of the votes).

Mafia Neighbor
Abilities:
Win condition:
You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead (or when your factions controls half of the votes).

Mafia Goon
Abilities:
Win condition:

Post #0 wrote:

[picture goes here]

Player List:

Everyone is alive!

None yet!

None yet!
Post #1 wrote:

Be nice. It's a game.

General:
- Night Phases will last 48 hours maximum. On any given night, if all players PM me that they are okay to speed up the night, it will end sooner.
- Do not quote PM's from the mod at all (real or fabricated). Paraphrasing is acceptable.

Voting / Player actions:
). You may use nicknames and abbreviations if you wish, as long as it's unique to the player and I can figure out who you intended to vote.
- A lynch will occur once a majority decision is reached. If no majority is reached by deadline, then no lynch shall occur.
- Following a lynch, it is twilight. You may continue to post until I lock the thread and declare it night.
- If you have a Night Action, you may submit it from Night 1 and each subsequent Night (or whichever nights are specified by the role).
- If you have more than two night specific actions, you may only use one per night unless specified otherwise.

Activity:
- You are expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you haven't posted for 48 hours, I shall prod you. If you do not respond to the prod within 24 hours (either in thread if it's Day, or via PM during the Night) then I will replace you.

Mechanics:
- 006688 is my color. Feel free to use it if you'd like! Just not to impersonate me or to mislead others.
- No impossible/hard to read text, or cryptography. For example, I would prefer that no font size smaller than the one you're reading now be used.
- I may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
- If you need to get the mod's attention, either PM me, or bold the text you wish to draw to my attention.
- I reserve the right to alter/remove/add any rules as I see fit. You will, of course, be notified if that happens, however.
- Day-talk is enabled.

Sample Role PMs:

Vanilla Townie
Abilities:
Win condition:

Mafia Goon
Abilities:
Win condition:

Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:54 pm

Post by Skygazer »

^Full changes^

For Role PMs, I've updated the Town Tracker and Vanilla Cop ability descriptions and the scum win condition per schadd's advice.

I also changed the IC Babysitter to a IC 2-shot babysitter to nerf it a little bit. Is that too nerfed? I figure two protections or one protection and one quasi-vig is a little more balanced.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:56 pm

Post by Skygazer »

I forgot to update the sample Mafia Goon PM's win condition but just did that in my text file, it'll show up in the next draft.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:58 pm

i'm not sure i agree this change was necessary but this is fine

/pass
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:00 pm

Post by schadd_ »

i'd /pass that as well

cede to rc on balance which we might wanna talk abt more
free darius mccollum

Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:50 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Draft with that correction to the sample role PM:
02 Town Innocent Child/2-shot Babysitter
03 Town Neapolitan
04 Town Tracker
05 Town Neighbor
06 Town Vanilla
07 Town Vanilla
08 Town Vanilla
09 Town Vanilla
10 Town Vanilla
11 Scum Vanilla Cop
12 Scum Neighbor
13 Scum Goon
Role PMs wrote:
Town One-Shot Vigilante
Abilities:
Win condition:

Town Innocent Child Two-Shot Babysitter
Abilities:
Twice per game, during the night phase, you may target one player in the game to babysit them. They will be protected from a single kill. However, if you are killed, your target will die with you.
Win condition:

Town Neapolitan
Abilities:
Win condition:

Town Tracker
Abilities:
Each night, you may investigate one player in the game and you will discover which player(s) they targeted (if any).
Win condition:

Town Neighbor
Abilities:
Win condition:

Vanilla Townie
Abilities:
Win condition:

Mafia Vanilla Cop
Abilities:
Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. You will receive a result of "Vanilla" if they're a Vanilla Townie or Mafia Goon, "Not Vanilla" if they're not a Vanilla Townie or Mafia Goon, or "No Result".
Win condition:

Mafia Neighbor
Abilities:
Win condition:

Mafia Goon
Abilities:
Win condition:

Post #0 wrote:

[picture goes here]

Player List:

Everyone is alive!

None yet!

None yet!
Post #1 wrote:

Be nice. It's a game.

General:

Voting / Player actions:

Activity:

Mechanics:
- Day-talk is enabled.

Sample Role PMs:

Vanilla Townie
Abilities:
Win condition:

Mafia Goon
Abilities:
Win condition:

Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:01 pm

Post by Skygazer »

So um any balance things or does this pass or
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:04 pm

no its terrible u suck at design
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:19 pm

Post by Skygazer »

oh ok sorry
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:32 am

Post by schadd_ »

i pass the latest revision! : )
free darius mccollum

Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:02 pm

Post by Skygazer »

hewoo mr rc do i pass?? :o
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:03 pm

Post by Skygazer »

*notices schadd's pass* uwu whats this
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:28 pm

/pass

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”