10:3

town:
town loyal neighborizer
town night 2 and night 3 loyal neighborizer
town novice voyeur
town 1-shor rolestopper 2-shot bodyguard
6x vanilla townie
goon
informed ascetic goon (there is a town role called "loyal neighborizer")
mafia multitasking roleblocker
post 1 wrote:
welcome to mini X: more songs mafia !

ooh la la la
it's the way that we rock when we doing our thing
ooh la la la
it's the natural la that the refugees bring
oh la la la la la la la la la la laaa

the fugees - fu gee la

modded by: schadd

reviewers: reviewers
shoutout to: p*tchfork

Spoiler: list
list

Spoiler: reveals
playername, lynched / died D/N1, was a role

Spoiler: events
evence
post 2 wrote: rules, adapted from nexus's

--most important rule: be nice and don't be mean--

general:

- Please adhere to the site rules.
- Do not discuss this game of mafia outside of this thread.
- Day phases will last 2 weeks (or until a lynch is achieved).
- Night Phases will last 48 hours maximum. On any given night, if all players PM me that they are okay to speed up the night, it will end sooner.
- During night phase, no talking may be done in the thread.
- Do not quote PM's from the mod at all (real or fabricated). Paraphrasing is acceptable.
- If you have any questions about your role, or the game, feel free to PM the mod.
- "Bah" posts are not allowed.
- If you break any of these rules, you will probably be modkilled.

voting / player actions:

- Vote either with vote tags (VOTE: schadd) or with bold (
vote: schadd
). Note that I didn't include the underscore in my username; you may choose to use a string that will uniquely identify a player to me instead of the exact thing.
- Don't try to confuse me with your votes.
- You may vote No Lynch to Not Lynch.
- A lynch will occur once a majority decision is reached. If no majority is reached by deadline, then no lynch shall occur.
- Following a lynch, it is twilight. You may continue to post until I lock the thread and declare it night.
- If nobody dies for 3 consecutive day and night phases, the town will win.
- If you have a Night Action, you may submit it from Night 1 and each subsequent Night (or whichever nights are specified by the role).

activity:

- You are expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you haven't posted for 48 hours, I shall prod you. If you do not respond to the prod within 24 hours (either in thread if it's Day, or via PM during the Night) then I will replace you.
- As well, if you require more than three prods, I will force-replace you.
-
If you decide to replace out, PLEASE PM me and don't post in thread after doing so - if you want to rescind the replacement BLEASE PM ME AGAIN and dont post in thread until i have been like "ok np"

mechanics:

-
Aquamarine, 21B35F
is my color. Please don't use it.
- No impossible/hard to read text, or cryptography. For example, I would prefer that no font size smaller than the one you're reading now be used.
- The mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
- If you need to get the mod's attention, either PM me, or bold the text you wish to draw to my attention.
- I reserve the right to alter/remove/add any rules as I see fit. You will, of course, be notified if that happens, however.

Mafia will be able to communicate with each other during day phases.

There will be 10 town and 3 mafia.

Nobody will be a cop, a psychologist, a ninja, or a traitor

sample VT PM:
VT wrote:Welcome to Mini NSBCHOUNWXOUCSXH! You are a
Vanilla Townie.
You have no abilities during night phases but may talk and vote during the Day.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Please confirm by telling me what the bolded green text says.
PMs wrote:
full neighbor wrote:Welcome to Mini 3! You are a
Town Loyal Neighborizer.
Each night, you may visit to player to add them to your neighborhood, a separate private topic in which you and your successful targets can talk at any time. This action will fail if you target a mafia member with it.

renting neighbor wrote:Welcome to Mini 3! You are a
Town Night 2 and 3 Loyal Neighborizer.
On the second and third nights of the game, you may visit to player to add them to your neighborhood, a separate private topic in which you and your successful targets can talk at any time. This action will fail if you target a mafia member with it.

voyeur wrote:Welcome to Mini 3! You are a
Town Novice Voyeur.
Each night after night 1, you may visit someone to learn what types of action targeted them, if any other than yours.

rs/bg wrote:Welcome to Mini 3! You are a
Town 1-Shot Rolestopper 2-Shot Bodyguard.
Once, at night, you may visit someone else to prevent any actions targeting them from succeeding. Twice, at night, you may visit someone to die in their stead if they are targeted with a killing action. You may not use these two different actions on the same night.

goon wrote:Welcome to Mini 3! You are a
Mafia Goon
. You may talk to your partners in [PT link] at any time, and you may also talk and vote during Day phases.

You win when either mafia control half the vote during a Day phase or when all townies are dead, or nothing can prevent one of these scenarios from happening.

Please confirm by telling me what the bolded red text says, or by posting in your mafia PT.
multrb wrote:Welcome to Mini 3! You are a
Mafia Multitasking Roleblocker
. Each night, you may visit somebody to prevent their actions from working; you may use this action simultaneously with the nightkill if you perpetrate it. You may talk to your partners in [PT link] at any time, and you may also talk and vote during Day phases.

You win when either mafia control half the vote during a Day phase or when all townies are dead, or nothing can prevent one of these scenarios from happening.

Please confirm by telling me what the bolded red text says, or by posting in your mafia PT.
infasc wrote:Welcome to Mini 3! You are a
Mafia Informed Ascetic
. You may talk to your partners in [PT link] at any time, and you may also talk and vote during Day phases. You are informed that a town role exists called "Town Loyal Neighborizer". Any non-killing actions that target you at night will fail.

scum PT wrote:Welcome, names, to your lair! This thread will be open to talk and submit actions at any time.
Spoiler: name's PM
Welcome to Mini 3! You are a
Mafia Goon
. You may talk to your partners in [PT link] at any time, and you may also talk and vote during Day phases.

Mafia Multitasking Roleblocker
. Each night, you may visit somebody to prevent their actions from working; you may use this action simultaneously with the nightkill if you perpetrate it. You may talk to your partners in [PT link] at any time, and you may also talk and vote during Day phases.

Mafia Informed Ascetic
. You may talk to your partners in [PT link] at any time, and you may also talk and vote during Day phases. You are informed that a town role exists called "Town Loyal Neighborizer". Any non-killing actions that target you at night will fail.

any of you may perform the kill each night.
neighborhoods wrote:this thread will be open at any time for its constituents to discuss affairs.
^ this is created after the first successful hood opening, and i will point out when a new person is added or when nobody was in spite of an action
voyeur results wrote:[player name] was visited by a {killing, protective, neighborizing, roleblocking} action
you have received no result
  • a comfy variation on the the cop + doc + rb theme; neighborizer can sit on a lot of innos that become masons and also theres two of them !!!
  • do i have the voyeur results right? nobody uses this role so i couldn't find specifics
Last edited by implosion on Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:09 pm

Post by schadd_ »

e g o
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: shaft.ed

Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:38 pm

Post by Performer »

Interesting setup:

a.
town loyal neighborizer
town novice voyeur
town 1-shot rolestopper 2-shot bodyguard

vs

goon

b.
normal tpr + delayed & limited tpr + normal tpr + negative utility & preventive role
vs
informed + unaffected by all town actions + kill & rb potential
-----------

-Is your intent to have the neighborizers be a type of cop? If the loyal neighborizer hits scum on n1, I guess if scum is clever enough, they can play it off as "oh I am ascetic." Interesting. The n2 & n3 loyal neighborizer is like a cop too, and can form a potential town masonry - just like the loyal neighbrizer can.
-Trying to wrap my head around the full intent of the voyeur. If the town voyeur sees the mafia multitasking roleblocker roleblock someone....but he also kills someone else the same night, hm. How does this play out next day - meant for a bit of wifom in that case?
-How would your night resolution actions prioritize - would it be ascetic>rs>rb>kill>neighborize>voyeur?
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:56 am

Post by schadd_ »

i was gonna be like "wow i literally entirely forgot about this for like 4 days" earlier today and then i forgot

-neighborizer is a cop type thing, yeah. you're right about ascetic.
-voyeur is just miscellaneous extra info, it's not supposed to be a huge source of info. i think you're confusing it with follower - voyeur doesn't learn who committed each action, it is just told which actions targeted a person. it can potentially figure out the full neighborizer's inno if it dies n1 [looking back: i think i'm going to remove the novice], it can figure out that there is a protective (specifically bodyguard?) which is kinda town-indicative, it can figure out there's a roleblocker and that it hit the neighborizer (so that it doesn't get confused about loyalty), it can figure out someone's ascetic. all pretty marginal.
-i think that order of operations is right. like any non-kill hitting ascetic will fail, roleblock and rolestop prevent all the other stuff, voyeur finds out. someone will still get neighborized if the target is killed i think.

rolestopper is positive utility even though it can mess up the loyal-ness; it can heal someone obviously and it can prevent people from getting roleblocked
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:57 am

Post by schadd_ »

novice voyeur -> regular voyeur
voyeur wrote:Welcome to Mini 3! You are a
Town Voyeur.
Each night, you may visit someone to learn what types of action targeted them, if any other than yours.

free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:57 am

Post by schadd_ »

im gonna ping implo about what the fuck voyeur even is because i'm not 100%
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by schadd_ »

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... ormal_Game <- the categories here are the results it gets, so ok

this role sucks btw i'm gonna propose something after the game is over that is just a role-watcher which i think makes more sense
free darius mccollum

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:44 pm

Post by implosion »

yeah tbh reworking follower/voyeur is probably a good idea. I'm not actually familiar with their inception story.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:35 am

Post by Performer »

So there are 2/4 delayed tprs - in the n2 & n3 and the novice roles
2 /4 are like cops (investigative)
1/4 is protective

After the posts of deliberation, I think the voyeur role is fine actually lol.

schadd if you decide to rework the novice voyeur role though, that's fine as well.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:32 am

Post by implosion »

So what is the state of this? Is it good to go, or not yet?
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:12 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 8, Performer wrote:schadd if you decide to rework the novice voyeur role though, that's fine as well.
I was hoping to hear schad's reply about if he wanted to rework the novice voyeur role.

If not, I think it's a good to go setup.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:24 pm

Post by schadd_ »

ya im gonna change voyeur to not novice
free darius mccollum

Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:50 am

Post by Performer »

town:
town loyal neighborizer
town voyeur
town 1-shot rolestopper 2-shot bodyguard
6x vanilla townie

mafia:
goon
-------------

Hm... so without a novice voyeur and simply a voyeur, we now have 3/4 tprs who can work on n1 vs 2/3 powered scum that have factional nk.

I think this works even better then the previous setup with novice voyeur , actually.

Can't think of anything else to add at the moment. It looks really good.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:55 am

Post by schadd_ »

free darius mccollum

Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:40 pm

Post by Performer »

-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”