Mafia 1-Shot Encryptor

Mafia Night 2 Informed Goon

Mafia Goon

Role PMs

Spoiler:
Mini Normal 2051: Winter's SacrificeWelcome, playername. You are a
Disloyal Babysitter

Abilities:

You may target a player each night to protect them. However, if you are killed that night, both you and your target will die.
This action will only succeed when targeting a player of a different alignment. You will not be notified if your action has failed or succeeded.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

The game thread is here. Please confirm by replying to this with your role name and alignment.

Mini Normal 2051: Winter's SacrificeWelcome, playername. You are an
Odd-Night Loyal Babysitter

Abilities:

You may target a player on odd-numbered nights to protect them. However, if you are killed that night, both you and your target will die.
This action will only succeed when targeting a player of the same alignment. You will not be notified if your action has failed or succeeded.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

The game thread is here. Please confirm by replying to this with your role name and alignment.

1-Shot Vigilante Rolecop

Abilities:

Once in the game, you may target a player to attempt to kill them.
You may target a player each night to learn their role. There is no indication of the target's alignment.
If a Mafia Goon or Vanilla Townie is investigated, they return "Vanilla".
You cannot use both of your actions in a single night phase.

Win condition:

Jailkeeper

Abilities:

You may target a player each night to attempt to jailkeep them.
This will simultaneously roleblock and protect your target from all night kills during the night.

Win condition:

Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

You have no special abilities. Your vote is your weapon.

Win condition:

Mafia 1-Shot Encryptor

Abilities:

You have two mafia partners, playername, who is a
Mafia Goon
, and playername, who is a
As a member of the Mafia, you have access to a factional nightkill: each night one of you may kill another player.
Once in the game, you may choose to allow the mafia PT to stay open for the following day phase only.

Win condition:

You win when the mafia make up at least 50% of all living players or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Your private topic is here.

Abilities:

Mafia 1-Shot Encryptor
Mafia Goon
As a member of the Mafia, you have access to a factional nightkill: each night one of you may kill another player.
At the beginning of Night 2, if you are still alive, you and your partners will be informed on some details of the setup.

Win condition:

You win when the mafia make up at least 50% of all living players or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Mafia Goon

Abilities:

Mafia 1-Shot Encryptor

Win condition:

Night 2 Information

Spoiler:
Night 2 Information Received

Outside of you and your partners, exactly 3 of the following roles existed in some form at the beginning of the game.
  1. Babysitter
  2. Follower
  3. Tracker
  4. Rolecop
  5. Vigilante

Action Resolution Priority

Roleblock > Protect > Investigate > Kill
In roles: Jailkeep > Babysit > Rolecop > Vig/Kill

Rolecop Outcomes:

Spoiler:
Rolecop Town Disloyal Babysitter => Receives "Disloyal Babysitter"
Rolecop Town Odd-Night Loyal Babysitter => Receives "Odd-Night Loyal Babysitter"
Rolecop Town Jailkeeper => Receives "Jailkeeper"
Rolecop Mafia 1-Shot Encryptor => Receives "1-Shot Encryptor"
Rolecop Mafia Night 2 Informed Goon => Receives "Night 2 Informed"
Rolecop Mafia Goon => Receives "Vanilla"
Rolecop Vanilla Townie => Receives "Vanilla"

OP on post , Ruleset on post

D1 Start VC:

Spoiler:
VC 1.00

votes
[13] Not Voting
:
Playername, Playername, Playername, Playername, Playername, Playername, Playername, Playername, Playername, Playername, Playername, Playername, Playername

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

The Day 1 deadline is in
: (expired on 2018-12-27 07:07:51)

Mod Notes
: :]

Mafia Private Topic

Spoiler:
Mini Normal 2051: Winter's Sacrifice - Mafia Private Topic
Welcome to Mini Normal 2051: Winter's Sacrifice!

The mafia members are:

Playername, who is a
Mafia 1-Shot Encryptor
Playername, who is a
Playername, who is a
Mafia Goon

Good luck!

Any changes needed?
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 23, Mewtaph wrote:What are your thoughts on a list similar to this?

Night 2 Information ReceivedOutside of you and your partners, exactly 3 of the following roles existed in some form at the beginning of the game.
  1. Babysitter
  2. Follower
  3. Tracker
  4. Rolecop
  5. Vigilante

Offers the mafia team room to speculate on who the town PRs are but are likely to not get things right before players have made their full claims - they might think the 1-Shot Vigilante Rolecop is only playing like one of the roles for example. If the scum team is accurate in nailing three of the roles in some way eg. specific PR hints, correct thoughts on some roles not fitting in the setup, they gain access to two powerful fake claims that fit the town power structure if they're successfully avoiding the ire of a rolecop check - follower (fits well and can "confirm" babysitter actions), or tracker (could fake results, nothing really screams out to fit well here). Alternatively, they can treat the list as a "do not fake claim as" list, and safely avoid making most conflicting claims with the town PRs except for Jailkeeper.
Hmm I would think a specific list is more helpful . Something like this for the n2 info for the n2 informed goon:

There exists a Jailkeeper, 2 Babysitters, and a Vigilante Rolecop.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:15 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

In the current setup, do you guys feel that it's scum sided or town sided?
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:20 pm

Post by schadd_ »

In post 26, Performer wrote: Hmm I would think a specific list is more helpful . Something like this for the n2 info for the n2 informed goon:

There exists a Jailkeeper, 2 Babysitters, and a Vigilante Rolecop.
i mean it doesnt need to be more helpful i think
In post 27, Mewtaph wrote:In the current setup, do you guys feel that it's scum sided or town sided?
i think it's close to even with your current idea for the inform - kind of hard to say as i've gone over but if it is skewed, it wouldn't be by a lot
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: shaft.ed

Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:23 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

Yeah, I think that it's close to balanced currently. I don't think that the inform needs to give more information but I guess I could have my mind changed on that.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:59 am

Post by Performer »

I think it leaves a little too much...guesswork for scum ? As opposed to having something specific.

I was thinking either way could be balanced - having them know 3 of the 5 roles existed or having them know those specific 4 tprs existed....

But I am fine with mew deciding on moving forward with the setup , if he wants. It's looks balanced to me as well.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:54 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

Okay, well I think I prefer running with the 3 of 5 informed just to see how it goes.

In short, I'd happy running disloyal babysit, odd-night loyal babysit, 1-shot vig rolecop, JK, mafia 1-shot encryptor, mafia n2 informed.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:25 am

Post by Performer »

Schad/anyone else - anymore thoughts? I'm fine with it.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by schadd_ »

In post 31, Mewtaph wrote:Okay, well I think I prefer running with the 3 of 5 informed just to see how it goes.

In short, I'd happy running disloyal babysit, odd-night loyal babysit, 1-shot vig rolecop, JK, mafia 1-shot encryptor, mafia n2 informed.
fine w this
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: shaft.ed

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”