Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:00 pm

Post by implosion »

GL GL
In post 61, BNL wrote:Uh

2 Mafia Goon
1 Town 2-shot Loyal Fruit Vendor
1 Informed Townie "There is a Town 2-shot Loyal Fruit Vendor"
5 Vanilla Townie
Last edited by implosion on Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:03 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Ego.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:03 pm

Post by implosion »

Ego works so brokenly with private topics though, so I'm posting this in the hopes it will make it actually ego for you!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:16 pm

I think it just takes some time (20 minutes to an hour) until it shows up. Something about making sure people don't accidentally see topics they shouldn't? Idk, but it's working now :P
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:58 pm

Post by BNL »

In post 3, Something_Smart wrote:I think it just takes some time (20 minutes to an hour) until it shows up. Something about making sure people don't accidentally see topics they shouldn't? Idk, but it's working now :P
I believe this is the case, seeing how new posts in PTs don't show up when I view their posts.
GTKAS - BNL

Busy, on indefinite V/LA. May return April 2020
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:01 pm

Post by BNL »

Anyway,

1 Mafia Multitasking Rolecop
1 Mafia Goon
1 Town Multitasking Doctor Roleblocker
1 Town Tracker
5 Vanilla Townies

Main point of the setup is to make sure that Multitasking isn't broken, and to see how the tracker potentially sees the town multitasking visit two people. This setup is swingy but I don't see a way to mitigate that.
GTKAS - BNL

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:17 pm

The point is fine in itself, although it's pretty unlikely it will ever trigger (and if it does, it will probably end up with town eating itself alive, although maybe not since it's unlikely either of the visits will be to the player that died).

The tracker and RB is SUPER swingy though... a day 1 scum lynch is dangerously close to game over. Changing the RB to something else would probably bring the swing to an acceptable level, and then we'd just have to fine-tune the balance. You could do traffic analyst as an anti-swing, or multitasking doctor doctor would be interesting if it's allowed. (I don't know if this is discussed anywhere, but implosion, would that be allowed?)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:21 pm

Although as much as it's a neat gimmick to have a multitasking town role the tracker can see, we need to be careful not to amass too much town power in one role. If implosion gives the okay to multitasking doctor doctor, I would totally try to make that work, but if he doesn't or if you don't want to go that route, it might not be a bad idea to have the tracker plus two weaker town PR's, one or both of which are multitasking. That would help keep the swing down for sure.
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:36 pm

Post by BNL »

Maybe doctor rolestopper?
I like turning the town multitasking into a full defensive.

That said, it’s a good idea to ask implosion regardless of the setup
GTKAS - BNL

BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:37 pm

Post by BNL »

As a plus if there’s a successful tracker action on a Night with no nightkill one of the targets will actually be the nightkill
GTKAS - BNL

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:53 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 6, Something_Smart wrote:multitasking doctor doctor
lmao.

I think I'm gonna say this is not normal at least for now, but it can be discussed more later; I just think that something like this is inevitably going to be met with some ugly combination of "is that even allowed", "there's no way that's normal" and "there's no way scum could make that up".
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:54 pm

Okay, I'll bring it up for discussion after this game is over, so that if you decide to allow it, that will be accompanied with an explicit announcement.

Doctor rolestopper is close enough for our purposes and also definitely normal, so we can go with that.

Multitasking rolecop and goon versus tracker, multitasking doctor rolestopper, and 5 VT's seems a bit townsided. Comparing it to the Newbie setup goon/goon versus tracker/doctor/VT's, the rolecop doesn't help scum THAT much and the odds of a doctor save go way up, and the doctor getting two successful saves in one game is actually a possibility, although it is still pretty low.

If you made the rolecop a roleblocker, it would be pretty interesting... not sure if it would be stronger given that if the tracker claims while the doctor is alive, the scum not only can't roleblock it but would probably waste a night trying. I can brainstorm some possible scum buffs, but if you have any ideas you can go ahead and give them.

Of course, if you think doctor rolestopper is too gimmicky or swingy, we can switch over to tracker + two weak roles, one or both of which are multitasking.
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:01 pm

Post by BNL »

I think Rolecop->Roleblocker is a good idea
GTKAS - BNL

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:11 pm

I'm not totally convinced that roleblocker is better though. It's good if they hit an unclaimed PR (though they'd probably have been better off NK'ing said unclaimed PR), and it's good if the doctor and tracker both claim in the same day. But if only the doctor claims, then it doesn't make much of a difference as the doctor is dying anyway, and if only the tracker claims, then scum either screw themselves by RB'ing the tracker, or they REALLY screw themselves by trying to kill the tracker. (Or even worse, they do both to protect against the possibility of a doctor.)

It's probably better to have something that's a little more potent against follow the tracker. Strongman is a possibility, and really the only one (other than some kind of ninja/ascetic which absolutely screws scum if that person is lynched) that can directly deal with the tracker claiming. I feel like giving scum a one-shot strongman and a rolecop or a roleblocker is too much, but since you wanted a multitasking scum role that could be seen visiting multiple people, maybe you could give them a weaker investigative like a motion detector.

Mafia one-shot strongman
Mafia multitasking motion detector
Town tracker
Town multitasking doctor rolestopper
5x VT

seems pretty balanced. Maybe a little scumsided... how do you feel about that?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:05 am

*poke*
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:12 pm

Post by BNL »

Uh yeah this is in limbo because I’m not really fond of the setup
GTKAS - BNL

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:41 pm

We can scrap it and make a totally different 9p setup if you want.
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:56 pm

Post by BNL »

I'd like that as well, actually

I have many other 9ps in mind
GTKAS - BNL

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:59 pm

Cool, pick one and let's take a look.
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:06 pm

Post by BNL »

The only issue is that I may want to revive the original idea of the setup and thus not actually want the first part to be released, but...
Actually I'm not attached to the initial idea anymore as I believe it's been semi-tested?
GTKAS - BNL

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:27 am

You could probably have implosion make you a new PT and just never release this one.
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:50 am

Post by BNL »

Yeah that's what I'm thinking

@implosion
GTKAS - BNL

BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:00 am

Post by BNL »

Whatever I’ll just use this thread

Mafia Rolestopper Neighbour
Mafia Goon
Town Traffic Analyst
Town Tracker
Town Neighbour
4 Vanilla Townie
GTKAS - BNL

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:46 am

Seems a bit scumsided, given that the traffic analyst won't ever get a guilty unless scum choose to kill the neighbor.

Why the rolestopper?
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:48 pm

Post by BNL »

I wanted a nonstandard blocker
GTKAS - BNL

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”