Pronoun: he/him

Not Known 15's mini normal review circa January 2019

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:36 am

Post by implosion »

Not Known 15 wrote:
4 Vanilla Townies Group A

Spoiler:
Vanilla TownieAbilities:
You have no abilities other than your voice and your vote.
Win Conditions:
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive
(or nothing can prevent the same)

3 Vanilla Townies Group B

Spoiler:
Vanilla TownieAbilities:
Win Conditions:
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive

1 Town Night 1-2 Disloyal Informed Vigilante

Spoiler:
Town Night 1-2 Disloyal Informed Vigilante)Abilities:Kill:You may attempt to kill another player.
Modifiers:
Disloyal:Targeting those with the same alignment fails.
Informed:You know that if you target Mafia, your target will die. This information will be redacted upon your flip.
Night 1-2:You can only use your role on Night 1 and Night 2.
Win Conditions:

1 Bulletproof Informed Innocent Child

Spoiler:
Town Bulletproof Informed Innocent ChildRole:Innocent Child:You are confirmed to be town.
Modifiers:Bulletproof:You cannot be killed at night.
Informed:You know that Group A and Group B contain 2 Mafia each:
Group A:
Group B:
You know that the Mafia have no Strongman at all.
These informations will be redacted upon your flip.
Win Conditions:

2 Mafia Encryptor Group B

Spoiler:
Mafia EncryptorAbilities:
Encrypt:As long as you are alive the Mafia have daychat.
Factional Communication: Each night phase, you may talk to your group here [Link].
Factional Kill: Each night phase, you may send a member of your group to target another player in the game, attempting to kill them.
Win Conditions:

You win if at least one mafia member is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

1 Informed Mafia Group A

Spoiler:
Mafia InformedAbilities:

Factional Communication: Each night phase, you may talk to your group here [Link].
Factional Kill: Each night phase, you may send a member of your group to target another player in the game, attempting to kill them.
Modifiers:Informed:You know that [name of Bulletproof Innocent Child] has the following role:
Role:Innocent Child:You are confirmed to be town.
Modifiers:Bulletproof:You cannot be killed at night.
Informed:You know that Group A and Group B contain 2 Mafia each:
Group A:
Group B:
You know that the Mafia have no [INFORMATION REDACTED] at all.
Win Conditions:
(the original has white color)
Win Conditions:

You win if at least one mafia member is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

1 Mafia Encryptor Group A

Spoiler:
Encrypt:As long as you are alive, the Mafia have daychat.
Win Conditions:

Not Known 15 wrote:Welcome to my Mini Normal.

Rules:
1.Follow the Site Rules. This includes not talking about ongoing games.
2.You may have access to private threads (e.g. Mafia factional chat); you can talk about this game there, but you may not quote anything there here. You may not quote any game-related PMs without express permission by your game mod.
3.Play to win this game.
4.Lurking: You will be prodded after 36 hours of no substantial contribution(no prod dodging). After 24 hours of an unanswered prod I will search for a replacement(unless V/LA). Four prods in total, or two prods in one day will result in an instant replacement. ASK FOR REPLACEMENT IN A PM.
5.Vacation/Limited Access: Tell me when you are going to have limited access. If you have limited access, you will still count as having a prod after 3 days, and you will be instantly replaced after 5 days in total.
6.Weekend: For the purposes of prods and nights, Sunday and Saturday count as 12 hours each.
7.CHEATING:Cheating(breaking site rules, posting while dead, quoting Role PM's without explicit permission, encrypting posts without explicit permission, editing/deleting posts without explicit permission) is forbidden. Don't do it.
Setup information:

8.Length of day phases: Day 1: 10 days
Day 2+:7 days
9.Length of nights: 2 days

10. Lynching:A lynch necessiates more than 50% of all possible votes. You may vote for No Lynch. A No Lynch needs 50% of all possible votes.

11:Hammer:As soon as the required number of people for a Lynch or NoLynch is reached, the game descends into Twilight.
12:Twilight:Alive people, including the hammered lynch target, may continue to post until the flip.
13:Flip: After the flip, if there is no one to replace, the game descends into Night.
If there is a replacement, the game will be locked(do not post). The game descends into Night after the lynch.
14:Daychat: No evil faction has daychat unless specified otherwise.
15:Natural Action Resolution applies. Same priority cycles are resolved by making all actions of the same priority fail(e.g.Roleblocker vs Roleblocker, only both roleblocks fail).
16:Color and Vanilla Role PM:
Vanilla TownieAbilities:
Win Conditions:
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive(or nothing can prevent the same).

At least one person recieved this Role PM.

This is my color
:(#BF8080). Do not use it.
17:Breaking rules can result in any kind of punishment. Do not break the rules.
In addition to what I asked you to provide you in your confirmation elsewhere you must add"People often forget to read the rules".
18:I may add additional rules at my discretion. I will tell everyone via PM if this happens.
Last edited by implosion on Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:37 am

Post by implosion »

Primary: mastina
Secondary: Performer
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:49 pm

Post by mastina »

This seems like a theme game?
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:37 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

You don't think this falls under Normal?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:09 pm

Post by implosion »

So I'll step in and say:

This game is technically normal; it fits the strict requirements of a normal game.

However, it will not fit the expectations, I suspect, of a good majority of players entering the normal queue.

Having a single nearly all-powerful role like a bulletproof IC that is given a free division of the player list in half goes against the expectation of a "normal game of mafia." If that person shares the information publicly then the game turns into "hunt the two scum from each subgroup" which feels distinctly like a theme mechanic because it becomes the entire focus of the game. If they don't share that information, then the game becomes essentially one person playing solitaire and directing all of the lynches while everyone else is forced to blindly follow (and in fact, this is probably the optimal way to play the role, as it prevents scum from knowing how the groups are laid out and planning nightkills around it).
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:05 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4, implosion wrote:So I'll step in and say:

This game is technically normal; it fits the strict requirements of a normal game.

However, it will not fit the expectations, I suspect, of a good majority of players entering the normal queue.

Having a single nearly all-powerful role like a bulletproof IC that is given a free division of the player list in half goes against the expectation of a "normal game of mafia." If that person shares the information publicly then the game turns into "hunt the two scum from each subgroup" which feels distinctly like a theme mechanic because it becomes the entire focus of the game. If they don't share that information, then the game becomes essentially one person playing solitaire and directing all of the lynches while everyone else is forced to blindly follow (and in fact, this is probably the optimal way to play the role, as it prevents scum from knowing how the groups are laid out and planning nightkills around it).
^A more wordy way of what I was getting at, basically.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:23 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 4, implosion wrote:So I'll step in and say:

Fair point. I will think on how to change that.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:16 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

Alright, so I recycled another idea and removed Bulletproof.

2 Vanilla Townies

Spoiler:
Vanilla TownieAbilities:
Win Conditions:

3 Town Macho Neighbor

Spoiler:
Town Macho NeighborModifiers: Macho: You cannot be protected from kills.
Neighbor:You are part of a Neighborhood:[Link]. You may talk at any time.
Win Conditions:

1 Town Informed Night 3+ Vigilante

Spoiler:
Town Informed Night 3+ Vigilante)Abilities:Kill:You may attempt to kill another player.
Modifiers:Informed:You know that if you target Mafia, your target will die. This information will be redacted upon your flip.
Night 3+:You cannot use your role on Night 1 and Night 2.
Win Conditions:

Informed Macho Innocent Child
Spoiler:
Informed Innocent ChildAbility:Innocent Child:You are confirmed to be town(at the start of the game).
Modifiers:Informed:You know that there are four people aligned with the Mafia, one of them being a traitor. These informations will be redacted upon your flip.
Macho:You cannot be protected from death.
Win Conditions:

1 Town Macho Neighbor Night 1 Cop

Spoiler:
Town Macho Neighbor Night 1 CopAbilities:
Investigate: Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. You will receive a result of "Town", "Anti-town", or "No Result".
Modifiers: Macho:You cannot be protected from kills.
Night 1:You can only use your role on Night 1.

1 Disloyal Informed Macho Neighbor Ninja Night 1-2 Babysitter

Spoiler:
Town Disloyal Informed Macho Neighbor Ninja Night 1-2 BabysitterAbilities:
Babysit: Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to babysit them. They will be protected from a single kill. However, if you are killed, your target will die with you.
Modifiers: Disloyal: Targeting those of the same alignment fails.
Informed: You know that all members of the Neighborhood are Macho.
Macho:You cannot be protected from kills.
Ninja: Your visits are hidden.
Night 1-2: You can only use your role on Night 1 and Night 2.
Win Conditions:

2 Mafia Encryptor

Spoiler:
Win Conditions:

1 Informed Mafia

Spoiler:
Mafia InformedAbilities:

Modifiers:Informed:You know that one of [name of Traitor, name of Cop, name of Disloyal Night 1-2 Ninja Babysitter; sorted by playerlist number] is a Cop with a modifier. You know that there is an Informed Macho Innocent Child.
Win Conditions:

1 Mafia Macho Neighbor Traitor

Spoiler:
Mafia Macho Neighbor TraitorAbilities:
Traitor:You assist the Mafia, who are [name],[name], and [name]. They are informed that a traitor exists in game. By default, they don't know your name. You lose if you are the only member of the Mafia alive.
Modifiers:Macho:You cannot be protected from kills.
Win Conditions:
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:04 am

Post by Performer »

1. For the n3+ vig - wouldn't the below be "Disloyal" as a modifier instead of "Informed?"

"Modifiers:Informed:You know that if you target Mafia, your target will die. This information will be redacted upon your flip."

2. I count 6 people in a neighborhood? Interesting.
What is the intent of the Babysitter having the Ninja modifier?
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:37 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 8, Performer wrote:1. For the n3+ vig - wouldn't the below be "Disloyal" as a modifier instead of "Informed?"

"Modifiers:Informed:You know that if you target Mafia, your target will die. This information will be redacted upon your flip."
No, this is very valuable information. It essentially says that no one can protect Mafia or stop a mafia kill or roleblock Town on Night 3+
It is NOT disloyal; if they target town then town can(and will) die, too.
2. I count 6 people in a neighborhood? Interesting.
What is the intent of the Babysitter having the Ninja modifier?
Yes, 6 people... quite a bit!
The Ninja is a red herring.

1 Informed Mafia

I forgot to change the cop to modifier
s
; here is the repaired RolePM.
Spoiler:
Mafia InformedAbilities:

Modifiers:Informed:You know that one of [name of Traitor, name of Cop, name of Disloyal Night 1-2 Ninja Babysitter; sorted by playerlist number] is a Cop with modifiers. You know that there is an Informed Macho Innocent Child.
Win Conditions:
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:21 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

Hm. Do you think this is better or not?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:24 pm

Post by mastina »

I realize people tend not to consider Neighbors as roles in the design world, but I'm a bit concerned that from the play perspective, the setup only has two VTs?
Yes, there's essentially-vanilla-neighbors, but they aren't actual bona fide VTs.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:48 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 11, mastina wrote:I realize people tend not to consider Neighbors as roles in the design world, but I'm a bit concerned that from the play perspective, the setup only has two VTs?
Yes, there's essentially-vanilla-neighbors, but they aren't actual bona fide VTs.
Well, the rule is.... minimum of 1 VT in normal games.
This has a pretty low amount of night actions for a Mini Normal, because despite 2 VT's there are no very complicated night actions nor is the game completely dominated by night actions(although it is, due to the number of Mafia, a bit more reliant on Night actions than normal).
We have three possible actions Night 1, and two for the rest of the game, including the Mafia kill.
However, I just noticed a problem with the setup- potentially - the interaction of Macho with Babysitter - (or a Jailkeeper). Erm. So please don't sign it off yet- I need to ask implosion about that.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:51 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

The problem is: What actually happens if a Jailkeeper or Babysitter visits a player with the Macho modifier?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:48 am

Post by implosion »

They wouldn't be protected from kills.

If a jailkeeper targets a macho player, that player will be roleblocked but not protected.
If a babysitter targets a macho player, the macho player will still die if they are killed and will also die if the babysitter is killed.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:02 am

Post by Performer »

@NK 15: the setup as of your post , seems good so far. I had nothing else to add....

But based off the newer posts, were you contemplating further altering the setup ?
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:04 am

Post by Performer »

Another thought - the setup with the 2 vts , 4 neighbors, and IC - makes me think this is focused largely on day play .
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:12 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 15, Performer wrote:But based off the newer posts, were you contemplating further altering the setup ?
Well... no, I think it should be fine.
In post 16, Performer wrote:Another thought - the setup with the 2 vts , 4 neighbors, and IC - makes me think this is focused largely on day play .
Well, dayplay is significant, yes - as it should be always for Normal games. The Nightkill is also important, however.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:34 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Are you still thinking about the setup?
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:50 am

Post by Performer »

In post 18, Not Known 15 wrote:Are you still thinking about the setup?
Me - no , I'm fine with it.

mastina, any additional thoughts..?..
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:28 am

Post by mastina »

I'm still uncomfortable with how there's only two legitimate VTs--even the neighbors aren't just neighbors; they have a modifier which makes them stand out even more than just being a neighbor would. It still feels like a theme more than a normal with that mechanic.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:25 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 20, mastina wrote:I'm still uncomfortable with how there's only two legitimate VTs--even the neighbors aren't just neighbors; they have a modifier which makes them stand out even more than just being a neighbor would. It still feels like a theme more than a normal with that mechanic.
Would removing the Macho modifier from everyone except the Traitor, the IC and the Babysitter work? The information from the Babysitter would have to be altered to "Two people in the neighborhood have the Macho modifier".
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:39 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 21, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 20, mastina wrote:I'm still uncomfortable with how there's only two legitimate VTs--even the neighbors aren't just neighbors; they have a modifier which makes them stand out even more than just being a neighbor would. It still feels like a theme more than a normal with that mechanic.
Would removing the Macho modifier from everyone except the Traitor, the IC and the Babysitter work? The information from the Babysitter would have to be altered to "Two people in the neighborhood have the Macho modifier".
It'd be better, yes.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:20 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

2 Vanilla Townies

Spoiler:
Vanilla TownieAbilities:
Win Conditions:

3 Town Neighbor

Spoiler:
Town NeighborModifiers:Neighbor:You are part of a Neighborhood:[Link]. You may talk at any time.
Win Conditions:

1 Town Informed Night 3+ Vigilante

Spoiler:
Town Informed Night 3+ Vigilante)Abilities:Kill:You may attempt to kill another player.
Modifiers:Informed:You know that if you target Mafia, your target will die. This information will be redacted upon your flip.
Night 3+:You cannot use your role on Night 1 and Night 2.
Win Conditions:

Informed Macho Innocent Child
Spoiler:
Informed Innocent ChildAbility:Innocent Child:You are confirmed to be town(at the start of the game).
Modifiers:Informed:You know that there are four people aligned with the Mafia, one of them being a traitor. These informations will be redacted upon your flip.
Macho:You cannot be protected from death.
Win Conditions:

1 Town Neighbor Night 1 Cop

Spoiler:
Town Neighbor Night 1 CopAbilities:
Investigate: Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. You will receive a result of "Town", "Anti-town", or "No Result".
Night 1:You can only use your role on Night 1.

1 Disloyal Informed Macho Neighbor Ninja Night 1-2 Babysitter

Spoiler:
Town Disloyal Informed Macho Neighbor Ninja Night 1-2 BabysitterAbilities:
Babysit: Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to babysit them. They will be protected from a single kill. However, if you are killed, your target will die with you.
Modifiers: Disloyal: Targeting those of the same alignment fails.
Informed: You know that two members of the Neighborhood are Macho.
Macho:You cannot be protected from kills.
Ninja: Your visits are hidden.
Night 1-2: You can only use your role on Night 1 and Night 2.
Win Conditions:

2 Mafia Encryptor

Spoiler:
Win Conditions:

1 Informed Mafia

Spoiler:
Mafia InformedAbilities:

Modifiers:Informed:You know that one of [name of Traitor, name of Cop, name of Disloyal Night 1-2 Ninja Babysitter; sorted by playerlist number] is a Cop with a modifier. You know that there is an Informed Macho Innocent Child.
Win Conditions:

1 Mafia Macho Neighbor Traitor

Spoiler:
Mafia Macho Neighbor TraitorAbilities:
Traitor:You assist the Mafia, who are [name],[name], and [name]. They are informed that a traitor exists in game. By default, they don't know your name. You lose if you are the only member of the Mafia alive.
Modifiers:Macho:You cannot be protected from kills.
Win Conditions:
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:55 pm

Post by implosion »

If this review is done by tomorrow it'll enter signups then; otherwise it'll be next after ChibiBear's pre-designed.

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”