Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:16 am

Post by Performer »

In post 49, RadiantCowbells wrote:You want same setup but with unlimited vig instead of 1shotvig 1shotnea?
Ah , I misunderstood. I thought the JOAT suggestion included unlimited vig & unlimited neap - never mind.

JOAT with 1s vig & 1s neap is fine.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:42 pm

Post by northsidegal »

is that /passed, then?
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:57 am

Post by Performer »

If still needed, here are the role pms...

-----------

JOAT (1-shot Vigilante, 1-shot Neapolitan): you are the Town JOAT. You have 1-shot of checking one player per night to see whether or not they are a Vanilla Townie. You also have 1-shot of shooting a target at night. You cannot use both abilities on the same night.
Please confirm by responding to this PM with your role and alignment. You win when all scum are eliminated, and town has at least 1 player left standing.

1-shot Bulletproof Miller: you are the Town 1-shot Bulletproof Miller. If shot at night, you shall survive once.
Also, any check from a Cop at night, will show you as "guilty."
Please confirm by responding to this PM with your role and alignment. You win when all scum are eliminated, and town has at least 1 player left standing.

Doctor: you are the Town Doctor. Each night you may protect a target from a kill.

Role Cop: you are the Town Rolecop. Each night you may check what role a target has. If a Mafia Goon or Vanilla Townie is investigated, they return "vanilla."

VT: you are a Vanilla Townie. You have no special powers except using your voice & vote in the public thread. Please confirm by responding to this PM with your role and alignment. You win when all scum are eliminated, and town has at least 1 player left standing.
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT

vs

1-shot Strongman: you're the Mafia 1-shot Strongman!! Any protective on a target you target for the night kill, will be of no use. This is 1-shot only.
Your partners are
B & C
and each night one of you can perform one factional night kill. Here is your private thread for night talk:
(link)

You win when town has been eliminated & at least 1 of the Mafia team is alive. Please confirm by replying with your role name and alignment or by posting in your PT.

Encryptor: you're the Mafia Encryptor!! As long as you're alive, your team shares daytalk - meaning you can all converse in your PT during daytime, not just nighttime.
Your partners are
A & C
and each night one of you can perform one factional night kill. Here is your private thread for night talk:
(link)

You win when town has been eliminated & at least 1 of the Mafia team is alive. Please confirm by replying with your role name and alignment or by posting in your PT.

Goon: you're the Mafia Goon! Your partners are
A & B
(link)

I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:10 am

Post by implosion »

I'd avoid the word "the", as in "you are the town rolecop", as it implies there are no duplicate roles, which shouldn't be confirmed.

also i'd clarify the strongman pm to say that it's an active role, i.e. that they choose a night to use the ability, rather than it automatically activating the first time that they kill someone that would have been protected
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:39 am

Post by Performer »

Thanks! Updated below.
----------

JOAT (1-shot Vigilante, 1-shot Neapolitan): you are a Town JOAT. You have 1-shot of checking one player per night to see whether or not they are a Vanilla Townie. You also have 1-shot of shooting a target at night. You cannot use both abilities on the same night.

1-shot Bulletproof Miller: you are a Town 1-shot Bulletproof Miller. If shot at night, you shall survive once.

Doctor: you are a Town Doctor. Each night you may protect a target from a kill.

Role Cop: you are a Town Rolecop. Each night you may check what role a target has. If a Mafia Goon or Vanilla Townie is investigated, they return "vanilla."

VT: you are a Vanilla Townie. You have no special powers except using your voice & vote in the public thread. Please confirm by responding to this PM with your role and alignment. You win when all scum are eliminated, and town has at least 1 player left standing.
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT

vs

1-shot Strongman: you're a Mafia 1-shot Strongman!! At night you may choose a target for the night kill. Any protection on that target will be useless. This is 1-shot only.
Your partners are
B & C
and each night one of you can perform one factional night kill. Here is your private thread for night talk: (link)

Encryptor: you're a Mafia Encryptor!! As long as you're alive, your team shares daytalk - meaning you can all converse in your PT during daytime, not just nighttime.
Your partners are
A & C
and each night one of you can perform one factional night kill. Here is your private thread for night talk: (link)

Goon: you're a Mafia Goon! Your partners are
A & B
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:05 pm

Post by northsidegal »

few clarifications:
  • i'd clarify in rolecop that "You will learn that person's role, but not their alignment", or something similar.
  • 1-shot Strongman needs to be "unable to be prevented by any protective
    or roleblocking
    abilities".
only ones i spotted.

(i guess
@implo
) i wonder if we should future-proof this or not for upcoming changes by making the mafia encryptor explicitly "any private threads you are a part of will gain daychat"
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:11 pm

Post by implosion »

may as well, this setup shouldn't be grabbed for a while i think.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:29 am

Post by Performer »

Updated:

JOAT (1-shot Vigilante, 1-shot Neapolitan): you are a Town JOAT. You have 1-shot of checking one player per night to see whether or not they are a Vanilla Townie. You also have 1-shot of shooting a target at night. You cannot use both abilities on the same night.

1-shot Bulletproof Miller: you are a Town 1-shot Bulletproof Miller. If shot at night, you shall survive once.

Doctor: you are a Town Doctor. Each night you may protect a target from a kill.

Role Cop: you are a Town Rolecop. Each night you may check what role a target has, and will learn that person's role but not their alignment.

VT
VT
VT
VT
VT

vs

1-shot Strongman: you're a Mafia 1-shot Strongman!! At night you may choose a target for the night kill. This is 1-shot only. When your ability is used for the night kill, you are unable to be prevented by any protective or roleblocking abilities.
Your partners are
B & C

Encryptor: you're a Mafia Encryptor!! As long as you're alive, your team shares daytalk - meaning you can all converse in your PT during daytime, not just nighttime.
Your partners are
A & C

Goon: you're a Mafia Goon! Your partners are
A & B
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:30 am

Post by Performer »

In post 56, implosion wrote:may as well, this setup shouldn't be grabbed for a while i think.
yeah I agree - judging by the pace of the Normal Queue in the past several days...will be awhile :]
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:38 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

good stuff official /apss
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2019 1:39 pm

Post by ofrhz »

Thanks implosion :)

A few questions:

- is the strongman an activated ability or passive?

- can I change the first bit of the strongman role pm to:
1-shot Strongman: you're a Mafia 1-shot Strongman!! At night you may choose a target for the night kill. When your ability is used for the night kill, you are unable to be prevented by any protective or roleblocking abilities. This ability is 1-shot only.

- does the rolecop get a result that says “JOAT” or “ JOAT (1-s vig, 1-s nea)” on the joat?

- what is the correct response to: “do scum have daychat?”

I will also post my ruleset when I get to a computer!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2019 6:08 pm

Post by implosion »

Strongman is an activated ability that they can choose which night to use.

Role pm change looks good.

Rolecop should get the equivalent of a role PM with alignment-related info redacted, so "JOAT (1-s vig, 1-s nea)".

The correct response to "do scum have daychat" is "the existence of scum daychat is dependent on whether or not there is an encryptor". Note that this is the standard answer regardless of whether or not there's an encryptor, so don't worry about giving anything away with it.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2019 12:41 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 60, ofrhz wrote:Thanks implosion
Hehe
Cant wait to see ofrhz run the setup!
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2019 2:19 pm

Post by ofrhz »

PERFORMER!!!! hi :D

Ruleset:

(Specifically, I'm not sure if scum are allowed to no kill and what the rule regarding happily ever afters is)
---

General

- All site rules apply.
- Don't talk about any ongoing games, and don't talk about this game elsewhere while it's still ongoing.
- Please pay special attention to this relatively new rule regarding replacements.
- Play to your win condition.
- Don't make personal attacks.
- Don't edit or delete posts.
- Don't quote any PMs that I send you.
- Paraphrase any communication from outside the game thread, including any content from neighborhood, mason, or hydra PTs. Do not directly quote or copy paste from these PTs.
- Don't use any form of provable randomness. This includes posting proof of random number generators or using the dice tag. Claiming you did something randomly is fine as it's unprovable.
- I've never seen anyone try to do this, but don't be that guy that tries to use encryption. Bread crumbing is allowed.
- Don't pretend to break the rules. An example of this would be posting a role card that you claim the moderator sent you, even if it is not actually your role.
- I may edit your post to put a VC. I won't delete any posts or change any game-related content in your posts.
-
This is my color (#388E8E).
You can use it if you want, but don't try to impersonate me.
- You can always PM me if you have any questions. If you need to talk to me in thread, please
bold your question like this
so I can locate it better.
- Have fun!

Activity & Deadlines

- Day phases are 14 days long.
- Night phases are 2 days long.
- Prods will be delivered after 48 hours of inactivity.
- Post in the thread within 24 hours of a prod, or I will start looking for a replacement.
- If you know that you are going to be away for more than 48 hours, please post in the game thread
in bold
the duration of your V/LA.
- Deadline extensions are granted at mod discretion. All deadline extensions will be announced in the thread.

Gameplay

- Votes are only counted if you use a vote tag or bold the vote. You can also use bold tags
I guess
, e.g. VOTE: orfhz and
vote: ofhrz
- Votes in spoiler tags are annoying and won't be counted.
- Unvotes are not necessary before changing your vote.
- You may vote for a no lynch.
- Majority lynch. Once someone has been hammered, the game will enter twilight, and votes and unvotes will no longer be counted.
- Twilight posting is allowed, and the player who was just lynched may also post until the thread is locked.
- If a majority is not reached before the day countdown runs out, the day will end in a no lynch.
- Failure to submit a night action before the night countdown runs out will result in no action.
- Scum players may submit factional abilities on their teammates' behalf.
- Scum may elect to no kill, but choosing to no kill two nights in a row amounts to conceding.
- Happily ever after/draws aren't a thing, sorry.
- You get one contentless 'bah' post in the game thread after you have been killed.

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”